• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I'm fairly confident we're getting a direct accounement DIRECTLY from Nintendo tomorrow. I just have this feeling that gives me feels about feeling Ridley.

What if a leviathan struck earth? Would a omega alt be cunfirmed?

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I just really really really want a Ridley Amiibo. Is that too much to ask?
Stand in line, you're not the only one.

I'm fairly confident we're getting a direct accounement DIRECTLY from Nintendo tomorrow. I just have this feeling that gives me feels about feeling Ridley.

You feel a feeling that gives you the feeling of feeling Ridl-
SSssshhhh! You are going to make Andrea upset! all in good fun

Also a leviathan striking earth would probably kill us. And confirm omega ridley, yes.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I even see him doing that because on the closed door round table, he said to not ask about new characters.

Imagine if one breaks that rule, he'll be upset if it was for Ridley.
: Any questions?

:4villager::Sakurai, sir. I know you said not to ask this, but will Ridley be playable in Smash 4?

: *Long Silence*

: Well because you were brave enough to ask that question, I will tell you. No, he will not be playable, but only because you asked me for him.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion

Omega Ridley confirmed. He has Phazon breath that corrupts everyone. If they get too corrupted they explode and die. Insta Ridley win. GG. Top tier banned from everything. GG Ridley u da bes.

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
: Any questions?

:4villager::Sakurai, sir. I know you said not to ask this, but will Ridley be playable in Smash 4?

: *Long Silence*

: Well because you were brave enough to ask that question, I will tell you. No, he will not be playable, but only because you asked me for him.
Technically he didn't lie. Ridley won't be playable for Smash 4 since there is no video game called as such. I only know Smash Bros. Wii U and Smash Bros. 3DS.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

No, mah boi, Roidley still has too different proportions, BUT i can make your face the greatest in the swamp...or else you will DIE! *slams face into the camera* Oh, and it is written that only Ridley and Roidley can be playable. And you must die...or else you will DIE! *breaks the camera with his face*

Who will be deconfirmed next? Chorus Kids? Shulk? Captain Toad? Geno? Bowser Jr? Impa? Ghirahim? Vaati? Oh, so many possibilities...but i doubt it will be Ridley. It still may happen, but it is pretty unlikely now since Chrom and Saber whatever something i don't careguy had their roles confirmed 2 times, once it was obvious, but there still was hope for those who didn't understood that and 2nd time it was guard breaking, so, there would be no hope left.

Gotta go to sleep! My cakes will burn!

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
No, mah boi, Roidley still has too different proportions,
I'm pretty sure I had an extremely different initial thought when reading this as opposed to everyone else...

Who will be deconfirmed next? Chorus Kids? Shulk? Captain Toad? Geno? Bowser Jr? Impa? Ghirahim? Vaati? Oh, so many possibilities...but i doubt it will be Ridley.
I doubt it will be Ridley, either. Too much evidence against him.

Please be Ghirahim, please be Ghirahim.

Juiceball

Smash Rookie
NNID
Juiceball
Hey, so apparently, the nintendo direct tonight is a Hyrule Warriors direct..

Sooo... could we still get a Smash character reveal or no..?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Of course not. Why would anyone think so? And we knew it was a Hyrule Warriors Direct from the start. Now, we can DEFINITELY get a Direct later in the week, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if we did. In fact, they had both a General Direct and a Wonderful 101 Direct last year.

No. Unless Ganondorf gets confirmed on the website.
Technically that'd be tomorrow. Although its also tonight. This wouldn't surprise me at all, in fact, now I fully think that Ganondorf is the #1 most likely next veteran to be revealed entirely due to Hyrule Warriors.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
The general direct was 2 days after the 101. The Tomoadchi death direct was 2 days after the smash. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

Last edited:

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
If we don't get a Nintendo #Smash Direct/Digital Event this week, then next week seems even more plausible for a Ridley or Character reveal with GamesCon next week.

When is Gamescom 2014? Gamescom 2014 will take place from August 13 to August 17, 2014 in Cologne, Germany. As in 2013, the first day (August 13) will only be open for industry and media visitors....
-IGN
It'll possibly be similar to the awkward closed behind doors reveal for Pacman at E3.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Yea if anyone did get revealed tonight (which I doubt) I think it'd be Ganondorf. Ridley confirmation/deconfirmation will have to wait a bit longer. I think the clock is ON after this direct for Ridley.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman

Nintendo wouldn't want to divert the attention away from HW. So I wouldn't expect any newcomer or veteran in the same day.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Yea if anyone did get revealed tonight (which I doubt) I think it'd be Ganondorf. Ridley confirmation/deconfirmation will have to wait a bit longer. I think the clock is ON after this direct for Ridley.
Am I the only one NOT expecting any stand alone veteran announcements? If Ganondorf shows up, it'll be in a trailer for a newcomer, the way Captain Falcon did.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
The general direct was 2 days after the 101. The Tomoadchi death direct was 2 days after the smash. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!
So, announced tomorrow?

That actually would be bad for me, but I think it's too early anyway.

Like, I expect next week at the earliest and August 29 at the latest.

I'm wondering which week because I have reasons for next and in 2 weeks. I have no idea which one it will be.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Am I the only one NOT expecting any stand alone veteran announcements? If Ganondorf shows up, it'll be in a trailer for a newcomer, the way Captain Falcon did.
I agree, I think stand alone veteran announcements are dead now until the Japanese game releases, then Sakurai will start announcing the secret ones left and right. Ganondorf would most likely appear in a trailer, still betting on a Villains Trailer.

I didn't realize Gamescon was next week. We COULD get an announcement then, I suppose. Or better yet, they'll announce Ridley before hand then allow players to play as him on an updated 3DS demo at Gamescon. :D (Well, if Nintendo will be at Gamescon, anyway.)

Last edited:

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
I didn't realize Gamescon was next week. We COULD get an announcement then, I suppose. Or better yet, they'll announce Ridley before hand then allow players to play as him on an updated 3DS demo at Gamescon. :D (Well, if Nintendo will be at Gamescon, anyway.)
Hmmmm, thats VERY optimistic. So close to launch the dev team cannot waste resources on a new demo. Even after the game goes gold I hope they will still be working on a day one patch.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Is Gamescon a big thing? I don't really follow a lot of these events so I'm in the dark with these things.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Just wait my fans i think ridley is going to be newcomer 12/13 (saying 13 just in case its like the lucina and robin trailer, 2 newcomer trailer for short.)

Samuel Intrater

Smash Apprentice
I think the Metroid anniversary is the only one big enough to deserve a Ridley confirmation (no pun intended). So if he's playable, it's either that or he'll just be revealed on any random day.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Sakurai did say it was an exception due to it being the year of Luigi at the time
But wasn't RIDLEY the exc- *shot*

I think the Metroid anniversary is the only one big enough to deserve a Ridley confirmation (no pun intended). So if he's playable, it's either that or he'll just be revealed on any random day.
Hopefully, yes. C'mon, announce the direct already, I can barely wait.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Sakurai, please show something we can talk about tomorrow. We're running out of conversation material and the IsmaR is out there hunting for us....

Marth never gets revealed either, but there he is. With that said, I do doubt Ganondorf's reveal pre-release, but I mostly base that off of a gut feeling.
Eh, I don't really feel it for him either, unless he returns in his pig form. As for Ridley, not yet. Probably somewhere in the middle of the month.

I keep having to make these quick Ridley edits.

Last edited:

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
Is Gamescon a big thing? I don't really follow a lot of these events so I'm in the dark with these things.
I'm not sure how big it is. But since Ed Boon is gonna reveal another MKX character at the event, I think it's safe to say that it's big enough.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I'm not sure how big it is. But since Ed Boon is gonna reveal another MKX character at the event, I think it's safe to say that it's big enough.
Welp, let's just hope for the best then. Though I doubt Ridley will be revealed at an event, he really seems more like a character worthy of a Direct.

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry but are people actually expecting Ridley in the hyrule warriors direct? :glare:
No. But we wouldn't be surprised about a Zelda new comer or the more likely Zelda Veteran reveal. We are expecting an announcement for an upcoming smash direct due to similar past circumstances... so we await for news on a Smash Direct possibly on the 6th revealing Ridley or another character.

Last edited:

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
I am going to make a prediction. Before release we are going to get Ridley and a Zelda newcomer before release. My explanation are in this video.
I could be wrong, but this is just all in good fun.

Guys come on, It's a direct for Hyrule Warriors. There is no logical reason to believe a Smash reveal will happen when the direct is all about Hyrule Warriors. If they do reveal something it'll shock me since it's would be unwise for Nintendo to divert attention away from this game to a arguably more popular one that really doesn't need the attention.

Don't get your hopes up because their's a high chance they will be smashed....no pun intended.

Trust me guys, I wish with all my heart that a newcomer Zelda character would be announced, but I just can't see it happening on a direct focused on a completely different game.

I would so love to be wrong though!

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Guys, I have now a reason to believe that the trophy theory is actually VERY solid (even more than the shadow analysis because of how it has 2 hard evidences and one of them is so specific that it's solid and it's Robin).

Considering this, I want to know something...

What does King kihunter has to do with ONLY him?

I know it's a Ridley these because his theme is played and that's very specific. But the trophy?

I need this for roster prediction as I take any tease theory with a solid foundation VERY seriously.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Guys, I have now a reason to believe that the trophy theory is actually VERY solid (even more than the shadow analysis because of how it has 2 hard evidences and one of them is so specific that it's solid and it's Robin).

What does Kinghunter has to do with ONLY him?

I know it's a Ridley these because his theme is played and that's very specific. But the trophy?

I need this for roster prediction as I take any tease theory with a sloid foundation VERY seriously.
Birdley eats Kihunter

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord

What does Kinghunter has to do with ONLY him?

I need this for roster prediction as I take any tease theory with a sloid foundation VERY seriously.
It's not that solid. I say it's like play-doh right now.

Top Bottom