• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It wasn't me, because I don't go on MiiVerse, but I predicted PacMan.

I also predicted Mario, Luigi, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, Captain Falcon, Fox, Yoshi, Kirby, Link, and Samus. PacMan just seemed like a shoo-in for me. He seemed like he was required, especially after MegaMan using his retro form and not one of his more recent (X or box art) forms. I didn't see Toon Link coming, though. I was expecting some other form of Link (not exactly sure what) or to have Toon and Young as alternate costumes. I did miss a lot of characters, though.
To be fair, Megaman X isn't the same dude as the original Mega Man.

the only other picture i found was this
That doesn't look too bad. For a mod anyway. But it does remind me that Meta Ridley is best design.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I forgot to mention Miis, did I? As much as I denied it, I knew that Palutena would be playable, since Sakurai gives extra-praise to his own characters. I denied the Villager for the same Reason Sakurai did at first; we both thought "he was too innocenct."......... Too innocent.... Too innocent.

Someone gimmie a Villager meme gif. just for that.
BuzzFeed has you covered

...Ghirahim reveal...
Never

Damn, Remember that Charizard pic with the gigantic wings we got last month? It was on PYROSPHERE...I swear, Sakurai is driving us all insane and he knows it
EDIT: Apparantly, Little Mac confirmed for stage hazard on Pyrosphere, it was the boxing ring
Charizard has a Wingspan of 7.8 feet. Thats almost a Roidley body.

D

Deleted member

Concept Omega Ridley or die:

It's sooooooooooooooooo badass looking.

My favorite design of him, by far.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Does general consensus lean more towards the idea of us getting [playable and boss Ridley] or [just playable Ridley]?

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Does general consensus lean more towards the idea of us getting [playable and boss Ridley] or [just playable Ridley]?
Playable. To most of us, it feels unjustified for Ridley to forever stick to the boss role. We wanna be in his...claws...or whatever.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Seriously though, something that combines this:

And this:

Would be awesome. In any case, I'd prefer if Ridley has a new design combining several of his forms.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Playable only. Though I'm secretly hoping for both Ridley and Roidley to make it in as playable characters.
Perhaps as alternate costumes? (Like Wario in Brawl if you aren't familiar with the concept).

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Playable. To most of us, it feels unjustified for Ridley to forever stick to the boss role. We wanna be in his...claws...or whatever.
That just brought up the mental imagery of some guy lying in Ridley's claws while saying romantic nothings.

Perhaps as alternate costumes? (Like Wario in Brawl if you aren't familiar with the concept).
Too many differences in physique, probably not going to work.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Concept Omega Ridley or die:

It's sooooooooooooooooo badass looking.

My favorite design of him, by far.
I wish he looked like that in game. His face was much different in the final product. This would be like the perfect Ridley for anyone who only wanted quick Charizard clone. Short tail and a thick neck in seemingly one piece. But the little wings of Zero Mission, Super Metroid and Fusion will always be my go to Ridley.

I'm now back on the wagon, at least partially thinking that Ridley still does have a very real shot of being playable. To think it will soon be a year since that Pyrosphere picture launched.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
A Brawley/Super Metridley/Roidley Design Combination would be pretty awesome if put in the right hands for a Smash Design.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I'm totally backing this guy as our retro rep now that Prince Sable and Takamaru are out of the running:

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Thanks guys just curious. I think we'd get just playable too but I still see people hung up on "he was a boss in the direct" so I had to come back here to clarify with who I would consider the experts on the situation. Haha

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I'm totally backing this guy as our retro rep now that Prince Sable and Takamaru are out of the running:

Retroley deconfirmed next monday.

Thanks guys just curious. I think we'd get just playable too but I still see people hung up on "he was a boss in the direct" so I had to come back here to clarify with who I would consider the experts on the situation. Haha
The guys with an opinion that you can agree with of course!
In all seriousness, if you want to know if he is playable just go to the second post of this thread and draw your own conclusions.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

In all seriousness, if you want to know if he is playable just go to the second post of this thread and draw your own conclusions.
I would honestly play the hell out of a re imagined NES Ridley based off of that sprite.

Maybe that's just me.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace

Oh I know (think) he's playable. I was just seeing who thought he'd also be a boss. Which I don't.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
The Prime Ridley's are easily my favorites. I always found it weird though how different Meta Ridley looked in Prime 1 compared to Prime 3.

Top Bottom