• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Back to Ridley, how do you think the toobigots will react when Ridley does get confirmed?
I imagine it to go down something like this:

We are green. Detractors are red. Context is blue.

Smash ball cross plays and the trailer starts on the Pyrosphere.

Wow, what's this?

It's Ridley being deconfirmed.

No it isn't.

Yes it is.
No it's not.
How are you so sure?

I've always been so sure.

Ridley appears on screen.

Look, here's the boss announcement.

Ridley's entrance card flashes on screen.

RIDLEY! OH MY GOD! RIDLEY CONFIRMED!

*Disgusted glare*

*Excited murmuring about Ridley*

SmashBoards crashes and detractors come here to pretend that they believed all along.

A gif wouldn't have cut it this time. The video was required.

Last edited:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Anyways, if Ridley is confirmed, then the detractors would fade into oblivion like the Mega Man and Little Mac haters, as Wariofan1 said earlier.
True story: I used to be a Little Mac hater, and now I wanna main him for his unique, polarizing fighting style.

I've been wrong about every newcomer, and doubted each before they were confirmed. "Mega Man isn't good or relevant anymore." "All Little Mac can do is punch (not too far off on that)." "Rosalina would be a Peach clone." "What would Pac-Man do? Eat stuff?"

It was at that point that I realized I was being too doubtful about characters. I feel like I've grown up since then, and I'm certainly not gonna doubt Ridley's chances after so many of my previous mistakes.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
True story: I used to be a Little Mac hater, and now I wanna main him for his unique, polarizing fighting style.

I've been wrong about every newcomer, and doubted each before they were confirmed. "Mega Man isn't good or relevant anymore." "All Little Mac can do is punch (not too far off on that)." "Rosalina would be a Peach clone." "What would Pac-Man do? Eat stuff?"

It was at that point that I realized I was being too doubtful about characters. I feel like I've grown up since then, and I'm certainly not gonna doubt Ridley's chances after so many of my previous mistakes.
What about the other newcomers?

Jeanne

Smash Apprentice
[heavy breathing to the max]

Okay now both of those are just really stupid. One is something fans made up [I don't like it either] and the other is the Bandana Dee equal of the too big argument. [the most common argument that has been shot down a thousand times but nobody cares.]

AAAANY WAYS before getting too offtopic I wish I had the ability to see the future in 2 different universes. One where Ridley is deconfirmed, one confirmed. Then I could see the reactions of the haters in both.
What you can do is kidnap 2 Ridley detractors and 2 Ridley supporters and lock them in seperate rooms with a computer opened up to 2 fake smash bros. website pages. One will be with ridley confirmed as a stage boss and one will show him with a confirmation as a playable character. Have a detractor and a supporter on each site and observe their results after they recover from the initial shock of being kidnapped and locked in a room.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

Now watch Ridley get deconfirmed as you sit there, completely confounded and unsure on what to believe.
And then you start drinking.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
That's what I like to believe. I found a really mean detractor in Miiverse, and he says he predicted both Toon Link and Pac-Man. There's no way you could be wrong.
It wasn't me, because I don't go on MiiVerse, but I predicted PacMan.

I also predicted Mario, Luigi, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, Captain Falcon, Fox, Yoshi, Kirby, Link, and Samus. PacMan just seemed like a shoo-in for me. He seemed like he was required, especially after MegaMan using his retro form and not one of his more recent (X or box art) forms. I didn't see Toon Link coming, though. I was expecting some other form of Link (not exactly sure what) or to have Toon and Young as alternate costumes. I did miss a lot of characters, though.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
The fact that sakurai cleared up the role of erm... smaller fan-based characters persay, and not the role of the "boss" on Pyrosphere + Sakurai doesn't like to cause fights, knowing right now that people debate on Ridley every second = He's even more confirmed in my books. I wanna see someone make art of how his wings could look folded back, but still within the range on "that looks good". Maybe *cough* AndreaAC would volunteer as tribute for the Cunning God himself...

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
Guys my dad works at Nintendoh n he let mi en de oth3r d@y and i quickly took a picture of ridley in smish brawthers

I'll stop now, sorry

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
So, I've seen it go back and forth, but what's the majority opinion on hovering Ridley vs. Ridley on all fours? I'm not a big fan of the Other M Design, but I think it works for smash in that a big, crawling Ridley would have a small enough hit box when not attacking to make sense. It would also make him slow on the ground, which would also help with balance.

Anyone think that Bowser getting lest bestial opens up the door for a more monster like character?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Guys my dad works at Nintendoh n he let mi en de oth3r d@y and i quickly took a picture of ridley in smish brawthers

I'll stop now, sorry
That.That doesn't look too bad... Leave it to detractors to ignore stuff like this! And I found out something about Ridley, He might have the ability to camouflage himself with his pigment cells. Because if you look at the Ridley fights, he sometimes fits the area's colour scheme, ESPECIALLY in Prime 3

Last edited:

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
if we got on gamescome a general dierect then i hope for this:
a new 2d and 3d/prime metroid.
to this ridley reveal
legends of zelda U
Ghirahim reveal
and pokemon OR AS
and one last poke rep OR maybe two we never know

finish

this would be great and it would be plausible because they work on new metroids 2d and 3d and they can come up with it as a hint or something. to the end can logical be the villain trailer

we could get in this
mewtwo
wario
ghirahim
ganondorf
ridley
K K. rool

i would hug my pc if this happens
well sad that i do not posses any tickets for the gamescome even if it is just 1 h away from me

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
What about the other newcomers?
I forgot to mention Miis, did I? As much as I denied it, I knew that Palutena would be playable, since Sakurai gives extra-praise to his own characters. I denied the Villager for the same Reason Sakurai did at first; we both thought "he was too innocenct."......... Too innocent.... Too innocent.

Someone gimmie a Villager meme gif. just for that.

Also, I think no one predicted Wii Fit Trainer and Greninja, as it took everyone by surprise. My doubtfulness ended with Pac-Man, but I still thought Chrom would get in over Lucina and Robin just because he was the most requested.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

I'll stop now, sorry
That looks kinda nice, actually. Though I want Ridley, not Meta Ridley to be in Smash.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Also, I think no one predicted Wii Fit Trainer and Greninja, as it took everyone by surprise. My doubtfulness ended with Pac-Man, but I still thought Chrom would get in over Lucina and Robin just because he was the most requested.
I predicted Greninja.
Because he's a Ninja. :U

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
So, I've seen it go back and forth, but what's the majority opinion on hovering Ridley vs. Ridley on all fours? I'm not a big fan of the Other M Design, but I think it works for smash in that a big, crawling Ridley would have a small enough hit box when not attacking to make sense. It would also make him slow on the ground, which would also help with balance.

Anyone think that Bowser getting lest bestial opens up the door for a more monster like character?
I guess so. I like how they stopped portraying Bowser as a hulking beast, because he isn't portrayed as that in any of the games.
Well, fine, he isn't often seen drop-kicking people either, but his current style just fits him better.
Ridley, on the other hand, has always fought like a beast, so it immediately clicks.

I'm only sixteen. -_-'
The splounge water. Not alcoholic beverages. Silly you!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I forgot to mention Miis, did I? As much as I denied it, I knew that Palutena would be playable, since Sakurai gives extra-praise to his own characters. I denied the Villager for the same Reason Sakurai did at first; we both thought "he was too innocenct."......... Too innocent.... Too innocent.

Someone gimmie a Villager meme gif. just for that.

*removed image*

I realised something: Ridley has 4 concept arts that ended up not being used, original design that is a Xenomorph, Dark Meta Ridley, Ridley-2/Z and Concept Artly...Wonder what other characters have this treatment...
EDIT: Christ, Ridley has 3/4 other unused designs in Prime 3 alone!

Last edited by a moderator:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
if we got on gamescome a general dierect then i hope for this:
a new 2d and 3d/prime metroid.
to this ridley reveal
legends of zelda U
Ghirahim reveal
and pokemon OR AS
and one last poke rep OR maybe two we never know

finish

this would be great and it would be plausible because they work on new metroids 2d and 3d and they can come up with it as a hint or something. to the end can logical be the villain trailer

we could get in this
mewtwo
wario
ghirahim
ganondorf
ridley
K K. rool

i would hug my pc if this happens
well sad that i do not posses any tickets for the gamescome even if it is just 1 h away from me
Dont forget wolf in the villian trailer.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Damn, Remember that Charizard pic with the gigantic wings we got last month? It was on PYROSPHERE...I swear, Sakurai is driving us all insane and he knows it
EDIT: Apparantly, Little Mac confirmed for stage hazard on Pyrosphere, it was the boxing ring

Last edited:
Top Bottom