• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That sounds really dumb. I don't think Ridley will be a boss but I could never see Ridley as playable with K. Rool not being playable. Also, why would Dark Pit be a boss and not an alt for Pit?
Dark Pit was also left ambiguous or however you spell that, and appeared in Palutena's trailer which takes place on her temple, and has been leaked to have a stage boss, but I think version exclusive bosses are a thing

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Not that I believe it, but there is a recent leak that favors Ridley...

Basically says we're getting a direct in august that shows off all starting characters (wario Ice climbers ness and falco confirmed specifically) along with chorus men... Then we get a run down of the 3ds version with revamped classic mode (path choice and wagering just like KI Uprising) and a teasing of Wii U features. Apparently at one point there is a boss mode explanation where petey pirhana dark pit and king k Rool are explained just like how the yellow devil was in the April direct...the leaker notes that "Ridley is strangely absent from this section"
Yeah...fake. People should just give up on Gematsu at this point, it was debunked last month and there's no point trying to dig it out of its grave.

Also, K. Rool as a boss hazard is something that I really doubt will happen.

We don't need to be like the Gematsu character fans in order to be confident in Ridley's chances.

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman
"Pic of the day: A ferocious little creature takes his first bite out of the dis confirmed Prince Sable. He is Gathering his strength for Big things to come.."

That little furbie has never looked so terrifying ever. I still refuse to believe that's what a baby Ridley looks like...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
"Pic of the day: A ferocious little creature takes his first bite out of the dis confirmed Prince Sable. He is Gathering his strength for Big things to come.."

We must hide it from BluePikmin11 you fool! Also, this guy was pretty popular from what I heard

Yeah...fake. People should just give up on Gematsu at this point, it was debunked last month and there's no point trying to dig it out of its grave.

Also, K. Rool as a boss hazard is something that I really doubt will happen.

We don't need to be like the Gematsu character fans in order to be confident in Ridley's chances.
It debunked itself before by saying there was an internal debate about the Earthbound duo and saying they are planning DLC

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
"I always knew he would be playable". :rolleyes:
ok, specifically the people who think that Ridley never had a chance and called everyone who thought he had any possible chance a Ridleycigarette, not just people like Roger, because Roger DOES want him in

If he gets confirmed? They'll probably throw a fit and then fade away with the wind, just like the Mega Man haters.
Mega Man had haters? the hell is wrong with them?

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
ok, specifically the people who think that Ridley never had a chance and called everyone who thought he had any possible chance a Ridleycigarette, not just people like Roger, because Roger DOES want him in

Mega Man had haters? the hell is wrong with them?
No, that is exactly what they will say. They will pretend they weren't detractors and they always knew Ridley was going to be playable.

People don't like to admit they were wrong :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

LEAVE DILLON ALONE! JUST LEAVE HIM ALONE!

What worries me more is what happens if he is disconfirmed...
You have doubts...Get yourself a healthy dose of 2nd post to get rid of the water in your body!
No, that is exactly what they will say. They will pretend they weren't detractors and they always knew Ridley was going to be playable.

I was a Pac-man hater but after his reveal, all I said is this:The fans are happy, and I get a new punching bag, so they need to realise the crap they are doing

Reila

I was a Pac-man hater but after his reveal, all I said is this:The fans are happy, and I get a new punching bag, so they need to realise the crap they are doing
Haha

This will be me if Bandana Dee is playable. Since we beat Waddle Dees in Kirby, it is only natural that I would use Waddle Dee as a punching bag in Smash.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

I'm imagining that every deconfirmed character gets thrown into a pit with Little Birdie in it, for nourishment. Poor, poor Prince.

Reila

WHY HATE THE DEE!? Ah well, at least everyone has opinions that they don't force down everyone's throat, unlike detractors on miiverse....Glad I got banned actually
This "the Dee" thing is one of the reasons I loathe the character. Besides the fact it is just a random enemy from Kirby games with a bandana.

Alas, this is the Ridley thread, not Bandana Dee's, we better stop with the off-topic talk. :)

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
...people mentioning that "water" again, i recall someone posting a picture of a glass of water that looked like someone defecated in it.

so, is that what the "splooge water" looks like? i dont think a dying person in the desert would go near something like that.

anyway... some people brought up the idea of ridley being a hybrid, possibly, to bring out the best of his character from the series.

i dunno, the other M ridley is kinda growing on me as i look at him more... i like ridley's original form too, but... what is with his neck?

its so... thin and looks like it only houses his neck bone and couldnt possibly handle him swallowing anything.

well, maybe someone who is good at drawing could give us an idea of a good "hybrid" form of ridley that could bring out the best of his character?

also, regarding the direct today... i read it occurs at 11pm eastern time?

...12 more hours for me, then.

i doubt it will involve anything smash-related... but i can hope.

Last edited:

Jeanne

Smash Apprentice
WHY HATE THE DEE!? Ah well, at least everyone has opinions that they don't force down everyone's throat, unlike detractors on miiverse....Glad I got banned actually
hehehehh... nobody can really hate the D my friend..

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
If he gets confirmed? They'll probably throw a fit and then fade away with the wind, just like the Mega Man haters.
They would shake in place while explosions appear around them, after which they explode violently, to denote their defeat.

LEAVE DILLON ALONE! JUST LEAVE HIM ALONE!

What worries me more is what happens if he is disconfirmed...
Well, let's consider this. Ridley has both a gigantic fanbase and a gigantic hatebase. Either way, it's going to get very very noisy after the reveal.

How would Nin10doUltra react to ridley's reveal?
He'd roll up and cry salty tears while whispering to his figurines of the hunters Unpleasantly surprised.

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
Hands off Dillon and Starfy you vile fiend!

Back to Ridley, how do you think the toobigots will react when Ridley does get confirmed?
"HOW DARE YOU SAMURAI. YOU ARE A HACK, AND CANNOT DEVELP VIDEO GAMEZ! YOU BUT STUPID CHARACTER LIKE RIDLEY OVER SHADOW THE HEGHHOG AND GOKU!!!!"

D

Deleted member

...people mentioning that "water" again, i recall someone posting a picture of a glass of water that looked like someone defecated in it.

so, is that what the "splooge water" looks like? i dont think a dying person in the desert would go near something like that.

anyway... some people brought up the idea of ridley being a hybrid, possibly, to bring out the best of his character from the series.

i dunno, the other M ridley is kinda growing on me as i look at him more... i like ridley's original form too, but... what is with his neck?

its so... thin and looks like it only houses his neck bone and couldnt possibly handle him swallowing anything.

well, maybe someone who is good at drawing could give us an idea of a good "hybrid" form of ridley that could bring out the best of his character?

also, just a little mention of the direct today... i read it occurs at 11pm eastern time?

...12 more hours for me, then.

i doubt it will involve anything smash-related... but i can hope.
This is what it looks like imo:

And it may or may not turn different colors depending on what the Dangerous Chemical of the Day is that @Dalek_Kolt adds to the Water Vat, considering that I think he's the one that maintains the Splounge Water.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
...why are we talking about Bandanna Dee again?

Is this because of Chandelure's avatar having Ridley killed in it?

Anyways, if Ridley is confirmed, then the detractors would fade into oblivion like the Mega Man and Little Mac haters, as Wariofan1 said earlier.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Haha

This will be me if Bandana Dee is playable. Since we beat Waddle Dees in Kirby, it is only natural that I would use Waddle Dee as a punching bag in Smash.
[heavy breathing to the max]
This "the Dee" thing is one of the reasons I loathe the character. Besides the fact it is just a random enemy from Kirby games with a bandana.

Alas, this is the Ridley thread, not Bandana Dee's, we better stop with the off-topic talk. :)
Okay now both of those are just really stupid. One is something fans made up [I don't like it either] and the other is the Bandana Dee equal of the too big argument. [the most common argument that has been shot down a thousand times but nobody cares.]

AAAANY WAYS before getting too offtopic I wish I had the ability to see the future in 2 different universes. One where Ridley is deconfirmed, one confirmed. Then I could see the reactions of the haters in both.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Hmm, yet another case of Sakurai going out of his way to clear up confusion regarding a character's status (aka he tweeted that Sable is an AT soon after the PotD).

Ridley's true fate is looking more obvious by the day.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
How do you think the toobigots will react when Ridley does get confirmed?
Here's my honest opinion: The detractors will be shocked, and they will be humiliated by everyone else for being wrong... however, they will go through the five stages of grief, and will learn upon acceptance that Ridley does, in fact, deserve to be in Smash, and learn that Smash is free to anyone, no matter how big or small.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Hmm, yet another case of Sakurai going out of his way to clear up confusion regarding a character's status (aka he tweeted that Sable is an AT soon after the PotD).

Ridley's true fate is looking more obvious by the day.
And that is?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Christ I never noticed the Dee jokes and BDee is my #1 character how did i screw up this badly? And people STILL cry about Lucina as Waluigi stated...

My 2 cents on how splounge water looks like
I still cry about Lucina. Tears of Joy.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044

That's what I like to believe. I found a really mean detractor in Miiverse, and he says he predicted both Toon Link and Pac-Man. There's no way you could be wrong.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Ridley looks like a Rhamphorhynchus.
Ah yes, the Rhamphorhynchus.
A terrible and ferocious predator that once roamed the skies of the earth. It hunted by skewering prey with its long bladed tail, while fending off other predators with its plasma breath. They were surprisingly intelligent and were often seen commanding large fleets of space pirate ships.

That's what I like to believe. I found a really mean detractor in Miiverse, and he says he predicted both Toon Link and Pac-Man. There's no way you could be wrong.
Wait. Is he really implying Ridley isn't in because he predicted two characters? Because he made two lucky guesses?

Last edited:
Top Bottom