• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Weavel

Smash Ace
Can't someone just ask Sakurai if Ridley is a boss? Or does he refuse any sort of question on who is in the roaster?

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Another character down

I don't understand how this one helps Ridleys its not really a super requested character

But i supose prince sable deconfirmed helps isaac.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Another character down

I don't understand how this one helps Ridleys its not really a super requested character

But i supose prince sable deconfirmed helps isaac.
It helps Ridley because the Pic of the Day was ambiguous. It didn't include the "FYI, he's an Assist Trophy" that all the others did.

And yet Sakurai then went immediately to tweet the "oh, he's just an AT, sorry" when people started to get hyped.

It's evidence that Sakurai isn't letting people get hyped for characters who aren't going to be in. He isn't trolling people about characters.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
It helps Ridley because the Pic of the Day was ambiguous. It didn't include the "FYI, he's an Assist Trophy" that all the others did.

And yet Sakurai then went immediately to tweet the "oh, he's just an AT, sorry" when people started to get hyped.

It's evidence that Sakurai isn't letting people get hyped for characters who aren't going to be in. He isn't trolling people about characters.
sakurai tweeted that the prince was an assist? can i see the tweet pls :3

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Anyone have that .gif of SSBB Pit doing that glide upwards (Vs Ridley)? I think that and Peach's hover should both be included in the OP for the thread (if they aren't already).

It might help with the argument points listed in the second post, linking it with the footage of Ridley hovering during that SSB Direct.

Can't someone just ask Sakurai if Ridley is a boss? Or does he refuse any sort of question on who is in the roaster?
Well apparently at the E3 '14 SSB conference, Sakurai banned questions on potential newcomer and returning veterans. People would have likely asked about Ridley there if he hadn't. Kind of weird really...

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
He'd probably just say. "That's for me to know, and you to find out. (laughs)"
I have no idea who you are talking about (laughs). Although I haven't shown his true colors, I'll officialy reveal it at any second
Anyone have that .gif of SSBB Pit doing that glide upwards (Vs Ridley)? I think that and Peach's hover should both be included in the OP for the thread (if they aren't already).

It might help with the argument points listed in the second post, linking it with the footage of Ridley hovering during that SSB Direct.
Tried it, people think gliding is cut from everyone
sakurai tweeted that the prince was an assist? can i see the tweet pls :3
https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/496193366787239937
someone in the comments talks about it in english

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Oh another direct deconfirm.

Yea thats more proof of him deconfirming characters directly not indirectly.

I just hope this wednesday or atleast this month ridleys fate gets revealed. (I want playable which looks like that every minute.)

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Hmm? It's early morning here and as usual I'm lost.
We're mourning another disconfirmation. Even if it is good news for Ridley, it's another character not playable. The Prince of the Sablé kingdom is an Assist Trophy, not a playable character.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Ah, I was mainly wondering why I came here for peace and the whole damn thread is on fire.
Because Sakurai made an extra tweet when his original disconfirmation was ambiguous, which is more evidence that he should have said something about Ridley in the massive time (how long was it) since the boss tease.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
We feast upon the unfortunate deconfirmed souls, and feed them to our lord & savior, Ridley...

I gotta question my religion at that point. :ohwell:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
We feast upon the unfortunate deconfirmed souls, and feed them to our lord & savior, Ridley...

Normally I'd post a Kill la Kill link of Don't lose your way, but that's too offtopic.
Ridley shan't feast on them, as they were old class mates of his, the toobigots however, is a different story

Weavel

Smash Ace

Well apparently at the E3 '14 SSB conference, Sakurai banned questions on potential newcomer and returning veterans. People would have likely asked about Ridley there if he hadn't. Kind of weird really...
If Ridley isn't playable he wouldn't be consider a new comer or anything, just ask him if Ridley is a boss like that yellow devil.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Because Sakurai made an extra tweet when his original disconfirmation was ambiguous, which is more evidence that he should have said something about Ridley in the massive time (how long was it) since the boss tease.
Alright thanks, I'm not one of those people who reads the PotD every day. I should probably start doing that.

I've prepared us some souls to feast on.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
If Ridley isn't playable he wouldn't be consider a new comer or anything, just ask him if Ridley is a boss like that yellow devil.
Character questions were banned, the better question should be something like 'When do we get more information on Pyrosphere' or something in those lines
Alright thanks, I'm not one of those people who reads the PotD every day. I should probably start doing that.

Mega Sableye destroyed E3 for me, as it was my favorite pokemon other than Greninja

Last edited:

Weavel

Smash Ace
Character questions were banned, the better question should be something like 'When do we get more information on Pyrosphere' or something in those lines

Mega Sableye destroyed E3 for me, as it was my favorite pokemon other than Greninja
You don't like mega evolutions?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
That question is still really easy to answer ambiguously though.

Yeah, it's definitely worth it. There's some nifty info in those. I didn't start until the Robin reveal. As with Brawl, I was trying to contain my hype until release was close. As with Brawl, I got majorly hyped months too early.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
You don't like mega evolutions?
with detroyed, I mean that Nintendo already won E3, Sableye made it that much better that E3 turned into dust as smash was the only thing that could compete with my hype levels....Ridley and Sableye hanging out, someone make it happen, and no Soulless, this isn't a shipping attempt don't you dare take credit for the Raydley ship ever again! Wait...Andrea can read this...Sh@t

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
with detroyed, I mean that Nintendo already won E3, Sableye made it that much better that E3 turned into dust as smash was the only thing that could compete with my hype levels
Nintendo actually failed their E3 victory conditions. All they had to do was show us something about Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem. But they failed.

So, when should we expect confirmation? When would be a good time to put in a standalone video if there's no Direct coming?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Nintendo actually failed their E3 victory conditions. All they had to do was show us something about Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem. But they failed.

So, when should we expect confirmation? When would be a good time to put in a standalone video if there's no Direct coming?
If Sakurai's anniversary stuff keeps going on, it HAS to be this month if it is before release, unless Other M being released in September for Japan is valid, and I don't want a penis monster in Fire Emblem thank you very much(I jest, that crossover is still in the works and sounds epic)

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325

Around the 20th of August or early September.

Last edited:

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Has anyone compiled a list of all de-confirmed characters? As in characters people thought had a chance but were shown as a assist trophies or just a trophy, just some figures to show people who say the whole Salurai wouldn't just come out and confirm Ridley as a stage boss if he is one.

...Also need a new alt costume for Ridley? Why not Zoidberg?

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Has anyone compiled a list of all de-confirmed characters? As in characters people thought had a chance but were shown as a assist trophies or just a trophy, just some figures to show people who say the whole Salurai wouldn't just come out and confirm Ridley as a stage boss if he is one.

...Also need a new alt costume for Ridley? Why not Zoirdberg?

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...ad-playing-sudoku-is-a-big-commitment.343290/

Prince Sablé has not been added to the OP yet, though.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Has anyone compiled a list of all de-confirmed characters? As in characters people thought had a chance but were shown as a assist trophies or just a trophy, just some figures to show people who say the whole Salurai wouldn't just come out and confirm Ridley as a stage boss if he is on
Off the top of my head:

Waluigi - WarioWare
Ashley - WarioWare
Toad - Mario
Rayman - Rayman
Dark Samus - Metroid
Chrom - Fire Emblem
Takamaru - Mysterious Castle
Prince Sable (?) - Sable Kingdom
Dillon - Rolling Western

There's probably more, but those are just off the top of my head.

EDIT: Damn :4greninja:

Last edited:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
-u- Thank you for asking.....sorry if I made you guys worry too much......it, happens....suddenly.

but the fact that I could draw some silly Roidley and Ridley stuff, and my favorite gods together (Ridley, Rayquaza, Quetzalcoatl and Anubis.) is a proof that I'm feeling better....because otherwise, I would not be able to do nothing of it...
Well that's good to hear glad ur okay :nervous:

If Ridley was a Pokemon would he be Dragon/Dark type or Dragon/Poison?

Last edited:

sbdipp

Smash Rookie
Not that I believe it, but there is a recent leak that favors Ridley...

Basically says we're getting a direct in august that shows off all starting characters (wario Ice climbers ness and falco confirmed specifically) along with chorus men... Then we get a run down of the 3ds version with revamped classic mode (path choice and wagering just like KI Uprising) and a teasing of Wii U features. Apparently at one point there is a boss mode explanation where petey pirhana dark pit and king k Rool are explained just like how the yellow devil was in the April direct...the leaker notes that "Ridley is strangely absent from this section"

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

Basically says we're getting a direct in august that shows off all starting characters (wario Ice climbers ness and falco confirmed specifically) along with chorus men... Then we get a run down of the 3ds version with revamped classic mode (path choice and wagering just like KI Uprising) and a teasing of Wii U features. Apparently at one point there is a boss mode explanation where petey pirhana dark pit and king k Rool are explained just like how the yellow devil was in the April direct...the leaker notes that "Ridley is strangely absent from this section"
Yeah, it's a leak-quality leak. Not really all that believable.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Here is the thing, saying Ridley is absent in a boss mode for the 3ds makes sense if Ridely was indeed a stage hazard, and seeing as how K.Rool is on there, I hope for many people here it's fake.

On a slightly offtopic note, could someone tell me where I go for the leak threads?EDIT: nevermind, found them by luck

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
How about we come up with Ridley fused with other things as he is a pokemon because why the hell not? I say a beetle version, we could call him Beetley! Oh wait
This reminds me, we have no Kirby hat yet. Need to fix that.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord

That sounds really dumb. I don't think Ridley will be a boss but I could never see Ridley as playable with K. Rool not being playable. Also, why would Dark Pit be a boss and not an alt for Pit?

Top Bottom