• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well at this point sad to say im 90% sure we are not getting ridley on the 6th, but there are still plenty of metroid anniversary's on august, and also that its only 1 month before japqn release, so ridley is still the most likely character for a general/smash direct reveal.

I just really hope ridley's fate finally gets reveal then i can finally take a smash boards break.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
Guys, I have now a reason to believe that the trophy theory is actually VERY solid (even more than the shadow analysis because of how it has 2 hard evidences and one of them is so specific that it's solid and it's Robin).

Considering this, I want to know something...

What does King kihunter has to do with ONLY him?

I know it's a Ridley these because his theme is played and that's very specific. But the trophy?

I need this for roster prediction as I take any tease theory with a solid foundation VERY seriously.
Somebody probably already said this, but when Roidley was still Little Birdie he ate Ki hunters to gain sustenance and grow. Plus the theme that plays is Ridley's and has nothing to do with King Kihunter

EDIT---------
I dun been:4greninja:'D

Birdley eats Kihunter

Last edited:
Guys, I have now a reason to believe that the trophy theory is actually VERY solid (even more than the shadow analysis because of how it has 2 hard evidences and one of them is so specific that it's solid and it's Robin).

Considering this, I want to know something...

What does Kinghunter has to do with ONLY him?

I know it's a Ridley these because his theme is played and that's very specific. But the trophy?

I need this for roster prediction as I take any tease theory with a sloid foundation VERY seriously.
I am a strong believer in the trophy theory too.

I mean come on, Robin's theme played during the Fire Emblem trophy. We got Robin

Palutena's theme played when they showed the Pseudo Palutena trophy. We got Palutena.

Birdie (Ridley) eats the Kihunters and Vs Ridley was playing.

SPOILERS FOR SKYWARD SWORD:

Fi is the opposite of Ghirahim in that they are both sword spirits. So Fi's trophy could represent Ghirahim.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Somebody probably already said this, but when Roidley was still Little Birdie he ate Ki hunters to gain sustenance and grow. Plus the theme that plays is Ridley's and has nothing to do with King Kihunter
Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear.

I would rely on this as the best evidence now. Even if I totally ignore the direct, this would put him on [very likely] anyway.

With direct, I will exceptionally rate his chance by a percentage:

99E-99 %

Not sure if I did it right, but it's in scientific notation that basically means 99, [99 zeros].

Not even doubting now. He can't go higher.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
Well at this point sad to say im 90% sure we are not getting ridley on the 6th, but there are still plenty of metroid anniversary's on august, and also that its only 1 month before japqn release, so ridley is still the most likely character for a general/smash direct reveal.

I just really hope ridley's fate finally gets reveal then i can finally take a smash boards break.
explain y u no think he'll be revealed on the 6th....explaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiin

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I am a strong believer in the trophy theory too.

I mean come on, Robin's theme played during the Fire Emblem trophy. We got Robin

Palutena's theme played when they showed the Pseudo Palutena trophy. We got Palutena.

Birdie (Ridley) eats the Kihunters and Vs Ridley was playing.

SPOILERS FOR SKYWARD SWORD:

Fi is the opposite of Ghirahim in that they are both sword spirits. So Fi's trophy could represent Ghirahim.
...........but it didn't play Ghirahim's theme during Fi's trophy........

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Somebody probably already said this, but when Roidley was still Little Birdie he ate Ki hunters to gain sustenance and grow. Plus the theme that plays is Ridley's and has nothing to do with King Kihunter.
Even more to it he's also the one who lures Samus to it so he can get his food, the King KiHunter wouldn't have been a boss if it wasn't because Ridley thought it was dinner time.

Apparently, the theme that played was mixed with another theme which was relevant to Ghirahim somehow.
All I know about it is that Fi is apparently the good counterpart to Ghirahim. The song that's played is apparently taught by or at least related to Impa, so it could go either way I suppose.

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Apparently, the theme that played was mixed with another theme which was relevant to Ghirahim somehow.
Um, no. The song that plays is the Ballad of the Goddess which has nothing to do with Ghirahim.

What music was playing then? I can't find the trophy quiz bits in the official vid for some reason.
The Ballad of the Goddess. It has nothing to do with Ghirahim.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Yeah, I personally don't think Ghirahim is going to be unveiled. If recency played a major role in Zelda, we would have gotten Zant last game.

It's funny, whenever a oneshot like Anthony or Sylux from Metroid or Frederick from Donkey Kong is brought up, no one takes them seriously, but somehow Skull Kid and Ghirahim are serious contenders for realsies, yo.

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Actually, the ballad of the godess had Ghirahims theme mixed into it, leading some people to believe both Ghirahim and Impa will be confirmed.

Also is it just me, or would a "flesh" version of this design:

be almost a perfect match? I'm specifically talking about this picture, he has the "better looking" head and a thicker neck than "normal" ridley. Then exchange his tailspike with the Roidley one...

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325

There is no escape from SmashBoards.

In all honesty, though, what will happen to us if Ridley is confirmed? Where will you all head next? What about once the game is released? Who will still come on here post-release? These are the things that keep me up at night. I don't want this to end; this is some of the most fun I've had all summer (being on the Ridley thread, that is).

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Actually, the ballad of the godess had Ghirahims theme mixed into it, leading some people to believe both Ghirahim and Impa will be confirmed.

Also is it just me, or would a "flesh" version of this design:

be almost a perfect match? I'm specifically talking about this picture, he has the "better looking" head and a thicker neck than "normal" ridley. Then exchange his tailspike with the Roidley one...
I have no idea where you're getting that from. I just went back on the video to the part with Fi's trophy and I didn't hear Ghirahim's theme anywhere.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
A flesh version of Omega Ridley would be decent, but I still don't really dig the snout and his eyes in that particular design. The tail is better than it's ever been though.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
You know, I have not enjoyed playing as every character in previous Smash games. There have always been some I just didn't care for.

But I cannot think of any moveset or style which would result in Ridley not being an absolute blast to play.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I have no idea where you're getting that from. I just went back on the video to the part with Fi's trophy and I didn't hear Ghirahim's theme anywhere.
Ah, found it!
Second Post said:
The trophy of Fi had Ballad of Goddess, which is remixed with Ghirahim's theme on the Skyloft stage, further hinting towards Ghirahim.

Last edited:

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario

In all honesty, though, what will happen to us if Ridley is confirmed? Where will you all head next? What about once the game is released? Who will still come on here post-release? These are the things that keep me up at night. I don't want this to end; this is some of the most fun I've had all summer (being on the Ridley thread, that is).
I don't know, I'm kind of scared of the outside world. I don't know anything about it. Not to mention I prefer the users in here. Can we make a Ridley Discussion page when if he's confirmed?

Zem-raj

Smash Hero

But if Ridley is confirmed playable, he will have a whole section to himself because he's pretty big, and thus new threads can be created, perhaps including a social thread for Ridley :3

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
But if Ridley is confirmed playable, he will have a whole section to himself because he's pretty big, and thus new threads can be created, perhaps including a social thread for Ridley :3
This could become the social thread. I mean, it'd be a shame to make such a big thread go to waste.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
This could become the social thread. I mean, it'd be a shame to make such a big thread go to waste.
I guess this thread could just end up being moved into the Ridley section, should Ridley be announced playable.

Would the OP remain intact for future generations to see it and marvel at it (and at the same time laugh at the size arguments made by detractors)?

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Yeah, I know about getting the topic, I've watched it happen to Robin, Lucina, and others, but I wasn't a supporter of those. What will happen to this thread? I'm not attached to this thread or anything, I just don't want to see nearly 2000 pages go to waste...

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
Some post I saw on miiverse in response to Ridley and being asked if they've actually ever seen Ridley sized down.

"Well uhmm let's see, imagination? I've seen pictures of him downscaled though. It just doesn't fit at all. Besides he's just a random boss in Metroid. It's like asking for queen Gohma from the Zelda series, who cares?"

Gotta love the bandwagoners on miiverse. Here's a link by the way.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYoB7fSA2w

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'd like for it to remain as a memoir honestly, it's fun to go back to some of the Brawl support threads, imagine when Smash 5 is about to come out and people will go back to find this beast. A seperate social thread would be best imo, a fresh start would proably be better too.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I guess this thread could just end up being moved into the Ridley section, should Ridley be announced playable.

Would the OP remain intact for future generations to see it and marvel at it (and at the same time laugh at the size arguments made by detractors)?
I know it happen with the Lucina and Robin threads.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Some post I saw on miiverse in response to Ridley and being asked if they've actually ever seen Ridley sized down.

"Well uhmm let's see, imagination? I've seen pictures of him downscaled though. It just doesn't fit at all. Besides he's just a random boss in Metroid. It's like asking for queen Gohma from the Zelda series, who cares?"

J-j-just a r-random boss?
Just a random boss?
JUST A RANDOM BOSS?!

Excuse me while I dive out a window...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Gohma is a major recurring boss in the Zelda series, Gohma is closer to Yellow Devil. Ridley is the main antagonist of the Metroid series and Samus' arch-nemesis, more akin to the likes of Ganondorf, Bowser, and King K. Rool. Entirely different situation, but most Ridley detractors don't give a crap about that and don't read up on the Metroid series to know this.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

Ngg...ggghrrrrrmm...I.....
More people to laugh at when Ridley is revealed! Hahahaha!
m-must k-k-kill....

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Every time someone posts a link to miiverse or another detractor post site I think "We need to make a huge collaboration video on these reasons!" but then I realize that I've been shot down twice for that here and that nobody is going to do a video with me hint hint (not really)

Last edited:

UnstableBeing

Smash Cadet

Typical detractor that doesn't even know what he is talking about. He could at least try to do some research before...

On topic of Ridley I found these pics. I really like this design but Meta Ridley is still my favorite :

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord

EDIT-----------

Supplies argument to counter and further support Ridley?
Who cares? You all make it sound like detractors are some strange species that are impossible to understand so why can't we ignore them? There's no good in returning the hate.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
Who cares? You all make it sound like detractors are some strange species that are impossible to understand so why can't we ignore them? There's no good in returning the hate.
It would be one thing if he had just said too big and we countered. It's another thing to tote off false information and make it fact. Only then to use that same false information to belittle a fan.

EDIT------------
None the less we should just drop this sad attempt at an argument and continue with support as you implied. I only brought it up because I found it hilarious. Hit the wrong button on the last post and can't find a delete button, if a mod could pick that up, that'd be nice.

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Aha, reminds me of Pac-Man and Miis.
All dem detractors. :4pacman:
I wasn't a fan of Miis being in Smash Bros., but when they were shown, it gained some of my interest.

Pac-Man, I kinda wanted in, since I wanted to know how they'd make move sets for him (I like the character too).

Hopefully with Ridley playable, those that were previously uninterested/indifferent about him would change their minds.

Of course, the detractors will continue to be stubborn...

"he looks stupid scaled down, character ruined!!1!!1!" [never mind that his sprites look silly with the wrong proportions - tiny wings, large head]
"wasted slot, should have gone to one-shot character aka Sylux" [less important characters getting in before the main antagonist? lol]
"Ridley should have stuck to being a boss" [so should Bowser and Ganondorf, yet they're still playable]
etc

Top Bottom