• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
King dedede is one foot two, and he towers mario who is the height of little Mac.
True, but the pic is better, because it's Sakurai officially pointing out that size doesn't matter. :)

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Found these on Miiverse from some guy called Gage:

It was going so well... 'til this one popped up:

(Not sure if this is a joke making fun of the size debate and supporting the character, or against him)

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
NOTHING IS WORSE THAN FALCONDORK!NOTHING!
Well, a very small olimar would have s**t everything, especially range, mobility, attack power and weight.
If Olimar survived the Waterwraith, he can survive anything.
Except for getting stepped on. Or giant space dragons and giant fire-breathing turtles. Or just anything bigger than Pichu. Who he defeated doesn`t really matters in this case. For example, even Samus and Kratos wouldn`t survive getting stepped on by Unicron, no matter how bada$$ they are. They will still get crushed.

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Well, a very small olimar would have s**t everything, especially range, mobility, attack power and weight.

Except for getting stepped on. Or giant space dragons and giant fire-breathing turtles. Or just anything bigger than Pichu.
It's odd. Pikmin is my favorite Nintendo series (besides Metroid) and Olimar is my least favorite character in Smash.

Crocovile

Smash Apprentice
Yahooo! got a new pice of art for ya guys.

Space Pirate leaders for everyone, yay!!!

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I don't understand the toobigots that say "If Ridley gets in, i'm canceling my pre-order" Why would you cancel a preorder because one character made it in, I could understand if your main was removed. j But a newcomer?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I don't understand the toobigots that say "If Ridley gets in, i'm canceling my pre-order" Why would you cancel a preorder because one character made it in, I could understand if your main was removed. j But a newcomer?
It makes the game RUINED FOREVER! It is optional and you can just ignore him? Doesn`t matters, HIS EXISTENCE MAKES THE GAME AND THE ENTIRE FRANCHISE, HELL, JUST NINTENDO, RUINED FOREVER!
Kinda like "Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will adopt Tatsunoko vs. Capcom's controls scheme? The game is screwed! TvC is dumb! [and/or] They're gonna dumb things down for scrubs, and we cannot allow this!" (thanks to TVTropes for that)
This thread goes too fast.

Y u no slow down guys D:

Like Ridley :troll:
We might be a little bit too slow. Would that be alright? *laughs*

Last edited:

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Since there was recently a talk about detractors I just want to say a few things...

Normally I have nothing against people who want a character I wouldn't want or just wouldn't support, Like Isaac, another Earthbound character or Chrom for example. But this thread is getting derailed quite a bit by people talking about Ghirahim, at first I had nothing against him, if he was a playable character I wouldn't mind, but the sheer amount of times he keeps getting brought up, and I don't just mean when guessing what the trophies could stand for. I came here to talk about Ridley, Ridley, not Ghirahim, this is getting so annoying I'm starting to turn into a Ghirahim detractor because the fan base seem so self centred, I talk about Ridley here because I don't want to annoy people who don't want to talk about him elsewhere, could Ghirahim supporters extend the same curtsy?

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
its actually one of the reasons im hoping for ridley to get in... if people are that stupid, they dont deserve to play smash bros... or any game, for that matter.

besides, they're likely just saying it to irritate others, even if ridley gets in, they'll probably buy the games anyway.

and if they dont... well, thats more copies for people deserving of the game.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
If you mean from the SSB Direct, it has been done and dusted several times.

Tiki (Fire Emblem series) = Robin and Lucina (Tiki is in FE: Awakening, and ID - Purpose theme plays, which is Robin/Avatar's theme) - confirmed via SSB4 site video.
Fi (Legend of Zelda series) = Possibly Ghirahim (Due to Fi being from LoZ: Skyward Sword, and Ballad of the Goddess Arranged[?] theme played supposedly includes part of Ghirahim's theme) - to be confirmed.
Pseudo Palutena = Palutena (Pretty obvious) - confirmed via E3 Digital Event.
King Kihunter = Ridley (King Kihunter is in Metroid Other M, Ridley as that small white creature feeds from that boss' remains, vs Ridley theme plays) - to be confirmed.

2/4 have had newcomers revealed. If Ghirahim somehow gets revealed for SSB4 in Tuesday's Hyrule Warriors Direct, then this definitely boosts Ridley's chances, etc.
no no no i specifically said the E3 presentation, not the smash direct

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
What...? Seriously?

Why would anybody cancel their preorder because of one character? I for one wouldn't like it if Chorus Men or Geno were added in the roster, but it wouldn't stop me from getting SSB4.

What's so unappealing about Ridley?

Since there was recently a talk about detractors I just want to say a few things...

Normally I have nothing against people who want a character I wouldn't want or just wouldn't support, Like Isaac, another Earthbound character or Chrom for example. But this thread is getting derailed quite a bit by people talking about Ghirahim, at first I had nothing against him, if he was a playable character I wouldn't mind, but the sheer amount of times he keeps getting brought up, and I don't just mean when guessing what the trophies could stand for. I came here to talk about Ridley, Ridley, not Ghirahim, this is getting so annoying I'm starting to turn into a Ghirahim detractor because the fan base seem so self centred, I talk about Ridley here because I don't want to annoy people who don't want to talk about him elsewhere, could Ghirahim supporters extend the same curtsy?
People are talking about him because of the Trophy Quiz theory (which extends to Ridley). I agree that we shouldn't be talking about him in this thread, and that there are plenty of other places to take this elsewhere.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Let's hope so, but for some reason some people like to pretend that the Prime games don't exist. I don't get it because they're all amazing games.
Sakamoto likes to pretend the Primes don't exist for some reason. I think he's a bit of a twit for doing so. They revived the entire series and made it immensely more popular, while he retconned them out in Other M, which a lot of people refuse to accept. I enjoy Other M's gameplay and visuals (I love Samus' OM suit and Ridley's OM design, as well) but the timeline for the most part makes a lot more sense if you remove Other M from the equation, and not the Primes. The Primes were canon in pretty much everyone's eyes except Sakamoto's, and I can't fathom why Sakamoto would ever want to say the Primes aren't canon.

Also, is your avatar Shana? Shoutout to her sword, which is where I get my username from. Nietono-no-Shana. :p

I've never laughed at laughed at a character decomformation. Except for Chrom's. That was freaking hilarious.
Sakurai kicked Gematsu in the abdomen and laughed as it spluttered on the ground, after only a day of arrogance, certain it'd be Shulk. I feel bad for Chrom fans, but I don't think the last bit was to mock Chrom at all, and it was bloody hilarious.

Welp, you asked for it...
View attachment 20185
Hot. 10/10 would do.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
People are talking about him because of the Trophy Quiz theory (which extends to Ridley). I agree that we shouldn't be talking about him in this thread, and that there are plenty of other places to take this elsewhere.

What I mean is something like this, it starts off just about the quiz, then changes to which Zelda rep would be the most valid, and in the end it doesn't even try referring back to the quiz. Plus not to mention Shìkì being hostile towards GM's choice of Impa. I would like to see Ghirahim's head on a pike but you won't see me saying that normally, in fact I tried to avoid potentially insulting as much as possible in my last post (not completely). Just wanted to be a bit more clearly.

Well, consider THIS logic.
It's been theorized that the song "Ballad of the Goddess" is somehow related to Zelda's Lullaby. The two songs sound very similar, right? It's possible they're even the same song, modified after thousands of generations. One of the few everlasting pieces of music, especially in the Zelda series.'
Guess who was the person to first teach you Zelda's Lullaby?
Impa.
Impa would confirm Ridley about as much as Ghirahim, and she seems like a better option to me.
My problem with this is: Impa has a 70%+ chance to simply be a sheik clone, and could very well be a Shiek alt. costume. Impa taught Zleda as Shiek all the tricks so her moveset is likely to be similar. Also Impa's character when she was first shwon in Skyward Sword was pissing me off so much i would have laughed if she had been killed by Ghirahim or Demise at some point.

Anyway, please be Ghirahim... And make him pair up with Ridley for some massive destruction of the LinkxSamus shipping!

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Sakamoto likes to pretend the Primes don't exist for some reason. I think he's a bit of a twit for doing so. They revived the entire series and made it immensely more popular, while he retconned them out in Other M, which a lot of people refuse to accept. I enjoy Other M's gameplay and visuals (I love Samus' OM suit and Ridley's OM design, as well) but the timeline for the most part makes a lot more sense if you remove Other M from the equation, and not the Primes. The Primes were canon in pretty much everyone's eyes except Sakamoto's, and I can't fathom why Sakamoto would ever want to say the Primes aren't canon.

Also, is your avatar Shana? Shoutout to her sword, which is where I get my username from. Nietono-no-Shana. :p

Sakurai kicked Gematsu in the abdomen and laughed as it spluttered on the ground, after only a day of arrogance, certain it'd be Shulk. I feel bad for Chrom fans, but I don't think the last bit was to mock Chrom at all, and it was bloody hilarious.

Hot. 10/10 would do.
The prime games were amazing. Sakamoto=no good for Sammy.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion

I kinda like the Prime suit more. The Other M suit definitely looks really sleak, but something about it kinda irks me. Don't know what.

And my avatar is Haruhi Suzumiya. I just found this picture one day and loved it.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Well, Prime games don`t add much to the timeline since Samus basicly retconned all of Dark Samus' efforts to spread Phazon, so, only things that were killed or destroyed are applied to the timeline...and there wasn`t much. So, if you will remove either Metroid Other M or Prime games from canon, nothing will really change...Anyway, Metroid Other M gives to canonical story/timeline/whatever a little bit more than Prime games do after Phaaze exploded and destroyed Phazon in the universe. If Phazon would remain, then it would be more important to canon than Metroid Other M.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I thought his Mother (Brain) baked him a cake? :troll:
She can`t, so, to avoid ruining his birthday she invited Peach to bake a very BIG cake. Or should i say she kidnapped her once again because that is what happens every tuesday. Then, she will just kill her and claim that she baked the cake. No one will prove that she didn`t baked it.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Who is going to make what threads in the Ridley subforum after the months crashboards becomes smash boards again?

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
So I have not been following smash news for the like the past 2 weeks, anything happen to help Ridley at all? I heard there was a leak that mentioned him but that is all I know.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
What...? Seriously?

Why would anybody cancel their preorder because of one character? I for one wouldn't like it if Chorus Men or Geno were added in the roster, but it wouldn't stop me from getting SSB4.

What's so unappealing about Ridley?
I think the reason a lot of people dislike the idea of Ridley being playable is because they have a fixed idea of what role he should be in, that of a boss, and have argued so much against his inclusion because of that fixed idea that they would hate to be wrong about the issue. There's also some Metroid fans who think a downsized Ridley "wouldn't be Ridley" anymore, so they don't want him playable for that reason either.

There's a number of reasons why people may not want to see Ridley playable. However, it's usually blown out of proportions.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I think the reason a lot of people dislike the idea of Ridley being playable is because they have a fixed idea of what role he should be in, that of a boss, and have argued so much against his inclusion because of that fixed idea that they would hate to be wrong about the issue. There's also some Metroid fans who think a downsized Ridley "wouldn't be Ridley" anymore, so they don't want him playable for that reason either.

There's a number of reasons why people may not want to see Ridley playable. However, it's usually blown out of proportions.
I see you have K rool in your sig. He is too big.

Top Bottom