• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman
I don't blame the average detractor that says "Ridley would look stupid", or "Ridley would look weird." Pre-Pac-man, I DESPISED the idea of him being included on the basis that I thought his Ghostly Adventure design would be used. That's the thing about 99% of the Smash community. Until they SEE something happen, they'll state it as an impossibility on the basis that they simply don't like it. Now that I've SEEN how they made Pac-man, I'm glad that he is joining the fray. We have to remember, many people are biased in who they want and who they don't want. Nobody from North America would have wanted Marth or Roy, simply because they had no idea who they are(And yes I'm sure some people wanted him, but not a lot. Also, I know Marth/Roy are very different than Ridley). Much of this community are children. So when they see people say "Something would be OP", or "Something would be too big", they'll most likely believe it. I'm 100% confident when Ridley is shown to be perfectly designed, people will side with him as being a cool character that they will use. When he is confirmed, I'm not gonna be like most of the hardcore-Ridley fans on the FB Smash Group(or Miiverse for that matter), and I hope no one will. Although we are blood-thirsty, destructive, parent killing space pirates, I think we should show them some class when it comes to that (I'm confident the people on this forum will, but again I DOUBT MIIVERSE AND FB WILL BE QUIET.)
I'm gonna run around the main roads with air horns in both hands if/when he gets confirmed.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
EVERY detractors leaves that out, and the suggestion of him being slow "Sakurai was talking about lag! Duh! Are you stupid or something?" That is actually what someone said about Ridley
It doesn`t helps them, so, it is not legit, fake and irrevelant. And is stupid.

We really deserve to at least say "IN YOUR FACE!". We at least have a reason to do that. So, we can do that and we won`t drop to their level by doing that.

Last edited:

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
Fixed.
That kind of thing will cease to exist only after Ridley`s confirmation...and will be replaced by "He looks stupid!", "Ridley got in over Sylux?! PREORDER F***ING CANCELED!" and "That is a waste of a slot. He shouldn`t have got in before X." Kinda like what happened to Lucina, Rosalina and Greninja (not that much, but there is something like that), but worse.
I've said this before and I'll say it again, if someone cancels a pre order because of one character, they didn't deserve the game to begin with and need to take off the pampers, and put on some big boy pants. Suck it up.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I have one more image, but it is not as good as previous one:
"GASP! OH MAH GAWD YOU'RE A ROBOT!!"
"Sigh, this is the fifth time you realize that this evening..."

Does this answer your question?
He meant neutrals. That video was made by Shokio.

You know, before the whole "I was just trolling guys, you need to stop being so sensitive!".

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
I've said this before and I'll say it again, if someone cancels a pre order because of one character, they didn't deserve the game to begin with and need to take off the pampers, and put on some big boy pants. Suck it up.
I have no problem with people deciding to make or not make a purchase for themselves for whatever reason they choose. As silly as it may be to others, at the end of the day it's that person's money, that person's decision, and it is their choice to make on the purchase. They have freedom to make that choice.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
I have no problem with people deciding to make or not make a purchase for themselves for whatever reason they choose. As silly as it may be to others, at the end of the day it's that person's money, that person's decision, and it is their choice to make on the purchase. They have freedom to make that choice.
Of course you're right with the fact that is there money and the fact that it's their choice, but it still comes off as rather childish to not purchase a game just because one character.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Chrom's deconfirmation made me laugh a lot too. xDD Just how Sakurai set it up, poor guy was literally kicked to the ground. xD
You know, I really hate the grief Sakurai gets over that video. I mean, despite not being in game, Chrom got a send off and acknowledgement from Sakurai in one of the newcomer videos. That just does not happen. Remember the Brawl character announcement where they bid farewell to Mewtwo? No. Remember all the Pokémon in the videos who never show up in Pokéballs or as stage hazards? No.

That wasn't a "lol, look at your favorite character being excluded", that was "I'm sorry, I couldn't make him work, but I acknowledge the character is worthy of being here".

majora_787

Smash Hero
Man, I'm really hoping we hear about a direct next week. If it were on Wednesday we'd probably hear about it on monday or tuesday though. :Y

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I imagine that at the 20th all we're getting is yet another Ridley tease and the caption being something like "Hey, betcha you're still wondering what's this thing's role".

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"PotD. Out of the blue, here is a new stage, Bowser's Castle from New Super Mario Bros. U. An enemy from Mario's past may appear at any second..."
*Bowser's shadow in the stage*
"Boss characters also make appearences in this stage"

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I imagine that at the 20th all we're getting is yet another Ridley tease and the caption being something like "Hey, betcha you're still wondering what's this thing's role".
Second picture is of his tail.
"Well, keep on guessing! [laughs]"

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
"Lucina was dreaming of having some boobs"

This totally relates to Ridley because Ridley doesn't has boobs either
Please don't let me get up to use Photoshop.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh it just accured to me

Sakurai deconfirmed japans most wanted takamaru, why diden't sakurai do the same for ridley back in april.

Im really getting more confident by playable by the minute

If corocoro (or some leaker does they're info.) doesn't show ridley in the pyrosphere section and his verdict was not revealed yet, im going to upgrade my odds to 150% sure playable.

As soon as I read "Pitty-Pat" I started reading it in Hades' voice.
Thank goddess I wasn't the only one.

off topic bit I'm really disappointed not many people played Uprising. My favorite game of all time barely sold well :(

EDIT: when is corocoro being revealed anyway. . .

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That sounds absolutely horrifying. We talking like...4chan-level sh** here?
suggestive posts the whole damn time, Anthony Higgs joined the battle just so he could teach them subtlety
As soon as I read "Pitty-Pat" I started reading it in Hades' voice.
The Autarch of flame is whos voice I read it in, but hey, Hades riffs is good stuff!

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Oh it just accured to me

Sakurai deconfirmed japans most wanted takamaru, why diden't sakurai do the same for ridley back in april.

Im really getting more confident by playable by the minute

If corocoro (or some leaker does they're info.) doesn't show ridley in the pyrosphere section and his verdict was not revealed yet, im going to upgrade my odds to 150% sure playable.
I'd also like to point out another instance of Sakurai not-trolling. Almost as soon as the information about the game coming to the US was released, Sakurai made the disconfirm. He didn't want people to get their hopes up and then be crushed. There have been several aspects of this game where announcements have gone this way, with disconfirms coming right after things that get people hyped for the character.

Yet Ridley he's been teasing about for a year. Why? Because Ridley's going to be in. He's not trolling, watching everyone get hopeful and then pulling away that hope. He's hype-building, so that the fans will explode when the reveal is made.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
Oh god, don't remind me...
I liked it better whenever ROBObard, the creator of Miiverse After Dark, did it and only he did it. They were subtle yet you could still tell what was happening. Plus is was drawn well unlike some of the little 'uns that drove it into the ground

Top Bottom