• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well half the rumours say Ridley is in the other half say he's out. It's tense times

Also the boss on the KI stage could be anyone. Medusa,Hades, Thanatos, Heedraw, Twinbellows or even the Great Reaper

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
I predict the Palutena Temple boss to be Thanatos, he could be cool. He flies around changing form and stuff. But that's not for this topic. Here's what belongs in this topic:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Wait...can`t he just break that wall and kill everyone inside for fun and to have less competition? Or squeeze in, like Bowser did?
EDIT: oh, that is Brawl sign-ups...at least this time, there is a lot more clearance. Or should i say there always was a lot more clearance than 8ft+ since Melee?

If Samus is a bounty hunter, doesn`t that means that she kills peoples and commits genocide for money? I mean she killed Space Pirates on Zebes and killed every single Metroid (except for TEH BABY! of course) on their homeworld for money...so...

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
I predict the Palutena Temple boss to be Thanatos, he could be cool. He flies around changing form and stuff. But that's not for this topic. Here's what belongs in this topic:

That picture would've meant that Bowser should have technically not be able to get in, considering he's over 10ft himself, and King K. Rool is at least 11ft tall.

But then again, Ridley is "always the exception" e_e

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I always liked Roidley a little bit more than Ridley, please don't kill me :(
HOW DARE YOU LIKE SOMETHING FROM OTHER M?!

...imsorrythatisabadjokeandiusedanimationfromyoursig, but seriously, i`ve seen comments like that...mostly about Samus` design in SSB4. I like Roidley more than Brawley, but would like him more if he would have classic Ridley`s legs, beak (but not entire head) and ribs.

Last edited:

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
HOW DARE YOU LIKE SOMETHING FROM OTHER M?!

...imsorrythatisabadjokeandiusedanimationfromyoursig, but seriously, i`ve seen comments like that...mostly about Samus` design in SSB4. I like Roidley more than Brawley, but would like him more if he would have classic Ridley`s legs, beak (but not entire head) and ribs.
I love that gif of toad a bit too much

majora_787

Smash Hero
Every time anything even slight changes in the website it distorts into like a Silent Hill universe of its former self.

But if you tilt your head a tiny bit the silent hill universe looks a tiny bit like Ridley.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Warning Received
I can`t watch videos for whatever reasons...could you explain what is wrong with that Toad in text?
Toads talking about what makes them scream.
Green's is when he gets slapped on the face, Red's is when other people scream.
Red sees a fly on Green's face and slaps it.
R.I.P. headphone users.
...ridleyrildeyridley, ridley ridley.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
The pic of the day might not be Ridley related, BUT I AM F***ING HAPPY TO SEE PAPER MARIO REPRESENTATION IN SMASH. Him and Ridley are my only two wanted Newcomers.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Toads talking about what makes them scream.
Green's is when he gets slapped on the face, Red's is when other people scream.
Red sees a fly on Green's face and slaps it.
R.I.P. headphone users.
...ridleyrildeyridley, ridley ridley.
Oh...lol, what if green one would have extra reason why he screams and it would be exactly same as Red`s...
Ridley-X is worse in that.
IsmaR will tear out your lungs and eat them while performing fatality on you for mentioning Ridley just for the sake of having him in the post.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
So I think now is probably the best time to shamelessly plug the stuff I've doodled on miiverse.

Remember to like favorite and subscribe for more funny montage videos

Mistermagius

Smash Cadet

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
August=Norfair because it's hot, like august, Ridley lives in norfair, and Ridley is being revealed in august!
Wasn`t "Ridley" an alternate name for Norfair or part of it?

Hm...in my country, in August, it is not as hot as in July (somewhere near +42 in July, somewhere near +35 in August) or as in this year January (yeah...seriously, but then, in February, was 1 week of freezing our fingers)...hm...i am confused...
I spun the wheel like 20 times and never got Ridley. Guys, I think this is a sign. :awesome:
Sign of Ridley`s seco- i mean first coming? Was there falling Metroids lately? Red lava? Or at least mentioning of him without showing him or calling him? If any of that happened...then we are close...

Last edited:

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Sign me up as a Space Pirate mate! I fully support Ridley's inclusion in Smash 4. We SERIOUSLY need more villain characters in the roster. Plus, Ridley would be the perfect addition to the Metroid part of the roster in my eyes.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Sign me up as a Space Pirate mate! I fully support Ridley's inclusion in Smash 4. We SERIOUSLY need more villain characters in the roster. Plus, Ridley would be the perfect addition to the Metroid part of the roster in my eyes.
Do you swear to support him always? And do you swear on your LIFE to NEVER drink the water?

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
so people see small purple numbers in the top left corner of a screen and assume it is a boss health bar?

i dont see any reason why it would be... unless you can find the same thing on screen while people were fighting the yellow devil, i highly doubt it is that.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
so people see small purple numbers in the top left corner of a screen and assume it is a boss health bar?

i dont see any reason why it would be... unless you can find the same thing on screen while people were fighting the yellow devil, i highly doubt it is that.
I'm pretty sure it TRANSLATES to "Boss HP" or something like that. Its not a health bar, either, more like a debug.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Welcome, TOWWT, don`t drink the water, feel TḨ҉Ȩ̧̧̧̧̧̧̧̧̧͠ ҉̀҉ V҉҉ ҉O͠҉I̧̧҉҉ D҉҉ Ridley, embrace TḨ҉Ȩ̧̧̧̧̧̧̧̧̧͠ ҉̀҉ V҉҉ ҉O͠҉I̧̧҉҉ D҉҉ Ridley, support TḨ҉Ȩ̧̧̧̧̧̧̧̧̧͠ ҉̀҉ V҉҉ ҉O͠҉I̧̧҉҉ D҉҉ Ridley for Smash 4. Untill it will all go back into TḨ҉Ȩ̧̧̧̧̧̧̧̧̧͠ ҉̀҉ V҉҉ ҉O͠҉I̧̧҉҉ D҉҉

Last edited:

avgjoe

Smash Cadet

some guy posted this on ssb4dojo:
"This is a screenshot of the direct. It’s Zero Suit Samus on Palutena’s Temple. If you look in the corner, you can see purple numbers and text that I believe translates to “Boss HP: 100.00”. So, we know Palutena’s Temple has a boss."

i'm thinking it's most likely Dark Pit. which is kinda scary because he was teased in a trailer but his role was not officially revealed nor has it been clarified up to this point... sound familiar? i guess this gives a little leverage to Sakurai teasing Ridley as a stage boss. but not much

EDIT: NINJA'D

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

"This is a screenshot of the direct. It’s Zero Suit Samus on Palutena’s Temple. If you look in the corner, you can see purple numbers and text that I believe translates to “Boss HP: 100.00”. So, we know Palutena’s Temple has a boss."

i'm thinking it's most likely Dark Pit. which is kinda scary because he was teased in a trailer but his role was not officially revealed nor has it been clarified up to this point... sound familiar? i guess this gives a little leverage to Sakurai teasing Ridley as a stage boss. but not much
Wouldn`t they include Stage Boss` healthbar in demo for Yellow Devil since it is very easy to do and they did that in Brawl already? I doubt it would require over 1 year to do. So, it is something else...i guess...

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo

Shadow anaylasis.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Wouldn`t they include Stage Boss` healthbar in demo for Yellow Devil since it is very easy to do and they did that in Brawl already? I doubt it would require over 1 year to do. So, it is something else...i guess...
In the debug settings, I'm sure they do. It's just not visible.

Somebody pointed out that the japanese doesn't say "boss health", but "remaining health"

So it might even just be referring to part of the stage, like the breakable bridge.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Already been over this, but I wanted to clarify, it clearly says "HP" in the corner. There's also some Japanese text that I can't read, but apparently it does say "Boss."

So yeah, its not speculation, it literally does say "Boss HP."

Again, this isn't a healthbar. Its a debug. That text is too small for anyone to actually see in an actual battle. As it stands it took four months for anyone to find it.

Somebody pointed out that the japanese doesn't say "boss health", but "remaining health"

So it might even just be referring to part of the stage, like the breakable bridge.
Ah, that's interesting. So it could actually refer to something on the stage that has "Health."

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
oh, goddamn it...

well we better hope its not really that... because if so, we may as well give up on ridley right now... i mean, if there is a boss on palutena's stage of all places... ridley probably really is a poorly done hazard on pyrosphere.

depressing...

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

Oh...debug mode...anywhooze, Dark Pit was shown and called, unlike Ridley. That is a major difference between them. And wouldn`t he be a better choice for an alt model or recolor since he already was in that role in Brawl?

Then we have to just wait until something will be revealed either about that stage`s boss or about Ridley. And i hope Ridley is playable.

Last edited:

avgjoe

Smash Cadet
yah i don't think they plan on showing boss HP in game, but in testing or debugging or whatever they might use it. maybe while they're doing trials and trying to figure out how strong the boss should be.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
oh, goddamn it...

well we better hope its not really that... because if so, we may as well give up on ridley right now... i mean, if there is a boss on palutena's stage of all places... ridley probably really is a poorly done hazard on pyrosphere.

depressing...
I don't see the logic? I mean, second post, clearly Ridley looks like a playable character and is too small for a good boss. He doesn't attack at all. If we have a Pyrosphere stage boss, its probably one of several other bosses that were on the Pyrosphere.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Looks like a debugtool they forgot to turn off.

EDIT: Multi-:4greninja:'d

Last edited:
Top Bottom