• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
@SmilingMad
dem quotes tho

I said it already, but I just can't even stress how funny it spunds.

Replace America with Ridley, innocent (or real) by playable and fake by not playable.

Ridley is playable until proven not playable.

There you have maybe 500 pages of discussions and it still makes more sense than the opposite.
I can do better. here's the best argument of the thread in a single image.

Unfortunately it's on my home computer and I'm at work so I'll post it again later.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
That new leak is SO TRUE...duh, why peoples just can`t stop posting those leaks or believe them just because part of it got confirmed. Its like shooting a Pteranodon with a shot gun until you are out of ammo - at least one bullet will hit him. But if it won`t kill him...you are screwed.

I don`t think i have improved my attidute toward detractors, @ Phaazoid Phaazoid ...or at least i don`t notice it. Was i harsh with them? Did i insulted them? Or what?

What are you saying, Mr.Sakurai? Oh, guys i have an announcement...
RIDLEY IS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER AND HAS NORMAL BEAK, but still is bulky, BUT PLAYABLE! W00T! SAKURAI HIMSELF SAID THAT! YOU CAN`T PROVE THAT IT IS WRONG IF SAKURAI HIMSELF SAID THAT! AND oh wait...it was his cat...i think i drunk too much today...tea of course...and i want more.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Yes, Kremlings indicate nothing because they are completely unrelated from K. Rool and have never been in a game together. You would be hard pressed to even find one game in which they conveniently happened to share an appearance. Thanks for your commentary on the subject.

Back on topic, when I saw that comment @PerfectChaos9 I somehow expected it go on a weird tangent about how Ridley is oily and therefore confirmed.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Yes, Kremlings indicate nothing because they are completely unrelated from K. Rool and have never been in a game together. You would be hard pressed to even find one game in which they conveniently happened to share an appearance. Thanks for your commentary on the subject.

Back on topic, when I saw that comment @PerfectChaos9 I somehow expected it go on a weird tangent about how Ridley is oily and therefore confirmed.
You gotta oil meta ridley so that he don't rust and stays perfectly potent. Ridley cunfurmed

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
JESUS CHRIST GUYS SLOW DOWN GODAMMIT.

Either way, Ridley.
I know that this thread is awesome and everything that makes a thread enjoyable but...

You could have just clicked on the last page button. There's so much who find this thread too fast that you really should consider doing so (anyway thi thread is interesting all the time).

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Plus it says that there will only be male Robin, with changing hair.

There is no changing hair, but there is female Robin.

Completely fake.

QA Leaker said:
Ridley is playable with a great air game, but poor performance on the ground. He’s just a tad bigger than Bowser, and is hunched over like Brawl-Bowser. He’s based on Super Metroid while Pyrosphere has the Other-M version as a boss. His Final Smash is something like a Grab and lots of fire.
Pretty much sounds like what players were suggesting Ridley would play like, and how the shadow analysis predicted what his height would be, which makes me think he just went with the most known/possible ideas. And since final smashes can attack multiple characters a grab couldn't work.

In my mind I want to think dark empire was canon... Star Wars Expanded Universe is best StarWars :c

watched some videos on youtube... looks nice, but I would hope teh story to be less intrusive onto gameplay... that awkward checkpoint saves :c
Does it have different difficulty levesl? looked a tad easy
After you finish each track you unlock a faster/harder version, there's also Pokemon bonus levels, which has music like Your Bicycle or whatever it's called.

Last edited:

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
Ridley's Final Smash could be a metroid raid, where Ridley controls a group of metroids, or the Final Smash could be a temporary wing and torso enhancement, where Ridley gains temporary cybernetic armor (to resemble Mecha Ridley)
Anyway, I was reading some older posts, and I want to state that DLC and unfinished products are not the same thing. Mr. Sakurai already posed a wise strategy by ignoring the idea of DLC until SSB4 is finished. Whether I do or do not want DLC, I do not know.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Ridley's Final Smash could be a metroid raid, where Ridley controls a group of metroids, or the Final Smash could be a temporary wing and torso enhancement, where Ridley gains temporary cybernetic armor (to resemble Mecha Ridley)
  1. Metroids are completly uncontrolable like that (Ridley`s clone was killed by a Metroid Queen by the way) and already are ATs, so, it would be illogical to use them.
  2. Yet another transformation final smash. And why he suddenly gains armor? With ZS Samus it is easily explained because she can do that in Other M and Metroid Prime 3. But Ridley never did something like that.
Just something that i feel is wrong with those ideas.

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
  1. Metroids are completly uncontrolable like that (Ridley`s clone was killed by a Metroid Queen by the way) and already are ATs.
  2. Yet another transformation final smash.
Just something that i feel is wrong with those ideas.
Make that a Space Pirate-Raid. Tadahh~ Also I'd love a transformation final smash... but different. Basically Ridley going huge and appearing on one side of the map, with the player being able to spit fire balls, dash to the other side of the stage damaging everything in his path etc. Basically give him his "Boss"-Status as his FS.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Finally back from vacation (I hate long car trips with a passion). Oh look, another instantaneous deconfirmation. I actually got this image in my head earlier today of Ridley eating every character that's deconfirmed.

Also what's this image leak or whatever I keep hearing about? Someone mind giving a link? Doubt its real from the get-go but I'd like to see anyway.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman

We'll just say he's crouching on the left and standing on the right.
I think Ridley could be bigger if he was hunched but still standing in two legs, like in the Prime games. A midpoint between these two.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Finally back from vacation (I hate long car trips with a passion). Oh look, another instantaneous deconfirmation. I actually got this image in my head earlier today of Ridley eating every character that's deconfirmed.

Also what's this image leak or whatever I keep hearing about? Someone mind giving a link? Doubt its real from the get-go but I'd like to see anyway.
No, he is not eating them. Since Ridley was killed during Super Mertoid, we, Ridley cult, decided to use deconfirmed characters` blood to ressurect our lord by mixing that blood with his ashes and parts prossessed by us.

I prefer more active and satisfying Final Smashes like Aura Storm, Great Aether (my favourite one, it is so awesome that only Ridley and Grimlock are more awesome than that and nothing else) and Galaxia Darkness. And maybe Mega Man`s final smash. So, i would prefer it to be either something like Great Aether or Aura Storm, but with a little bit of a special Ridley touch. So, instead of Aura-Kame-kame-ha-something, it is his plasma beam charged up to maximum power...i used that idea already and it may not look very awesome in the way i made it (mostly because it is in 2D and not even 2.5D), but it still looks fine...i guess...

Last edited:

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
what is going on with this topic?

some "fake leak" trend going around... combined with off-topic discussions involving star wars... the hell?

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
So long as a Final Smash is controllable and fun, I'm OK with it. I knew those ideas weren't too logical. But metal armor could symbolize Mecha Ridley without implying Ridley dies during the match. No matter what FS Ridley gets, I strongly hope it is something I can control and have fun with.
@BaganSmahBros Hey, this is not Link's Adventure on the NES! Only Ganon may be summoned like that! Ridley's resurrection would require some metal.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
@BaganSmahBros Hey, this is not Link's Adventure on the NES! Only Ganon may be summoned like that! Ridley's resurrection would require some metal.
Well, we won`t know unless we will try. Maybe we should use the blood of the members of Ridley cult too...using flesh would help, but first we will try blood & ashes method. It sounds better than mixing meat with ashes of a dragon...it still sounds cool, but not as good as one that we use right now...
OR we can use some kind of an ancient artifact (that was sealed somewhere for obvious reasons with warning note that says that it will destroy everything if used in a wrong way and corrupts minds of those who is close to it, but can bend time and space to its will, allowing user to controll anything) to bring Ridley from the past into present. What could POSSIBLY go wrong? Apocalypse? I doubt it. No, really, what could possibly go wrong?

Oh, and Ridley did not died before becoming Meta Ridley, but he was damaged badly enough that he required life-support system and those replacements.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ridley's Final Smash: Space Pirate Raid!
Summons Kraid, Phantoom and Draygoon to make an ultimate attack a la Mega Man, thank me later

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
No, he is not eating them. Since Ridley was killed during Super Mertoid, we, Ridley cult, decided to use deconfirmed characters` blood to ressurect our lord by mixing that blood with his ashes and parts prossessed by us.

I prefer more active and satisfying Final Smashes like Aura Storm, Great Aether (my favourite one, it is so awesome that only Ridley and Grimlock are more awesome than that and nothing else) and Galaxia Darkness. And maybe Mega Man`s final smash. So, i would prefer it to be either something like Great Aether or Aura Storm, but with a little bit of a special Ridley touch. So, instead of Aura-Kame-kame-ha-something, it is his plasma beam charged up to maximum power...i used that idea already and it may not look very awesome in the way i made it (mostly because it is in 2D and not even 2.5D), but it still looks fine...i guess...
Just thought these up, but what if a gust of wind from below forces all the other characters to get caught in the air, making it harder for them to move, and Ridley get's powered up allowing him to hunt down the other characters . Or another idea Ridley chases after any characters caught in the final smash and they go into a free-fall fight with Ridley like in Metroid Prime 3, but it would be like Falcon's move where you have no control, they could take damage from hitting the sides of the chamber and Ridley finishes the final smash with a plasma blast.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Ridley's final smash could just be Kraid, who rises up in the background like in Brinstar Depths and repeatedly smashes the stage while Ridley moves around like normal, only immune to the smashing. Not really the most original, I'll admit, but I'd like to see Kraid involved in some way, given how insanely massive he is. (plus, the Brinstar Depths stage was great visually, even if it wasn't that fun to actually play on)

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Just thought these up, but what if a gust of wind from below forces all the other characters to get caught in the air, making it harder for them to move, and Ridley get's powered up allowing him to hunt down the other characters . Or another idea Ridley chases after any characters caught in the final smash and they go into a free-fall fight with Ridley like in Metroid Prime 3, but it would be like Falcon's move where you have no control, they could take damage from hitting the sides of the chamber and Ridley finishes the final smash with a plasma blast.
First idea doesn`t sounds very good while second one sounds a lot like Captain falcon`s final smash, but it is better than 1st one.
Ridley's final smash could just be Kraid, who rises up in the background like in Brinstar Depths and repeatedly smashes the stage while Ridley moves around like normal, only immune to the smashing. Not really the most original, I'll admit, but I'd like to see Kraid involved in some way, given how insanely massive he is. (plus, the Brinstar Depths stage was great visually, even if it wasn't that fun to actually play on)
A stage hazard again, but being actually able to damage would be better than part of a final smash..

But that is your opinion. That ^ is my opinion on that.

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
Oh, dang. That inspires a fun idea, Zoroarking. Ridley riding a controllable Kraid could be Ridley's FS, and that could satisfy the people who want to use a canonically-sized Kraid. People have probably posted this before, though.
@ Megadoomer Megadoomer Dang. I was still typing this when you posted that. Thanks for sharing your similar idea.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
First idea doesn`t sounds very good while second one sounds a lot like Captain falcon`s final smash, but it is better than 1st one.
Didn't put that much thought into them tbh, but the 2nd one is the only way I see Ridley doing a iconic move from a game, the one from Brawl with Samus or Dead or Alive people suggested doesn't seem possible.

Last edited:

UnstableBeing

Smash Cadet
Final Smash : Space Pirate Raid
Summons Commander, Commando and Airborne Space Pirates (maybe Elite Pirates too ?). If Airborne Space Pirates are killed they do their suicide attack on the closest enemy.

Or

Stupid Final Smash : SUPER FIGHTING DRAGON FIGHTING TO DESTROY THE WORLD
Ridley summons every Ridley in Metroid games for a Final Smash à la Megaman, Cpt Falcon, Meta Knight.
NES Ridley, Baby Ridley, Mystery Creature, Meta Ridley, Roidley. Ridley X.

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
For his Final Smash it could be the giant plasma bomb he does in Other M except bigger :troll:

or My dream final smash "The Call of the Ridley" as I like to call it, he screams and then some of these guys fly in or appear & wreak everything.

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
Hello Ridley people. I thought i'd share my drawing i made today here because it features your character!

Hope you like it!

UnstableBeing

Smash Cadet
I'm so stupid. I had the perfect pic on my computer and never thought about doing it so here I go...

OMG LOOK AT THIS LEAK OF VILLAIN TRAILER COMING SOON TOTALLY LEGIT MY DAD IS A SAMURAI

Top Bottom