• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
The GF used the DNA on Samus to recreate all those species, and because of the cloning, they were also in their infant forms first, including our precious little birdie
Like the phoenix, I choose to believe that Ridley wasn't cloned, but reborn anew. Much like how Ridley was reborn as Meta/Omega Ridley.

I'd buy the idea that Roidley is a separate character if Roidley didn't share the original's memories and the fact that the original died. As far as the narrative of Metroid is concerned, Roidley IS Ridley.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
While i haven't played any RH game yet, it's a title i would eventually like to check. always liked the G&W galleries series since their first game on the GB, and the wario ware series. the concept is simple, yet fun, some mindless casual fun sometimes is just nice. plus the music is pretty catchy. and unlike other musical games, it centers all about the rythm. probably people who have played the saga could elaborate more.

Why on smash? well, Rythm is way more important that most people realize in fighting games. Flow, momentum, prediction, if your opponent manages to predicts your rythms you are doomed. on the other hand, while one have a fixed amount of tools, for say aproaching. mixing them in unpredictable rythms is what canmake you get the upper hand. thats why a rythm based moveset have so much potential for being awesome. I'm pretty sure that Sakurai also realizes this, and sees moveset potential in Rythm heaven characters. the thing is how well it will come on execution.

Annnd, while not massive, RH have some meme potential. (which makes it known around certain fanbases)

Aaannnd now.. think of how I can relate this to ridley...

Someone really needs to do a RH video with Fusion Ridley scream... (sorry for the offtopic :c)
How about a compromise? Someone who's rhythm based that's big, purple, spiky and badass

I'd even take him over the chorus men V

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
The time issues aside, Roidley COULD exist at the same time as Ridley. Had Ridley not died or had they used the DNA sooner, Ridley and Roidley could have simultaneously existed.

Meta Ridley is literally Ridley's mechanically-enhanced recovery after Metroid 1. He can't actually exist at the same time because he is the same entity. And at the same time, Winged Badley Guardian of the Metroid #2 from Fusion can't exist at the same time as Roidley. Because they're the same entity.

Also rolling my eyes hard at "silent hardcore" jesus christo

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
Just a heads up, but we may have a storm coming

Found someone posting about this twitter account on reddit https://twitter.com/LeakedSmash, apparently they're a play tester and are leaking pictures. Don't buy it for 1 second but we may have people coming here talking about them

nevermind what i said about "interesting"... im tired and skipped all the previous pages...

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Seriously though, does anyone have a theory about Ridley NOT being playable now that does correlates with everything?

I'm just that sceptical to assume there's nothing, but the fact that it became to a point when I speculate with the complete opposite speculation philosophy and make more sense is just ridiculous. I don't deny that, but accepting this is kinda of annoying since I don't really like to make assumptions. Unless it is funded solidly which I think is the case now...

It's just the world upside down and it's really unimaginable, but thinkable.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
everyone knew that wolf was in at that time. so far the leak prevention have been pretty good for this game, mbutonce the game will be out in japan.. it wiull be literally hours before the nwhole roster is published in teh internet with proof, (and it could even happen some days previous release, like people who don't mind the anti leak deal, getting access to the whole game data.
I wonder if Nintendo will pull a Mario Kart 8 and let a bunch of journalists play the game and posting on Miiverse all kind of spoilers.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
But Roidley was cloned after the original's final death, so Roidley could easily be Ridley, just further down the timeline.
Cloned = different organism by definition. It had to grow up and evolve all over again. Having the same memories doesn't make it the same thing. You can clone something and have it in the same room as the thing you cloned it from.

I'm technically a cyborg irl (insulin pump), I use a robotic device to live. I'm still the same entity that I was 7 years ago before I got it. If I were cloned, and there were 2 of me, the other one wouldn't be me. It would have different experiences from me after the point of cloning, and be a different individual.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Ridley and Metaly talking to eachother is like Vader killing Anikan. (I' looking at you Ben)

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Ridley and Metaly talking to eachother is like Vader killing Anikan. (I' looking at you Ben)
Speaking of Star Wars, I once read up that Palpatine was so evil, the Dark Side was physically destroying his body. So every time he died, he had a backup clone of him to take over.

So I'm understandably annoyed when people say that Ridley can be a character and boss at the same time "because he is a clone". Kinda undermines Darth Vader's redemption if the evil emperor he overthrew died long ago.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
Oh. These shenanigans. Well my thought is this.

If a leak is going to be as wrong as Gematsu was, it's fake. That's just how it goes. Shulk MIGHT get in on his own merits MAYBE. Chorus Kids I seriously doubt. Enemies in smash run don't confirm a playable character. They can be indicative of more content, for sure. But they don't actually confirm a new playable character. Even Kremlings only indicate K. Rool to be in the game in some way, not necessarily playable. Although people would consider it ideal.
The only thing Kremlings point to is that Kremlings are in the game.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
If the only way to be a legit source is to pretend to be a leak, then I shall oblige.

Guise

I got an email from Nintendo

Ridley is confirmed, Pig Ganon is confirmed, Porky is confirmed, Lucas is returning, 3 Marshalls are confirmed, and Isaac will be a Shulk clone.
Also Mewtwo is returning

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
If the only way to be a legit source is to pretend to be a leak, then I shall oblige.

Guise

Ridley is confirmed, Pig Ganon is confirmed, Porky is confirmed, Lucas is returning, 3 Marshalls are confirmed, and Isaac will be a Shulk clone.
Also Mewtwo is returning
**** guys I have nothing to prove this one's fake

Guess we'll consider it real until other info pops up

This is America after all, innocent until proven fakey

Last edited:

RidleyDX

Smash Ace

Guise

Also Mewtwo is returning
11/10 would buy twice.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman

Guise

Also Mewtwo is returning
i believe 100%
10/10 would believe next leak you post for sure

Turokman5896

Smash Lord

Guise

Also Mewtwo is returning
2legit 100% true my dad works at nintendo and says it's true

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
wait, what?

we cant swim in this game?

is there a reason for that?
in the 3ds tournament on Tortamor island (i spelled it wrong i think, o well) one of the characters fell into the water but did not come up to swim, he just fell...and fell...and explostion indicating that he died

Luigi#1

Smash Champion

Guise

Also Mewtwo is returning
12/10 I give it all of my mis-colored kidneys.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Speaking of Star Wars, I once read up that Palpatine was so evil, the Dark Side was physically destroying his body. So every time he died, he had a backup clone of him to take over.

So I'm understandably annoyed when people say that Ridley can be a character and boss at the same time "because he is a clone". Kinda undermines Darth Vader's redemption if the evil emperor he overthrew died long ago.
It's not canon.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
guis Mashpotato-Samurai sent mii an gmail
>Shulk is an Assist
>Chorus Men are background characters
>Ridley is playable
Gematsu confiiiiiirmd

PerfectChaos9

Smash Cadet

Guise

Also Mewtwo is returning
I dunno... There's an awful lot of pig in that leak.

Bacon comes from pigs.

Bacon is oily.

Fish are also oily.

Therefore, this leak is 2fishy4me.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
It's not canon.
In my mind I want to think dark empire was canon... Star Wars Expanded Universe is best StarWars :c
It's from this game

Created by Game Freak
watched some videos on youtube... looks nice, but I would hope teh story to be less intrusive onto gameplay... that awkward checkpoint saves :c
Does it have different difficulty levesl? looked a tad easy

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
**** guys I have nothing to prove this one's fake

Guess we'll consider it real until other info pops up

This is America after all, innocent until proven fakey
I said it already, but I just can't even stress how funny it sounds.

Replace America with Ridley, innocent (or real) by playable and fake by not playable.

Ridley is playable until proven not playable.

There you have maybe 500 pages of discussions and it still makes more sense than the opposite.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

That's no longer canon as of this moment. Not that I'm complaining, because the Expanded Universe had a lot of dumb stuff in it. There were some good elements, though.

But that's going off topic. We need Ridley talk, and lots of it. Ridley Ridley Ridley.

I found this leak from Nintendo, and that it says the next Metroid will be all about Ridley clones. Yes, Ridleys everywhere.

Top Bottom