• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Tattoos are gross.

Piercings too.

Weirdos.
In some cases I agree, though I'm not one to discriminate people who wear either of those, but Ridley's one of few things that makes tattoos a cool exception, especially since it's a ZSS cosplayer wearing it.

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

D

Deleted member

Ganondorf was such a boss, and thus a boss he was in Melee and Brawl.

Wait a minute....

Boss Ridley did him no justice.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, make one of the most recognized villains in Nintendo history a simple, easy to beat boss.

That SURELY makes sense. :rolleyes:

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Ridley is such a boss, and thus a boss he shall remain.
Being a boss would be to do him injustice, a boss can be beaten, rather easily, if you know how.
But being a character would be to give him freedom, instead of a restricted moveset in a restricted order. You can tackle a situation in any way as a character.
Bowser was a boss, Ganondorf was a boss, heck, Donkey Kong used to be a boss. Now look at them, characters. But Donkey Kong just threw barrels.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Lol, this won the page, at least
Yer.

That's an entirely different series, though. In Super Metroid the cloned Metroids look as they normally do.
I don't think it being a different series has much to do with it. Although initially a clone of Mew, Mewtwo was still pretty altered when being created so that it would have the human traits that it does, whereas the other clones in the 1st Pokemon movie looked basically the same as the originals for the most part because they weren't altered or tampered with by scientists.

With the way the clone Ridley came to be (extracted from remnants of Ridley stuck to Samus's power suit, which hardly makes sense), I can see why it may have not been exactly the same looking as the original in the end, as opposed to if he had been cloned in a more practical way, like taking a sample of his DNA or something when he was still alive and well. That, or Ridley's final evolution is naturally more muscular and stuff at first, while it gets more skinny and scrawnier like we came to know him as as he gets older.

Boss Ridley did him no justice.
We all gave him being a boss in Smash a chance, and it really didn't, especially with the moves he was given in both forms. I actually forgot he was in Brawl until I started looking at this place and Smash-related topics again. That shows how forgettable he was in the SSE.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
There's some Ridley fights in the Metroid series that most consider easy, but still found them fun and memorable. His Brawl boss fights simply weren't. Only thing it had going for it was the kickass remix of his theme.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
There's some Ridley fights in the Metroid series that most consider easy, but still found them fun and memorable. His Brawl boss fights simply weren't. Only thing it had going for it was the kickass remix of his theme.
I did like the fight where Meta Ridley is chasing you on the falcon ship.
And i also liked the boss fight in that deep hole in Prime 3 where you are falling and fighting.
All the ridley fights are fun, but most of them arent a significant challenge.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
If they added dynablade then we could have a Ridley V Charizard V Dynablade V Bowser fight. on fourside. talk about a monster mash.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
When I said rumor I basically meant fake, as those two words go hand-in-hand when it comes to Smash Bros more than just about anything else. I don't exactly find there being two Namco characters to be unbelievable though, and how similar or different the Wii U and 3DS versions will be from each other is still pretty much anyone's guess.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
A hand held smash? It is like a dream come true. especially if you can use it as a controller for the Wii U variant. the possibilities are endless.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
A hand held smash? It is like a dream come true. especially if you can use it as a controller for the Wii U variant. the possibilities are endless.
I think it would be hard to control, because you wouldn't have the same ability like a controller gives you.
I also hope they stick with the gamecube controller.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I stopped using the gamecube controller when the wii came out, so I probably couldn't use one very good if I tried

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I could, but since the GC controller probably won't happen again, I would mainly use the Wii U Pro controller as opposed to that tablet thing, especially if we're talking about controlling Ridley if he's playable because controlling someone like him with the 3DS touch screen would seem kinda weird. I would give it a chance though if he's in both versions of the game.

Reika Kitami

Smash Cadet
It's only due to being hard to control. Having more buttons doesn't mean it's easier to control at al.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
I meant for the gamecube controller,you've got all the buttons a gamecube controller have (and more) so there shouldn't be a problem,and the 3DS one can still do all attacks,the touch screen would only do...eye candy?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I still use the NES controller.

I demand NES controller support for the wii-u

Top Bottom