• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Ridley, an Olimar clone? Nah...
He'd clearly be a Jigglypuff clone. :troll: The Final Smash suits him well.
You are so wrong, he is most definitely a Peach clone.
Can't you see him prancing around, pulling Space Pirates out of the ground to throw at people, pushing Mother Brain in front of himself to take the damage.
I can most definitely see him prancing around as gentle music puts everyone to sleep for a final smash.

D

Deleted member

You are so wrong, he is most definitely a Peach clone.
Can't you see him prancing around, pulling Space Pirates out of the ground to throw at people, pushing Mother Brain in front of himself to take the damage.
I can most definitely see him prancing around as gentle music puts everyone to sleep for a final smash.
OMG. I see it now.

But maybe he's a Wario clone.
Using a bunch of Space Pirates as a bike and farting seems pretty reasonable.
As is turning into Ridley-Man. :troll:

I think I should quit while I'm ahead...

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
OMG. I see it now.

But maybe he's a Wario clone.
Using a bunch of Space Pirates as a bike and farting seems pretty reasonable.
As is turning into Ridley-Man. :troll:

I think I should quit while I'm ahead...
I can't resist one last one.
Maybe he is a Diddy Kong clone, with his little gun, and he can throw dead bodies on the ground that people will trip on, and he can jump on people and bite them on the face, and with his A combo he spins around and swings his tail around.

Okay, I'm done. It's been fun.

D

Deleted member

Man, and I was going to make a Pit clone joke as well.
Welp, I said I should quit, so that's what I'm going to do.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
How about he be a clone of just Samus, by the Pirate science team implementing the reverse-engineered versions of Samus's beam weapons in the 1st Prime onto Ridley/Meta-Ridley, like they did with a number of the Pirate ground troops? He would fire his own version of the Wave Beam, Ice Beam, and such out of his mouth. Imagine him freezing a Metroid and then just shattering it by jumping on it. :troll:

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
How about he be a clone of just Samus, by the Pirate science team implementing the reverse-engineered versions of Samus's beam weapons in the 1st Prime onto Ridley/Meta-Ridley, like they did with a number of the Pirate ground troops? He would fire his own version of the Wave Beam, Ice Beam, and such out of his mouth. Imagine him freezing a Metroid and then just shattering it by jumping on it. :troll:
That actually makes a little more sense for a moveset, because when he got his Meta armor, he had lots of armor and weapons attached, so instead of focusing on like fireballs and tail swipes, he could use the beam weapons that they made onto him.
I wonder what would happen if the SA-X, let theoretically say that one of them escaped, what would happen if one infected Meta(Or normal) Ridley and then merged Ridley with the Samus data the X had to make a super giant Samus Ridley X, so while the original Ridley survived by using the metroids because in every game they always have them stored somewhere, so Samus and Ridley have to help both the Galactic Federation and the Space Pirates stop the X infestation from taking over the entire Universe.
Also, on a second thought, would it be possible for the X to be infected by phazon?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
You are aware that joke threads are not permitted here, right?
don't worry, It was in jest. If I made one I'd actually go all out with a moveset and everything, and then it'd have to be considered legitimate. but I don't care that much, and I'm not going to purposefully spam or troll the forums

Don't worry Mr. Mod, I'm not the kind you gotta look out for :p

D

Deleted member

But Ridley's too big for you to carry, let alone out the door. :troll:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Huh. That reminds me, I have this. Well, two of 'em actually due to a mishap of one of the wings being broken off of the first one during shipment (no return policy, yadayada) and getting a free replacement, the latter of which remains happily next to my lamp in my room. <3 Still need to superglue the wing back on the first one (again) someday though.

http://happnesfigure.blogspot.com/2011/01/super-metroid-inspired-ridley-figure.html

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Is it just going to stay here,too bad...

Another proof that Ridley isn't too big :troll: no seriously.People saying it wouldn't feel like him...

Anyway,not only his size is not a trait of him,but i just did a Smash Boss,and i think he doesn't look as big as his original sprite.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Is it just going to stay here,too bad...

Another proof that Ridley isn't too big :troll: no seriously.People saying it wouldn't feel like him...

Anyway,not only his size is not a trait of him,but i just did a Smash Boss,and i think he doesn't look as big as his original sprite.
In the first few metroid games, not chronologically but release date, Ridley isnt that much bigger than Samus. If you watch the melee intro, he isn't that big. He would still be one of the biggest characters, but not like the size of a building.

FZ64

Smash Journeyman
I've been researching the bata super smash bros. so I'll say this here: In Melee Ridley was found as a playable caricature. in Brawl He was a an A.T. but ended up as a boss like you all know.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Comic-Con's awesome though.

Top Bottom