• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman

haha

Look at this image I clipped from the YouTube series LORE: Metroid LORE in a Minute that came out about a month ago. :]

That's a cute cartoon version of child Samus and Ridley :) (and before any of you think I'm using this as legitimate reasoning
*cough*
this is just for fun haha)

But It's also kind leaning on/small contribution to a counter-argument against "Ridley is a BOSS" and "Ridley would look inferior/weak/stupid small" arguments.

Even if it is just a fun fan cartoon/video, it kind of shows that fans would take to a "Smaller Ridley" quite positively, as well as viewing him as a "Character" as opposed to a mindless beast.

Not many people (if a select few at most) will cry foul at a smaller scale Ridley. This video kind of shows that his size his up to complete interpretation.

It's the inside that counts, not the outside guys. c':

[COLLAPSE="More FUN Comparison Images :)"]

[/COLLAPSE]

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Which direction, the potential of ridley coming back after fusion, him making an army of Ridleys, or that one guy saying he is too big? There were a lot of side subjects

:phone:
I beleive he was talking of the SamRid shipping. :troll:
lol I was mostly referring to Ridley (the one that isn't a clone) possibly returning after Fusion though for the record. My posted theory on the matter which I don't want to be buried by those other subjects:

After the original Ridley's last defeat in Super Metroid's Norfair, he heals himself the same way he did in the manga after his ship exploded on him by eating the flesh of corpses Samus killed on her way to him, then gets off of Zebes while she was busy having the fight of her life against Mother Brain. Ironically, wouldn't be too different from the tactical retreat he made at the end of the Super Metroid comics from Nintendo Power.
@ Onyx: Nice! Yeah, I saw that posted like a month or so ago by the Metroid Database account on Facebook.

D

Deleted member

I think that's a different manga series. The one with Chibi Samus.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
That makes no sense even in the metroid world, the world of bird people, space dragons, and lobster pirates

So i'm not missing anything in the manga.
That's from very early in the manga. IMHO, it gets better much later when the Pirates & Ridley get involved.

There's scans of it everywhere online, so it's not like you're paying for it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Batman is pretty emo.
Batman doesn't curl into a fetal position and cry though.

First she questions which is the real her, the suit or the human under it. Like batman...From there it gets a little sour

Samus in this comic: "OMG science confuses my female mind. It's pretty though" LOL

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Oh yes, point out one of the random oddities not many else would pay much attention to and not the good/better parts of the manga that actually matter to the story leading up to Zero Mission.

That makes no sense even in the metroid world, the world of bird people, space dragons, and lobster pirates

So i'm not missing anything in the manga.
Correction, you're missing a whole ton, especially with the Pirates and Ridley. Also, what shinpichu said.

Batman is pretty emo.
Depends on how he's written.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Character development and background story don't matter in build up?

I only read the first character or so anyway. Whatever

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I was mainly referring to the fuss over those butterflies with guns, which was totally random and has no bearing on the rest of the manga.

For having only seen the 1st chapter though, your first impressions is understandable in some ways I suppose, though like shinpichu said, it gets better later on. Oh, and Samus develops more and more as a character throughout the manga than she does in any of the games.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I was mainly referring to the fuss over those butterflies with guns, which was totally random and has no bearing on the rest of the manga.

For having only seen the 1st chapter though, your first impressions is understandable in some ways I suppose, though like shinpichu said, it gets better later on. Oh, and Samus develops more and more as a character throughout the manga than she does in any of the games.
And she does this:

(that's Adam btw)

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
And she does this:

(that's Adam btw)
Funny how they seemed so alike during that moment. :bee: Those who weren't a fan of the more "submissive" Samus in Other M should have no reason NOT to like the manga when it comes to parts like that, I would think.

How did we get from Ridley in SSB4 to the manga, i know it has ridley in it but still, this thread has a lot of side tracks, but they are interesting
Because manga Ridley is still factually the most badass Ridley there is. Would still suggest giving it a read/chance with that said, no matter how the naysayers downplay it.

Most of these threads seem to end up doing that.
Sometimes for the better or the worse.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe she has a fetish for people that brutally murder her parents in front of her eyes.

It's a very exclusive fetish

But this is a Ridley thread not a Samus thread isn't it.

To make it more Ridley themed, maybe Ridley has a fetish for people he's brutally murdered their parents. Not as exclusive

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Maybe she has a fetish for people that brutally murder her parents in front of her eyes.

It's a very exclusive fetish

But this is a Ridley thread not a Samus thread isn't it.
Maybe she does, and when she tried to go after him, he rejected her and put in a restraining order, so now she is trying to kill him for rejecting her, and then she tried to kill Mother Brain and Kraid, because Ridley is always working with them and Samus thought that if she couldn't have him then nobody can.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
maybe the space pirates are like a hive mind and they're all actually controlled by ridley? and in sm4sh you can like command them like pikmin or something.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
maybe the space pirates are like a hive mind and they're all actually controlled by ridley? and in sm4sh you can like command them like pikmin or something.
Yeah, I'd love to see Ridley plucking then from the ground and using them like a rope to whip someone

D

Deleted member

Ridley, an Olimar clone? Nah...
He'd clearly be a Jigglypuff clone. :troll: The Final Smash suits him well.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
hey, olimar had a space ship, ridley's a space dragon. It could work well. He'd get jigglies down B, though. but instead of falling asleep, he'd like, gain armor or something

D

Deleted member

hey, olimar had a space ship, ridley's a space dragon. It could work well. He'd get jigglies down B, though. but instead of falling asleep, he'd like, gain armor or something
Don't you deny me singing Ridley! :troll:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You know, I've heard people say that Ridley can't walk, but I had the following perspective in mind...

1: Ridley rivals Bowser's walking speed, being one of the slowest walkers in the game.
2: In terms of running speed, Ridley would be fast enough to outrun Meta Knight, but would still be slower than Zero Suit Samus.

This would basically give players a false sense of security with Ridley's movement speed; they think he's very slow, but when he dashes, it's a whole different story.

D

Deleted member

I can pretty much see that as well.

Now more about singing Ridley. :troll:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
maybe the space pirates are like a hive mind and they're all actually controlled by ridley?
The hive mind concept was actually how the Zebesian Pirates were executed in the manga and Other M, except it was Mother Brain/MB controlling them while Ridley was leading them out in the battlefield. Kind of a slap to the face to those who were a fan of the Pirates in the Prime series (more specifically the first couple games) that had their own science teams, were a master of experimenting, had minds of their own, etc. Then again, that all changed when Dark Samus temporarily rose to power and controlled them with Phazon corruption... I guess the Pirates sure have a thing for getting controlled by one being on a massive scale.

and in sm4sh you can like command them like pikmin or something.
Should only be for a final smash like in the first post IMO.

Top Bottom