• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Haha I remember when Star Waffle made that, everyone in the brawl hacks community was so excited for it
Was there any "too big" comments?

@TehEpicRyuga, in DoA, Roidley had his duck beak instead of normal one:

That is a pretty late answer, but whatever - i couldn`t answer before.
Has anyone ever seen a hack with Ridley's Melee model? If so, where could I see it?
It doesn`t exists. It is also impossible to use Melee model because that trophy`s model isn`t T-posed.

Welcome, Maxoxpower, don`t drink wateh because it is radioactive. But you won`t turn into Hulk or Godzilla. You will just lose common sense, brains, etc.

Last edited:

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
Was there any "too big" comments?

@TehEpicRyuga, in DoA, Roidley had his duck beak instead of normal one:

That is a pretty late answer, but whatever - i couldn`t answer before.

It doesn`t exists.

Welcome, Maxoxpower, don`t drink wateh because it is radioactive. But you won`t turn into Hulk or Godzilla. You will just lose common sense, brains, etc.
Ridley must have a thing about slamming hot women against the wall :denzel:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Ridley must have a thing about slamming hot women against the wall :denzel:
Unfortunately, none of them were turned into a bloody mess with missing parts after that...i would like that to happen...just to someone in Ridley`s hands...that is why i like Ridley so much and don`t think a dream with Ridley brutaly PWNing Samus is a nightmare even if i was scared...for some reasons...or i was hyped?
And i thought that was a guy in Ridley`s hand on 2nd/right screenshot...

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Well whatever Ridley's role is (please be playable), Ridlephobes seriously can't use the "not finished" excuse, given that it's the Pyrosphere stage reveal anniversary next month.

Oh I'm SURE a stage hazard would take more than a year to do, and still isn't finished at this time, even after the games have been in development for over 2 years, YEAAAAAHHHH e_e

I can understand Ridley isn't finished if he's playable, given:

• Standard and alt colours.
  • Standard and Alt moves.
  • Taunts.
  • Victory and Losing poses.
  • Possible alt costume(s).
  • Character Image (character select), character image (battle), stock/life image.
  • Trophies.
  • Idle animation.
  • Damage poses.
  • Character page (SSB4 website).
  • Character render (for SSB4 website and character images in game).
Plus possibly a whole load of other things.

A stage boss hazard would likely need less work and effort put in, and thus less time ._.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
There also is peoples who say that Sakurai teases Ridley as a boss because he could do something different or something kinda unique, so, he isn`t revealed properly...WHAT could a boss Ridley bring other than what he already did in every other game he appeared in?
And yay for an improved Ridley in SSBC - my body is ready now...

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Well another 10 or so Pyrosphere pics without Ridley. I don't care if this is the greatest boss in existance, he would've been brought up at least once.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Well whatever Ridley's role is (please be playable), Ridlephobes seriously can't use the "not finished" excuse, given that it's the Pyrosphere stage reveal anniversary next month.

Oh I'm SURE a stage hazard would take more than a year to do, and still isn't finished at this time, even after the games have been in development for over 2 years, YEAAAAAHHHH e_e

I can understand Ridley isn't finished if he's playable, given:

• Standard and alt colours.
  • Standard and Alt moves.
  • Taunts.
  • Victory and Losing poses.
  • Possible alt costume(s).
  • Character Image (character select), character image (battle), stock/life image.
  • Trophies.
  • Idle animation.
  • Damage poses.
  • Character page (SSB4 website).
  • Character render (for SSB4 website and character images in game).
Plus possibly a whole load of other things.

A stage boss hazard would likely need less work and effort put in, and thus less time ._.
I can imagine some sort of special grab like people were suggesting where Ridley drags people across the floor, taking a while to work for all the different size character models.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
I can imagine some sort of special grab like people were suggesting where Ridley drags people across the floor, taking a while to work for all the different size character models.
Jigglypuff and Sonic have grounded throws that grind rivals on the ground, how it works on them?

Last edited:

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Turns out Ultranick was trolling us to get a quick laugh at our reactions! He made a video clearing up the entire incident and revealing his true stance on Ridley (Wants him, not sure if he's in). before you all say anything, I'm pretty confident this was the original intention, as in the video, he was using our scale charts, which would be contradictory and stupid to use if he was serious.

I Kinda figured that was the case, but I'm glad the incident was cleared up

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
even if you do keep some doubt in your mind... it is harder and harder to imagine ridley being a boss considering we have... how many images of pyrosphere now? ...and not a single hint towards ridley being part of that stage.

there is NOTHING sakurai could do with a boss ridley that would make it worth this hype... the time spent hyping him up could easily be the time required to finish up a playable ridley.

getting through each day is a real pain, though... not knowing ridley's status 100% is just... maddening.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
Turns out Ultranick was trolling us to get a quick laugh at our reactions! He made a video clearing up the entire incident and revealing his true stance on Ridley (Wants him, not sure if he's in). before you all say anything, I'm pretty confident this was the original intention, as in the video, he was using our scale charts, which would be contradictory and stupid to use if he was serious.

I Kinda figured that was the case, but I'm glad the incident was cleared up
well then, looks like i gotta see his channel again. doo doo doo *going to check out his channel*

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Is there anyone that would be legitimately disappointed at the fact that Ridley is not a boss?

You know, besides detractors.
I'd be dissapointed if he wasn't a boss.
Because the only way I'd be dissapointed by that is if he was a stage itself.
I'd be fine with him as a character. =w=

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Jigglypuff and Sonic have grounded throws that grind rivals on the ground, how it works on them?
Grind on floor =/= Grind along floor

I clearly stated this
where Ridley drags people across the floor
Sonic and Jigglypuff don't require the person they grab to move, there's a massive difference

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well another 10 or so Pyrosphere pics without Ridley. I don't care if this is the greatest boss in existance, he would've been brought up at least once.
Yeah... Frankly, for Sakurai to wait so long, (when I guarantee you they know he's the most wanted newcomer in the west.) and not show any definitive proof, or even mention Ridley, there's at least something unusual going on.

Edit: Speaking of that, today I had a theory. IF he turns out to be a boss hazard (pls no.), I considered whether he'd pull an Alfonzo as playable, but even moreso, that when he's being played on the stage, there's another hazard entirely (with a different function) present?

Thoughts?

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Yeah... Frankly, for Sakurai to wait so long, (when I guarantee you they know he's the most wanted newcomer in the west.) and not show any definitive proof, or even mention Ridley, there's at least something unusual going on.
There's also the fact that one of the latest pictures randomly showed off Green Hill Zone on the 3DS. No acknowledgement whatsoever.

At this point, you'd think they wouldn't have a problem just sneaking Ridley into one picture or one bit of footage of the Pyrosphere...

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

I clearly stated this

Sonic and Jigglypuff don't require the person they grab to move, there's a massive difference
I think Sonic and Pikachu move around a bit during their Back throws, so Ridley could do that too, but only forward. 0u0

ddd87

Smash Journeyman

I clearly stated this

And I already knew the difference. The animations still require the character to be pressed against the floor by the attacker. Do theirs take into account the size of the character being thrown?

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Is there anyone that would be legitimately disappointed at the fact that Ridley is not a boss?

You know, besides detractors.
The only regret I have concerning playable Ridley is that the Norion Generator fall will never be a stage.

Though since the Ridley we're getting is a clone, mayhaps Meta Ridley will be the one to send the fighters on a ride.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
I think Sonic and Pikachu move around a bit during their Back throws, so Ridley could do that too, but only forward. 0u0
Yes but I'm NOT talking just talking about Ridley, I'm talking about Ridley AND the person he grabs

For those who don't understand what I'm trying to get at, imagine the grab Ridley does in this video, but along the ground

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Yes but I'm NOT talking just talking about Ridley, I'm talking about Ridley AND the person he grabs

For those who don't understand what I'm trying to get at, imagine the grab Ridley does in this video, but along the ground

That's what I meant, Pikachu/Sonic sommersault backwards while holding the opponent (moving both Pikachu/Sonic and the opponent from the grab position) before they throw.
And yeah, I understand what you're trying to get at, I'm just not the smartest. ;)

ddd87

Smash Journeyman

I understood you in the first post. Pyrosphere is flat, the important part of the animation is probably making sure nothing clips too badly, once that part is done, making it traslate horizontaly back and forth may not be much of a challenge. Thats why I ask how characters like Jigglypuff, Sonic, or perhaps even better, Bowser deal with the size of their targets, I don't know how it works.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I don't think it's that complicated really, Firebrand have such an atack where he literally surf while flaming the enemy and we are talking a game with amateratsu and sentinel on the roster.

majora_787

Smash Hero
The more I look at it, my issue with Roidley's face isn't the curvature of his beak. His jaws just look ridiculously thin and kind of flappy like paper. Probably the only issue I have with his design other than actual modeling issues that ran amuck now and then when it came to Roidley ever since he got to the adolescent stage.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
The more I look at it, my issue with Roidley's face isn't the curvature of his beak. His jaws just look ridiculously thin and kind of flappy like paper. Probably the only issue I have with his design other than actual modeling issues that ran amuck now and then when it came to Roidley ever since he got to the adolescent stage.
Aside from the stubby legs, this was my major gripe with the design. It seemed that one could easily snap Ridley's beak in half with little issue.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Honestly the worst part (and only bad part) about a Ridley reveal would be that no matter how awesome the end product is and how hard Sakurai and his team work, there will be a handful of detractors that claim the game is ruined by inclusion and that it doesn't work (despite their eyes showing them a working Ridley).

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Honestly the worst part (and only bad part) about a Ridley reveal would be that no matter how awesome the end product is and how hard Sakurai and his team work, there will be a handful of detractors that claim the game is ruined by inclusion and that it doesn't work (despite their eyes showing them a working Ridley).
Bah, everyone will just mock at them and call them butthurt. In fact, from a derisive point of view, it would actually be a good thing to see the opposing side getting lost in their despair and humiliate themselves as they desperately attempt (and fail) to avoid being the laughing stock of the community. :demon:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Bah, everyone will just mock at them and call them butthurt. In fact, from a derisive point of view, it would actually be a good thing to see the opposing side getting lost in their despair and humiliate themselves as they desperately attempt (and fail) to avoid being the laughing stock of the community. :demon:
Yes, let them suffer under the Cunning God of Death :demon:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Eh, I'm pretty sure they'll be given the same amount of attention as those people who dislike Little Mac, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Robin, and Lucina. As in, they'll go straight down into oblivion.

If Ridley's in, he will be here to stay until the Smash series is over.

EDIT: I was reading the Robin picture thread a while ago and noticed that most characters have "exercised" at some point with the Wii Fit Trainer in the official pictures. What would do you guys think Ridley would do with them?

Last edited:
Top Bottom