• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Honestly the worst part (and only bad part) about a Ridley reveal would be that no matter how awesome the end product is and how hard Sakurai and his team work, there will be a handful of detractors that claim the game is ruined by inclusion and that it doesn't work (despite their eyes showing them a working Ridley).
We already have people who have been making up some pretty stupid reasons why he can't be in, like because he can fly in the Metroid games which would make him OP in Smash Bros. or because Sakurai ignored people's requests to add Chrom. Can't wait to see how detractors react on Miiverse, scared my IQ or brain cell count will lower by reading their comments/posts though.

I'm personally fine with any version of Ridley, and the more commonly used version (that was used in Brawl), is starting to grow on me more, and I have confidence that Sakurai will make the right decision.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Eh, I'm pretty sure they'll be given the same amount of attention as those people who dislike Little Mac, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Robin, and Lucina. As in, they'll go straight down into oblivion.

If Ridley's in, he will be here to stay until the Smash series is over.

EDIT: I was reading the Robin picture thread a while ago and noticed that most characters have "exercised" at some point with the Wii Fit Trainer in the official pictures. What would do you guys think Ridley would do with them?
Probably be roaring at them or something because their attempts to "train"/"exercise" him he would consider "bossing around" and Ridley doesn't like to answer to anyone.

I cant wait to see stuff like this for RIdley.

but you x20
I'm assuming this brat may be just a horrible troll. But if he isn't he really needs to understand that age is irrelevant, you can be 100 years old, but if you act immaturely, then you are still just a child.

Last edited by a moderator:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
EDIT: I was reading the Robin picture thread a while ago and noticed that most characters have "exercised" at some point with the Wii Fit Trainer in the official pictures. What would do you guys think Ridley would do with them?
Chin-ups, but Ridley would cheat by just holding the bar and flying up and down. Exercise is more Roidley's thing.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
gotta wonder how some of the items would look with ridley using them... such as the super leaf or whatever its called.

or what about ridley wielding the ore club... a dragon wielding a massive stone sword-shaped club would be kinda cool.

or the drill arm.

space dragon with a drill arm.

actually, some people call him a pteradactyl, right?

...maybe we could call ridley a... space... pteragon?

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
gotta wonder how some of the items would look with ridley using them... such as the super leaf or whatever its called.

or what about ridley wielding the ore club... a dragon wielding a massive stone sword-shaped club would be kinda cool.

or the drill arm.

space dragon with a drill arm.

actually, some people call him a pteradactyl, right?

...maybe we could call ridley a... space... pteragon?
By definition, a pterosaur has a pair of wings with only one extended finger and a pair of stubby legs and no arms. Ridley can't be a pterosaur since he has a pair wings with multiple extended fingers, two long legs and a pair of arms, which makes his body more akin to that of dragons.

So Ridley can't quite be classified as a pterosaur, since the only thing that even remotely resembles one would be his head.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
By definition, a pterosaur has a pair of wings with only one extended finger and a pair of stubby legs and no arms. Ridley can't be a pterosaur since he has a pair wings with multiple extended fingers, two long legs and a pair of arms, which makes his body more akin to that of dragons.

So Ridley can't quite be classified as a pterosaur, since the only thing that even remotely resembles one would be his head.
pteragon, it is!

after getting the super leaf, he can be called a pteragoon.

best creature ever.

i think i may have lost my mind from all this speculation.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
I return from Miiverse, with surprisingly less Ridley detractors then I would expect recently. Is this a good sign, or calm before a storm I wonder?

Also, do any of you think we will get more info on pyrosphere tomorrow, perhaps if a certain someone is bound to it or not?

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
4 new members in one day? Amerzing.

I was gone when you came, but welcome, WELCOME

Let us speculate until it has lost all meaning, and then some.

I think we've been on phase 2 for a few months now
but bender... life has already lost all meaning.

we're all caught in the dream of the great space dragon...

now i will wonder if anyone will get that reference... probably not, as i am bad with references.

we need ridley... now.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
but bender... life has already lost all meaning.

we're all caught in the dream of the great space dragon...

now i will wonder if anyone will get that reference... probably not, as i am bad with references.

we need ridley... now.
I understand your pain. I've been there. It's a dark place. But I managed to get out!

You just need to find a free will unit for your free will slot. I stole one from the professor, then shot him

Also I don't know who bender is, but he sounds great. I am Super King, at your service.

Catydoll409

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Catydoll409
3DS FC
0130-1839-1312

Awie, thanks. I made this account earlier tonight because I figured 'Hey, limme join the fun of the Smash speculation!'

Also yeah, this Ridley speculation thing's been at a standstill for months.

RidleyDX

Smash Ace

I believe five now, I remember there's was one dude that had a King K Rool Avatar, said he supported both.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I believe five now, I remember there's was one dude that had a King K Rool Avatar, said he supported both.
I swear, I leave for like an hour and I miss 2 supporters... At this rate when I wake up there'' be another 5 new members. We'll just start cutting them up and sacrificing them to Sakurai, I guess. Nothing else to do. Yawwn... G'Night.

Awie, thanks. I made this account earlier tonight because I figured 'Hey, limme join the fun of the Smash speculation!'

Also yeah, this Ridley speculation thing's been at a standstill for months.
And yet, this thread is still the largest and fastest growing on the boards...I wish I knew what we talked about here xD

I created my account for the same reason. It was just for a different game, haha. I find speculation is one of the most entertaining ways to pass the time for the game to come out. Plus, you get to see how on the ball your predictions are against a lot more people than normal. Plus, you can be really rude and no one can be mad because they don't know you! but you shouldn't do that

But yeah. enjoy your stay, ^.^

Last edited:

Mistermagius

Smash Cadet
So SmashMansion on Tumblr made this... When Ridley would finally join the Smash family:

Is it bad that I laughed? xD This is just from Samus's point of view anyway. Poor Rids though

Catydoll409

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Catydoll409
3DS FC
0130-1839-1312
I swear, I leave for like an hour and I miss 2 supporters... At this rate when I wake up there'' be another 5 new members. We'll just start cutting them up and sacrificing them to Sakurai, I guess. Nothing else to do. Yawwn... G'Night.

And yet, this thread is still the largest and fastest growing on the boards...I wish I knew what we talked about here xD

I created my account for the same reason. It was just for a different game, haha. I find speculation is one of the most entertaining ways to pass the time for the game to come out. Plus, you get to see how on the ball your predictions are against a lot more people than normal. Plus, you can be really rude and no one can be mad because they don't know you! but you shouldn't do that

But yeah. enjoy your stay, ^.^
Haha, I'm sure I will. I guess I'm taking a page from my bf's book; he's all about Smash speculation, and it's gotten me interested in it as well. Speaking with you all about it is going to be interesting, to say the least. =D I'm looking forward to it.

being an asshole is not my specialty, but I do enjoy when people rage about Ridley

also anything to speed up the release of Smash is a welcomed thing

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Eh, I'm pretty sure they'll be given the same amount of attention as those people who dislike Little Mac, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Robin, and Lucina. As in, they'll go straight down into oblivion.

If Ridley's in, he will be here to stay until the Smash series is over.

Ridley about to bite her head clean off while she's demonstrating yoga techniques and and she's not looking

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, the internet would explode if Ridley got in.

It'd be the most magnificent explosion I'd witness.
The speculating community would essentially collapse in on itself and burn in a blazing inferno if Ridley was revealed. Nothing would survive the flames.

It would be glorious.

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
If Ridley doesn't get in I won't be mad, just disappointed. I'll be more excited to hear about the 2 new metroid games that were briefly discussed at E3 in an interview. Hopefully a VC version of Metroid: Zero Mission for NA Wii U will get announced since it came out in Japan like 2 weeks ago. I've never played Metroid 1 so it'll be a great new start. I've never played Metroid 2 for that matter so I hope a Metroid 2 remake comes along as well. Metroid month is where all the hype is intensifying.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Well I finally got started playing the original Metroid Prime after putting it off for the longest time, but finally going to the backlog to start beating some games. And you know, I should have been playing this game years ago, because it is pretty damn great. Also Meta-Ridley just simply looks cool as hell in that first opening bit.

As for the more related Smash Bros. inclusion of Ridley, I will be frustrated if he isn't playable due to all of the teasing that has occurred thus far. If he wasn't going to be playable then Sakurai should have just said so all the way back in August when he was hinting at a boss character in the stage, or at the absolute latest the Smash Direct where they teased him even more. That's where most of my hope lies for Ridley as a playable character is in the teasing. At this point it would seriously be a **** move for Sakurai to just say oh yeah he's a boss. And I don't want to believe that Sakurai is like that at all. Well that and various shadow analysis that continues to make me hopeful...

Catydoll409

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Catydoll409
3DS FC
0130-1839-1312
As for the more related Smash Bros. inclusion of Ridley, I will be frustrated if he isn't playable due to all of the teasing that has occurred thus far. If he wasn't going to be playable then Sakurai should have just said so all the way back in August when he was hinting at a boss character in the stage, or at the absolute latest the Smash Direct where they teased him even more. That's where most of my hope lies for Ridley as a playable character is in the teasing. At this point it would seriously be a **** move for Sakurai to just say oh yeah he's a boss. And I don't want to believe that Sakurai is like that at all. Well that and various shadow analysis that continues to make me hopeful...
thisthisthisthisthis

That's basically why I haven't jumped off the Ridley-Hype-Train yet. Because of this.

Why hype up something for THIS LONG and then have it be a fake out? Sakurai is a troll, but an asshole he is not. Or at least that's what I think.

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I don't really care about the detractors, I just want Ridley in. The day Ridley's revealed as playable, I'll be too busy being giddy and dancing like a fool for detractors to cross my mind. :estatic:

NewGuy79

Smash Journeyman
i'd rather have pizza and ice cream.

popcorn is boring.

by the way, when was it that ridley was FIRST hinted at, again?
first major hint was with his shadow in the smash brothers direct a few month back

before then we only got miivers post about character size and how smash dose not stay true to size ( which I guess would hint at Ridley...)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm saving a very special Kermit GIF for the day when Ridley and/or Mewtwo are revealed.

It will be glorious.

Top Bottom