• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

majora_787

Smash Hero
Even Meta-Kraid wasn't planned to be in a lava area. Melee is just weird sticking him behind a spinning rock over a lava pit.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well fine, Vorash it is.

I'm picturing that lava pours in over the course of the battle, and the lava starts rising and interacting with the stage, and eventually it rises to the level of the stage, and Vorash comes out and attacks, and after about a minute of this the lava goes back down.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Jagged edge? In the second pic? That is just a part of a cracked wall or pillar. Its definitely not Ridley's tail.
First pic. Left side of the hole. Near C Falcon's armpit. 99% sure it's just part of the hole but for half a second it looked like the tip of Ridley's tail if he were to be climbing back into the hole.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Vorash and Goyagma are both viable Pyrosphere bosses associated with lava. And I'm still REALLY suspicious of those tubes. There is no reason to add those for... well, no reason.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
First pic. Left side of the hole. Near C Falcon's armpit. 99% sure it's just part of the hole but for half a second it looked like the tip of Ridley's tail if he were to be climbing back into the hole.
I don't see any at all that remotely resembles Ridley's tail. I have no idea what you're looking at. :p

Yetiplays

Smash Cadet
While I'm here I might as well raise a point, as to why I think he might be playable,but I'll also do a little counter-argument against him being playable.

Going by appearances in the games Other M (Which his model will most likely be based on, that or His concept art for that game) Was on of him Smallest appearances, and yes I realized the size argument shouldn't be a thing, but some people still think it is. One of his Biggest appearances was in Brawl, he was huge in brawl. As to bring up another thing, Bowser isn't that much taller than Mario in smash, in the Mario games however, 2-3 Mario's =One Bowser. In Samus's Games depending on the game, Ridley is only 1 Samus and a Half tall, sometimes 2, but never more, except Brawl, where is was indeed around 3, maybe even 4, but as I said biggest appearance. Also it worth mentioning they could also pull at the fact that Ridley has been altered and changed so much in the series that Ridley could be playable, and Meta Ridley Could be the hazard. That wouldn't be an incredibly farfetch'd conclusion, though it is unlikely, it's plausible. Hell if they needed to, which they don't they could pull a Alfonzo. When Ridley joins the battle: *Insert other boss here takes his place*

2 more points.

Ridley didn't look like a Boss in the clip of him we saw, he wasn't attacking, he moved doing (Judging by shadows is hard but) what looked like a Jump or two, and by the clip, is seemed like he has(if playable) a float ability similar to Peach's. If he were a Boss he movement would also be a lot less Jagged, and Rough. I mean look at Yellow devil very smooth in how every animation is executed. while with Ridley he seemed a lot less smooth, unlike that of a boss.

Also I could be wrong with this but In Metroid: Other M. Was that the same Ridley, as, he Had an Adolescent Form, meaning he had been a child, but in previous games he was fully grown. Which according to the timeline shouldn't be, as Other M is second to last on the Timeline followed by Fusion which had an Adult Ridley once again. So couldn't it be so that This "New Ridley" was the Boss, and the Old Ridley is playable? *Note I haven't Finished Metroid Other M, I have beat Ridley at Pyroshere though.*

That my two cents... I'm not sure If I'm repeating whats already been said as I haven't read every single post in this thread, but thats all I had to say.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Actually, Goyagma is the perfect choice for Pyrosphere's boss.
It's stationary, so it would be perfect for beating up.

In Other M, when you kill Goyagma it drains the magma so it ties into my theory nicely.
Perhaps the lava rises to the stage level, Goyagma appears, then you have to kill him, and then the lava goes back down, and the cycle repeats.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
That my two cents... I'm not sure If I'm repeating whats already been said as I haven't read every single post in this thread, but thats all I had to say.
1260 pages in, with no news on Ridley in month - Nothing posted here relating to Ridley hasn't been gone over yet :p

Welcome to the boards, we do appreciate your input.

majora_787

Smash Hero
So guys. In the new press pictures they randomly dropped a single one of Green Hill Zone appearing without it getting any attention or reveal or anything.

I find it weird and also amusing that Ridley was totally absent from the pictures made public after the april direct. If he were deconfirmed there probably wouldn't be a problem with dropping him in one of those, right? :troll:

NewGuy79

Smash Journeyman
all right I can't take any more, i'm gona finally stop lucking and finally sign my self up for the Ridley train. for better or for worse I'm gona gulp down this sploog water like a man...hopfully

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So guys. In the new press pictures they randomly dropped a single one of Green Hill Zone appearing without it getting any attention or reveal or anything.

I find it weird and also amusing that Ridley was totally absent from the pictures made public after the april direct. If he were deconfirmed there probably wouldn't be a problem with dropping him in one of those, right? :troll:
Clearly, Ridley is TOO BIG of a character to be disconfirmed like that.

Well, either that or they're hiding something very important about Ridley.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
What if Ridley and Roidley did a fusion like in DBZ
You have to be of equal power levels to do the fusion dance.
And the original Ridley is obviously way more awesome than Roidley. :awesome:

They could use the Potarra Earrings...

but do you really want to see Ridley with earrings?

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
You have to be of equal power levels to do the fusion dance.
And the original Ridley is obviously way more awesome than Roidley. :awesome:

They could use the Potarra Earrings...

but do you really want to see Ridley with earrings?
Eh, we can just stick Roidley in the gravity chamber for awhile, let him power up some. He's already got the biceps for it xD

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I'm personally hoping for something similar to the melee intro Ridley, which I guess is like an updated model of super metroid Ridley, as it's some-what reenacting a scene from that game. The portions and size seemed well enough, maybe they'll just make it glorious and HD.

Roidley would be a little disappointing, but i'll take what I can get lol.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I guess you could call it a Metroid Fusion.
And THAT'S how we know it's a bad idea. :troll:

But anyway. Puns aside, I'm really just tired and want to see Ridley get revealed already. A year is too long, Sakurai. D: Why would you do this.

EDIT: I don't know why Roidley would be disappointing since it's extremely easy to expect and understand considering what we've gotten, and it has Other M Ridley's tail. So uh. Yeah.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I just realized that we always refer to Ridley as a purple space dragon, but how many times in both boxart and gameplay is he actually purple? Seems to me there's more times where he is any other color.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I just realized that we always refer to Ridley as a purple space dragon, but how many times in both boxart and gameplay is he actually purple? Seems to me there's more times where he is any other color.
Well...

His artwork for Metroid is blue (though there's a lot of things with the original Ridley, obviously) while his sprite is purple.
His artwork for Super Metroid is red, while his sprite is purple.

So generally, his artwork is some other color but his sprite is consistently purple-ish.

majora_787

Smash Hero
One would be awesome while the other would be only half awesome.
Twice the space pirate dragon is twice the awesome. I know I learned how to count space pirate dragons when I learned how to count.

Also I cannot believe people don't see the maliciousness behind deliberately taking one requested character and teasing them for over a year only to unveil them as a massively downgraded version of their normal role. :\

"Let's tease a fan favorite for a long time and make them unplayable AND terrible! We're such nice people :troll:" Definitely.

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
What if Ridley and Roidley did a fusion like in DBZ
Ridley's Head on Roidley's Body, Muscular but slimmer and still has that Visible Rib-cage of whatever that is on RIdley, Roidley's Tail and Ridley's eyes

Half as Smart, Twice as destructive and hungry, a lot more Self-Serving and "Blow Stuff-Up for the fun of it" kind of guy.
If something seems like a bad idea but will cause a lot of mayhem he'd do it.

Know what, he'd just be Jinx from League of Legends

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Also I cannot believe people don't see the maliciousness behind deliberately taking one requested character and teasing them for over a year only to unveil them as a massively downgraded version of their normal role. :\
Eh. It's the same thing as the difference between an offensive remark, and being offended. They're both subjective, but one is only decided by you, one is decided by everyone.

It's really easy for me to say that i'd be angry, or offended, or confused if Ridley were teased for a year, then was a boss. And I might have legitimate reason for it, when seen from my point of view.

But it's in everyone's hands to determine whether that was mean, offensive, or confusing on Sakurai's part to tease it. Lots of people just assumed boss at the direct, and won't be effected at all. Lots of others don't have any investment in the Metroid franchise whatsoever, and like smash for other reasons.

So while it might be irritating to some population of smashers, it's still a subjective assessment and therefore can't be conclusively labeled one way or the other.

Know what, he'd just be Jinx from League of Legends

I think I need a new gun, but don't tell my other guns.

She was one of the better new characters in a while. Still waiting for Ao Shin, or whatever, that dragon they teased like last year.

Last edited:

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Twice the space pirate dragon is twice the awesome. I know I learned how to count space pirate dragons when I learned how to count.

"Let's tease a fan favorite for a long time and make them unplayable AND terrible! We're such nice people :troll:" Definitely.
It could be worse. Remember what he is doing to Captain Rainbow fans :(

Top Bottom