• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Portanix

Smash Cadet
Actually I don't think his Other M appereance is that huge. A little bit smaller and he would definitely fit into Smash.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Wait...WhAT!! Is this about announcementt?
Whats appnin?!?
What did i miss?
When?
Hu?
Nintendo posted on their official SSB Facebook page that there will be "a few special surprises" at San Diego Comic Con.

There are those across the web that think there could be a newcomer announcement, but it's likely that if a character or two get announced there, they'd be (a) veteran(s).

And just my luck I get ninja'd @_@

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Now I remove the Video cause I'm cautious.
Sorry to those who didn't see it.
Don't say swears.

Swearing is not the problem. Just link and don't embed whatever it is you want to post.

I can still see the edit you made, that would still get infracted as off-topic/spam.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
You guys have forgotten, there are two Ridleys in the Super Smash Bros series, sure we saw that Ridley shadow and its being claimed that he's a boss in the game, but this guy says other wise.

Meta Ridley, what about Meta-Ridley, also keep this in mind.

Toonlink was thought to be deconfirmed because he was on this stage, but then

he became playable and that guy appears instead of him if Toonlink is being played as.

The same could be done with the two Ridleys.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
You guys have forgotten, there are two Ridleys in the Super Smash Bros series, sure we saw that Ridley shadow and its being claimed that he's a boss in the game, but this guy says other wise.

he became playable and that guy appears instead of him if Toonlink is being played as.

Or just one playable Ridley.

D

Deleted member

I think many people forget that Meta Ridley is just Ridley but revived, Roidley is his clone, though I believe Roidley is the easiest to translate in Smash

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325

There's also the fact that the Ridley seen in the Direct is the Ridley from M:OM. More specifically, the Ridley clone from M:OM. As in, not the original Ridley. So canonically there are 2 Ridleys, the clone (hinted as stage boss) and the regular (no indication whatsoever).

TeamFlareZakk

Well, @ WayfaringElf WayfaringElf that's what I meant, Meta-Ridley would replace Ridley as a boss if he's being played as, just like Toonlink and that guy on the Spirit Tracks stage.

Exactly, @ BlueBubbee BlueBubbee there are two Ridleys, Sakurai is just teasing because Ridley is his favorite character to tease with.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I think many people forget that Meta Ridley is just Ridley but revived, Roidley is his clone, though I believe Roidley is the easiest to translate in Smash
What, you have something against clones?
Clonesist.
(I personally think every Ridley in every Metroid is the same, albeit with different bodies. Clone, Cyborg, or X-Mimic, it's still Ridley.)

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
Well according to the new leak, the boss for Pyrosphere is one that we would not expect.

Also since E3, Nintendo has announced a 2D and 3D Metroid games. Anyone have guesses as to who will make them? Retro? Team Ninja? Koji Igarashi?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Many people have noted that. Not to mention the fact that there is canonically more than one Ridley in the Metroid series (the original, who became Meta Ridley, and the cloned one in Other M that went on to become Neo Ridley X). Either way, it's certainly not unheard of in Smash for numerous forms/versions of the same character to coexist despite it breaking all logic.

:mariomelee::drmario:

:linkmelee::younglinkmelee:

:rob: (Ancient Minister vs regular SSE enemy R.O.B. Squad)

And of course your example with Toon Link.

I think he was referring to the Smash-specific instance of Ridley and Meta Ridley being separate entities (after Tabuu revived them both).

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Well, @ WayfaringElf WayfaringElf that's what I meant, Meta-Ridley would replace Ridley as a boss if he's being played as, just like Toonlink and that guy on the Spirit Tracks stage.

Exactly, @ BlueBubbee BlueBubbee there are two Ridleys, Sakurai is just teasing because Ridley is his favorite character to tease with.
Except Roidley is the Ridley in the game, and Roidley has a very different proportions compared to Meta.

D

Deleted member

@The Soulless One THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! D:< Now everyone is going to think that I'm going kill them everytime they bring a ship up! And I'm not the one who killed @SmilingMad! it was the Tomahawk!

View attachment 18724
SEE????
Well MAYBE if you didn't throw around all those Assasin's Creed GIFs and Images at me in the first place, people wouldn't think you're out to kill them for wanting to ship things with Ridley. :p

View attachment 18726
"OH MY....."

Now....Back to Rids.....
Hey look guys! K. Rool and Ridley's son Rooldey is still alive!
:awesome:

Also:
I guess some people were having issues reading my moveset repost (at least what I gathered from what some were saying after I posted it) so I removed all of the in-quote spoilers so that there's not 3 empty ones before the spoiler actually containing the text.

Although there's still a random empty spoiler outside of the quote that I can't get rid of.

Anyways go back and read it on 1215 if you want, hopefully any readability problems have been resolved.

Last edited by a moderator:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Well according to the new leak, the boss for Pyrosphere is one that we would not expect.
For christs sake. I almost feel like making a leak of my own, seeing as apparently it's the raddest and hottest thing to do right now, yo.
Not believing a smidge of that, though. If you put a boss other than Ridley on Pyrosphere, you are doing it wrong.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Guys, I work directly under Sakurai. I'm not scared to loose my job either:
-Ridley is playable and has a meta ridley alt
-Marshal is the Rthym Heaven rep
-Pyrosphere's hazard is turning it's lights off.

TeamFlareZakk

-Rhythm Girl is the Rhythm Heaven rep
-Pyrosphere's hazard is Kraid.
Fixed.

I would rather have Rhythm Girl instead of Marshal whom is one of those stupid Chorus idiots, just make Chorus Men part of Rhythm Girl's move set.

Lights out, really, Angelina Love outta give you a Lights Out, I doubt that's the stage boss, it still may occur like in the Brawl stage though.

Kraid would be a good choice for stage boss confirmed because like Ridley, he too is a old enemy, and he was in Melee, so maybe its likely Kraid is returning to be a stage boss, then Ridley playable.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
-Marshal is the Rthym Heaven rep
-Pyrosphere's hazard is turning it's lights off.
Add more to this and post it all around the internet. You could become famous for "leaking" Smash Info.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Well MAYBE if you didn't throw around all those Assasin's Creed GIFs and Images at me in the first place, people wouldn't think you're out to kill them for wanting to ship things with Ridley. :p

Hey look guys! K. Rool and Ridley's son Rooldey is still alive!
:awesome:

STOP IT!

Turokman5896

Smash Lord

Also since E3, Nintendo has announced a 2D and 3D Metroid games. Anyone have guesses as to who will make them? Retro? Team Ninja? Koji Igarashi?
That leaks total seems to be total bs though. Toggling wave dash? That's just crazy.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
This may sound like a stupid question, but has Ridley ever walked in two legs before? All I can find is him standing on two legs to attack, any movement is on all fours or Flying? Which could suggest the hovering idea makes more sense
He moves around quite a bit on the ground in Other M. Skip to 5:20.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I'm not the only one that thinks Other M Ridley is the worst looking Ridley am I?
STOP HAVING AN OPINION THAT IS DIFFERENT FROM MY OWN

Nah, I actually like it. The only problem I have with the design is the feet, which are completely useless for grabbing people.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Nintendo posted on their official SSB Facebook page that there will be "a few special surprises" at San Diego Comic Con.

There are those across the web that think there could be a newcomer announcement, but it's likely that if a character or two get announced there, they'd be (a) veteran(s).

And just my luck I get ninja'd @_@
when is this comic con??!?? (sorry for being a noob..) mew2? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!

Top Bottom