• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
Guys... I just realized something.

Ridley HAS to be revealed before the CoroCoro announcement.

Its been confirmed CoroCoro is explaining how all the announced characters and stages work. This includes PYROSPHERE. I think we're getting Ridley announced August 6th.
Well to be completely honest with you, Sakurai will probably just make sure that they only briefly talk about the Pyrosphere just to make even more speculation.

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
Guys... I just realized something.

Ridley HAS to be revealed before the CoroCoro announcement.

Its been confirmed CoroCoro is explaining how all the announced characters and stages work. This includes PYROSPHERE. I think we're getting Ridley announced August 6th.
Oh $!%@. Here I thought this CoroCoro was gonna be a boring rehash, but yeah, Pyrosphere.

Well, I can actually see this being really inconclusive both ways. If he's not a stage hazard, people will argue that he *could* be an assist or something. I'd be pretty bamboozled, but it's possible. What I find to be more likely is the event where they do show a Hazaridley. Between Alfonzo and "It's a clone! Clones are already known to be in Smash!" there could still be quite a bit of hope to fuel the Ridley fire especially if they put in some specific version of him.

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
I can already imagine what Corocoro says about Pyrosphere
"This is the pyrosphere, something is hiding here" and never show any photos of the "boss"
I don't think Sakurai would let them waste the chance to hype Ridley, either there is gonna be a direct before Corocoro is launch and officially confirm/deconfirm Ridley or they will be vague about it

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
DAMNIT---... Ugh. I still think we'll get a Direct before the CoroCoro announcement.

BeakyBird

Smash Apprentice
Moveset for Ridley.
Neutral B: Grab Player. Eat Player.
Forward B: Grab Player. Burn Player. Eat Player
Up B: Jump up while grabbing player. Drag against wall. Eat Player.
Down B: Cover player in salt and pepper. Eat Player.
Ridley wins.

D

Deleted member

I guarantee Pyrosphere being a Wii U stage is part of the reason we're getting 3DS info as opposed to Wii U info (the other part being that the 3DS version will be coming out in a month's time by the time that Corocoro is out).

All a part of Sakurai's Master Plan to troll the Ridley fans until the end of time, of course.

Last edited by a moderator:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/07...-revealed-on-august-12th-on-monthly-corocoro/
This seems to be the case, false alarm everyone, Corocoro is not talking about Pyrosphere in august
No, I brought it up because I thought it was all stages, not all 3DS stages. CoroCoro is only showing off announced things, though.

On the bright side, we might hear about a Metroid 3DS stage!
No, not unless the Metroid 3DS stage is announced before hand.

EDIT: Then again, it is possible CoroCoro will announce the 3DS stage.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Nintendo's bringing Smash to Comic-Con on July 25 and 26, this actually seems like a pretty ideal place for a Ridley reveal.

I can't post the link because I don't have ten points yet, but it's on My Nintendo News.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
It said they would reveal every 3DS stage didn't it? Does that mean we will get all the starting stages? I wonder what Metroid stage will be in?

And KIRBY. I want to see some FREAKING Kirby stages!

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
You preferred Wizardglory's I believe, but this seems to be the most realistic moveset, IMO.

that neutral B attack looks really balanced imo. encouraging players to go airborn when using the move. or just have it on the ground if your close enough. i like it!

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
On the off chance that CoroCoro does show the 3DS Metroid stage, here's praying it won't be yet another generic lava stage. I cannot wait to see said 3DS Metroid stage whenever it's shown, though.

Nintendo's bringing Smash to Comic-Con on July 25 and 26, this actually seems like a pretty ideal place for a Ridley reveal.

I can't post the link because I don't have ten points yet, but it's on My Nintendo News.
Nintendo's bringing Smash to Comic-Con? Sweeeeeet. Seems a bit too early for Ridley, but we can hope, right?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It said they would reveal every 3DS stage didn't it? Does that mean we will get all the starting stages? I wonder what Metroid stage will be in?

And KIRBY. I want to see some FREAKING Kirby stages!
Mistranslation/misinterpretation, its actually just the already announced stages. They might announce new stages, but if anything, they'll just do the starting stages.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Nintendo's bringing Smash to Comic-Con? Sweeeeeet. Seems a bit too early for Ridley, but we can hope, right?
Ya, I kinda figured it would be a good place for Ridley because I don't think Comic-Con is too big in Japan (correct me if I'm wrong), thus making it ideal for Ridley's mostly North American/European support base, but ya, 3 newcomers in one month seems unlikely.

D

Deleted member

Ya, I kinda figured it would be a good place for Ridley because I don't think Comic-Con is too big in Japan (correct me if I'm wrong), thus making it ideal for Ridley's mostly North American/European support base, but ya, 3 newcomers in one month seems unlikely.
But...Anything Can Change! :troll:

Too soon...?

/off-topic. (sorry about that).

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
I'm thinking Comic-Con is going to involve some veteran reveals. I keep thinking Ness but I don't really have a reason.

I'm still banking on a Metroid-based Direct on August 6th dealing with the future of Metroid games like they were talking about at E3. Then they pull some cheesy line like "And concerning the future of Ridley..." and it cuts to a trailer.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
You ain't wrong. I'd say it's either that, or reveal Ridley alongside a Japan fan favourite. Villains trailer is a thing that could still happen.

I'm thinking Comic-Con is going to involve some veteran reveals. I keep thinking Ness but I don't really have a reason.

I'm still banking on a Metroid-based Direct on August 6th dealing with the future of Metroid games like they were talking about at E3. Then they pull some cheesy line like "And concerning the future of Ridley..." and it cuts to a trailer.
I think it's probably far too early for a Metroid-centric Direct, but I can see Metroid being talked about before Ridley is revealed, if he isn't secret or a hazard. We could even get another Smash-centric Direct to give the game some final hype now that it's nearly out.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It all depends. I could potentially see a bunch of newcomers being announced this month and next month because of how little time there is until the 3DS release. We'll have to see, though.

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
I-i-i-it was mainly a joke...guess not a very funny one, I'll try harder next time...

Yeah there was no teasing of Mewtwo prior, but what about Ridley's shadow, or Pac-Man's cloud?

As for moves that look like Water Shuriken, when he was charging it it looked a bit like blue Psychic Energy. Most people realized it wasn't BPE by the time it cut through Mario and Charizard's battle:

Not to mention that most people were blinded by the hype of Mewtwo. (KIM that that Charizard was a veteran so most people thought "yo, 2 vets").

Examples:

There's no doubt that Sakurai wanted to mess with us Mewtwo Fans (imo)

Bringing up the Greninja trailer and not showing this. :troll::troll::troll: (I joke, I joke, I kid, I kid)

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
We won't see anything Metroid related outside of Smash for a long time. The future games are pretty much in the blueprint stage at this point, if even that.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
We won't see anything Metroid related outside of Smash for a long time. The future games are pretty much in the blueprint stage at this point, if even that.
Ya, at least the series is back on track. Not too many franchises can survive something with such bad word of mouth like Other M.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I disagree. I think we'll see the first of the new games at next year's E3, if not a pure-CG trailer sooner just to announce the game.

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
It was just a thought. I mean it would hype Ridley up for smash even more and probably transition some of that hype for Ridley to some hype for these new Metroid games coming.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I wouldn't put too much stock in a Ridley reveal on August. Most people believed that we would be getting a Fire Emblem newcomer back in April, and even earlier, a DK newcomer in February to commemorate the release of Tropical Freeze.

I really want to be wrong on this, but Chorus Kids (if they're really in) have just as much a chance as Ridley to be revealed then. The first Rhythm Heaven game came out in August 2006, which means they might be the newcomers revealed instead. Also, Hyrule Warriors is set to be released this August, giving us Ridley fans even more competition to deal with.

Basically, it's not going to be that easy to think Ridley will be revealed then.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Well, I didn't think of this. So, hype music?

WE BELIEVE IN YOU RIDLEY!

No but seriously, a direct before August 6 is neat.
I'm using this as hype music.
Also, quickie comic I made since no artist took me up on that "Ridley eating Gematsu followers" thing.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I wouldn't put too much stock in a Ridley reveal on August. Most people believed that we would be getting a Fire Emblem newcomer back in April, and even earlier, a DK newcomer in February to commemorate the release of Tropical Freeze.

I really want to be wrong on this, but Chorus Kids (if they're really in) have just as much a chance as Ridley to be revealed then. The first Rhythm Heaven game came out in August 2006, which means they might be the newcomers revealed instead. Also, Hyrule Warriors is set to be released this August, giving us Ridley fans even more competition to deal with.

Basically, it's not going to be that easy to think Ridley will be revealed then.
I am still going to hope for the best even if I expect a Legend of Zelda newcomer more.

Top Bottom