• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Soooo, with Other M Samus being confirmed, how are the Ridley Supporters feeling about Other M Ridley now?

I'm personally hoping that Sakurai creates a composite character that suits his tastes best.

... Yep. Really, just saying that I hope that Sakurai doesn't just flat out use the Other M Ridley, whatever form of Ridley we see next.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It's Ridley, no matter what design he uses.

And we'll have hackz in the future, so nothing to worry about. :p

Xhampi

Smash Lord
It's maybe because i'm a very recent Ridley fan but I like the Other M design, not as much as Meta Ridley or Super Metroid Ridley but it's really one of my favorites, as long as Sakurai doesn't use Little Birdie and even less the Mystery creature I'm fine.

I still think they should use the Super Metroid design as it's Ridley's most iconic design and it would probably be a pain in the a** for Sakurai if he have to program a new Ridley design every smash game, even more when Ridley appearance change greatly sometimes.

But even then it's not impossible that he decide to choose Other M Ridley's, after all, he already do this with Zelda characters.

But since it's his latest appearance and even have already an alternate color Nintendoland's Ridley for SSB4 :troll:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I'm personally hoping that Sakurai creates a composite character that suits his tastes best.

... Yep. Really, just saying that I hope that Sakurai doesn't just flat out use the Other M Ridley, whatever form of Ridley we see next.
Probably setting yourself up for disappointment then. If Sakurai's consistent with his new design choices, I don't think he'll still use the Super Metroid style Ridley or something else while having Other M Samus.

Puppet ridley confirmed
You mean Ice Ridley confirmed.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Soooo, with Other M Samus being confirmed, how are the Ridley Supporters feeling about Other M Ridley now?
Its got to the point where i couldnt give a damn what Kind of Ridley gets in i just want him in...except little birdy evolution..thats a big No No. I rather see No Rifdley in the game in any shape form or role than Little Birdy evolution....RealTalk...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I believe we can rule out an evolution gimmick, since 3DS limitations are a concern.
Unless, of course, the remnants of Little Birdie and Hairy Lizard's data are found on the disc, in which case we'll see hordes of evolution mechanic bandwagon fans for SSB56. It would work just like in the game, guys, come on!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Other M Ridley is definitely a possibility. Given that Samus has that game's design anyway. And I wouldn't really care about a specific design too much myself either. But I personally like the Brawl design a lot. So if I had to pick, I'd go with that look. But it's not that big of a deal.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
MOM Samus should have never been a surprise to anyone. The only weird model choice was TP Link.
When it came to the topic of MOM stuff being in SSB4 before E3, many felt certain that wouldn't ever be the case because of how "a flop like that being repped in Smash at all would be such a slap in the face", for lack of better word.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
That was ignorant to begin with considering how many "flops" have been included in Smash from the start.

Fox's latest design in Smash takes heavy elements from StarFox Command which didn't sell too well, for example. And don't even get started on Sonic.

Ridley1994

Smash Cadet
Either super metroid Ridley or other m Ridley would be good design wise.I just want my Ridley-x color swap.The problem I have with Brawl Ridley's design is his eyes.They just look goofy when he faces forward.Eventhough Brawl Ridley is essentially Super Metroid's artwork brought to life that factor bugs me as much as his coloration being off.Other m Ridley has the right coloration,but a diferent look.I wouldn't complain if either design made into the game,but personally I'd prefer other m Ridley just for being a recent design.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
That was ignorant to begin with considering how many "flops" have been included in Smash from the start.

Fox's latest design in Smash takes heavy elements from StarFox Command which didn't sell too well, for example. And don't even get started on Sonic.
Well, you know how some are when it comes to the whole sales talk, but yeah.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

The Other M Ridley IS most suitable to create a fighter out however.

I'd feel kinda bad for you all though. Having to wait all this time only to get the ugliest Ridley possible playable.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Maybe particallly. But Other M Ridley is the first incaration I know of who incorperates some actual fighting moves with his claws and the like.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Wow, I missed a lot in two days.

So since I'm in the middle of FINALLY playing through Super Metroid, I felt I should mention I beat Ridley in one try. How common of thing is that?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ridley killed me a lot in my first playthrough of Super Metroid. Then again, I played it on an emulator.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I expect the worse - but hope for the best.
Honestly, this is probably the wisest outlook for now. Like, honestly, I'm still kinda doubting Ridley's chances, after the personal scarring from brawl.

AH, thought you were samusrules.
Oasis, pls. my spidey avatar has much more class. Unlike Marvel. You know it's just my own form of personal torture, too.

(is it confusing that the name is samusrules and then you see spiderman?)

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Honestly, this is probably the wisest outlook for now. Like, honestly, I'm still kinda doubting Ridley's chances, after the personal scarring from brawl.

Oasis, pls. my spidey avatar has much more class. Unlike Marvel. You know it's just my own form of personal torture, too.

(is it confusing that the name is samusrules and then you see spiderman?)
RealTalk...i do want him in alot #1 most wanted - funny/weired thing is i wasent around here or a forum kinda guy around brawl days so i didnt wish/want any char brawl didnt actually add anyone i wanted...it was a bit dissapointing but i never actualy thought about like supporting and wanting/hoping for a certain char to get in i was young i was 16/17 i just wanted the game you know?

But what was really gay is that although brawl didnt add anything char wise for me it instead took something....Mewtwo....

But i bet if i got into all of that supporting stuff i guess i defently would have supported the same chars im supporting now!

Ridley
K.Rool
(not mewtwo because ofc peepz assumed he was returning or whatever...)
Probaly Dark Samus too you know because she was hot back then and as a Ridley back up ima metroid fan!

But yh so apart of me feels like i shouldnt even care or get upset if none of my most wanted get in because i sorta wasent there from the start sorta thing...as in ''who am i to judge...''
I just arrrived on the scene by taking a shortcut so my wishes shouldnt count?

I dunno how to exactly explain it its weired...plus im alot older and in the long run ''see my signature'' gameplay & balance > Newcomers
So yh...also i might have not been around here vocally but i have played melee heavily and brawl enough to judge and imo ''opnion a sweet thing everybody and anyone can have''

Smash in the state that its in now i can say that Ridlet is needed and deserving Mewtwo is damn deserving but maybe not needed.

K.Rool is abit both i guess.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Rule 63...not even Ridley is safe. Next thing you know, people will be drawing Metroid as a woman...

Top Bottom