• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Guys, There has been one more Gameatsu Leak, which states that the final Newcommers, yet to be revealed, are:
Ridley
Dixie Kong
Chrom
Shulk
Chorus Men
Isaac

And, Mewtwo is Returning

And, To Prove it's Legitimacy, Wario will be publicly revealed by the end of next week.
Sal Romano didn't leak that, and it was already debunked this week.

We don't need something like that to believe in Ridley.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I Have only heard about it on Brawlfan1's Channel, as it was brought up in their latest discussion. I cannot prove it's legitimacy, but it's something to talk about. I'm sad that King K.Rool isn't on it........
WELL that guy must be plain stupid or didn't do their research. It originated from Tumblr, not Gematsu and just claimed to be Gematsu's tipper. They also said Wario would be revealed by Friday, and he wasn't.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
People in the RTC thread(s) have always been that way towards Ridley from the most part (even before Pyrosphere), which is partly why I stopped going/participating there after awhile, as I'd might as well be viewing the unpopular opinions thread for the "overrated" shenanigans.
People hate the Ridley thread because Ridley is popular, because Ridley threads do have some "bad" history on SWF, and because Ridley is polarizing.

People also use it to call it the worst thread in existence, not realizing the Smash 4 Boards are generally full of awful users who have no idea about anything.

(and if you don't want to be one of those people, listen to the guy I'm quoting; he's one of the best. Also, don't bring up sales... EVER!!!)

Also, Rate Their Chances threads tends to attract the worst of the worst users because of fanboyism based on characters outside of smash (which IMO doesn't matter in smash; it's all about the gameplay said character can bring). That's based on my experiences dating all the way back to 2002 on GameFAQs, lol. It gets ridiculous.

One time on SWF in 2007 I had like a bunch of the Happy Mask Salesmen jump me essentially for saying he has the smallest chance of being playable (this was before Brawl came out), lol.

Of course not all users on those threads are bad. It's just a lot of the "come and go" users who post there are bad, and there's a lottttttttttttttttttttttttt of them.

Last edited:

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
WELL that guy must be plain stupid or didn't do their research. It originated from Tumblr, not Gematsu and just claimed to be Gematsu's tipper. They also said Wario would be revealed by Friday, and he wasn't.
This was stated the week before last (July 3rd, IIRC). So Wario wasn't revealed by the end of the next (this) week.
HOPE STILL ALIVE!

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Real talk, idk who Shulk is rofl.:denzel:

Based on his looks, I almost vomited. If Ridley gets confirmed Monday I'll pre-prder smash right away. :D

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Shulk rhymes with hulk, the incredible hulk is green, shrek is also green, miiverse wants shrek, miiverse is also green, kraid is green, kraid is under ridley, Ridley confirmed.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Am I the only one who is 100% sure that Ridley is playable? I mean, if he is a boss, why show the shadow only, add this to everything we could get from the shadow and BAM playabley
I'm not 100% sure of any character except for the 3 Sal leaks, G&W, Ice Climbers, Ganondorf, Falco, Captain Falcon, Ness, Jigglypuff, and Wario. Oh, and I'm also 100% sure that both games won't be cancelled! :laugh:
I'll admit I'm not hyped whatsoever for what's likely going to be an obvious confirmation. Same deal with E3.
The only reveal I found interesting at E3 was the fact we got 3 different Mii Fighters. Everything else was obvious, although gosh darn the Pac-Man trailer was hype.

This is also similarly what I want. I don't want to see the Gematsu/Sal trio of Shulk, Chorus Men, and Chrom revealed officially. I want other characters. Yes, that includes even veterans. That's why I think a lot of us would prefer a character not set in stone, like Ridley, confirmed...

...we want actually NEW information!!! :laugh:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Shulk rhymes with hulk, the incredible hulk is green, shrek is also green, miiverse wants shrek, miiverse is also green, kraid is green, kraid is under ridley, Ridley confirmed.
Holy crap, if that's the case...

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Someone recap me on what's happened in the last 200 pages. I'm assuming something somewhat important has happened, considering the change to the thread name.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Someone recap me on what's happened in the last 200 pages. I'm assuming something somewhat important has happened, considering the change to the thread name.
@ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 made a phenomenal post on Ridley. Other than that, nothing, except a character reveal on Monday

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Going strong to the end... exactly. We're gonna be strong until the end, which is when R(o)idley is revealed.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
That's about as useful to me as a combination of an equine/mutant robot thing.

How phenomenal are we talking here?
I basically talked about practically everything I had to say on him in so much details that it became my longest post on the whole forum.

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...ong-to-the-end.324284/page-1099#post-17045763

If you want to read all, I apologize in advance for your mouse wheel. :)

Though, if you want a tl;dr, I think he's pretty likely and that was based on a logical analysis instead of evidences.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The easy answer to the size debate is "Look at Olimar, he's actually the size of a quarter" and that's totally valid but Ridley is still an enormous dragon.
How is that different=??? Just change the size but keep the same body composition, or alter the body composition a bit like Charizard, who also happens to be "an enormous dragon" (albeit a heck of a lot less interesting in every single way IMO).

Thus, it's not even an argument, and it never was.
Do you want my honest opinion as to why we haven't seen Ridley as a stage hazard yet? Honestly? Sakurai does not want to disappoint the fans. He knows that lots of people want Ridley. He knows that if he flat out announces that Ridley is a stage hazard, people will be upset. By teasing Ridley fans with the shadow and the trophy fake-out in the Smash Direct, he's giving you hope. Alas, there is no hope. Other M Ridley is a stage hazard. Done. 100%. No question.
Yes, but making your fans wait to disappoint them is a terrible long-term proposition. It's also not something Sakurai has done.

See: Ness in Brawl. He was outright "deconfirmed", and yet, afterwards, he got hints. First, Onett. Then, Lucas being different from Ness with all of his non-special attacks. Then, Lucas not being at any of the demos when all the other pre-release revealed newcomers were.

That's not to say Ridley can't be a boss or playable character or a DLC playable character, but just doing that by keeping their hype consistent on purpose and openly just to disappoint them in the end is bad. That's how you lose money and lose customer faith.

It's bad business, which, after Brawl got such negative and dividing reception (including kinda by Nintendo, hence it not being at MLG and why all of the Smash Invitational players being Melee fans and a lot of them not playing Brawl), that's not good. It also doesn't help when the WiiU is not selling that well.

It also doesn't help with Ridley probably conceptually is such a great idea. The only problem with him is that Ridley conceptually blows Charizard out of the water, which may be why Charizard is still the dark (lol Rock Smash is the dumbest attack, along with his poverty Shadow Claw). Literally it exposes Charizard for one of the worst designed characters in Smash history.

Ridley was never teased (like that) pre-Brawl. In fact, he sorta de facto deconfirmed him via mentioning Norfair as Ridley's home turf and revealing Ridley's theme remix in Brawl. Heck, the only time Ridley was kind of teased was in the Melee opening, but that was more just a showcase of the various character's history.

Still, I do agree here: I do think Other M Ridley is a stage hazard. However, I think knowing that classic Ridley has a better body composition for Smash (in terms of being unique; Charizard is very similar in build to Other M Ridley), and quite frankly was more wanted.

Thus, I conclude that Classic Ridley will almost definitely be playable.

This switcheroo would be similar to R.O.B. being a common enemy then a secret playable character at the same time.

Really, if you want a deconfirmation to settle down a fanbase, you do it the way that all the Assist Trophy characters were treated: do it directly.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
hey, when the title was changed?

I heard someone said that oasis wasn't active a lot here so... can mods change thread title?
Mods can change the title. I think the Mods changed the title and not Oasis. The mods COULD change the OP, but they want Oasis' permission before doing so.

Oh, hey guys. Six pages I had to catch up. SIX. Damnit. I love how people jump up and claim I have a biased opinion for believing Ridley is playable. I frequent this topic because I BELIEVE Ridley is playable, not because I'm a diehard Ridley fan. I do think he's cool and deserves to be playable, but I'm not a diehard Ridley fan. If anything I'm a diehard K. Rool fan. There's numerous characters I want over Ridley, but I've seen everything going on and I fully believe at this point that Ridley is playable.

That said, I would love to believe we're getting someone other than Shulk Monday, but I doubt it.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Anyone remember the Melee E3 Reveal? That showed the opening cinematic?
When Samus and Ridley were shown, everyone cheered. :dr^_^:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
How is that different=??? Just change the size but keep the same body composition, or alter the body composition a bit like Charizard, who also happens to be "an enormous dragon" (albeit a heck of a lot less interesting in every single way IMO).

It also doesn't help with Ridley probably conceptually is such a great idea. The only problem with him is that Ridley conceptually blows Charizard out of the water, which may be why Charizard is still the dark (lol Rock Smash is the dumbest attack, along with his poverty Shadow Claw). Literally it exposes Charizard for one of the worst designed characters in Smash history.
Literally it exposes Charizard for one of the worst designed characters in Smash history.

One of the worst designed characters in Smash history.

Sigh...

Normally, I would go into a fit of rage, but I can't do this right now. Besides, it would be off-topic and I don't want to reroute the Ridley thread again.

hey, when the title was changed?

I heard someone said that oasis wasn't active a lot here so... can mods change thread title?
Yes, they can. I believe IsmaR's the one who does most, if not all the thread name changes throughout its history. The only subtitle that I remember that can definitely be attributed to Oasis_S is "Obsessed with Cracks and Holes".

Man, just thinking about that title is nostalgic to the mind.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Man **** these sheisty character reveals you guys. Please don't get your hopes up for your own protections. I caught myself for a minute hoping for my fav character but I'll end up being salty and posting flame comments in this thread rofl.

PROTECT YOURSELVES!!

Reginleif

Smash Ace
I can't wait until his announcement!

His trailer will be titled "... and you thought he was too big!"

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Charizard's cool, he and Ridley are like dragon design-type brethren. Except the latter murders people, is a great tactician, sadistic, and refuses to die.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
I basically talked about practically everything I had to say on him in so much details that it became my longest post on the whole forum.

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...ong-to-the-end.324284/page-1099#post-17045763

If you want to read all, I apologize in advance for your mouse wheel. :)

Though, if you want a tl;dr, I think he's pretty likely and that was based on a logical analysis instead of evidences.
longest post huh? im sure its not that bad" clicks and scrolls down" oh....oh.."continues scrolling" OH...oh hey its shokios video..."scrolling more" OH!!! yeah thats alot :0 but i will read it all

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm trying not to predict for this reveal. Only need to make it through one more day of not predicting things. :p

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, since my post after my essay had some things that I now really wonder if it was talked here. I just want to ask some questions now. I realised stuff while typing my essay (which is weird because I was suppose to realise before but anyway).

First, isn't weird that the Shokio video was released exactly one month before August 20? I don't know what it means but (huh... why am I crazy enough to tell this?) was he aware of that video?

Second, I don't think it was talked a lot but we know that when Sakurai do a tease, he's ambiguous and make us wait while not telling anything until reveal. That's a pattern that happened more than once. We know that August 20 was a tease so I can expect him to not talk about Ridley. The problem I have is why showing the stage (and even talking)? I don't know it just makes me feel that the tease wasn't stage related which would hint to playable tease. Take that as you will but I didn't see talk about it.

I'm now wondering if the clip was a proper tease now. I think hazard wouldn't make sense logically but at the same time, most people reaction including me was that he was an hazard and was sure until I realised it was just too odd. Did he expect that we find something odd? Because due to the shokio video, I expect some to not ask any question and just remember that he's an hazard.

Humm... maybe it was a proper tease but not interpreted properly?

majora_787

Smash Hero
Well as it goes so far, every boss we have seen was explicitly shown bossing in their stage as soon as we even saw the stage for the first time on the website. Even assuming Dark Emperor is also a boss. Ridley would be the odd one out there, having not even been shown or deconfirmed almost a year later and post-tease shenanigans.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
What bothers me is the possibility that Sakurai think's we'll be hyped about Ridley being a stage boss like we were with Yellow Devil.

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
I'm trying not to predict for this reveal. Only need to make it through one more day of not predicting things. :p
This is a good mindset to have, but Iam weak, I just keep thinking "its probably Shulk, its going to be Shulk.... but what if its Ridley :awesome:"

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
I'm feeling Mondays announcement will be shulk or chrom which I could care less for either but I think Ridley will be saved for the FINAL trailer.

Top Bottom