• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Darn. Phaazoid OP disconfirmed like Waluigi. :c
Sometimes no matter how hard you try, there are some fights you should not win.

Seriously though, don't hate on Oasis, thread.

He's a true Ridley believer at heart. It's just been encrusted by rot. It happens to the best of us.

There was a lot of pain after Brawl. We all work through it in our own ways. After we finally find out Ridley's role in this game, Oasis will return to us.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Fire/Flying isn't a reptilian-like type, come back when you get the Dragon type :denzel:
But I haven't played Pokemon X/Y yet. :(

He's a true Ridley believer at heart. It's just been encrusted by rot. It happens to the best of us.

There was a lot of pain after Brawl. We all work through it in our own ways. After we finally find out Ridley's role in this game, Oasis will return to us.
I wonder if he's going to act like his avatar and pretend that he knew that it was completely obvious that Ridley was going to be playable all along.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
By the way, since we're getting a newcomer trailer on Monday, that means we're going to be seeing more footage of the game. Which means there exists the possibility that we'll see Ridley as a boss on the Pyrosphere.

I mean, I think it's really unlikely that they would decide to suddenly show Ridley in this random trailer and not during E3, but I thought it was worth mentioning. The more likely scenario is we get a newcomer trailer that shows the Pyrosphere at least once without any indication that Ridley is present.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
By the way, since we're getting a newcomer trailer on Monday, that means we're going to be seeing more footage of the game. Which means there exists the possibility that we'll see Ridley as a boss on the Pyrosphere.

I mean, I think it's really unlikely that they would decide to suddenly show Ridley in this random trailer and not during E3, but I thought it was worth mentioning. The more likely scenario is we get a newcomer trailer that shows the Pyrosphere at least once without any indication that Ridley is present.
Uh huh. Ridley being revealed as a boss in the trailer sounds just about as likely as Kracko or K. Rool getting revealed in the trailer as boss hazards (i.e. Not very likely).

Regardless of who's revealed, we're definitely getting some more footage of Pyrosphere.

D

Deleted member

Am I the only one who is 100% sure that Ridley is playable? I mean, if he is a boss, why show the shadow only, add this to everything we could get from the shadow and BAM playabley

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

The only way I can see that happening is if they want to pull a Chrom vs. Dragon thing. And it makes more sense for it to be Charizard if they wanted to do that anyways.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Miis - Sakurai thought about them for a minute during Brawl's development, and decided against it. Could not see them punching and kicking at the time. Look at Smash 4.

Villager - Passed over in Brawl for similar reasons to Miis because Sakurai couldn't conceive an AC character fighting. Wondered if he would use the axe a lot or something, but ultimately passed over. Look at Smash 4.

Pac-Man - Suggested by Miyamoto for Brawl, but Sakurai decided against it because he was assuming it would be his classic 8-bit pizza form and thought that was hard to make work. Look at Smash 4.

Ridley - While Ridley was not planned to have been in Brawl as a fighter, his requests did not fall on deaf ears with Sakurai. Sakurai spoke after Brawl's release saying adding Ridley would be "pretty impossible" unless they tried really hard to make it work, then "We may have been able to do it," but he might be a little slow. Look at Smash 4?

D

Deleted member

I actually have to agree with Sakurai's worry of his speed, when I think about Ridley, speed comes to my mind, he is always fast, even in the SSE he is capable of reaching C.Falcon's ship speed(don't know the name), but I don't have any problem to take this from him to make him playable and I guess Sakurai doesn't has too :p

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I actually have to agree with Sakurai's worry of his speed, when I think about Ridley, speed comes to my mind, he is always fast, even in the SSE he is capable of reaching C.Falcon's ship speed(don't know the name), but I don't have any problem to take this from him to make him playable and I guess Sakurai doesn't has too :p
It is the Falcon Flyer if I remember correctly...

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
If your natural flight-speed is slower than Pikachu's walk speed, you know there's something wrong.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Just took a glance at the latest RTC...

Do people legitimately hold a grudge against Ridley and his fans? Because some of their comments seem outright hostile. What exactly could make him seem "overrated" at this time?

Granted, I think K. Rool is overrated in chance, but I'm not going to say he's stupid and he sucks (because I do like him).
People in the RTC thread(s) have always been that way towards Ridley from the most part (even before Pyrosphere), which is partly why I stopped going/participating there after awhile, as I'd might as well be viewing the unpopular opinions thread for the "overrated" shenanigans.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I find it funny that 3 avatars in a row are repitilians, wait, Ridley is a reptile, this is the Ridley thread, three reptiles, Half-Life 3 confirmed!View attachment 18021
You did it in a wrong way. Divide 3 by 3, then multiply by 7, then divide by 2.5, then multiply it by 0 and add 3 - then you will get right answer. Do it while wearing ushanka, dancing Cossak Dance, testing a Japanese chainsaw in succession on tough Siberian pine, tough Siberian cedar and tough Siberian rail...wait...that is something completly different that is not related to Half-Life or Ridley in any way.

Duh. Everyone expects monday to have either Chrom or Shulk. But what if we will get a *instert name of a completly random character* instead? Will they still say that Gematsu leak is 100% true and that this was a late decision and gematsu`s source wasn`t informed of it? How can someone think that unofficial information can be 100% true or even 1% true? It could have been random.

I think it was called "Blue Falcon".

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You did it in a wrong way. Divide 3 by 3, then multiply by 7, then divide by 2.5, then multiply it by 0 and add 3 - then you will get right answer. Do it while wearing ushanka, dancing Cossak Dance, testing a Japanese chainsaw in succession on tough Siberian pine, tough Siberian cedar and tough Siberian rail...wait...that is something completly different that is not related to Half-Life or Ridley in any way.

Duh. Everyone expects monday to have either Chrom or Shulk. But what if we will get a *instert name of a completly random character* instead? Will they still say that Gematsu leak is 100% true and that this was a late decision and gematsu`s source wasn`t informed of it? How can someone think that unofficial information can be 100% true or even 1% true? It could have been random.

I think it was called "Blue Falcon".
Blue Falcon is, well, the blue ship, he has 2.
#yurmummonday to keep on topic

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
People in the RTC thread(s) have always been that way towards Ridley from the most part (even before Pyrosphere), which is partly why I stopped going/participating there after awhile, as I'd might as well be viewing the unpopular opinions thread for the "overrated" shenanigans.
When they consider people like Rosalina to be less likely than Ashley or Bandanna Dee, you know that they're not very reliable in their predictions. Groose is okay though, because he rightfully sees it as just a game.

EDIT: I left behind a little rant on my vote for the day. I would have written more, but my laptop is under repair, so I have to stick with my phone.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Don't diss the Bandana Dee! I want him as much as Ridley
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. ;) I was just using an example of someone who was absolutely certain that Rosalina didn't have a snowball's chance in hell, while simultaneously believing in someone who was of similar status in their respective franchises.

RTC seems to be a way of venting out your dislike or favoritism of certain characters.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. ;) I was just using an example of someone who was absolutely certain that Rosalina didn't have a snowball's chance in hell, while simultaneously believing in someone who was of similar status in their respective franchises.

RTC seems to be a way of venting out your dislike or favoritism of certain characters.
No worry, it's just if Kirby can murder everything in sight for a slice of cake, think of what his friends could do with a spear

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
It's called the Falcon Flyer.

If your natural flight-speed is slower than Pikachu's walk speed, you know there's something wrong.
Either that, or maybe Ridley's flight speed is managed the same way as walk speed; the further you tilt the control stick, the faster you go. Tapping the control stick may make Ridley do an air dash, which flings him in the direction the stick was tilted at, but cancels his flight and renders him helpless.

Perhaps the guy controlling Ridley in the clip is gently tilting the control stick rather than going at its max speed?

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Speaking of speed. When Ridley is on the ground and/or flies on the ground I think it would be awesome if he was a fast paced character like sonic. I always pictured him as slow because he'd be big, but I think a fast moving quick attacking Ridley would be so sick

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I honestly think Ridley should be fast and powerful.
Being probably the biggest character of them all, he's gonna be the main focus of all attention, and will just take damage after damage.
Needs the balance.

D

Deleted member

I'm starting to think Ridley will be revealed on Monday because it's unexpected, doesn't make sense and anti-climatic, something that I can see Sakurai doing it

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I'm starting to think Ridley will be revealed on Monday because it's unexpected, doesn't make sense and anti-climatic, something that I can see Sakurai doing it
Nintendo employee: "Should we reveal Ridley during August, to garner the most hype right before release?"

Sakurai: "No! That's what they'll be expecting."

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Pretty much this. Oasis isn't inactive, and despite not posting in this thread, he's a bigger Ridley supporter than many of us will ever know.

With less than 3 months to go (could be as early as Monday, at that), and while I realize a new thread would be highly received by the majority of the regulars here, creating a new thread/changing OP's solely to compound arguments/analyses/supporters lists is largely frivolous at this point. The thread serves the purpose it's supposed to, act as a place to discuss Ridley and his possible inclusion (or exclusion) in Super Smash Bros 4 as playable. For all the big deal most people make it, detractors are NOT the worst thing to ever grace the Internet/this series, least of all this site/thread. People have opinions that will or won't be swayed. Sending them to an almighty/shiny new OP isn't going to "squash" all of their counterpoints/suddenly make them go 180 on their views. It irks me just as much as it does the rest of you, but we're stuck playing the waiting game either way.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
It would be nice for Ridley to be announced on Monday, but it'll probably be one of those Gematsu Leak characters. Shulk and Chrom are predictable, (the latter a boring blue-haired swordsmen, like the other Fire Emblem reps), whereas Chorus Kids are rather random and not hype worthy (plus a waste of the video, I can see them hidden unlockables though). Ridley being announced would blow people away, and at the same time cause two forms of reactions across the internet. Please Sakurai, announce playable Ridley. Please? :(

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Nintendo employee: "Should we reveal Ridley during August, to garner the most hype right before release?"

Sakurai: "No! That's what they'll be expecting."
After wasting the chance to reveal Pacman at the end of the tournament just to reveal him right afterward at the round table, I would not even be surprised....

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
After waisting the chance to reveal Pacman at the end of the tournament just to reveal him right afterward at the round table, I would not even be surprised....
I thought Mii would be announced at the end of the Invitational.
I nailed Pac-Man and Palutena's reveal appearances, though.
I'm magical.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'll admit I'm not hyped whatsoever for what's likely going to be an obvious confirmation. Same deal with E3.

Ridley's probably the only (newcomer) character that could change that, but even then, I'll on my way to work when the stream starts.

(on that note, you guys better behave lest the hype not be the only thing that dies/gets locked)

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I'll admit I'm not hyped whatsoever for what's likely going to be an obvious confirmation. Same deal with E3.

Ridley's probably the only (newcomer) character that could change that, but even then, I'll on my way to work when the stream starts.

(on that note, you guys better behave lest the hype not be the only thing that dies/gets locked)
If Ridley is revealed, the hype will be bigger than the mods can handle. Character Discussion forum? More like Ridley discussion forum.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Guys, There has been one more Gameatsu Leak, which states that the final Newcommers, yet to be revealed, are:
Ridley
Dixie Kong
Chrom
Shulk
Chorus Men
Isaac

And, Mewtwo is Returning

And, To Prove it's Legitimacy, Wario will be publicly revealed by the end of next week.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Guys, There has been one more Gameatsu Leak, which states that the final Newcommers, yet to be revealed, are:
Ridley
Dixie Kong
Chrom
Shulk
Chorus Men
Isaac
Wasn't that debunked? Until I see it on gematsu, I don't believe.

fill

20EggsEggs
Ridley
Dixie Kong
Chrom
Shulk
Chorus Men
Isaac

And, Mewtwo is Returning

And, To Prove it's Legitimacy, Wario will be publicly revealed by the end of next week.
thats the kinda post that sends this thread into warp speed

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I claim all leaks as bull crap due to the fact that the ruin suprises. Even if they are legit, they aren't legit.

Top Bottom