• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
A personality for killing stuff. NOT FOR FALLING IN LOVE AND HAVING INTELLIGENT CONVERSATIONS WITH SMASH CHARACTERS HE WANTS TO KILL
You do know that Ridley is actually really Intelligent, right? He does what he wants.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Is Shulk really that popular? I kinda figured that the main base for Shulk support was in Japan, and that the overseas fanbase just took it as seeing he has a shot. Xenoblade, from what I've heard, only had a limited release in North America and was only found in one retail store (which sold it for an outrageous price), limiting the potential audience for that game.

I think people are greatly exaggerating Shulk's popularity in the Nintendo fanbase.
Then again, the only reason the game got released in North America at all is because fans were demanding for it and two other JRPGs to be released here as well. See Operation Rainfall for further reference.

So yeah, with all the praise it got despite the overall lack of sales (due to it being rather limited), you can see why Xenoblade is so beloved by many.

Anyway, like I said, I think it'd be neat if Shulk were to use his vision power to foreshadow the unlockable newcomers in the game (hopefully it includes Ridley).

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Then again, the only reason the game got released in North America at all is because fans were demanding for it and two other JRPGs to be released here as well. See Operation Rainfall for further reference.

So yeah, with all the praise it got despite the overall lack of sales (due to it being rather limited), you can see why Xenoblade is so beloved by many.

Anyway, like I said, I think it'd be neat if Shulk were to use his vision power to foreshadow the unlockable newcomers in the game (hopefully it includes Ridley).
And then the detractors would say, "We saw another silhouette of him, and this time it was in Shulk's trailer! He's as good as disconfirmed, like Tom Nook and Doc Louis! Playable character? Give me a break, he's a stage hazard."

I'll never understand why those people would think Dark Pit is all but confirmed to be playable, and yet Ridley is casually dismissed.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I wouldn't mind if Hades AND Ridley were announced together. They are both cunning gods of death.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

With him helping Snake destroying Metal Gears at the beginning. First minute ; Snake fighting Metal Gears, then Shulk gets in ; thirty seconds later, gameplay for one minute.
Last thirty seconds, Shulk slaps the hand of Snake, and just before slapping his hand, everything becomes blue, he turns his head only to see the shadows of Ridley, King K. Rool, Ghirahim and Bandana Dee. With the former screaming, leading the villains. No music, just a silence with more meanings than an orchestra. And it ends with "Coming soon." Mind blown.

Am I stupid ? Add Mewtwo and Hades (former counting as veteran). Mach rider and Isaac not hinted but still in ; you have my dream roster.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That would be one reason for me to like Shulk's reveal

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
With him helping Snake destroying Metal Gears at the beginning. First minute ; Snake fighting Metal Gears, then Shulk gets in ; thirty seconds later, gameplay for one minute.
Last thirty seconds, Shulk slaps the hand of Snake, and just before slapping his hand, everything becomes blue, he turns his head only to see the shadows of Ridley, King K. Rool, Ghirahim and Bandana Dee. With the former screaming, leading the villains. No music, just a silence with more meanings than an orchestra. And it ends with "Coming soon." Mind blown.
You forgot the part where he's supposed to murder Snake because Snake is as good as gone :troll:. The rest is good.

In all seriousness, I would like to see Mewtwo in with Ridley and the rest (even though he technically is a veteran). A lot of people consider Mewtwo a villain because of the movies, when in the games he isn't villain nor hero... This would also be a good way to tease Ganondorf, though I'd be fine with it just being newcomers.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
A villains trailer would be cool, it would have: Bowser, Ganondorf, Mewtwo (okay not technically a villain, but kinda is based on the first movie), Wario, Dedede, Wolf (if he's back), King K. Rool, and the star of the show: Ridley. All these guys go up against Mario, Link, Pikachu, Pit (no-one else I can think of against Wario, and I doubt we'd get a Kid Icarus villain), Kirby, Fox, Donkey Kong, and most importantly Samus. Sadly though, I doubt this'll happen, but if Ridley's playable, his reveal trailer must definitely have Samus in it. If it pays homage to the Brawl SSE scene (Samus and Pikachu against Ridley), that would get bonus points.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
It's like it just shows Shulk getting summoned from an Assist Trophy in Ridley's Trailer. :troll:

JohnathanACE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JohnathanACE
3DS FC
0946-2312-2428
Oh, so does that mean we're only getting the characters listed by Gematsu?

What a pity. We'll have to say goodbye to all the veterans. Gematsu never mentioned them, so I'm afraid they must all be cut. Rosalina as well. Though we may get one of Ness or Lucas, at least.
Don't forget there is always the possibility of secret characters on the disk that we will find out about on release and seeing as how things are going it might be our last hope for Ridley and any other newcomers/veterans we want.

Last edited:

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Awww, man. What if there IS a villains reveal trailer, akin to the ones thought of by people here, but... the trailer is cut into segments that each work on their own without having it seem like there were parts before and after it, and when you unlock them all you can view the full thing? Highly unlikely, but that'd be cool.

Maybe not as cool as individual trailers, but still!

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman

Am I stupid ? Add Mewtwo and Hades (former counting as veteran). Mach rider and Isaac not hinted but still in ; you have my dream roster.
That Would be Epic. The way I see it is like this:

The Smash logo is cut, and then goes up in flames. we start in a shadowy, metal area. the lights begin to flash on, one by one, until it reaches a large mech, which activates, and begins destroying a ton of stuff. at this point, an orchestral remix of Encounter is heard. we cut to one final light flashing on, and see Snake (Snake Kept You Waiting!) chilling up against a wall, watching the carnage, before he pulls a grenade and aims it at the mech. however, this fails, and the mech soon begins rushing towards Snake. before it can smash it's arm into Snake, however, a blue energy blade slices the arm off, and the swords user lands in the shadows. as Snake glaces at him, The God-Slaying Sword begins playing, and Shulk steps into the light, holding up the Monado (Shulk Gears up!)

Cue Montage of Shulk Gameplay. You Will Know Our Names plays in the background

at the end, Shulk and Snake shake hands, but Shulk soon gets a vision of the future, seeing the Pyrosphere, and a closeup of that hole, from which a blast of fire erupts.....

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
That Would be Epic. The way I see it is like this:

The Smash logo is cut, and then goes up in flames. we start in a shadowy, metal area. the lights begin to flash on, one by one, until it reaches a large mech, which activates, and begins destroying a ton of stuff. at this point, an orchestral remix of Encounter is heard. we cut to one final light flashing on, and see Snake (Snake Kept You Waiting!) chilling up against a wall, watching the carnage, before he pulls a grenade and aims it at the mech. however, this fails, and the mech soon begins rushing towards Snake. before it can smash it's arm into Snake, however, a blue energy blade slices the arm off, and the swords user lands in the shadows. as Snake glaces at him, The God-Slaying Sword begins playing, and Shulk steps into the light, holding up the Monado (Shulk............doesn't have much to go off of when making these taglines...)

Cue Montage of Shulk Gameplay. You Will Know Our Names plays in the background

at the end, Shulk and Snake shake hands, but Shulk soon gets a vision of the future, seeing the Pyrosphere, and a closeup of that hole, from which a blast of fire erupts.....
Naughty Naughty, hasn't your mother ever taught you not to trust Sakurai?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
inb4 the character is just revealed at the very beginning, then just 2 minutes and 59 seconds of black screen. It's just like for one second;
"...It's Shulk."
just appears on screen as like small white text, then just black screen for the rest of the trailer.
Nailed it.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Or Sakurai is going to say at the end of the trailer: "I put out the gematsu leak myself, hush children, it is fake. You may rest peacefully now."

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Naughty Naughty, hasn't your mother ever taught you not to trust Sakurai?
it's just a hypothetical Shulk trailer. it doesn't matter when it happens (unless Ridley were to be announced before him.......)

Besides, my Mother has no clue who Sakurai is

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Or it could be at the beginning, 5 silhouettes appear on a mountain (Shulk, Chrom, and Chorus Men), then suddenly something fast approaches and bashes them off (you see one of those classic storm cloud things used in anime when something blasts the ground). That thing that knocked them over comes to the screen, its eyes glow yellow, and is revealed *BAM* RIDLEY: KNOCKS DOWN THE COMPETITION (literally). If only... if only...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Pac-Man's line was:
Pac-Man hungers for battle!
So they can use: "Ridley eats the competition!"

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Or it could be at the beginning, 6 silhouettes appear on a mountain (Shulk, Chrom, and Chorus Men), then suddenly something fast approaches and bashes them off (you see one of those classic storm cloud things used in anime when something blasts the ground). That thing that knocked them over comes to the screen, its eyes glow yellow, and is revealed *BAM* RIDLEY: KNOCKS DOWN THE COMPETITION (literally). If only... if only...
6 Silhouettes?

D

Deleted member

I find it funny that 3 avatars in a row are repitilians, wait, Ridley is a reptile, this is the Ridley thread, three reptiles, Half-Life 3 confirmed!
Dragons.png

Top Bottom