• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Someone in /r/smashbros posted about some news Sakurai made on Miiverse

Original:

Google translate:

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

Original:

Google translate:
Hmm. They'll probably have the same stages we had in the Demo, so we wouldn't need to worry about Pyrosphere.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman

Original:

Google translate:
I Believe that was Posted only on the Japanese Director's Room community. he would've Posted it worldwide if it were to amount to a new character. It sounds like what the Treehouse did during E3- just a stream of Gameplay from the demo

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I Believe that was Posted only on the Japanese Director's Room community. he would've Posted it worldwide if it were to amount to a new character. It sounds like what the Treehouse did during E3- just a stream of Gameplay from the demo
Yep it is legit. So, is Smash Boards going to hype this up?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Model used for Ridley is Other M one (or at least looks like it) in SSB WiiU - look at that part of the direct again and you will notice Roidley`s tail spike.

Yes it is Roidley. Your avi looks better.
:3 Thanks....it is a really old drawing from the 1st quarter of University...and one of my Ridley projects that got a 10/10 + 1 "score"....I'm really proud of it, and even if it sufered a little bit of damage, the drawing itself is still intact.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Nah, I think its just Japan finally getting a chance to play the game.

EDIT: The Ridley detractors on that GameExplain video are REALLY pissing me off. I want to respond but I realize I shouldn't. I stopped commenting on Ridley because whenever I do people flame the **** out of me for thinking Ridley is playable.

Last edited:

Juiceball

Smash Rookie
NNID
Juiceball
I've wanted to ask, do you think the detractors themselves could influence Sakurai's decisions regarding Ridley's playability? I'm sure Sakurai is aware of those who don't want him

D

Deleted member

*comes back*
*sees I lost page 1000*
*cries in corner*
(I still have the lucky page though)
Btw, did @ IsmaR IsmaR locked the thread just to get the first post of page 1000?

majora_787

Smash Hero
Nah, I think its just Japan finally getting a chance to play the game.

EDIT: The Ridley detractors on that GameExplain video are REALLY pissing me off. I want to respond but I realize I shouldn't. I stopped commenting on Ridley because whenever I do people flame the **** out of me for knowing Ridley is playable.
:awesome:

Jokes aside, yeh. It's basically like the only "okay" way to be a Metroid fan is to literally never talk about it in public. Ever. At any time. Except for this thread, I guess. And then everywhere else you pretend Metroid is the crappiest thing to exist that should never get any characters in Smash Bros.

And even then people probably come here just to fingerprint people as Ridley supporters and look out for them on other websites.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Hatred is a cycle. A cycle much easier to break than the cycle of ignorance, or the water cycle. In fact, if anyone has any information on how to stop the water cycle, pm me, it's a very difficult problem.
@ Snagrio Snagrio get over here.

Congrats on your premium though dude.

Question: What do you all think Ridley's victory and defeat poses should be?

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Is that legitimate? And further along, does it really mean anything will come of it in general?
AFAIK, whenever Sakurai posts about an event on Miiverse, we end up with a Newcomer.

But really this would just scream Shulk if there was one. Japanese-only Miiverse post for Japan's first hands-on event with the game. Xenoblade was Japan's game through and through and America had to fight tooth and nail to get it.

Don't expect Ridley from this.

Last edited:

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
AFAIK, whenever Sakurai posts about an event on Miiverse, we end up with a Newcomer.

But really this would just scream Shulk if there was one. Japanese-only Miiverse post for Japan's first hands-on event with the game. Xenoblade was Japan's game through and through and America had to fight tooth and nail to get it.

Don't expect Ridley from this.

My money's on August if Ridley does get revealed as playable before the Japanese release, makes too much sense

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Question: What do you all think Ridley's victory and defeat poses should be?
Lose: claps while looking away and moving his tail like in Metroid Fusion, but faster.
Win: stomps, then roars like he does in Metroid Other M
I've wanted to ask, do you think the detractors themselves could influence Sakurai's decisions regarding Ridley's playability? I'm sure Sakurai is aware of those who don't want him
Only if Ridley supporters could. If he will listen to detractors, then he will have to listen to us too. And there is more supporters than detractors, but detractors are a lot louder.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
:awesome:

Jokes aside, yeh. It's basically like the only "okay" way to be a Metroid fan is to literally never talk about it in public. Ever. At any time. Except for this thread, I guess. And then everywhere else you pretend Metroid is the crappiest thing to exist that should never get any characters in Smash Bros.

And even then people probably come here just to fingerprint people as Ridley supporters and look out for them on other websites.
I'm... not a MAJOR Metroid fan, honestly. I kinda like Ridley, and I think he deserves to be playable. I just THINK he's playable. I even clarify every time "I'm not a Ridley fanboy. I just think all the evidence points to him being playable."

Super Metroid was kinda fun, but I had to follow a guide to clear the game. I'd have never been able to beat it without a guide. :p

My money's on August if Ridley does get revealed as playable before the Japanese release, makes too much sense
Agreed. August is the best bet for Ridley being announced.

Heh, interesting, this topic is getting far less spam now. ^^

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
I seriously don't think Sakurai takes anti-playable bases into account. It doesn't make sense to look at that by itself. What he looks at is how important the character is, what they can do, and how much people want them playable. Which tbth is the best way to handle it, even if it leaves people without SOME of their favorites for one reason or another.

Someone DID come in here trying to say Sakurai is NOT adding Ridley to appease the anti-Ridley fanbase, but that's a crock of something if I've ever heard it.

EDIT: Well it's like I said. You don't need to play a lot of Metroid to know Ridley's detail. You REALLY do not need to dig deep at all to see how important he is.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Lose: claps while looking away and moving his tail like in Metroid Fusion, but faster.
Win: stomps, then roars like he does in Metroid Other M

Only if Ridley supporters could. If he will listen to detractors, then he will have to listen to us too. And there is more supporters than detractors, but detractors are a lot louder.
I would love if his losing pose was this...

SCAN0214.JPG

but, since it is a Nintendo game....is not possible.... :/

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I seriously don't think Sakurai takes anti-playable bases into account. It doesn't make sense to look at that by itself. What he looks at is how important the character is, what they can do, and how much people want them playable. Which tbth is the best way to handle it, even if it leaves people without SOME of their favorites for one reason or another.

Someone DID come in here trying to say Sakurai is NOT adding Ridley to appease the anti-Ridley fanbase, but that's a crock of something if I've ever heard it.

EDIT: Well it's like I said. You don't need to play a lot of Metroid to know Ridley's detail. You REALLY do not need to dig deep at all to see how important he is.
That's complete and total BS. Sakurai isn't going to skip out on a character because of how hated he/she is. Take a look at Pac-Man. Just as many detractors as their were fans. Sonic didn't get the best reception from non-Sonic fans, either.

You just take a quick look at Metroid and you can easily find how important Ridley is to the series. Hell, you can figure it out just from Smash Bros. What's the one Metroid villain who is always referenced and appears in EVERY game? Not Mother Brain, not Kraid, but Ridley.

Also, some idiot tried to say that Ridley had no personality and would be a clone of Charizard and shouldn't be in the game. ****ing BS.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I finally committed, guys.

took the plunge.

Changin' my username to match the one I actually use places.

I shall keep my avatar to prevent confusion, because no matter what my username, I know that deep down, you all know I am really just Super King, a hero with all the powers of super man combined with all the powers of a knig.

And uh, to the individuals who are responding to raging and trolling by raging and trolling, don't. That goes bad places. There's a reason that pre brawl there were like 4 Ridley threads, and then a ban on Ridley threads. Hatred is a cycle. A cycle much easier to break than the cycle of ignorance, or the water cycle. In fact, if anyone has any information on how to stop the water cycle, pm me, it's a very difficult problem.
FOOL! Only I can use that word!

D

Deleted member

If Sakurai took into consideration the anti-characters fanbases, we would never have Jigglypuff, Pichu, ROB, Wolf, etc etc

majora_787

Smash Hero
If Sakurai took into consideration the anti-characters fanbases, we would never have Jigglypuff, Pichu, ROB, Wolf, etc etc
It's really just an awful way to go about game design to accommodate the malicious members of the community specifically and purposely.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Wolf? What are you talking about? Wolf is extremely popular and I don't think he's really got any sort of hate base at all. Before Melee Wolf was far more popular than Falco, and was intended to be in before Falco anyway, but Wolf was cut due to looking like a literally Fox clone. I can buy the rest, though.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Then we would have no one...except for Mario...maybe...
I would love if his losing pose was this...

View attachment 17138
but, since it is a Nintendo game....is not possible.... :/
That would be funny. If hacking will be possible, then someone should try to do that. At least in Brawl.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Wolf? What are you talking about? Wolf is extremely popular and I don't think he's really got any sort of hate base at all. Before Melee Wolf was far more popular than Falco, and was intended to be in before Falco anyway, but Wolf was cut due to looking like a literally Fox clone. I can buy the rest, though.
And it's apparent that the Smash team values Wolf more than Falco at this point. Because they don't literally market to hatebases. Which is why Ridley has so much hope.

How much do you guys want to be Ridley will be a top cut for the next like three Smash games

D

Deleted member

As far as I've heard, there was a big Wolf fanbase during Brawl because of the Krystal supporters

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
As far as I've heard, there was a big Wolf fanbase during Brawl because of the Krystal supporters
I suppose that makes sense.

Anyway, yeah, I don't see how hatebases will affect anything. I'd say Wolf has a higher chance of getting in over Falco at this point, and Ridley I'm positive is in anyway. The haters just piss me off. Someone on that GameExplain video said he never wanted to see Ridley playable just to shove it in the Ridley fans' faces. This is ASININE. Some people are complete and total assholes.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Pretty sure Mario has some haters too. Heck if Sakurai tried to make it so there wasn't a character that had detractors the game would have no roster. :rolleyes:
People already think having 12 special moves is what results in a ban from use in online mode, so the entire roster is already nonexistant in online mode. :troll:

Smash fans are so wacky sometimes. I can't help but make the face in my avatar sometimes.

Top Bottom