• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rescue for PAL-smashers - Freeloader for Wii! *Bad news folks*

Lucas_User

Smash Journeyman
Yes, it indeed sucks for you UK players.

It's okay though, I'm sure you can wait nine days. (:

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman
Yes, it indeed sucks for you UK players.

It's okay though, I'm sure you can wait nine days. (:
And give them even more of my money? Brawl doesn't cost just 47 dollaz here in Europe.
I think I'd rather get an SD Card, a reader, and install the Homebrew channel with Gecko Region Free. They're already making a workaround for the Twilight Hack.

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
Good game edds, shame you couldn't stick around to play doubles with that guy for your friends list.

Anybody online now?

I'm up for some games, I'm boredski. =D

Edds

Smash Ace
wanted a 1on1 with rjp then it turned teams. i went on accept thinking it was the new guy i just added. sorry maybe some other time. teams are sort of hard to setup

Foshy

Smash Apprentice
And give them even more of my money? Brawl doesn't cost just 47 dollaz here in Europe.
I think I'd rather get an SD Card, a reader, and install the Homebrew channel with Gecko Region Free. They're already making a workaround for the Twilight Hack.
Sadly, Gecko-RF doesnt work with Brawl :( They made a new version though, Gecko OS, maybe this one works. I'll try it either today or tomorrow and then i'll tell you.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
So many people fell for the update D:
Oh noz.
Not a lot of people online these days.

Saw faith online. Not saw him/her on in ageeeees x]

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I'd like to ask all Europeans that got a Freeloader, how bad is lag against Americans in 'With Friends?'

I'm really lookin forward to that, so I'd love to know your experiences with it.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
I'd like to ask all Europeans that got a Freeloader, how bad is lag against Americans in 'With Friends?'

I'm really lookin forward to that, so I'd love to know your experiences with it.

ABSOLUTELY HORRID.

Which is why im just going to get the PAL copy of Brawl soon :]

And yeah, sucks for the people who updated. People DID get warned though :/

:034:

Smash Hero

Fully depends on your own connection. I have mostly no trouble against playing Americans and I have a pretty good connection. Just remember to not use an HDTV, turn any downloads off, etc.

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman

I have usually no choppy frames but a sizable bit of input delay. The amount varies.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Wait, a bunch of people got their Freeloader killed by a firmware update? Huh. Dang. Am I glad that I decided to wait for the official release.
Yay, German Pokemon Trainer.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Suppose it's not too bad for the people that were bricked.
The EU release is only a couple of days off ^^

:034:

Smash Hero
Man, I avoided the updates and everything, I wake up this morning to play Brawl and there's a SCRATCH on my Freeloader. Say goodbye to your Brawl and 75 euros. *shakes fist*

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman
Wait, a bunch of people got their Freeloader killed by a firmware update? Huh. Dang. Am I glad that I decided to wait for the official release.
Yay, German Pokemon Trainer.
Pikachu: Hey dude, you've lost something.
PT: Heh?
Pikachu: DAS KRIEG

Word is you could get arrested for that in Germany xD

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Has anyone heard anything about an update on the PAL brawldisc? or any gameplay differences at all(more then language)?

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I bet Diembrandon will say that Marth is nerfed or L-Cancelling is back in or something.
Speaking of Which, I haven't seen Diem ever since he made the NA update thread.

But no, that would desynch the online mode.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Oh, I bet Diembrandon will say that Marth is nerfed or L-Cancelling is back in or something.
Speaking of Which, I haven't seen Diem ever since he made the NA update thread.

But no, that would desynch the online mode.
well, it wouldn´t, for example in Metroid prime: Hunters the "first stage" combat hall has some differences between US and PAL version(might be *** though) where you can climb up a wall in the non palversion, were it was nothing to stand on in PAL, but when you play on wifi you can still get the other version of the stage and climb up the wall...

To not mention the first D/P versions in japan's sleep effect changes...

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...that means you'd download the other version each time you would play other regions?
As long as both sides have the same effect, it's fine.I don't want to use a whoever who's more nerfed than my opponent.

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Good I didn't update. ¬¬

Guess I'll try to skip all updates with my Freeloader disc.

BTW Toast, why did I see 2 Toasts in that game I played with you lol? 1 was named ToasT and other was TOAST.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
LOL Xtreme.
The Wiimote that connected to my Classic Controller died xD
So I tried another one and it brought in a 4th player. So I used that controller for 1 battle. I tried to exit with the 4th player remote, but I exited both xP

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes it works in between regions, but not very often. You'll probably have to friggen unlock everything again. Good thing Ganondorf doesn't require much work, but Lucario or Snake..

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
I'm not worried about unlocking characters I'm worried about doing stuff like complete Boss battles on intense and such.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Haha. Was good to Brawl with you again Xtreme. Haven't Brawled you in ageeees x]

Luckily, I haven't done much of single player on the US Brawl, so I'll be fine if the safe files don't work xP

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
What're you guys gonna do with your US copies of Brawl?

I doubt they'll sell in England, what with the update and all.

Reckon they could go on Ebay Usa?

RupeeClock

Smash Ace
Just so you guys know, if you updated your wii and broke your freeloader, there's still a way to play brawl.

The twilight hack was fixed to work on 3.3, and then you can install the homebrew channel.

From the homebrew channel you can run Gecko OS, which works with import brawl on PAL wiis.

Only thing to keep in mind is that this has a date/time bug, meaning your wii thinks it's 12:00 at the beginning of 2000, a mild inconvenience for your stages, replays and snapshots.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Game is great, going through Subspace.

I'll update later tonight with FC, I tried 'With Anyone' and it wasn't as bad as I had feared.

EDIT: Let me know if you add me and I'll do likewise.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Well guys, got EU Brawl.

New FC is 0044-4287-2700

PM if you're gonna add.
Would be nice to have everyone I had here on my previous friend roster on my new Friend roster ^^

Ganon875

Smash Cadet
Man, I haven't been here in ages I guess... I didn't update my Wii since I got the freeloader, but I'm going to do the update tomorrow and get the PAL version of Brawl. I guess the save file doesn't work with the PAL version? And the update on the PAL brawl disc: it does no harm to the Wii itself if you have the NTSC update from the brawl disc installed, or does it?
I'll be adding all of you when I get my new copy tomorrow and I'll post my FC then. :lick:

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman
-You'll have to make a new save file (delete the NTSC one first as there's no telling which is which)
-The updates won't be any harm.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Sorry about rejecting you there btw Xtreme ^^
Wanted a little 1v1 with someone.

You can join now though x]

Top Bottom