• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rescue for PAL-smashers - Freeloader for Wii! *Bad news folks*

Faith

Smash Apprentice
I don't mind waiting the extra week or 2 for the freeloader or game to come in. We're going to play this game for the coming YEARS so what's a week or 2 compared to that.

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
I don't mind waiting the extra week or 2 for the freeloader or game to come in. We're going to play this game for the coming YEARS so what's a week or 2 compared to that.
i do agree, but you have to admit, you would rather start playing brawl tonight instead of in god knows how long rite?

LLDL

Smash Hero
here's too hoping nintendo won't disable it with their updates :)
Don't worry, Nintendo said that the last time it happend, it was a coincidence that their update disabled the freeloader, and that they don't mind region free software,

kooky

Smash Cadet
As soon as a PAL-Wii owner gets his copy of brawl and the freeloader, can you please post your experience here? I want to buy freeloader and import brawl, but i want to know if there are any issues (like graphic bugs, no wi-fi...) and i want to know whether there are any saving issues (with gamecube freeloader a NTSC save data deleted all PAL data on your memory card, so maybe you can't save NTSC brawl data on you're PAL wii).
I would be very pleased if someone answers these questions. Thanks in advance!

Skepsis

Smash Rookie
Is anyone else getting really, really worried by all the reports of Brawl not working? Some people say it needs an update (which apparently comes on the disc) in order to run, other people are saying that dirty Wii's might not be able to play it. My Wii's disc drive died two months ago and Nintendo replaced it for me, so I doubt the second issue will effect me, but the first issue could potentially screw over every PAL gamer who bought US Brawl and the Freeloader. I really hope this all works out.

Also, what's this "double booting" you guys were talking about? I read the description of it but I don't see how it would fix any potential problems...

TetraMaster

Smash Rookie
Hey chrisking, I ordered my brawl from the-game-haven as well and he told me 2-3 weeks for delivery time.

Sucks to be us :(

MrSilver

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also, what's this "double booting" you guys were talking about? I read the description of it but I don't see how it would fix any potential problems...
Normally the Freeloader blocks any updates a disk might try to run to prevent it bricking your Wii. In order to allow updates that won't brick your Wii but are needed to play you deactivate the update block by dual booting the Freeloader. However, since I haven't heard from anyone who tried Brawl with a Freeloader right now it's anyone's guess if Brawl requires any updates to run and if those updates brick your Wii, so we'll have to wait and see wether dual booting will even be needed.

and i want to know whether there are any saving issues (with gamecube freeloader a NTSC save data deleted all PAL data on your memory card, so maybe you can't save NTSC brawl data on you're PAL wii).
That's simply not true, I had tons of PAL and NTSC save data on the same memory card. I even had PAL and NTSC data for the same game on a memory card without any problems. The only incompatibility with saves was having Japanese save files on the same card because it used a different character set and hence would have to format your memory card. But European and US games went together just fine.

As for my orders, codejunkies still hasn't shipped and my Brawl copy still says "PACKAGE DATA PROCESSED BY BROKERAGE. WAITING FOR CLEARANCE" whatever the hell that even means. My guess it's not getting cleared because it's weekend, so hopefully it'll be cleared tomorrow and sent out.

On the bright side though, I have Wednesday of, only 3 lessons on Thursday and Friday of as well. So if I do get Brawl in a somewhat timely fashion I'll at least have time to play it. Good thing I could move my English test to last week for Brawl. :D

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
As for my orders, codejunkies still hasn't shipped an my Brawl copy still says "PACKAGE DATA PROCESSED BY BROKERAGE. WAITING FOR CLEARANCE" whatever the hell that even means. My guess it's not getting cleared because it's weekend, so hopefully it'll be cleared tomorrow and sent out.

Thats right. Codejunkies only ship during buisness days (i.e. Monday-Friday), it will, without a doubt be shipped first thing Monday.

MrSilver

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's the Wii Gamecube Freeloader. The one we've been talking about for 13 pages most definitely works with Wii games. The only thing that isn't known for sure is if it will work with Brawl, but I'm quite confident it will.

yogho

Smash Apprentice
That's the Wii Gamecube Freeloader. The one we've been talking about for 13 pages most definitely works with Wii games. The only thing that isn't known for sure is if it will work with Brawl, but I'm quite confident it will.
Posted a picture.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
these disc error reports have started to worry me.

If i recieve brawl and the freeloader it might not work due to the age of my wii and it's dust and smoke build up.

But nintendo of europe probably doesn't have a system of repair yet. I can't imagine them liking me sending a pal wii and a us brawl to them.

I'm holding out for a do it yourself solution. If it's dust buildup then canned air seems like the best answer.

yogho

Smash Apprentice
these disc error reports have started to worry me.

If i recieve brawl and the freeloader it might not work due to the age of my wii and it's dust and smoke build up.

But nintendo of europe probably doesn't have a system of repair yet. I can't imagine them liking me sending a pal wii and a us brawl to them.

I'm holding out for a do it yourself solution. If it's dust buildup then canned air seems like the best answer.
If it gives an error you can't send it to nintendo. Because you are using unofficial software.

Use at your own risk.

UsernameLink

Smash Journeyman

Pugwash

Smash Rookie
That would be great...

... if you'd live in UK that is.
Please select a delivery type:
Super Saver UK Delivery
Free Delivery in 3-5 working days from despatch for UK mainland and Northern Ireland only. £0.00
UK 1st Class
Delivered in 1-2 working days from despatch for UK mainland and Northern Ireland. £2.00
UK Recorded
Recorded Delivery in 1-2 days from despatch for UK mainland and Northern Ireland. £4.00
UK Next Day
Next working day delivery (for orders before 9:00am) for UK mainland and Northern Ireland. £6.00
FREE Australia, USA Delivery
Free International Delivery. Only available to Australia, New Zealand, USA and Canada. £0.00
International - EU
International delivery within the European Union (includes Ireland). £3.00
International - Rest of World
International delivery outside of the EU

Don't worry, they deliver outwith the UK! If that's what you mean?

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
I ordered mine from ebay, smash bros and the freeloader, they said their stock arrives 10th-11th and should take 1-2 days delivery and you can bet if i dont get it by the 14th they are getting negative feedback for being liars.

William101

Smash Cadet
Ok once one of you guys gets its off that seller. Ill place a order with him, am just wanting to make sure everything works first. CraigUK would you be able to update us on things once you receive it.

Will.

GIGA-SkullKid

Smash Apprentice
i live in ireland and i orderd a us brawl from play asia and a euro freeloader from code junkies yesterday... any idea when it might be here

William101

Smash Cadet
i just placed my order for a copy of brawl and a freeloader, to be delievered to australia

keep your fingers crossed for me guys! =)
Hey man can you be sure to update this thread when you recieve it because I really want to know if it works with no problems as I will get it shipped to me here in New Zealand if it does.
Add my Wii code, looking for more NZ/AUS people to have when I get Brawl and it eventually arrives here. Ill add you if you dont mind.

Will.

Dry Bones

Smash Ace
Hey man can you be sure to update this thread when you recieve it because I really want to know if it works with no problems as I will get it shipped to me here in New Zealand if it does.
Add my Wii code, looking for more NZ/AUS people to have when I get Brawl and it eventually arrives here. Ill add you if you dont mind.

Will.
don't worry mate, ill keep you informed =) definitely add me, hope to see you on the brawl battlefield!

ill add you myself before i head off to bed

Pugwash

Smash Rookie
i just placed my order for a copy of brawl and a freeloader, to be delievered to australia

keep your fingers crossed for me guys! =)
I hope it works fine for you! GOODNESS know's when it will be released in Australia for you guys.

kooky

Smash Cadet
That's simply not true, I had tons of PAL and NTSC save data on the same memory card.
Well, despite your experience i would be pleased to know IF there are any issues, i doubt that, but it might be possible.

Has any1 experience with this site:http://www.365games.co.uk/
cos they have a superb offer (brawl+freeloader). Can you trust this shop?

Pugwash

Smash Rookie
Well, despite your experience i would be pleased to know IF there are any issues, i doubt that, but it might be possible.

Has any1 experience with this site:http://www.365games.co.uk/
cos they have a superb offer (brawl+freeloader). Can you trust this shop?
Yeah, It's an amzing offer!
I'd certainly trust it. Everything seems very professinal and delevers world-wide! Something "Shifty" companies don't claim I've noticed.

Im so hyped, think i might just order my copy now!

kooky

Smash Cadet
i just saw that they're only accepting paypal for international orders^^ Me's from germany^^
I don't have a paypal account, can any1 tell me whether it lasts long to make one and how you pay via paypal? or if there is anything what i should know? Sry for being offtopic but i think it's ok this time^^

EDIT: For example one specific thing i need to know: if i pay in euro, does paypal change that to pound automatically?^^ sry for being a noob

EDIT2: After reading the post below me i asked those 365 games site thingy how long they axpect the shipping to last. i should get the answer tomorrow.

Kye L

Smash Apprentice
Aw...yesasia changed the expected send date to the 17th. Oh well.

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
im thinking about ordering a second brawl from that 365games place, and i will just sell my next copy + next freeloader to my mate who wants it too. this could work out really good for us so i will let you know (if i get it) when it is delivered

EDIT: I have now ordered it. sure im £20 overdrawn, but i have an under 19s account and they dont charge interest... wow, i get it by wednesday now, that makes me happy.
although im gonna be terrified to try it in case my wii dies. :urg:

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Judging by the " Wii disc error" thing people are getting with the US copies, I'm going to invest in a Belkin canned air. I don't want Brawl to arrive, and my disc lens is too dirty to actually play >.>

Kriegsseele

Smash Apprentice
Mhmz. I'm thinking about ordering from that site, too. It sounds awesome, but I'm still not sure.

I sent in a ticket to ask about certain stuff like how it affects the Wii and stuff. I'd like to get updated if they are worth it, but I guess I have to wait for the PAL SSBB, right?
Well, if those updates aren't worth getting, it's out of question, but still, it'd be better I guess.

Top Bottom