• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rescue for PAL-smashers - Freeloader for Wii! *Bad news folks*

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Well if it works with the JP version, I'll be fine. It should work with the US one too.

God I hope the Freeloader comes soon... problem is, I'm gonna be staying back at college all next week... I have so much coursework to do.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Twilight Princess didn't need an update, I know that for a fact. Since it was a launch game, whatever 'update' it needed would have been built into the launch firmware.
Ah, thanks for that ^^

That means the 4 games are most likely:

MP3
Super Paper Mario
Mario Galaxy
Brawl

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
feel free. Im sure you can get the number from thier site. I'm guessing they are going to say it will. I think we are all getting worked up over nothing. Dont you think its strange they are releasing it now right as Smash Bros is. I think its they game they wanted it to work with most
I dont think my mam (the bill payer) would appreciate it after my £60 phone bill this week...
but i have mailed them.

to anyone who would like to call Codejunkies UK,
Tech Support: 0906 550 1236
* Calls cost £1 per minute. Lines open Mon-Fri 9am-5pm excluding bank and other national holidays. You will be asked to confirm that you are aged 18 or over and have the permission of the bill payer. UK residents only

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I'm pretty confident it will work now.

Only thing stopping us now is that **** dusty disc lens. If we get an error message, we're screwed, because apparently the only way to cleanse it is to send the Wii along with Brawl to Nintendo to fix. We can't send a PAL Wii with US Brawl off to Nintendo =[

Kye L

Smash Apprentice
Eh, I'm not too worried about the lens thing. I've kept it fairly clean near my Wii at all times...oh god that sounds wrong...and nobody in my family smokes...well, not here anyways.

I heard that you can fix it yourself, though...something about canned air...>_> never heard of it myself.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Well, my Wii is already broke, so I'm about to send it in for repairation. Hopefully, they'll fix eventual problems with the disc lens when they're at it.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I've only had mine since Christmas, so it should be alright. The area near my Wii is never dusted though. Only dusted like once a month xD
Hope it'll be OK.

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
mine seems fine , im guessing it should work. still waiting to hear from codejunkies. probably wont hear anything until tomorrow. yay for online shopping and codejunkies if it works like.

MrSilver

BRoomer
BRoomer
Seems UPS is suddenly in a hurry, since my copy of Brawl has landed in Germany. So it's looking very likely I'll have it by Wednesday if not sooner.

Freeloader is still "Unshipped" though. Unless it ships by tomorrow I'll probably get my Brawl before I get my Freeloader.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Holy crap, they're going fast O.o
Mine's already in the UK.
Customs is gonna take a while though T.T

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Woooooooooo!

East Midlands Airpor,
Gb 03/09/2008 8:34 P.m. Registered With Clearing Agency / Shipment Submitted To Clearing Agency
03/09/2008 8:34 P.m. Registered With Clearing Agency / Released By Clr Agency. Now In-transit

Xd

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Looks like Brawl's gonna arrive before the Freeloader O.o

I'mma be reading the manual for days xD

Dark Google

Smash Cadet
"EAST MIDLANDS AIRPOR,
GB 03/09/2008 8:34 P.M. REGISTERED WITH CLEARING AGENCY / SHIPMENT SUBMITTED TO CLEARING AGENCY "

This is awesome. However, no news from BMC about my Freeloader. D:

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
This is awesome. However, no news from BMC about my Freeloader. D:
Since they have it as " In stock" on their site now I'd say they're ready to shipped it out, if they haven't already shipped it on Friday. I'd expect it possibly tomorrow or Tuesday =]

Exciting stuff. If I'm really lucky, I could have both by Tuesday.

TnadeN

Smash Cadet
Where did you all order from? is the 365games site "real"? What site is the best for an European to order from (non-UK)?

European player here that needs Brawl >.> BAD
Should I wait until you guys get the freeloader and brawl on wednesday?
What do you think o.0...
Some advise please :p

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
lol i will be reading the freeloader manual, if it says anything and no one has posted here, i will tell you as soon as i can. I will test it out on wednesday with brawl, and again let you know.

also, yes TnadeN i ordered from 365games, they seem very trustworthy .

Dark Google

Smash Cadet
2Since they have it as " In stock" on their site now I'd say they're ready to shipped it out, if they haven't already shipped it on Friday. I'd expect it possibly tomorrow or Tuesday =]"

I must be blind, I can't find it in their shop. Link me? :p

TnadeN

Smash Cadet
lol i will be reading the freeloader manual, if it says anything and no one has posted here, i will tell you as soon as i can. I will test it out on wednesday with brawl, and again let you know.

also, yes TnadeN i ordered from 365games, they seem very trustworthy .
Appreciated!! ^^

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Is this lens thing a huge problem? AGH! I'll be so pissed off if it doesn't work! >.<

I guess that's what I'm most worried about now... SO MANY WORRIES! :( Not to mention all the coursework I have to do...

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
I dont think its that big of a problem unless you smoke around your wii. i guess your right though, that is the biggest worry for me now. but im sure it will work, i only got my wii 5-6 months ago

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
My thoughts exactly

I'm worred that the freeloader simply won't work
I'm worried that the dual disc update will brick/affect my Wii
Im worried that the order that I cancelled may still yet come which means more money for postage
I'm worried that my Wii has been affected to much by dust and won't play
I'm worried that I can't send it off to be repaired which means either using untested canned air or breaking open my Wii and cleaning it.
I'm worried that the huge expense I've paid for this game will come and smack me in the face.

Who thought computer games could be this stressful.:ohwell::laugh:

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
My Wii is since launch :( I don't smoke, but my room does get a little dusty from time to time... My Wii seems in generally good condition though... And my friend's Wii is better condition than mine. It should work on ONE of them :p

I'm also worried about the bricking and just not working with Brawl. Right now I'm most worried about failing AS Media Studies and AS Graphics though.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
My thoughts exactly

I'm worred that the freeloader simply won't work
I'm worried that the dual disc update will brick/affect my Wii
Im worried that the order that I cancelled may still yet come which means more money for postage
I'm worried that my Wii has been affected to much by dust and won't play
I'm worried that I can't send it off to be repaired which means either using untested canned air or breaking open my Wii and cleaning it.
I'm worried that the huge expense I've paid for this game will come and smack me in the face.

Who thought computer games could be this stressful.
All my worries summed up.
I just wish both would get here. If this doesn't work I'm gonna be gutted beyond belief =[

Should work though.

Ah, Media Studies. I'm doing that xP

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Heh, you seems less worried about it than I am :laugh: you must be keeping on top of the work.

EDIT: Yeah, it's probably a gamer thing, afterall, I kinda wanna be a reviewer or work on a gaming magazine/website.

MrSilver

BRoomer
BRoomer
My Brawl cleared customs and is in transit for delivery. Scheduled delivery date: 11/03/2008. So I should have it by Tuesday. My Freeloader still hasn't shipped though so it seems I'll end up waiting for that after I get my Brawl copy. **** you Codejunkies!

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
My Brawl has still just arrived in the UK. just had an arrival scan =[
Hope it manages to clear customs tomorrow xD

NeuralScan

Smash Cadet
I ordered mine as a bundle from ebay (brawl+freeloader), should be here March 11th, my birthday yay! So hopefully, this is fate, and it will work.

:D

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
Knowing the way HM Customs work our copies will be sitting in a depot for 2 weeks. :(

EDIT: Wow, UPS tracker has changed again - now it says 'On Time' and gives a date of delivery - March 10th!! TOMORROW!!

...too bad I'm out at uni all day and won't be able to sign for it :(

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Mine already says it's ready to be shipped to my house. Expected delivery is tomorrow. Nice.

Got an email from BMC. They say they've received their shipment of Freeloaders, but are going through back-orders. They failed to answer my question about when they will be shipping the Freeloaders though. I've ordered another one on Divineo, and I'm going to sell the one from BMC on Ebay as BMC sounds like they're gonna take a while to ship them now.

Faith

Smash Apprentice
My Brawl cleared customs and is in transit for delivery. Scheduled delivery date: 11/03/2008. So I should have it by Tuesday. My Freeloader still hasn't shipped though so it seems I'll end up waiting for that after I get my Brawl copy. **** you Codejunkies!
Mazzelaar. I'm still waiting to even order it even though I already orderd my free loader.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Surely they have to give a PAL release date soon, now that it's out in th US, SUREELYYYYYYY!!!!!

Top Bottom