• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rescue for PAL-smashers - Freeloader for Wii! *Bad news folks*

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Found it

http://www.maxconsole.net/

Datel: Caution, no guarantee can be given FreeLoader for Wii will work in future

Divineo.co.uk sent us in a close-up of the new Wii FreeLoader disc and on it something slightly interesting is revealed. The disc has a caution mark stamped on it which states "FreeLoader for Wii works with all current versions of Wii firmware at the time of release. No guarantee can be given of compatibility with future firmware releases so if online updates are performed on your console this may prevent FreeLoader from functioning correctly."

http://www.maxconsole.net/content_img/greeloa1.jpg

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Oh FFS. It says on my tracking form that "Your package has experienced an exception."

¬.¬

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
So along with cancelling orders etc.. I've come across the fact that due to lighting incense in my room my wii may be susceptible to the dual disc failure thing.

I used to do it all the time but I'd say I haven't lit one for other a month/6 weeks. It's because the Wii by it's design is open ALL THE TIME.

*Keeps fingers, toes and other items crossed*

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
Oh FFS. It says on my tracking form that "Your package has experienced an exception."

¬.¬
Yeah, mine says that too. It's because there's currently a massive snowstorm over Kentucky and surrounding states. But hey, we ain't getting Freeloader for a week, so I'm not that bothered.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Yeah, mine says that too. It's because there's currently a massive snowstorm over Kentucky and surrounding states. But hey, we ain't getting Freeloader for a week, so I'm not that bothered.
Ah, I see. I was getting worried at the "INCORRECT ROUTING AT THE DESTINATION" part xP
Phew. Oh well. Hopefully shouldn't be too long until the storm clears.

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
LOL, our copies are probably all on the same truck. :)

I just have to try and stop myself from looking at the UPS thing every few minutes. Mine still says "Adverse Weather Conditions" at the mo.

And Soluble Toast, I wouldn't worry about that 'incorrect routing' thing. As long as the destination reads "______ , GB" you'll be fine, coz it'll definitely make it to Britain. Then you'll be fine as long as your postcode and street address are OK.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I just have to try and stop myself from looking at the UPS thing every few minutes. Mine still says "Adverse Weather Conditions" at the mo.
Lol, same xP
Keep looking at it every 5 minutes.
Oh well, it got shipped sooner than I expected. At the very earliest I expected it to be shipped on Monday, but it was shipped Friday morning apparently.

Just hope the Freeloader comes today, or sometime next week. I'd hate for Brawl to come before the Freeloader xD

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Lol, same xP
Keep looking at it every 5 minutes.
Oh well, it got shipped sooner than I expected. At the very earliest I expected it to be shipped on Monday, but it was shipped Friday morning apparently.

Just hope the Freeloader comes today, or sometime next week. I'd hate for Brawl to come before the Freeloader xD
If I get brawl before the freeloader I'll be reading the manual over and over again. :laugh:

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
And Soluble Toast, I wouldn't worry about that 'incorrect routing' thing. As long as the destination reads "______ , GB" you'll be fine, coz it'll definitely make it to Britain. Then you'll be fine as long as your postcode and street address are OK.
Yeah it should be OK, because the "INCORRECT ROUTING AT THE DESTINATION" was recorded at 6:05, and the Adverse weather was recorded at 6:07, which probably means they intended to still ship it, but the weather stopped them.
Did you also get the "INCORRECT ROUTING AT THE DESTINATION" or was it just me? =S

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Umm This is what mine says right now.

Code:
 LOUISVILLE,
KY,  US 	03/08/2008 	6:07 A.M. 	ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS
	03/08/2008 	6:05 A.M. 	INCORRECT ROUTING AT THE DESTINATION

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Hm. Mine just got scanned for departure. Looks like the storm isn't so bad anymore.
Yasss =D

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
Yep, mine says exactly the same, as of 8:02 am local time (1:02pm here).

The Weather Channel website says the storm's gonna continue through Sunday evening, so we may be waiting a little while longer...

EDIT: Soluble Toast - WTH? Mine still says adverse weather. Hm...

EDIT 2: Refreshed - In Transit. Wahey!

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Louisville,
Ky, Us 03/08/2008 7:43 A.m. Departure Scan

Yesss Lol

Guess all our copys are really in the same place. :)

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Well, think we're OK now. The status of mine has changed to " In transit" instead of into exception.

LOUISVILLE,
KY, US 03/08/2008 7:43 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Umm, So when do you guys think it will arrive here if no more problems? XD
I'd say Wednesday at the earliest. Monday latest. That is, if nothing else goes wrong, and it gets sent off fine.
I wish my mail would hurry up and get here. I can't believe I get mail at 1 in the afternoon xD
Wanna see if BMC shipped the Freeloader yesterday =[

DalzK

Smash Apprentice
Yea mine got departure scan aswell....But from the news ive heard storms will continue on to monday morning and there gunna be quite bad weather till about wednesday....Anyway brawl could easily survive 80MPH winds :D

Dark Google

Smash Cadet
My mail came, no Freeloader. BMC has no answered any of the emails I sent them.

But my Brawl is now In Transit, latest tracker report says 'DEPARTURE SCAN'. I'm going to be so annoyed if Brawl gets here first. D:

I ordered my Freeloader on Monday. >.>

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I'm gonna leave the Freeloader until Monday. I don't know why Datel haven't just given a definite release date. So many dates are flying around e.e

BMC have answered all the E-mails I've sent. Then again, I've been E-mailing the managing director directly =S

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Was a few days ago when I asked when they expected the Freeloader, and they said Friday.

I was visiting another forum:
http://www.officialnintendomagazine...tart=275&sid=b6dc22c46d5e9b490b03d5bd03ba804b

Look down to the guy with the sonic avatar.
Apparently someone got their Freeloader this morning, tried it with 2 US gamecube games and it didn't work
=S
It could just be because they're cube games, but this is a little un-nerving to say the least.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Holy O.o
I didn't expect the tracking form to be updated until Monday. niice.

Hm. Seems the freeloader only works for Wii, after that guy tested his Cube games. At least I hope it doesn't play Cube games. If it's supposed to play Cube games, I think we're pretty screwed xP

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
It's meant to :(

Unless they got the wrong kind. There are some old Freeloaders that look very similar to this one. They're outdated now.

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Also I read this, from the one I bought.

NOTE: This version of Wii FreeLoader is for use on UK PAL consoles. If you imported your Wii from the States, and now want to play local games as well as imports, you need the American version of Wii FreeLoader,

Maybe it was a American Wii and he got the Europe Freeloader?

Or a Europe Wii and got the American Freeloader?

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
He said he had a PAL Wii, and on the back of his box it says "for Euro consoles". He didn't buy the wrong one =[

Top Bottom