• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Renaissance of Xmash 4, Varberg, July 3-6th | Results in 1st post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Ijuka said he was gonna practice grabs with IC's if the Wobbles won't be banned for this tournament lol.

Zephy: What? I gave you an advice, and you aren't even comin to this tournament, then why are you complaining about the Wobbles?
No, he said he can do it perfectly, lol.

I can wobble perfectly. >_> How is it hard? Smasher89, get me a vid of you drillshine infiniting 0-999% with the opponent perfectly DI-ing the whole time, and it could be banned.

EK

Smash Journeyman
More trouble more fun, so im for Wobbling. its more of a challange to beat a IC who wobbles, its like to beat a sheik, it gives you trouble even if a noob use her

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
I agree. I'm not a Fox-player, so I would've made a lot of mistakes, but it is in fact possible.
All you need is technical skills. Wobbling is just about timing, but I still think wobbling is not "easy", just easier than drillshining.
I'm telling you if you want to infinite drillshine me you need nothing less than an Action replay frame perfect Fox to pull it off.
The higher the percentage the more trouble you'll have pulling it off.
Its impossible in a tournament match to infinitely drillshine someone.
When's the last time you saw someone drillshine someone from 0 to 500+% in a tournament match?

You don't have to be "extremely good", the only thing is that you must know how to wavedash well out of shine. It is not "too hard", and it IS effective, though not half as effective as the wobbling. "Even I can't do it" you say. Well, I'm not "too good", to say it that way. But I can do it against Peaches, though.
^See above

To be honest, I do not know many players who knows how to wobble perfectly. I even don't think that there are any european players who knows how to wobble 100%.
I can perfectly wobble without looking at the screen.
And what?
You want to wait until a random noobie accidently wins a tournament by wobbling before you ban it?

Ijuka

Smash Ace
>_> Well I think it should be banned.

Of course my anti-wobbling strategy owns. (Jump around making weird noises and stomping the ground while smashing the controller like crazy making the opponent lose focus ^.^)

stelzig

Smash Lord
More trouble more fun, so im for Wobbling. its more of a challange to beat a IC who wobbles, its like to beat a sheik, it gives you trouble even if a noob use her
No you wouldn't. Not being pro is not the ****ing same thing as being a noob. People really need to stop using the word noob at random -_-
It's like everyone decides that noob is anything below me so everytime i improve i have to raise the no-noob standard as well >_<

As for the wobbling discussion both ways seems plausible. I have never attempted it myself so i can't give a completely good opinion, but here's something to think about.

So you say that wobbling is easier and takes no skill? Can everyone who in your opinion are skillfull do it? And i mean really anyone. Just because you can do it and find it to be an easier skill than another you have to consider the relativity of this. Not everyone will find the same things the easiest. After that you also have to consider that how easy you think this skill is compared to something else in the game that works worse is not always very relevant since people are supposed to use anything he can to win and not limit himself to play in the most difficult way. Maybe someone is amazing at something completely useless in the game, but then in order for him to be best will ban alot of random things because he will claim those to be worse skill and then he will suddenly become champion. Wobbling have to be considerably easy before you can really claim it to be less of a skill than something else.

Ijuka

Smash Ace
No, he said he can do it perfectly, lol.
Wobble? Yeah.

Grabs? I never mentioned them. Getting grabs=/= wobbling O_o I suck with ICs pretty much.

I actually tried to pick them up, but bleh. I can just do all the techy stuff and all the desynches etc.

IC's just don't feel comfortable. I have a lot more fun playing Fox. -.-

bahbahbah, played with ICs and it sucks <_<

EDITEDITEDIT:

AMSAH OWNS!! <_<

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Ache: Advice? shaha... And wth does this mean? "Ur not coming to this tournement so why do u complain about wobbles?"
U have a problem with me talking about wobbling?
Im just saying my opinion no need to flame me cuz of that>.>

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Nihonjin: You don't need to drillshine anyone to 500% anyways.
I'm just saying that it is possible for a human to drillshine. Not to 200%, but to a damage where the Fox can kill with an u-smash. I think wobbling from 0%-death is nearly impossible. People have to do it when the opponent has like 20-30% I think. So I kinda compare wobbling with chain throwing, but wobbling kills you whatever what. I wouldn't care if an ICs-player won a tournament with wobbling, sorry.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Then you and I have different views on competitive play.
I don't like the idea of someone winning a tournament using easy 1 hit wonders all the time.

stelzig

Smash Lord
From what i have understanded it is not really a one-hit wonder. It is a grab combo equal to any other kind of combo to death (which drillshining potentionally also is and then that should also be a one hit wonder). It depends on if it is really that easy to keep it going.
I still really think it is important to consider that it is best not to make players limit themselves because you think a new tech is making the game easier.
You could just as well begin to complain that all characters except 1 should be banned because some of the characters simply is easier to use in your opinion.

Any kind of limitation that are only mentally forced and not actually turned off in the game is really frustrating IMO. And that is both if i am the one who is being held back or if it is my opponent that i know is holding back.
Bans should be kept to a minimum, some of you have made it sound so easy though so maybe it should be banned. I would really like an explanation on exactly how to do it so i can try it and make a more precise opinion.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
From what i have understanded it is not really a one-hit wonder. It is a grab combo equal to any other kind of combo to death (which drillshining potentionally also is and then that should also be a one hit wonder). It depends on if it is really that easy to keep it going.
I still really think it is important to consider that it is best not to make players limit themselves because you think a new tech is making the game easier.
You could just as well begin to complain that all characters except 1 should be banned because some of the characters simply is easier to use in your opinion.
You've gotta be ****ing kidding me.
Have you ever seen the ****ed wobbles?

THIS IS NOT YOUR AVARAGE 0% TO DEATH COMBO

Take a look for yourself.
Its a one hit wonder in the sense that it requires ONE grab to connect and it results into insta kills, no exceptions.

Any kind of limitation that are only mentally forced and not actually turned off in the game is really frustrating IMO. And that is both if i am the one who is being held back or if it is my opponent that i know is holding back.
Bans should be kept to a minimum, some of you have made it sound so easy though so maybe it should be banned. I would really like an explanation on exactly how to do it so i can try it and make a more precise opinion.
Its basically alternating popo's jab and nana's downtilt.
You could do it the "hard" way wich is by timing it (no idea exactly how it works), or do the easy wobbles:

Grab, down+B with nana (and keep down) then right before the ice thing ends, start bashing A like a mad man and don't stop.
z0mG skills.

It should be banned for the same reason the banned the freeze glitch because the effect of wobbling is EXACTLY the same.

stelzig

Smash Lord
It is non-the less still not just one hit. You don't just click one button and you're done so it is essentially a combo.
Your description does make it sound easy so i am looking most at the ban side, as i said i am just not much for banning things in-game unless it can actually be turned off. Like items. If items were something you couldn't turn off i would find it wrong to ban it.
I will go try it out myself soon :)

Edit: Alrigt i tested it. I can't go from 0-999% (at least not yet), but it is rather simple. Not sure if i think it's worth a complete ban. I guess i will just stay out of the discussion. It's not important to me anyway.

Ijuka

Smash Ace
It is non-the less still not just one hit. You don't just click one button and you're done so it is essentially a combo.
Your description does make it sound easy so i am looking most at the ban side, as i said i am just not much for banning things in-game unless it can actually be turned off. Like items. If items were something you couldn't turn off i would find it wrong to ban it.
I will go try it out myself soon :)

Edit: Alrigt i tested it. I can't go from 0-999% (at least not yet), but it is rather simple. Not sure if i think it's worth a complete ban. I guess i will just stay out of the discussion. It's not important to me anyway.
In fact.. you just do click one button, sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL1sFSEBtCk

heres the vid amsah posted.. it was kinda hidden so I thought I'd give the actual link <.< for semiblind people or so =)

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Nihonjihn-it doesn't help if you mash as fast as possible, since you can do it too fast so the opponents gets free, often unpunished and not hit by a smash, are you scared of a "random" IC-player beating you in a tournament before brawl is released?
I heard that Svampens Nana hit you kinda hard at Roofsm..

Mastering IC's is just as hard as mastering fox, desynch has alot potencial, even that the CG's seems easy, getting the grab on a jumping opponent is kinda hard, you'll need to space like a marthplayer, with shorter grabs and smashes. Wobbling is very situational and risky, if you don't manage to do it, you've lost one key of winning the match, an oppoturnity(wrongly spelled) to CG!
There's even ways to counter wobbling, like playing D-smashhappy peach(dair to nair can be annoying too) or CP stages like mute city to brake the wobble (If theres one stage I don't like meeting shiek, it must be this one)

Shouldn't Helios have tried picking up IC's against Ek and win a tournament with them if it's so easy....

stelzig

Smash Lord
In fact.. you just do click one button, sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL1sFSEBtCk

heres the vid amsah posted.. it was kinda hidden so I thought I'd give the actual link <.< for semiblind people or so =)
You do only need to use one button but it is not one-button press which is what a onehit KO would be. -_-

I had seen a video before i was just not sure what exactly was going on, which is why i asked for an explanation.

And after trying it a few times more i am actually going to have to side with don't ban again. It requires rythm to keep it going and it is also going to be a bit situational, as smasher89 said.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Nihonjihn-it doesn't help if you mash as fast as possible, since you can do it too fast so the opponents gets free, often unpunished and not hit by a smash, are you scared of a "random" IC-player beating you in a tournament before brawl is released?
I heard that Svampens Nana hit you kinda hard at Roofsm...
Just try the easy wobbles I posted, bashing as fast as possible = wobbling.
And yeah, that must be it, I'm afraid I'll lose to some random IC.

Mastering IC's is just as hard as mastering fox, desynch has alot potencial, even that the CG's seems easy, getting the grab on a jumping opponent is kinda hard, you'll need to space like a marthplayer, with shorter grabs and smashes. Wobbling is very situational and risky, if you don't manage to do it, you've lost one key of winning the match, an oppoturnity(wrongly spelled) to CG!
There's even ways to counter wobbling, like playing D-smashhappy peach(dair to nair can be annoying too) or CP stages like mute city to brake the wobble (If theres one stage I don't like meeting shiek, it must be this one).
I don't play IC's and I've "mastered" wobbling.
Its easy.
And grabbing jumping opponents isn't magically harder just because you're IC's.
Also, if you can do it like I can there is no "risk" attached to wobbling, its just an instant kill.

Your way of "countering" wobbling is simply not getting grabbed, then I might aswell say Mewtwo counters sheik, just don't get hit.

Shouldn't Helios have tried picking up IC's against Ek and win a tournament with them if it's so easy....
I doubt Helios is that lame :)

You do only need to use one button but it is not one-button press which is what a onehit KO would be. -_-
It is a one hit wonder in the sense that you die as result of 1 connecting hit (the grab) everything after that is out of your controll.

I had seen a video before i was just not sure what exactly was going on, which is why i asked for an explanation.

And after trying it a few times more i am actually going to have to side with don't ban again. It requires rythm to keep it going and it is also going to be a bit situational, as smasher89 said.
How is this situational?
Nana, Popo, grab, infinite.
It doesn't rely on a character or a stage, or percentage or ANYTHING.

stelzig

Smash Lord
First of all you need both characters to be there to do it (And nana can be far away when you grab even though she isn't KO'd). On certain stages it is impossible (most of those stages are probably also banned, but still relevant). And finally these grabs are avoidable and you are probably not going to see a thousand of these every match. Just in the vid you posted it only happened ones.

Ijuka

Smash Ace

ok so when I get that rhytm I'm allowed to get free 200% on my opponent? Sounds fair..

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
It didnt happen once, it happend at 3 of the kills. Only that one of them was frm 0-Death...

stelzig

Smash Lord
^Right. I only went through the vid straight from the KOs so that is probably true. Doesn't change my opinion about it though. Espicially not after trying it outside of practice mode where i couldn't get it to work at all. *begins to wonder if this is some NTSC thing like the freeze glitch that was mentioned also was banned and seemed completely malplaced in a european tourny thread*
ok so when I get that rhytm I'm allowed to get free 200% on my opponent? Sounds fair..
Yes. Most competetive gaming is about finding the proper rythm.

It just doesn't seem like being big enough a deal to limit people in their play.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
First of all you need both characters to be there to do it (And nana can be far away when you grab even though she isn't KO'd).
Sure you need Nana, but the second your Nana dies IC's are screwed anyway.

On certain stages it is impossible (most of those stages are probably also banned, but still relevant).
Irrelevant.

And finally these grabs are avoidable and you are probably not going to see a thousand of these every match. Just in the vid you posted it only happened ones.
"Don't get grabbed"

Is the worst argument I've ever heard.
Like I said before, Mewtwo counters Sheik, all you have to do is don't get hit.
And the vid shows the potential of wobbling.
If you allow it how are you going to make sure people won't abuse it to that extent?

DDR?
Yes.
SSBM?
No.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
I dont see the point of why wobbling shouldnt get banned...
Its roughfully said a instant kill grab/move IMO. (IC fans dont get cocky now:p)
And MLG also has it banned, i think we should too :D

bËst^

Smash Journeyman
hmmm... I think wobbling should be banned, and I say this from a perception of a player who mains IC and knows how to wobble.

maybe I'm just punishing myself when I say this but I think it don't give a good impression about player's skilllevel if he can do well in tournament only by wobbling. infact it sucks.

so let the wobbling be banned in RoS so we can see who really can survive with the IC:s without any cheap strategies ^_^
otherwise, if wobbling will be allowed, the temptation for me to wobble my way to victory might be very big =P. >___>

stelzig

Smash Lord
Avoiding 1 move and avoiding a complete movesets are definently not compareable.
And yes ssbm is rythm. Just think of the drillshining combo. That is definently 50% rythm. So is wavedashing. Rythm and timing are really important.

I would at least suggest only a minor limitation on wobbling rather than banning it completely.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Avoiding 1 move and avoiding a complete movesets are definently not compareable.
Ofcourse it is, not getting hit by Sheik counters her badly.
Just like how not getting grabbed counters IC's and wobbling.
If you just don't get hit she can't pull of those nasty combo's.

And yes ssbm is rythm. Just think of the drillshining combo. That is definently 50% rythm. So is wavedashing. Rythm and timing are really important.
Stop comparing wobbling to drillshining, its not even close to being the same.

People who play Marth, Falco, Fox even Sheik have to know and control their character to a certain extent, they need a fair amount of technical skill, they have to be able to predict their opponents DI and react accordingly to get a 80% combo, when that happens everyone's like "Whoa, great combo!!"
"0mg did you see that?!"
Wobbling on the other hand, only requires one grab and pressing the A button with the right Rhythm to pull of a 0% to what-ever-the-hell-you-want combo.

Just ban it thing already.

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
lol. in smash if you play in ANY rhythm you're gonna get ***** because you're predictable. (rhythm actually means repetitive something) predictability is easily punished by most smasher.
unless ofc you can't do ANYTHING about is as with the wobble-thing. so **** that ****

stelzig

Smash Lord
^If it is a combo it doesn't matter. And a combo is rythm. Any kind of approach is rythm. Why do you think alot of people have to start over before being able to use a different character? I assure you that part of this is because of the rytm required. Oh yeah. And a rythm doesn't HAVE to be repetetive something. A longer memorized pattern which involves more than one timing = rythm.

This was not a comparison of wobble and drillshining. Let me just say repetetive waveshining instead then. That is rythm That was the point. Nothing else. (And looking at the OMG comment thing, i hope you aren't refering to that what looks more fancy = better :p)

And even if i did compare it, it is definently just as compareable as a complete moveset to 1 move. The more moves you have to be aware of the more challenging it gets to dodge them. You know this right?

Ijuka

Smash Ace
It's skill. Wobbling is not skill. I just wobbled comp from 60 to 502% btw. You do something wrong. O.o

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
This was not a comparison of wobble and drillshining. Let me just say repetetive waveshining instead then. That is rythm That was the point. Nothing else.
Its still not comparable to wobbling, at all.
Wobbling is infinitely easier and infinitely more effective.

And even if i did compare it, it is definently just as compareable as a complete moveset as 1 move. The more move you have to be aware of the more challenging it gets to dodge them. You know this right?
Whoa are you serious?
Man, I didn't know :\
I figured, the more attacks someone has the easier it becomes to avoid it because he might not know what attacks to use :S
Silly me.

stelzig

Smash Lord
Then it's a good thing i didn't compare them as attacks nihonjin. I just used it as an example of another thing in this game that does require rythm to do. You said that smash didn't rely on a rythmic feel at all and i pointed out the one i find most obvious.

Ijuka

Smash Ace
stelzig you know that amsah is #1 in europe neh ^_^

And yeah, for me smash doesn't rely on rhytm. It relies on skill. And wobbling isn't skill. SO it should be banned. =OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
The "rhythm" you're talking about is basic technical skills.
Wobbling is easier than basic technical skills, yet its the most rewarding technique in the game.
Its not something we should allow in tournaments.
And I'm beginning to think we'll need someone winning a tournament by wobbling all of his opponents to get through to you thick headed people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom