• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Renaissance of Xmash 4, Varberg, July 3-6th | Results in 1st post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegard

Smash Lord
Oh, reminds me. I request wobbling be banned. I think MLG has it banned as well. And wobbling is gay O_o

So ban it please ^_^
You're lame. The only European smasher I know of who really knows how to do the Wobbles, is Smasher 89, but he's not doing it perfect all the time.

Come on, you play Fox, why should it be banned? But I don't want to make a discussion about it >_>

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Give me a reason to ban drillshine, then you can ban wobbling(who is much riskier and harder, since nana can easy be cheaped/not present making IC´s not able to wobble), and I´ve already spoken with Helios about it, and it won´t be banned.

Samochan

Smash Master
You're lame. The only European smasher I know of who really knows how to do the Wobbles, is Smasher 89, but he's not doing it perfect all the time.
Amsah knows how to wobble. >_> So do multiple finns who've ever touched IC. ^^

MGL has it banned, and MGL has good rulesets, so that's a reason alone to ban wobbling. I have nothing against wobbling since I haven't been pwned with wobbling... yet. >.>

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
wobbling is probably the single most gay thing in smash, next to sheik, but it's not banned, no :)

Btw, comparing it to fox' drillshine is just ridiculous! XD
Ever heard of DI?

Vegard

Smash Lord
lol, S89.The drillshine infinite is almost useless without a wall. MLG doesn't host Smash tournament and decide the rules, but they are supporting some "grass root" tournaments like Pound and FC?.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
MLG is banning Onett so I´ve lost some of the respect for them, that stage is too good, i guess the argument is that fox has such a big advantage on that stage, which I disagree, IC´s can grab when drillshineiing with some luck.
From tournament experience I´ve beaten some foxes, even CF on that stage, when I lost at final...(even if them has the biggest tourneys and I sometime would like to go),
should I compare wobbling with peach bombs? and "stitchface", it needs luck and skill getting to use em really good. Quit whine if you won´t learn it yourself, it´s some like "I play fox and does want to limit other characters from being better"

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Of course not, his drillshine and Usmash make it a really great stage for him, probably one of the best, but it´s possible to beat him, at least as IC´s and it´s possible to tech an usmash...

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
OK, so if Helios says wobbling is allowed then it is allowed, nothing I have to say about that.

Onett should AT LEAST be banned in teams, since it can be super-extra-bombastic-cabbage-destroyingly gay.

Time to start the annual stage arguments?

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Like i said before... >.>

Wobble Sux, and should be banned!
Drillshine Rox and shouldn't be banned!
MLG rulez FTW? Anyone?o.o

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm definitely up for stage discussions :D
Personally I don't have anything against stage variety, so expect to see plenty of stages on ;)

Faab

Smash Ace
If you like stage variety so much, will you put more levels on random then we're used to? (it's just a question don't have anything against rules that are being used at this moment) And yeah wobbling should be banned cause its so **** easy to do :p

ivootjes(nr18)

Smash Lord
Lot's of stages on with stage banning or something?

Have yoshi's island (pipes) avalaible for counterpicking. I did an amsah against amsah on that stage, too good.

Marc loves that map too so another reason to have it on. XD

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Faab- Why don´t you just do it and win tourneys and win money if it´s that easy,
yes I think the discussion is finnished and for stages, but I would even CP Onett against a Foxplayer.
And there´s a stagebanning rule if you want´to ban that stage....

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
Bah, i'm getting tired of sending home italians all the time =_=
not a problem considering you're getting owned by us. You'll lose to Seretur and then you'll loose to Yuna your anal virginity (if you still have any).

Helios will instead lose to flikkflakk and don't pass pools. He's gonna go all emo because of that.. p00r H3l1n00b ;_________________;

don't worry Chris, it's ok: we won't tell anyone!

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Since there are going to be a looot of people, we're looking at 16 pools of 8 people, or something along those lines. Top 4 advance, and make up a new round of pools, 8x8. Finally, top 4 advance into a 32 man DE bracket.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Shahahah, u wont have a chance anyway Ache xD nah jk^^;
Onett is a imba stage for fox...:/ I hate it.

stelzig

Smash Lord
Just noticed zgetto was on the list. :)
I was under the impression that he most likely wouldn't go. =/

Edit: Bo130 (From Denmark) is also pretty sure that he will go so i think you can add him to the list as well :)
He asked me how binding it was btw and i told him that i don't think it is too binding, just a list of people expecting to go. Just to be sure about this i'm asking here because i am not 100% sure yet either :p
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Wobbling should be banned should be either completely banned or put up the rule they use at OC3.*
Its gamebreaking easy..

*if you do it for more than 2 seconds straight you lose the match, do it again you lose the set and if you do it a third time you get kicked out of the tournament

I could do it perfectly the first time I tried it. -_-'

Give me a reason to ban drillshine, then you can ban wobbling(who is much riskier and harder, since nana can easy be cheaped/not present making IC´s not able to wobble), and I´ve already spoken with Helios about it, and it won´t be banned.
Fox's drillshine FAR from infinite.
DI works and its easy to screw up if you lose your focus for just a second.
Wobbling on the other hand requires ZERO skills.
All you have to do is get 1 grab and its bye bye stock.
If someone starts wobbling you might aswell unplug your controller because their won't be a single frame for you to even attempt and attempt at escaping.

Drillshine requirements:

- A wall (and even then you can simply DI out of it)
-GOOD Techskills, mess up even once and it fails.
- A ****** opponent who doesn't know DI

Drillshine effect:

Stage, character & opponent dependant semi-infinite.

Wobbles requirements:

- Nana (but without her you don't only lose the wobbles, you lose the entire character so that doesn't really count)
- 10 mins of free time (to practice it)
- 1 grab

Wobbles effect:

True unbreakable that works on any character regardless of the stage.

So basically, drillshine isn't even an infinite and wobbling just requires one grab :)
If you want to compare it to something compare it to the freeze glitch, wich is banned and is harder to pull off.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Nihonjin: You don't need a wall to drillshine Peach, Sheik and CF, as long as you do it right, even if they do DI.
And, well, if you got a wall, you don't need to do anything but shining, they can't DI that, and it's not too hard either ;)

Personally I don't think wobbling is a big problem, and therefore it should be no need to ban it. If you think wobbling is easy, go ahead, use Ice Climbers ;)

Since there are going to be a looot of people, we're looking at 16 pools of 8 people, or something along those lines. Top 4 advance, and make up a new round of pools, 8x8. Finally, top 4 advance into a 32 man DE bracket.
Do we have time for this? I want no late tournaments =(

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Just try infinite drillshining me without a wall.
I'm 100% sure you'll screw up before dealing 50% damage.
And sure, its not that hard with a wall, but infinitely harder than wobbling no matter how you look at it.

Vegard

Smash Lord
Tonberry: lol, you have to be extremely good to do that, so nobody really use the drille shine infinite because of that. It's too hard, and not very effective. Even you can't make it in a tournament match, but the Wobbles can be pulled of in a tournament final with ease. (by players who knows how to Wobble)

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Just try infinite drillshining me without a wall.
I'm 100% sure you'll screw up before dealing 50% damage.
And sure, its not that hard with a wall, but infinitely harder than wobbling no matter how you look at it.
I agree. I'm not a Fox-player, so I would've made a lot of mistakes, but it is in fact possible.
All you need is technical skills. Wobbling is just about timing, but I still think wobbling is not "easy", just easier than drillshining.

Tonberry: lol, you have to be extremely good to do that, so nobody really use the drille shine infinite because of that. It's too hard, and not very effective. Even you can't make it in a tournament match, but the Wobbles can be pulled of in a tournament final with ease. (by players who knows how to Wobble)
You don't have to be "extremely good", the only thing is that you must know how to wavedash well out of shine. It is not "too hard", and it IS effective, though not half as effective as the wobbling. "Even I can't do it" you say. Well, I'm not "too good", to say it that way. But I can do it against Peaches, though.

To be honest, I do not know many players who knows how to wobble perfectly. I even don't think that there are any european players who knows how to wobble 100%.

Ijuka

Smash Ace
I can wobble perfectly. >_> How is it hard? Smasher89, get me a vid of you drillshine infiniting 0-999% with the opponent perfectly DI-ing the whole time, and it could be banned.

Wobbling is ********, and takes no skill. >_>

Smasher89, if you suck and can't play without wobbling... then you shouldn't win anyway O_o And comparing wobbling to drillshine is ridiculous.

Ache, I don't want it banned for me, I want it banned because it's ********.

-_- I don't get why it shouldn't be banned. Unescapeable infinite that works on everyone at every%, takes no skill, and when they escape it, they die.

So you're telling me it shouldn't be banned so that sucky IC players who can't play at all could get easy wins against a lot better players? Then let's ban ICs?

Isn't this game supposed to be about skill >___________>

And everyone who doesn't complain about wobbling.. =P Be wobbled 0-death on your every stock in a tournament match against a lot worse player and see if you want it banned. -_-

Amsah: You are awesome

Smasher89: >___________> omgzzz yousoprohhhhhh st4rt1ng z0 c0mpl41n 4b0ut b4nn1ng w0bbl1ng -_-----------------------------------------------------------
Doesn't give too good of an image about your skills -_-

I agree. I'm not a Fox-player, so I would've made a lot of mistakes, but it is in fact possible.
All you need is technical skills. Wobbling is just about timing, but I still think wobbling is not "easy", just easier than drillshining.
"All you need is technical skills" Yeah I respect you and everything but... oh god -_- Why do you have to sound so noob when you aren't? You need INSANE technical skills, only a few hundred people in the world have that kind of tech skills. For wobbling, you need nothing. My lil sis could do it after a while.

Ok that's about all <_< Ban it if you want, don't if you don't, but don't give lame reasons.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Ujuka ftw!:D
U just said what i was going to say lawl xD
Except fr being so rude to Smasher89 :)

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, I haven't been following the wobbling discussion for the last couple of months, but it wasn't banned at EVO or FC for all I know. If TA and Ken decide to ban wobbling for their tourneys, that's fine. However, I rarely agree with them smash-wise anyway, so it's not a very convincing point.

Last year I was all for banning the technique. I got wobbled at OC2 (still won the matches, but yes, it got way too close for my liking). Recently, however, I've not cared much for this discussion, so I'm kind of unbiased at the moment.

I am definitely up for discussing this issue, though. (sorry, smasher ;))

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
To be honest, I do not care whether wobbling gets banned or not. I've never had any problems with wobbling.

Ijuka: Why don't you use ICs if you know wobbling so well? Like, you could've won a lot of matches by doing that. I want ya wobblin' rockaz to wobble me at RoS4. ;D

Vegard

Smash Lord
Ijuka said he was gonna practice grabs with IC's if the Wobbles won't be banned for this tournament lol.

Zephy: What? I gave you an advice, and you aren't even comin to this tournament, then why are you complaining about the Wobbles?

Martelinj

Smash Apprentice
Sorry Marte; ; But ill try and give it to u before RoS4 ^^;
ah, I see.
Have to find another way to get my controller back then :)

if u are going to the tournament in Auli? (if there will be any?) you can bring it there.
If not, maybe there are som other smashers who live close to you and are going to ros or auli, and can bring my controller?

Or if you live in Oslo or close to Oslo, I can just come and get it myself next time I am there.
(In the beginning of June i think.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom