• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rebooted Evolving SSB Roster Game

Louie G.

Smash Hero
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultdk::ultwario::ultgnw:
:ultlink::ultsheik::ultsamus::ultfox::ultfalco::ultfalcon::ultlittlemac:
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultness::ultmarth:

New: Mr. Game & Watch, Mewtwo, Ness, Marth
Damn, I didn't realize I could do this. Makes roster organization a lot neater, LOL. I'm not blowing any minds with these choices. Game & Watch as a surprise pick, Mewtwo as a second popular Pokemon, Ness and Marth as some lesser known series to introduce fans to. Melee's roster feels like it doesn't have a ton of wiggle room outside of the clones, with a roster this small you kinda have to tap into some of the essentials, and they operate as the framework of the series moving forward. So that's what this is, and maybe with Brawl we get to play around a little more.

A notable absence here is Yoshi, but truth be told I'd just rather spread the love instead of going all in on the important Mario characters right now. Wario made it in instead of Yoshi in 64, so perhaps Yoshi can wait as long as Wario did to get in this time. I contemplated putting Charizard as well, but I wanted to add more new series and I don't wanna cramp BritishGuy's style.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the nominations:
Pupp135 Pupp135
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultbowser::ultpeach::ultdk::ultyoshi::ultsamus:(Mach Rider)
:ultlink::ultganondorf:
:ultsheik::ultmarth::ultfalcon::ultkirby::ultfox::ultness:
:ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ulticeclimbers::ultgnw:

BritishGuy54 BritishGuy54
:ultpeach::ultbowser::ultluigi::ultmario::ultyoshi::ultwario::ultmarth:
:ultzelda::ultlink::ultyounglink::ultgnw::ultdk::ultsamus::ultfox:
:ultfalcon::ultkirby::ultness::ultmewtwo::ultcharizard::ultpikachu:

ninjahmos ninjahmos
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultdk::ultyoshi::ultlink::ultganondorf:
:ultsamus::ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultfox::ultfalco::ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultness:
:ultfalcon::ultmarth::ultgnw:

BowserKing BowserKing
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultyoshi:
:ultlink::ultzelda::ultsamus::ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultfox:
:ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo::249::ultmarth::ultgnw::ultduckhunt:

nirvanafan nirvanafan
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdk::ultyoshi::ultgnw::ultlittlemac:
:ultlink::ultzelda::ultsamus::ultness::ultmarth::ultfalcon:
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultfox::ultpikachu::026::175:(Ray Mk II)

DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultdk::ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf:
:ultsamus::ultridley::ultmarth::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::026::ultness:
:ultfalcon::ultpit::ulticeclimbers::ultgnw:

HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64
:ultmario::ultbowser::ultpeach::ultlink::ultganondorf::ultzelda::ultsamus: :ultridley:
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::026: :212: :052::ultwario:
:ultmarth:(Seliph):ultgnw:(Ayumi Tachibana)

Louie G. Louie G.
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultdk::ultwario::ultgnw:
:ultlink::ultsheik::ultsamus::ultfox::ultfalco::ultfalcon::ultlittlemac:
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultness::ultmarth:

Vote for your three favorites, where yours is not first.

1. DragonRobotKing26
2. Louie G.
3. Nirvanafan

Round 5: Add Six clones.
Round 6: Select Five Melee Veterans and Four Nintendo Newcomers for E3 2006
Round 7: Bring Back Four Veterans
Round 8: Add Five Newcomers
Round 9: Bring Back Four Veterans
Round 10: Add Two Newcomers
Round 11: Add Three Veterans
Round 12: Add Three Semi-Clone Newcomers
Round 13: Add Three Veterans
Round 14: Add Two Melee Clones
Round 15: Add Two Fighters
Round 16: Pick Seven 64 Fighters, a Melee Fighter, a Brawl Fighter and Three Newcomers for E3 2013
Round 17: Pick Six Veterans
Round 18: Pick Four Veterans and Two Newcomers
Round 19: Pick Four Veterans and a Khalos Pokemon Starter for the April 2014 Direct
Round 20: Select Newcomers for E3 2014
Round 21: Select Three Veterans and Two Newcomers

BritishGuy54

Smash Journeyman
Here’s a quick question for Pupp135 Pupp135 .

Will we be able to add alternate choices for third parties for the Brawl section of the game?

As in, we could swap out Snake and/or Sonic for other choices? We were given the option in the SSB Mini-Recreates thread, so maybe we could experiment with different third party choices in Brawl.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Hey Pupp135 Pupp135 you could update the round 2 rosters and put the round 3 rosters
I can put these rosters up, and I’ll probably update them gradually.

Here are the votes:
Pupp135 Pupp135
BritishGuy54 BritishGuy54 8
ninjahmos ninjahmos 3
BowserKing BowserKing 2
nirvanafan nirvanafan 4
DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 10
HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64 5
Louie G. Louie G. 16

Louie G. wins this round, Dragonrobotking26 gets second, and BritishGuy54 gets third. Louie G. wins five points, DragonRobotKing26 wins three points, and BritishGuy54 wins one point.
1. DragonRobotKing26 16
2. Louie G. 11
3. BritishGuy54 7
4. Nirvanafan 6
5. ninjahmos 4
6. Pupp135 1
7. BowserKing, HyperSomari64, OToad64

Round 5: Add 6 Clones
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultbowser::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultdk::ultyoshi::ultsamus:(Mach Rider):ultkirby:
:ultlink::ultyounglink::ultganondorf:
:ultsheik::ultmarth::ultroy::ultfalcon:(Blood Falcon):ultness::ulticeclimbers:
:ultpikachu::ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultfox::ultfalco::ultgnw:

I think Young Link, Falco, Pichu, and Roy were reasonable choices for clones when they were added in Melee. I chose Daisy over Dr. Mario as she ages better. Blood Falcon is here to maintain a Captain Falcon clone.

ninjahmos ninjahmos feel free to add an extra newcomer as you only have 19 fighters on your roster.

Round 6: Select Five Melee Veterans and Four Nintendo Newcomers for E3 2006
Round 16: Pick Seven 64 Fighters, a Melee Fighter, a Brawl Fighter and Three Newcomers for E3 2013
Round 19: Pick Four Veterans and a Khalos Pokemon Starter for the April 2014 Direct

Here’s a quick question for Pupp135 Pupp135 .

Will we be able to add alternate choices for third parties for the Brawl section of the game?

As in, we could swap out Snake and/or Sonic for other choices? We were given the option in the SSB Mini-Recreates thread, so maybe we could experiment with different third party choices in Brawl.
Sonic and Snake can be replaced if you’d like, I’ll just assume that you declined the offers and went with other third parties.

BritishGuy54

Smash Journeyman
Round 5:
:ultdaisy::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultluigi::ultmario::ultyoshi::ultwario::ultmarth:[Celica]
[Ayumi]:ultzelda::ultlink::ultyounglink::ultgnw::ultdk::ultsamus::ultfox::ultfalco:
[B. Shadow]:ultfalcon::ultkirby::ultness::ultmewtwo::ultcharizard::ultpikachu::ultpichu:
Additions: :ultdaisy:Daisy, Celica, Ayumi Tachibana, :ultfalco:Falco, Black Shadow, :ultpichu:Pichu

So, the clones. Falco and Pichu were reasonable choices in our world, and they’re staying put here.

Daisy as said above would age better than Dr. Mario.

I took some influence from the Mini-Recreates thread here with Black Shadow and Celica respectively. Letting F-Zero have some time in the sun, and giving Fire Emblem another fighter made sense here. Celica would also age well once we get to Ultimate.

And then there’s the oddball. Ayumi, hailing from Famicom Detective Club. Considered in our timeline as a Zelda clone has come to fruition here. I imagine it’ll be one of those fun factoids about an obscure character barely edging their way into Melee.

I considered Ganondorf. Part of me thought that Falcondorf may be a necessary evil, but I decided against it for now. He’ll definitely be heavily requested going into Brawl.

That said, here’s my final Melee roster:
IMG_7801.jpeg

Just like in our original world, The Legend of Zelda gets the short end of the stick. Albeit, it’s hit harder much earlier in this scenario, but also meaning there’s a bit more room for more unique picks later on.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
:ultmario: :ultpeach: :ultbowser: :ultwario: :ultlink: :ultzelda: :ultganondorf: :ultsamus: :ultridley:
:ultkirby: :ultkingdedede: :ultpikachu: :026: :052: :ultmewtwo: :212:
:ultmarth: (Seliph) :ultgnw: (Ayumi Tachibana)
The Clones:
  • Paper Mario (Mr. Game & Watch, semi-clone)
  • Gooey (Kirby)
  • Dark Link (Link, semi-clone)
  • :ultdaisy: (Peach, semi-clone)
  • Wart (Bowser)
  • :ultluigi: (Mario)

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
  1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Peach
  4. Daisy (Peach's Clone)
  5. Bowser
  6. Donkey Kong
  7. DK. Jr (DK's clone)
  8. Link
  9. Zelda
  10. Ganondorf
  11. Samus
  12. Ridley
  13. Marth
  14. Celica (Marth's Clone)
  15. Kirby
  16. Fox
  17. Falco (Fox's Clone)
  18. Pikachu
  19. Raichu
  20. Ness
  21. Ninten (Ness' Clone)
  22. Captain Falcon
  23. Mach Rider (C. Falcon's semi Clone)
  24. Pit
  25. Ice Climbers
  26. Mr. Game & Watch

Louie G.

Smash Hero
:ultdk::ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultwario::ultfalcon:
:ultlink::ultsheik::ultsamus::ultfox::ultfalco::ultgnw::ultlittlemac:
:ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmarth::ultness:

:ultdk:- Donkey Kong Jr. :ultfalcon:- Black Shadow :ultlink: - Young Link :ultlittlemac:- Glass Joe :ultpikachu:- Pichu :ultness: - Poo​

There are certainly a couple oddball picks here, and I wish I got to fit in another female character, but all in all I want to keep trying to commit to some more out there ideas. Two characters return from our real life Melee, Young Link and Pichu. Pretty practical choices, smaller scrappier versions of their counterparts hailing from series that could use the extra boost into three fighters. I always found Young Link a bit more fun than his older counterpart, and Pichu's self-damage system is pretty novel.

DK Jr. joins as a clone of Donkey Kong. This game lacks a newcomer tied to the arcade era, so Junior can pick up that slack as a smaller version of DK with more emphasis on item-play. He deviates slightly from his root character being able to adapt other assets into a couple projectile attacks, particularly barrels, at the expense of DK's raw strength and superheavy status. Black Shadow is more self explanatory... this is the Ganondorf that we got in Melee, simply attributed to a character who suits it better. Black Shadow debuted in F-Zero X and already posed himself as Falcon's sworn rival, so he feels fitting enough.

Glass Joe is Melee's distinct joke character. He is bigger and of course slower than Little Mac with attacks that serve moreso as inconveniences than serious threats. He stumbles around with a few new animations and expressions, with the intentional development expense being a fundamentally broken character. But perhaps he has something of a randomized element to certain attacks, as well as some very specific hitboxes that are actually quite effective if they happen to land. He's not impossible to win with, but he's specifically designed to be humiliating to lose to. Meanwhile, Poo serves as a quicker and more physically-balanced variant of Ness. His PSI attacks pack more of a punch with less emphasis on the set-up and zoning that Ness is skilled in. As a martial artist, he is better in close quarters with short range projectiles operating as strong combo finishers.

I decided to pass up on a Marth clone, partially because it felt a bit passe when everyone else was doing the same but also because I have plans for Fire Emblem in future iterations where I'm not that worried about selling it short. Introducing this unfamiliar series to western shores in Melee was already a risk.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
:ultmario: :ultluigi: :ultpeach: :ultdk: :ultyoshi: :ultgnw: :ultlittlemac:(Urban Champion)
:ultlink: :ultyounglink: :ultzelda: :ultsamus: :ultness: :ultmarth: (Celica):ultfalcon:(Jody Summer)
:ultkirby: (Gooey):ultkingdedede: :ultfox: :ultwolf: :ultpikachu: :026: :175: (Ray Mk II)

Newcomers:
(Urban Champion)
:ultyounglink:
(Celica)
(Jody Summer)
(Gooey)
:ultwolf:

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultdk::ultyoshi::ultlink::ultyounglink::ultganondorf:
:ultsamus:(Mach Rider):ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultfox::ultfalco::ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultness:(Paula)
:ultfalcon:(Black Shadow):ultmarth::ultroy::ultgnw:(Ayumi Tachibana)

Newcomers: Ayumi Tachibana, Daisy, Young Link, Mach Rider, Paula, Black Shadow and Roy

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultdk::ultyoshi::ultlink::ultyounglink::ultganondorf:
:ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultfox::ultfalco::ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultness:(Paula)
:ultfalcon:(Black Shadow):ultmarth::ultroy::ultgnw:

Newcomers: Daisy, Young Link, Dark Samus, Paula, Black Shadow and Roy
Unfortunately, Dark Samus came 3 roughly years after Melee was released, so please replace her with someone else. Also, feel free to add one more unique newcomer.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the rosters
Pupp135 Pupp135
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultbowser::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultdk::ultyoshi::ultsamus:(Mach Rider):ultkirby:
:ultlink::ultyounglink::ultganondorf:
:ultsheik::ultmarth::ultroy::ultfalcon:(Blood Falcon):ultness::ulticeclimbers:
:ultpikachu::ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultfox::ultfalco::ultgnw:

:ultdaisy::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultluigi::ultmario::ultyoshi::ultwario::ultmarth:[Celica]
[Ayumi]:ultzelda::ultlink::ultyounglink::ultgnw::ultdk::ultsamus::ultfox::ultfalco:
[B. Shadow]:ultfalcon::ultkirby::ultness::ultmewtwo::ultcharizard::ultpikachu::ultpichu:

ninjahmos ninjahmos
:ultsamus:(Mach Rider):ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultfox::ultfalco::ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultness:(Paula)
:ultfalcon:(Black Shadow):ultmarth::ultroy::ultgnw:(Ayumi Tachibana)

BowserKing BowserKing
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultdk::ultdiddy:(Dixie Kong):ultyoshi::ultsamus:
:ultlink::ultyounglink::ultzelda::ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultfox::ultfalco::ultmarth::ultroy::ultduckhunt:
:ultpikachu::ultpichu::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo::249::ultgnw:

nirvanafan nirvanafan
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdk::ultyoshi::ultgnw::ultlittlemac:(Urban Champion)
:ultlink::ultyounglink::ultzelda::ultsamus::ultness::ultmarth:(Celica):ultfalcon:(Jody Summer)
:ultkirby:(Gooey):ultkingdedede::ultfox::ultwolf::ultpikachu::026::175:(Ray Mk II)

:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultdk:(Donkey Kong Jr.):ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf:
:ultsamus::ultridley::ultpit::ultmarth:(Celica):ultkirby::ultfox::ultfalco::ultpikachu::026:
:ultness:(Ninten):ultfalcon:(Mach Rider):ulticeclimbers::ultgnw:

:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser:(Wart) :ultlink:(Dark Link):ultzelda::ultganondorf:
:ultpikachu::026::052::ultmewtwo::212::ultsamus::ultridley::ultkirby:(Gooey):ultkingdedede:
:ultwario::ultmarth:(Seliph):ultgnw: (Paper Mario)(Ayumi Tachibana)

Louie G. Louie G.
(Donkey Kong Jr.):ultdk::ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultwario::ultfalcon:(Black Shadow)
:ultyounglink::ultlink::ultsheik::ultsamus::ultfox::ultfalco::ultgnw::ultlittlemac:(Glass Joe)
:ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmarth::ultness:(Poo)

Vote for your three favorites, where yours is not first.

1. DragonRobotKing
2. Louie G.
3. BritishGuy54

Round 6: Select Five Veterans and Four Nintendo Newcomers for E3 2006

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes:
Pupp135 Pupp135 3
BritishGuy54 BritishGuy54 10
ninjahmos ninjahmos 2
BowserKing BowserKing 2
nirvanafan nirvanafan 4
DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 9
Louie G. Louie G. 12

Louie G. wins this round, BritishGuy54 gets second, and DragonRobotKing26 gets third. Louie G. wins five points, BritishGuy54 wins three points, and DragonRobotKing26 wins one point.
1. DragonRobotKing26 17
2. Louie G. 16
3. BritishGuy54 10
4. Nirvanafan 6
5. ninjahmos 4
6. Pupp135 1
7. BowserKing, HyperSomari64, OToad64

Round 6: Choose 5 Veterans, and 4 Nintendo Newcomers for E3 2006. I have everyone’s series rosters below for reference (I also included them in the OP, and I will later on add Game 2’s for reference).
:ultmario::ultbowser::ultwario::ultlink::ultzelda::ultsamus::ultpit::ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultsnake:

In terms of veterans, I’m inspired by a couple suggestions from the Series Roster Remake Smashboards Creates thread where Bowser is in place of Pikachu, which seems fitting with King Dedede also being here, giving me an rival pair in the trailer.

For newcomers, Wario, Zelda, and King Dedede help fill in missing holes from my Melee roster, and King Dedede and Wario had been large requests in the real timeline. Pit helps give us something a little more obscure.

For third parties, Snake seems uninspired, but I don’t think I’d want to reject Kojima’s request if he made it.

Pupp135 Pupp135
64 Fighters: :ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultmarth::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultness::ultpikachu:|:ultluigi:(Mach Rider)
Melee Fighters: :ultbowser::ultpeach::ultganondorf::ultfalcon:|:ultgnw::ulticeclimbers::ultsheik::ultmewtwo:|:ultdaisy::ultyounglink::ultroy:(Blood Falcon):ultfalco::ultpichu:
64 Fighters: :ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultmarth::ultfalcon:|:ultluigi::ultyounglink:
Melee Fighters: :ultbowser::ultpeach::ultzelda::ultness:|:ultgnw::ultwario::ultcharizard::ultmewtwo:|:ultdaisy:(Ayumi Tachibana)(Celica)(Black Shadow):ultfalco::ultpichu:
ninjahmos ninjahmos
64 Fighters: :ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultmarth::ultfalcon:|:ultluigi::ultfalco:
Melee Fighters::ultbowser::ultganondorf::ultkingdedede::ultness:|:ultgnw::ultpeach:(Ayumi Tachibana):ultmewtwo:|:ultdaisy:(Mach Rider):ultyounglink::ultroy:(Black Shadow)(Paula)
BowserKing BowserKing
64 Fighters::ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultmarth::ultduckhunt:|:ultluigi::ultjigglypuff:
Melee Fighters::ultbowser::ultpeach::ultzelda::249:|:ultgnw::ultdiddy::ultkingdedede::ultmewtwo:|:ultdaisy:(Dixie Kong):ultyounglink::ultroy::ultfalco::ultpichu:
nirvanafan nirvanafan
64 Fighters::ultmario::ultlittlemac::ultlink::ultsamus::ultmarth::ultfalcon::ultkirby::ultfox::ultness::ultpikachu:|:ultluigi::026:
Melee Fighters::ultdk::ultzelda::ultkingdedede::175:|:ultgnw::ultpeach::ultyoshi:(Ray MK II)| (Urban Champion):ultyounglink:(Celica)(Jody Summer)(Gooey):ultwolf:
64 Fighters::ultmario::ultlink::ultsamus::ultpit::ultmarth::ultfalcon::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu:|:ultluigi::026:
Melee Fighters::ultpeach::ultdk::ulticeclimbers::ultzelda:|:ultgnw::ultbowser::ultganondorf::ultridley:|:ultdaisy:(Donkey Kong Jr.)(Mach Rider)(Celica):ultfalco:(Ninten)
64 Fighters::ultgnw::ultmario::ultbowser::ultwario::ultlink::ultsamus::ultmarth::ultkirby::ultpikachu::ultmewtwo:|(Seliph):026:
Melee Fighters::ultpeach::ultganondorf::ultkingdedede::212:|:ultzelda::ultridley:(Ayumi Tachibana):052:|(Paper Mario):ultluigi:(Wart):ultdaisy:(Dark Link)(Gooey)
Louie G. Louie G.
64 Fighters::ultmario::ultpeach::ultdk::ultwario::ultlittlemac::ultlink::ultsamus::ultfalcon::ultkirby::ultfox:|:ultluigi::ultfalco:
Melee Fighters::ultbowser::ultsheik::ultkingdedede::ultpikachu:|:ultgnw::ultmarth::ultness::ultmewtwo:|(Donkey Kong Jr.)(Glass Joe):ultyounglink:(Black Shadow)(Poo):ultpichu:

Last edited:

BritishGuy54

Smash Journeyman
Note: Can we mention which alternate third party we’d like to use instead of Snake here? Since Snake did get announced in the same trailer as this batch?

Round 6:
Veterans:
:ultmario::ultlink::ultsamus::ultkirby::ultpikachu:
Mario, Link, Samus, Kirby, Pikachu

Newcomers:
:ultmetaknight::ultpit::ultolimar::ultganondorf::ult_terry:
Meta Knight, Pit, Olimar, Ganondorf, Terry

Meta Knight and Ganondorf make sense to build up existing series in Smash. Ganondorf would be nice for Zelda fans after its lackluster representation in Melee.

Pit and Olimar provide a contrast of someone old, and someone new getting in this Brawl roster.

And, I figured I shouldn’t beat around the bush any longer. SNK’s Terry Bogard joins as Brawl’s first third party. I wanted someone who would not be too big, but also not too small. Terry was perfect in that regard.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Note: Can we mention which alternate third party we’d like to use instead of Snake here? Since Snake did get announced in the same trailer as this batch?

Round 6:
Veterans:
:ultmario::ultlink::ultsamus::ultkirby::ultpikachu:
Mario, Link, Samus, Kirby, Pikachu

Newcomers:
:ultmetaknight::ultpit::ultolimar::ultganondorf::ult_terry:
Meta Knight, Pit, Olimar, Ganondorf, Terry

Meta Knight and Ganondorf make sense to build up existing series in Smash. Ganondorf would be nice for Zelda fans after its lackluster representation in Melee.

Pit and Olimar provide a contrast of someone old, and someone new getting in this Brawl roster.

And, I figured I shouldn’t beat around the bush any longer. SNK’s Terry Bogard joins as Brawl’s first third party. I wanted someone who would not be too big, but also not too small. Terry was perfect in that regard.
I was thinking of saving third party submissions for the next round, but I’m fine with us adding our first one here and then adding a second one in the next newcomer round

Louie G.

Smash Hero
:ultmario::ultlink::ultsamus::ultkirby::ultbowser:
:ultganondorf::ultridley::ultmetaknight::ultyoshi:

New: Ganondorf, Ridley, Meta Knight, Yoshi
A pretty straightforward matchup that connects Smash's greatest heroes to some of their greatest rivals. Ganondorf enters the fray with a completely unique moveset this time. Meta Knight is pretty self explanatory - and I suppose in this universe, we cracked the code on Ridley early. And I just remembered that I didn't add Yoshi in Melee, so at this point he's probably one of the most requested newcomers. A fun crowd-pleasing final reveal for a fairly serious trailer.

With that, the stage is set pretty nicely for Brawl's more narrative tone. After a couple more supporting characters, I think we're in the clear to start bringing in more brand new universes and fresh new faces from the GCN, GBA and DS era. But these four help us get closer to rounding out the ones already here.

I'm unclear on whether or not we're doing third parties this round. If we are including third parties, my pick will be :ultcloud:. I love Snake, I'd just rather go a different direction. But I want to maintain the unexpectedness of his inclusion as well as someone who will similarly match Brawl's gritty tone. His moveset is simple enough to carry over to Brawl, and getting to see Link and Cloud duke it out would be a dream come true for many. I've been trying to be practical and realistic up to this point, and I'm unsure how cooperative Square would have been... but why the hell not, we don't really have to play by those limitations.

Last edited:
Top Bottom