• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The reason IC is not top tier is

lain

Smash Master
that's insane cg'ing, and that's fun and all, but you just have to be able to do one of them consistently.

still though, god ****.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Wow, that was pretty crazy. What was even crazier is that the Olimar kept getting grabbed somehow. o___O

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Fun CGs there. O:

But that's only because it's easy to do different CGs on light characters. xD

Dwiguitar

Smash Rookie
Fun CGs there. O:

But that's only because it's easy to do different CGs on light characters. xD
Not at all.

This guy has over 100 videos of three stocks against all the roster. He nails it down perfectly unless you scream at him or something. I often get three stocked by him, no matter which character. I've tried to do the CG's but I can't get past 60% or so. He often takes the CG to 150%.

.AC.

Smash Lord
good ICs.but the olimar could have done a better job not getting grabbed.

K 2

Smash Lord
Man who is that guy? He's definately mastered the alt grabs.

That olimar sucks, after you get 0-death'd 2 times from a inifinite grab, you should learn the get out of the IC's grab range...

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
JV 4 stock FTW!!! LOL That was awesome.

JawKnee~

Smash Cadet
That sucked.. and when I say that sucked, I mean that Olimar sucked. =p
Anyway, even though that Olimar sucked, those were some pretty awesome alt grabs.
I can hardly do 4 or 5. >.>

legion598

Smash Ace
i do think ice climbers would be top tier if someone used them perfectly but even then u would have to get a grab and the ice climbers dont have the best grab range and that kind of crap

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
TBH i know a few people who can do that, but they play against people who don't get grabbed as often, or atleast know how to space well. Great CGs thar but I wouldn't say people don't put enough effort into the IC's just cuz of that one vid :|

PSI Locke22

Smash Apprentice
in my opinion ice climbers should be number one in the top tier because of their supreme chain grabs and teamwork.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♥Ohhhh.. .very good indeed! ^__^

♥Although.... the Olimar went right in there and one moment in the match, he went in w/o pikmin which made him lose one stock.
;)

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
I wonder if the guy was even trying. I mean, he got grabbed way too many times and he attacked without Pikmin >_<.

ADHD

Smash Hero
whenever an ice climber player chaingrabs me i'm just going to try and make them laugh...

Aishi

Smash Rookie
Or there aren't enough people who put effort into it.

Usually I see people watching ICs CG and they simply want to do it because it looks
"broken," flashy, or fun.

Later they find out IC isn't all about CGs you practice in training mode and simply quit because in reality, they thought it was an easy way to win, through infinites. Watching them miss 50 grabs in a match isn't interesting.

:I

Then there are the few who persist on using them and eventually get past the first couple hurdles and can play them correctly.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
I feel inspired.

I just don't get how Olimar, one of the campiest and most ranged in the game, gets grabbed without putting up a fight. He tried once, but he didn't even have any Pikman!

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I simply don't have the time to practice them. One hour a weekend isn't a lot. Also, I don't have any live players to practice them on. If I could get rid of these two problems, I could improve.

Top Bottom