• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Quebec Power Rankings *Updated June 22, 2009*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Dayum, I was watching some of Dom's matches, I gotta say I'm really impressed with that guy. You guys should bring him out to one GTAN tourney sometime. Or any other top players you guys got.

Limeee

Smash Champion
this list makes me glad i'm in alberta, no MK main's here. while in the east coats everyone mains/secondaries MK. the ban might hit hard here

cemo

white walker
chet teach me how to play puff.
i don't really play seriously anymore, but I've been playing her so I don't destroy scrubs when I play with them.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
hmm i need to play her more in brawl+
also she sucks.

edit: ok ok..
hmm best ko option is fair, so put them off stage with bair and use fair to kill. sometimes you can link 2 aerials together but it's sketchy cuz brawl sucks.
in tornado spam down B when mk is over like 68%
grabs are good. each grab punch is 3%, most throws are 9-11%, usually 10%, so at 50-60% percentages you grab and 2 punches into throw when they don't mash, easy 16% refreshes your other moves. airdodge through their aerials and approaches, but don't get predictible.
but yeah she sucks. I could say more but i already said too much because she sucks and nobody cares enough.

also play brawl+

swordgard

Smash Hero
Panelists are currently having conflicting views on whether this should be updated or not, more to come later.

swordgard

Smash Hero
the top 10 are the only 10 that play brawl anyways lol so there is no point in updating it or having a power ranking
Lol, funny how we got 30 people last brawl tourney eh? And that was without the 10 ish people for brawl we were missing.

Not only that, but wed have a couple of things to debate, im not sure each panelist is willing for me to give out their opinion about updating it or not here, so il let them speak for themselves.

cemo

white walker
i'm not a panelist but i think we might need a second tourney or somethin'.
just everything needs to be a little more concrete.

Steb

Smash Journeyman
Half of the top 10 stopped playing Brawl seriously or didn't care about Brawl to begin with. I'm having trouble just coming up with more than a top 5. The PR is pretty outdated by now, but we definitely need more data to work with to do an update.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Half of the top 10 stopped playing Brawl seriously or didn't care about Brawl to begin with. I'm having trouble just coming up with more than a top 5. The PR is pretty outdated by now, but we definitely need more data to work with to do an update.
I currently have no trouble coming up with a top 10 tbh.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
I just don't feel we should update the PR simply because, while it has been a long time since it has been updated, we've only had 1 tournament with significant Montreal representation. IMO, this PR is a demonstration of someone's tournament performance over a span of time, and updating it now would (should!) not change too much. At best, we would be aiming for a PR cleanup.

Oh, and we need a new panelist since Kage will get the boot; he's been invisible to Brawl for too long. Anyone who can formulate strong arguments with unbiased opinions and empirical evidence, and who doesn't get swayed easily, feel free to bug me on MSN for the position.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Considering Chester doesn't want to be on the PR ranking, I still think we should at least remake the PR. Going by the tournament last results, I still see a few changements like Dominic going up to 4th due to Chester quitting and beating Stroumbert this time. Mar1 is also top 10 material now.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
See, I don't want to sound selfish, but I don't think chet actually deserves to get dropped off, even if he wants to be taken off. He'll drop more as he decides to not show up to any more tournaments, or just places low. That's sort of the reason why zaf and vwins were on the first PR, because they had the tournament results to back it up, even if they had stopped playing Brawl at the point we made this list.

Nevermind!

Smash Cadet
Make another tournament in 2010 and make a new PR according to the results of that tournaments and the followings? It might be easier that way

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
Make another tournament in 2010 and make a new PR according to the results of that tournaments and the followings? It might be easier that way
Swordgard might do one december 19th, but haven't heard more about it. I'd actually agree with another tourney, so we get more concrete results.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
See, I don't want to sound selfish, but I don't think chet actually deserves to get dropped off, even if he wants to be taken off. He'll drop more as he decides to not show up to any more tournaments, or just places low. That's sort of the reason why zaf and vwins were on the first PR, because they had the tournament results to back it up, even if they had stopped playing Brawl at the point we made this list.
I'd rather be off, so people don't think I still play this game, and that I'm just dropping in the rankings. Seriously, I don't want to be associated with this list. I played MK at the last tourney because 1- I couldn't understand the physics of the game anymore and 2-, MK is stupid easy to piss off people with. And not even singles, just doubles. The only reason I played doubles is because Fizzi asked me. And he's cool. Yeah, no more vbrawl in tournaments for me, I'd just be robbing someone of a spot.

Side note: I think zaf was actually disputing his low ranking on this list back then, but whatever.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
I'd rather be off, so people don't think I still play this game, and that I'm just dropping in the rankings. Seriously, I don't want to be associated with this list. I played MK at the last tourney because 1- I couldn't understand the physics of the game anymore and 2-, MK is stupid easy to piss off people with. And not even singles, just doubles. The only reason I played doubles is because Fizzi asked me. And he's cool. Yeah, no more vbrawl in tournaments for me, I'd just be robbing someone of a spot.

Side note: I think zaf was actually disputing his low ranking on this list back then, but whatever.
Yeah but I'm pretty sure Zaf is in the same boat as you, he doesn't care about Brawl anymore and doesn't even play it so I don't think he really cares....cause we are going to remove him too lol.

"C"let

Smash Journeyman
the point from the power ranking was to boost the competition in the scene but it makes no sense if there is no one to compete with in the first place!

swordgard

Smash Hero
the point from the power ranking was to boost the competition in the scene but it makes no sense if there is no one to compete with in the first place!
Stop trolling, as i stated before, we got 30 people at bisb 2, thats enough to compete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom