• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Probable Character Roster 3.0 ^_^

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
No K Rool? Like i did in another roster thread i feel the need to argue King K Rools inclusion in brawl...especially over dixie. Since im lazy here's what i more-or-less posted elsewhere:

I have to disagree with King K Rool here. He merrits everything that is needed for a ticket into brawl.

1. Importance: Maybe not directly himself but overall the donkey kong series deserves three reps in brawl. It is for one the 4th biggest selling franchise in nintendo history, the 9th of ALL TIME on all platforms (my source here is wikipedia, reliable, but it can be edited by anyone). It is also the first major nintendo game ever....although i realise king k rool played no part in this game. However if importance to an important series was enough then we would have more than two(three) metroid characters (ridley/samus...of course i dont know this im just predicting)...so naturally how important a series is, isnt enough...or we'd have about 10 mario characters playable.

2. Popularity: On top of K Rools minor importance he does have popularity. Hardly that of Ridley, DeeDee or Diddy Kong but i doubt theres many who would protest his inclusion and there are many many supporters of the guy. And let us not forget that the Donkey Kong series has sold a considerable lot more than Star Fox and Kirby series's....its popularity is unquestionable....even if it has dwindled abit over recent years.

3. Moveset Potential: Look at the many aliases of K Rool over the years...Kaptain K Rool, King Krusha K. Rool....theres plenty of potential there involving his many moves over the many many donkey kong games. I dont have the imagination or the time to think of one....but the creative dudes at nintendo are more than up to it. We've also seen a fair bit of objects appreaing out of thin air in moves so far, warios bike for example which gives his moveset yet more ground.

He ticks the three box's and with a list of 50 there there is no reason for him to not be included. Especially behind dixie kong.

Finn Macool

Smash Apprentice
The F-zero and Metroid series are both under represented for their popularity and importance F - zero should definatley have Octoman and Black Bull (invented movesets) while ridley and Dark amus are obvious for metroid

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Proof would be nice.
Now I searched Samurai Panda's translation thread and couldn't find what I searched for. So I havn't a clue where my proof is. I'll keep looking (I'm sure I'm not hallucinating). Anyways till then here's a old blog that shows what Sakurai is interested in. Look where his main focus is on. I hope that nourishes you for the moment.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=114749

No K Rool? Like i did in another roster thread i feel the need to argue King K Rools inclusion in brawl...especially over dixie. Since im lazy here's what i more-or-less posted elsewhere:

I have to disagree with King K Rool here. He merrits everything that is needed for a ticket into brawl.

1. Importance: Maybe not directly himself but overall the donkey kong series deserves three reps in brawl. It is for one the 4th biggest selling franchise in nintendo history, the 9th of ALL TIME on all platforms (my source here is wikipedia, reliable, but it can be edited by anyone). It is also the first major nintendo game ever....although i realise king k rool played no part in this game. However if importance to an important series was enough then we would have more than two(three) metroid characters (ridley/samus...of course i dont know this im just predicting)...so naturally how important a series is, isnt enough...or we'd have about 10 mario characters playable.

2. Popularity: On top of K Rools minor importance he does have popularity. Hardly that of Ridley, DeeDee or Diddy Kong but i doubt theres many who would protest his inclusion and there are many many supporters of the guy. And let us not forget that the Donkey Kong series has sold a considerable lot more than Star Fox and Kirby series's....its popularity is unquestionable....even if it has dwindled abit over recent years.

3. Moveset Potential: Look at the many aliases of K Rool over the years...Kaptain K Rool, King Krusha K. Rool....theres plenty of potential there involving his many moves over the many many donkey kong games. I dont have the imagination or the time to think of one....but the creative dudes at nintendo are more than up to it. We've also seen a fair bit of objects appreaing out of thin air in moves so far, warios bike for example which gives his moveset yet more ground.

He ticks the three box's and with a list of 50 there there is no reason for him to not be included. Especially behind dixie kong.
Urg I don't see any of this.

1)DK's selling point isn't going to put an unpopular character in brawl. What's the point of filling the series with unpopular characters from popular franchise. If Dk gets three reps the third will be dixie because she has more popularity and uniqueness than K. Rool

2)Whether the DK series has sold more games than LOZ doesn't make K. Rool popular. It makes the series popular and that's it. People only want K. Rool because he'd add the villain count. I think he falls better in the realm of Boss. Plus you can't deny it has dwindled. the only reason Starfox has 4 is because 2 were in melee, 1 was referenced by Sakurai, and 1 just has a lot more support (argue with me or not)

3)Moveset potential is what K. Rool doesn't have. the most reative attribute hge had was with the musket. In DKC he just jumped around and threw his crown at people and in DKC 3 he didn't even attack. Even in Dk 64 his greatest power was ramming into people. How creative is that?

I'll tell you what, I'll put in K. Rool but only if you can get much more K. Rool supporters in here. Because as it is right now you have about negative 1 (because there are more anti-K. Rool supporters on here than the opposite.

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
Urg I don't see any of this.

1)DK's selling point isn't going to put an unpopular character in brawl. What's the point of filling the series with unpopular characters from popular franchise. If Dk gets three reps the third will be dixie because she has more popularity and uniqueness than K. Rool

2)Whether the DK series has sold more games than LOZ doesn't make K. Rool popular. It makes the series popular and that's it. People only want K. Rool because he'd add the villain count. I think he falls better in the realm of Boss. Plus you can't deny it has dwindled. the only reason Starfox has 4 is because 2 were in melee, 1 was referenced by Sakurai, and 1 just has a lot more support (argue with me or not)

3)Moveset potential is what K. Rool doesn't have. the most reative attribute hge had was with the musket. In DKC he just jumped around and threw his crown at people and in DKC 3 he didn't even attack. Even in Dk 64 his greatest power was ramming into people. How creative is that?

I'll tell you what, I'll put in K. Rool but only if you can get much more K. Rool supporters in here. Because as it is right now you have about negative 1 (because there are more anti-K. Rool supporters on here than the opposite.
1: I AGREE here. Important franchises dont deserve characters on there importance alone (metroid is a perfect example of this) but it can be a factor if the character has moveset potential AND popularity. I have scanned many roster threads and i can 100% be certain that K Rool comes up a hella a lot more often that dixie.

2. Again i agree with the statement that because the donkey kong franchise is popular that it doesnt mean King K Rool is popular but looking at the character threads on this board (ignore my small post count i have lurked here for a fair while) i'd say he is easily in the top 50 most requested and most popular here (i know also your thread takes into account more factors than popularity). I dont want K Rool in because he's a villain but i agree many do....however peoples motives for wanting in a character doesnt change the fact they want him in. Yes i agree Donkey Kong is dwindling but it is stil releasing alot more games than the Star Fox and F-Zero franchises. I wont argue that star fox has more support because of the great Falco-Wolf debate.

3. What K Rool's boss battles played out like in other games is inconsequential to Smash Bros Brawl. The developers have shown real imagination and originality (im sure you cant deny this). Considering his aliases of pirate, mad scientist and boxer theres potential (i will look out for a moveset because ive seen a few really good ones)...he could also use his jetpack thing (excuse my bad memory here) he used in one of the games (im really sounding stupid now im sure).

As for getting alot more K Rool supporters in here...thats something out of my hands but if you scan the photshoped roster pics throughout the internet and this board (amongst others) for yourself then im sure you will find that K Rool is deserving to be above Dixie at least.

Again with repeating myself. He is important to nintendos history (thats not enough i agree), he is popular (he's not krystal or olimar but the pro k rool seems to vastly the anti k rool ive seen - although this quite a subjective arguement since you have seen the opposite) and he DOES have moveset potential and i intend to find a good one around here somewhere to prove it. The imaginations of the developers and his many disguises show it.

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
Nice list.

Don't give up with Simon (VC games, he was in Dreamix TV like Snake did, the most third party character in Nintendo-exclusive games, etc.)

If it isn't him, then another Castlevania Rep such as Soma could be (he's Nintendo exclusive)

ChozoChampion

Smash Apprentice
personally i would like to see k. rool in the game but the thought of him being a Pc doesnt appeal to me. id rather him be a AT or at best a boss. IMO hes just to lame to be anything else

also i beleive that sakurai may put most if not all the wanted characters in brawl(excluding 3rd parties) as at least ATs. i'm also hoping any character he diecides to remove takes an AT slot (pichu, dr.mario, roy) so they at least will be somewere in the smash universe.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
Some of these photos on 3D (like Dedede and Hans) seems like made in ssbb (look at background, look at 3D style, LOOK ****IT)

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
personally i would like to see k. rool in the game but the thought of him being a Pc doesnt appeal to me. id rather him be a AT or at best a boss. IMO hes just to lame to be anything else

also i beleive that sakurai may put most if not all the wanted characters in brawl(excluding 3rd parties) as at least ATs. i'm also hoping any character he diecides to remove takes an AT slot (pichu, dr.mario, roy) so they at least will be somewere in the smash universe.
Gun to your head: PC K Rool or Dixie Kong?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I think K Rool would be the wiser choice. It would keep the list diverse. We don't need what is essenentially an female Diddy.
lol agreed :p , anyways here are some of my thoughts on things to fix
oh btw VERY nice thread , i hope that isaac and some of the others on there do get in ^_^.
this thread is definantly very truthfull on most parts , tell me what you think about these ideas :).

krool = yes the creators have been creative about movesets , and come on a female diddy whats the point in that ?...
take dark samus out... = like seriously as creative as shadow kirby and all , why even have him there
have a wierd section , for the like top 5 who have low chance maybe or so.
ac rep , you can mention tom nook , sakurai put him in his journal like 3 - 4 TIMES :p.
:psycho:
black knight , put him lower i meen compared to miciah marth and even roy :psycho: he has less of a chance to me + was not on sakurai's polls :psycho:.
jeff from earthbound has a chance since he was mentioned about twice in sakurais journal...
black shadow has a chance...maybe.. probably would be lower on there.
shiek being on the roaster ? thats a bit more of a fifty fifty flip but does seem interesting (yet my friend who is a good shiekd/zelda user wont like that :p)
vaati has to have some chance O.O ? right...right?
andy from advance wars maybe :laugh:.
bomberman has a chance , thats pretty much all i have to say :laugh:.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Gun to your head: PC K Rool or Dixie Kong?
I'd like to think I'm true to my word. Check the list and you should see a nice alteration. However I'm keeping him temporary for the time being until the dixie fans come storming saying the opposite. If such a thing comes about (I'm assuming it will) be prepared to defend your case. You can obviously see that the idea between the two is conflicted.

But for the record Neither K. Rool or Dixie will be in brawl IMO. DK is considered an extension of the Mario series (but don't flame me, this is only my opinion)

lol agreed :p , anyways here are some of my thoughts on things to fix
oh btw VERY nice thread , i hope that isaac and some of the others on there do get in ^_^.
this thread is definantly very truthfull on most parts , tell me what you think about these ideas :).

krool = yes the creators have been creative about movesets , and come on a female diddy whats the point in that ?...
take dark samus out... = like seriously as creative as shadow kirby and all , why even have him there
have a wierd section , for the like top 5 who have low chance maybe or so.
ac rep , you can mention tom nook , sakurai put him in his journal like 3 - 4 TIMES :p.
:psycho:
black knight , put him lower i meen compared to miciah marth and even roy :psycho: he has less of a chance to me + was not on sakurai's polls :psycho:.
jeff from earthbound has a chance since he was mentioned about twice in sakurais journal...
black shadow has a chance...maybe.. probably would be lower on there.
shiek being on the roaster ? thats a bit more of a fifty fifty flip but does seem interesting (yet my friend who is a good shiekd/zelda user wont like that :p)
vaati has to have some chance O.O ? right...right?
andy from advance wars maybe :laugh:.
bomberman has a chance , thats pretty much all i have to say :laugh:.
1)what about the top five WTF characters? I can do that.

2)Black Knight was on the polls however

3)If Ness is that low on the probable roster how do you think Jeff would get on? He has no chance what so ever.

4)As much as I'd like to put another F-Zero pilot up there I can't rationalize it. But if a pilot di get up there it would be either Jody Summers or Dr. Stuart. I'd have also siad samurai Ghoro but he's obviously an AT. Dark Shadow yells Boss in an unsuprising way.

5)Shiek is on the roaster [sic] because....well did you not read her discription. Explain why Sakurai didn't hide from us Charizard or ivysaur when he showed PT but has yet to show Shiek with Zelda. If shiek was Zelda's transformation then obviously they'd have shown her already.

6)Vaati=Overpopulation

7)I can see Andy being on the roster and when I suggested him, people just ignored me. But I really could see him being a PC IMO. I'd need feedback on that because I don' know if it's just me.

8)Bomberman=JOKE, no he doesn't. But then again technically all third party characters have a chance.

This is a really good list.
I love me the compliments

thank you. And I thank you all for your support.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I'd like to think I'm true to my word. Check the list and you should see a nice alteration. However I'm keeping him temporary for the time being until the dixie fans come storming saying the opposite. If such a thing comes about (I'm assuming it will) be prepared to defend your case. You can obviously see that the idea between the two is conflicted.

But for the record Neither K. Rool or Dixie will be in brawl IMO. DK is considered an extension of the Mario series (but don't flame me, this is only my opinion)

im ready to defend myself if the dixie fans come :). oh still this thread is going very well ^_^.

1)what about the top five WTF characters? I can do that.

2)Black Knight was on the polls however

3)If Ness is that low on the probable roster how do you think Jeff would get on? He has no chance what so ever.

4)As much as I'd like to put another F-Zero pilot up there I can't rationalize it. But if a pilot di get up there it would be either Jody Summers or Dr. Stuart. I'd have also siad samurai Ghoro but he's obviously an AT. Dark Shadow yells Boss in an unsuprising way.

5)Shiek is on the roaster [sic] because....well did you not read her discription. Explain why Sakurai didn't hide from us Charizard or ivysaur when he showed PT but has yet to show Shiek with Zelda. If shiek was Zelda's transformation then obviously they'd have shown her already.

6)Vaati=Overpopulation

7)I can see Andy being on the roster and when I suggested him, people just ignored me. But I really could see him being a PC IMO. I'd need feedback on that because I don' know if it's just me.

8)Bomberman=JOKE, no he doesn't. But then again technically all third party characters have a chance.

I love me the compliments

thank you. And I thank you all for your support.
1.top five WTF characters , good place to put things like dr.lobe in :psycho:.

2.polls ? umm like more than 100 characters where on the polls and jeff was to but OK.

3.if ness DOESENT get in then he could get in for earthbound's rep so it wouldnt be like "OMG JAPAN CHAR'S @@@" and he has been mentioned not that im saying its likely but he is definantly 4th in line the way i see it.

4.yeah f-zero pilot might have been a crash

5.maybe they are saving shiek ? honestly my friend hopes she's not , i dont disagree with the conclusion but its a bit...wierd... then again its wierd with no twilight princess shiek :laugh:.

6.vaati , LOZ can fit maybe even five or six reps ? besides vaati has been in more games than midna + is the second most reoccuring character , if shiek gets her own space and ww link comes through i doubt it but he does deserve credit.

7.andy , not sure that could involve more studies :p

8.bomberman = not a joke , hudson has helped with adding a load full to the nintendo vc _ didnt they help with a mario spin off called party ? :laugh: then again third party characters we are completely clueless about

9.tom nook , while he was shown in the backround sakurai has interest in him and the marketing rule keeps him there , besides answer really is why should he not be in ? maybe the crosser has arguements with that as well..as for he cant fight i meen come on does that really matter when sakurai is a creative guy ? i'd say his chances would be 65% or so but i could be wrong.

10.wolf o donell , wait what does the PRA meen ? :psycho: anyways he has high popularity and adds to the villian count , he HAS a chance but CAN be outprioritized by falco.(im saying give him a bit more precentage , but it doesent really matter.)

11.paper mario , wait...why not mention him ? :(..i meen the doc got in...

12.chibi -robo could have a chance there 0=

13.with all these great suggest im just wondering...WHY DO YOU STILL HAVE DARK SAMUS ON THERE ? , i meen seriously it just shouldnt be there with all these , :/.

anyways good luck with continuing the probable roaster , i will add suggestions as well when i see em :chuckle: , oh and thanks for listening :).

oh for the reference note on jeff dr.lobe and many others (jeff was mentioned one time less , takamaru and tom nook were mentioned three times)
i cut some off so it wouldnt like like spam :p.
1. Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) (5 entries)
2. King Dedede (Kirby franchise) (5 entries)
3. Krystal (Star Fox franchise) (4 entries)
4. Ridley (Metroid franchise) (4 entries)
6. Claus (Mother 3) (4 entries)
7. Diddy Kong (DK franchise) (4 entries)
8. Takamaru (The Mystery of Murasume's Castle) (3 entries)
9. Tom Nook (Animal Crossing franchise) (3 entries)
10. Captain Olimar (Pikmin franchise) (2 entries)
12. Black Shadow (F-Zero franchise) (2 entries)
14. Jeff (Mother 2/ Earthbound) (2 entries)
16. King K. Rool (DK franchise) (2 entries)
18. Professor Kawashima (Brain Age) (2 entries)
21. Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight) (2 entries)

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
Ahh the list feels correct now.

I'm hardly a DK fanboy though (if im one of them your refering to). I was trying to take an objective look at your list and take into account peoples chances given your rules and there was no reason for Dixie to be behind K Rool. I think you let your personal feelings cloud your judgement of K Rool's chances.

Great thread though...even if i am about to nitpick something else...

Stafy being on the list makes sense but if any new franchises are going to be introduced I can see it being from 'Pikmin', 'Animal Crossing', 'Golden Sun', The 'Wii' series or Custom Robo first. Since the animal crossing subject is quite a contorversial one ill not bother mentioning it further. Same with the Wii series since their already aviatars (hardly conclusive proof their not in but i see why some see it like that) and since Olimar and Isaac are higher anyway i think ill just bring up Ray's chances.

Custom Robo is an established franchise internationaly and has featured on most of Nintendos home consoles. Custom Robo has a following in the west and from what ive heard from other users (although im not sure how they know this) it has in Japan. The 'Ray' character also proposes much more originality and moveset potential than Stafy. The SE storyline shows that Sakurai and co are making Smash Bros a bit darker this time around meaning Ray wont look out of place (if Ridleys in especially).

Im not argueing for you to remove Stafy for Ray but i think you should consider it.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
oh um btw the reason why yet he has to show shiek could be due to a suprise ;) , i meen come on then why has he been hidding kirby's FS this whole time? or captain falcon or other things we know about etc...

as for nobletoast yes ra does have a fighting chance but WHY take stafy off ? seriously i dont get that , it would be more likely to take dark samus off :|.

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
oh um btw the reason why yet he has to show shiek could be due to a suprise ;) , i meen come on then why has he been hidding kirby's FS this whole time? or captain falcon or other things we know about etc...

as for nobletoast yes ra does have a fighting chance but WHY take stafy off ? seriously i dont get that , it would be more likely to take dark samus off :|.
I'm not saying Stafy should be taken off just that Homlessvagrant should consider moving Ray ahead of Stafy because of the aforementioned reasons in my post. Im also not argueing that he definatly has more chance but its something that should be considered and discussed in this thread.

Since Dark Samus is 50th then it is her who should be knocked off the list pending Ray's arrival.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I'm not saying Stafy should be taken off just that Homlessvagrant should consider moving Ray ahead of Stafy because of the aforementioned reasons in my post. Im also not argueing that he definatly has more chance but its something that should be considered and discussed in this thread.

Since Dark Samus is 50th then it is her who should be knocked off the list pending Ray's arrival.
oh , ray would then go on the wtf or be in the 50's or around stafy is were my guess goes :laugh: , as for ac tom nook is actually quite probable.

ChozoChampion

Smash Apprentice
Even though i love metroid i agree that dark samus will probably not be a PC. i hope that she is some sort of alt costume though....wonder what zamus alt costume would be for that?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
homeless , do you have the full picture of the lucario one by the way ? , i wanted to use the "full" picture to show my friends , anyways when will this get updated again... :/.EDITT found it , anyways here are some other ideas to the roaster
oh nevermind anyways here are some notes i would like to say...(more things) btw you need to update this :p. anyways sorry about my tons of suggestions , just drop me by a pm or ask me further explination's on each character.

-wolf , raise his percentage , seriously not by "that" much but he is still very popular + could have been added since smash 64 O.O.
-shiek , ok she deserves to be on but 86%....a bit to high dont you think ? take her percentage down a bit seriously.
-meowth , i backtracked this a bit , while he could replace jigglypuff and is immsensingly popular overpopulation rules against him.
-paper mario , he deserves some credit ... right ? ... right ??????
-daroach for one of the "wtf" characters , can happen , i doubt it :p.
-jeff for wtf char , ditto
-chibi robo , didnt nintendo buy copyrights to this one ? i think if so after paying the cash they should at least use him in some way + he is popular.
-ray , not sure on this , he shouldnt be above stafy but on the list
-andy - yes he has a bit of popularity , i can see him in as a pc.
-if baloon fighter cant make it in here put him in the wierd section as well.
-acer or tom nook has a pretty well chance set-in stone.
-bomberman = hudsons vc
-split the newcomer/veteran section maybe O.O , im not sure but i think you should do that
-roy has somewhat of a chance.

~Thethirdkoopa.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
This is an extremely good list.

However Bomberman is no joke. And should be considered. Maybe not the top five but close to Pacman and Belmont in chance. Banjo & Kazooie have quite a high chance too.

I also know Black Knight should be lower on that list. Overpopulation and lack of uniqueness are two or the greatest disadvantages possible and they're HUGE on him. When Marth and Micaiah are that high, he shouldn't even be on the list.

Maybe switch him with Balloon Fighter. BF was only considered for melee but couldn't with balloon complications and a competition among retros. He's imesurably unique and I beleive the sticker doesn't discredit him enough.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
1.top five WTF characters , good place to put things like dr.lobe in :psycho:.

6.vaati , LOZ can fit maybe even five or six reps ? besides vaati has been in more games than midna + is the second most reoccuring character , if shiek gets her own space and ww link comes through i doubt it but he does deserve credit.

9.tom nook , while he was shown in the backround sakurai has interest in him and the marketing rule keeps him there , besides answer really is why should he not be in ? maybe the crosser has arguements with that as well..as for he cant fight i meen come on does that really matter when sakurai is a creative guy ? i'd say his chances would be 65% or so but i could be wrong.

11.paper mario , wait...why not mention him ? :(..i meen the doc got in...

12.chibi -robo could have a chance there 0=

13.with all these great suggest im just wondering...WHY DO YOU STILL HAVE DARK SAMUS ON THERE ? , i meen seriously it just shouldnt be there with all these , :/.

anyways good luck with continuing the probable roaster , i will add suggestions as well when i see em :chuckle: , oh and thanks for listening :).
1) I probably will add that later, you'll just have to wait and see

6)Yeah, but you can actually play as Midna. Plus she has more support and Loz already has a villain to represent them. It would be like adding Tatanga or Wart as a PC.

9)I can't add him for the very reason that he is in the background. I need to have rules that limit my list. It's on order that my list is accurate. However I do believe Nook has a chance. Maybe he could go on the WTF list :)

11)Dude Dr. Mario was a clone. He was rushed into brawl. You have to think outside the clones when thinking of probability. All clones were not meant to be in melee originally and were only thrown in to increase the PC roster.

12)Yes but not a big one. You might be really shooting high with hopes for him.

13)He just has more probability than other characters. I mean how does Chibi, Paper Mario, or Jeff out prioritize Dark Samus

Stafy being on the list makes sense but if any new franchises are going to be introduced I can see it being from 'Pikmin', 'Animal Crossing', 'Golden Sun', The 'Wii' series or Custom Robo first. Since the animal crossing subject is quite a contorversial one ill not bother mentioning it further. Same with the Wii series since their already aviatars (hardly conclusive proof their not in but i see why some see it like that) and since Olimar and Isaac are higher anyway i think ill just bring up Ray's chances.

Custom Robo is an established franchise internationaly and has featured on most of Nintendos home consoles. Custom Robo has a following in the west and from what ive heard from other users (although im not sure how they know this) it has in Japan. The 'Ray' character also proposes much more originality and moveset potential than Stafy. The SE storyline shows that Sakurai and co are making Smash Bros a bit darker this time around meaning Ray wont look out of place (if Ridleys in especially).

Im not argueing for you to remove Stafy for Ray but i think you should consider it.
Well the Golden sun character as well as olimar are higher than Stafy so :/. And by far I have recieved no probable AC character. But the real thing against the AC character might be that he goes against the snake rule by having household weapons that are easy to aquire. But still I'm a big fan of AC and if you can give me a PC I look at him for possibility to list. Custom Robo on the other hand just doesn't seem to have the heart of Stafy. Stafy while still grounded in Japan still is quite popular and fits well with Sakurai's style. Still I'll look into it.

This is an extremely good list.

However Bomberman is no joke. And should be considered. Maybe not the top five but close to Pacman and Belmont in chance. Banjo & Kazooie have quite a high chance too.

I also know Black Knight should be lower on that list. Overpopulation and lack of uniqueness are two or the greatest disadvantages possible and they're HUGE on him. When Marth and Micaiah are that high, he shouldn't even be on the list.

Maybe switch him with Balloon Fighter. BF was only considered for melee but couldn't with balloon complications and a competition among retros. He's imesurably unique and I beleive the sticker doesn't discredit him enough.
Thanks

Really I think you may be misguided in some areas. I'll look at bomberman but I really she Rayman having much more of a chance than Bomberman (anyone remember the Ubisoft rumor). Banjo Kazooie hasn't got the slightest chances. Rare owns him and Microsoft owns Rare. So no bone there.

With Bk however you must understand that while Micaiah and Marth are higher than him on the list doesn't mean they're in the game. If they are, BK will be taken off the list in a heart beat. However until then, BK stays. He's got support after all.

Really I call bogus on the whole Sakurai wants Balloon fighter in. I need evidence on this one. I keep hearing it and no one has anything to support it. Pit and IC had behind the scenes reasons for being in brawl. G&W had a behind the scenes reason for being in melee. I see nothing For BF.

(If I'm wrong however correct me with the truth)

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
i personally dont want to see geno in brawl. all he is is fanbase.......thats realy all he is if you can give me more than that ill be ok but if all he is is fanbase than i personaly dont want to see him in.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
1) I probably will add that later, you'll just have to wait and see

6)Yeah, but you can actually play as Midna. Plus she has more support and Loz already has a villain to represent them. It would be like adding Tatanga or Wart as a PC.

9)I can't add him for the very reason that he is in the background. I need to have rules that limit my list. It's on order that my list is accurate. However I do believe Nook has a chance. Maybe he could go on the WTF list :)

11)Dude Dr. Mario was a clone. He was rushed into brawl. You have to think outside the clones when thinking of probability. All clones were not meant to be in melee originally and were only thrown in to increase the PC roster.

12)Yes but not a big one. You might be really shooting high with hopes for him.

13)He just has more probability than other characters. I mean how does Chibi, Paper Mario, or Jeff out prioritize Dark Samus

Well the Golden sun character as well as olimar are higher than Stafy so :/. And by far I have recieved no probable AC character. But the real thing against the AC character might be that he goes against the snake rule by having household weapons that are easy to aquire. But still I'm a big fan of AC and if you can give me a PC I look at him for possibility to list. Custom Robo on the other hand just doesn't seem to have the heart of Stafy. Stafy while still grounded in Japan still is quite popular and fits well with Sakurai's style. Still I'll look into it.
yes vaati would be a bit of a shocker.

9.uhh "his series has sold a lot" "has an icon to rep it" "sakurai has shown interest into it (3 FRIGGEN TIMES MENTIONED)" "is a unique character" , only things stopping him is one you dont play as him , 2. backround.
11.paper mario has had THREE very famous games + paper mario is a bit in his way of his own character and the 8bit update SHOWS that 2-d characters are more accepted , the only thing stopping him is overpopulation.

12.chibi , ok chibi doesent have the "highest" chances but should definantly replace ds , i meen didnt nintendo pay for him ? he would be verycraetive and is pretty well known , ican see hisspace on there (not such a high chance)

13.good point here on paper mario , that outprioritizes and same with jeff a bit but technically in a way lucas is the new ness and if ness it out then we could see lucas claus and jeff but i doubt it , chibi robo THEY STILL PAID RIGHTS TO HIM ,and nookie and him outoutprioritize dark samus .

still this is a very good roaster , only other thing i see is some percentages are under/overpowered a bit but this is a very nice roaster.

oh and some other points i would like to make on probable characters.

-black knight - on a note why do you still have him on there with michiah and marth with such high percentages ? maybe lower his a bit.
-a "mention list" how about people that are still mentioned (not explained)" eh ? :p just wondering.
-andy , actually with the advance wars having a bit of popularity i can see this one getting in , still you'd need feedback
-shiek ? 86 ? ok i can understand it in the 70-80's but seriously she is only popular in the world of smash due to her moveset.
-paper mario and jeff still have "Somewhat" of a chance.

anyways i still thing this is a very good roaster , keep up the good work with it :).

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Your rules are crap. There are plenty of people who expected those things.

edit: How about the "Metroid Rule": Sakurai wants more Metroid characters and Ridley is the only one. You still need to have him above Krystal. Your list will continue to be nothing but crap until you fix that.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l

edit: How about the "Metroid Rule": Sakurai wants more Metroid characters and Ridley is the only one. You still need to have him above Krystal. Your list will continue to be nothing but crap until you fix that.
thats a poor argument hes not going to change it just for saying "There should be more metroid characters"

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
I wasnt argueing for the inclusion of an Animal Crossing character. That subjects been done to death so ill let my opinion lie on that one. I also KNOW that you had a higher Golden Sun and Pikmin character than Stafy. I put that in my post.

My post was concerning Ray 01. Who I think is well in one of the 30 most likely characters (50 in your list, 20 confirmed). And your proof and well though out opinion of the character is he doesnt have the 'heart'. What sort of justification is that considering this is an objective and reasonable list (now that K Rools included anyway :) )

My opinion is Ray 01 has more of a chance that Stafy but id like to hear a second one. Saying he doesnt have the heart is hardly a reasonable argument.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Paper Mario not on this list makes me cry.
Please explain why.
Keep in mind that Paper Mario has three great games' worth of moves to call upon, and would not be a clone in any sense of the word. He's got the WTF?! factor going for him. And Paper Mario is an important part of the mario series.

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
Paper Mario not on this list makes me cry.
Please explain why.
Keep in mind that Paper Mario has three great games' worth of moves to call upon, and would not be a clone in any sense of the word. He's got the WTF?! factor going for him. And Paper Mario is an important part of the mario series.
To be honest id prefer Paper Mario to Bowser Jr anyday. How likely that is, is debateable though.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
To be honest id prefer Paper Mario to Bowser Jr anyday. How likely that is, is debateable though.
first off even through you see i and a lot of other people argueing on this a lot and debating this is still a FANTASTIC roaster , im just trying to help.
well paper mario has had 3 succesful games , the marketing rule , is more recognizeable and interesting than bowser jr.(opinion not fact , but all he did in mario strikers charged is scream and all he did in sunshine was make paint) + paper mario still has somewhat of a chance .

oh and i saw your line homless on page 14 about "argue your character relentlessly" so i will do so .

uniqueness:tom nook has that definantly for sure , he can be able to use many various moves from the items in his shop to his apron and random leaves turning into items.

popularity:dont tell me he doesent have that ? animal crossing is a very popular series.

icon:we have one , stage music at item , what else do we need ?

sakurai's interest:sakurai has mentioned this character THREE times , thats as much as takamaru and k rool when i saw , and like number 9 on that list so i dont think he would throw away the idea just yet.

oh and chibi robo + andy do deserve spaces also , they are unique have a bit of popularity and are good for new franchises.

jeff:ok im going to announce this right here right now , 3 earthbound character's COULD make it in and if ness doesent jeff claus and lucas can (Since lucasa can be argued to be the new face of mother , aka the new ness)

paper mario:with 3 widely succesfull games uniqueness and popularity + The fantismu article with the paper mario door he could get in , ww link has only had like 2 more games than him + you have six LOZ characters on their and shiek with insane percentages.

baloon fighter :unique :CHECK , retro:CHECK , gliding update supporting gliding characters :CHECk im a bit iffy on this one through.

f-zero racer:seriously you really should have another one , ds over jeff paper mario baloon fighter chibi robo tom nook and andy + THIS = ridiculous.

another pokemon:ok this one can be a maybe but come on , you have SIX LOZ reps on there :/ im not to sure but consider it.

ray:he still has pretty good popularity and everything to still be considered in.

i will argue for tom nook relentlessly if i have to , besides you said i could :laugh:!

anyways still a great roaster! i truely think you have done a fantastic job with it so far still.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
yes vaati would be a bit of a shocker.

9.uhh "his series has sold a lot" "has an icon to rep it" "sakurai has shown interest into it (3 FRIGGEN TIMES MENTIONED)" "is a unique character" , only things stopping him is one you dont play as him , 2. backround.
11.paper mario has had THREE very famous games + paper mario is a bit in his way of his own character and the 8bit update SHOWS that 2-d characters are more accepted , the only thing stopping him is overpopulation.

12.chibi , ok chibi doesent have the "highest" chances but should definantly replace ds , i meen didnt nintendo pay for him ? he would be verycraetive and is pretty well known , ican see hisspace on there (not such a high chance)

13.good point here on paper mario , that outprioritizes and same with jeff a bit but technically in a way lucas is the new ness and if ness it out then we could see lucas claus and jeff but i doubt it , chibi robo THEY STILL PAID RIGHTS TO HIM ,and nookie and him outoutprioritize dark samus .

still this is a very good roaster , only other thing i see is some percentages are under/overpowered a bit but this is a very nice roaster.

oh and some other points i would like to make on probable characters.

-black knight - on a note why do you still have him on there with michiah and marth with such high percentages ? maybe lower his a bit.
-a "mention list" how about people that are still mentioned (not explained)" eh ? :p just wondering.
-andy , actually with the advance wars having a bit of popularity i can see this one getting in , still you'd need feedback
-shiek ? 86 ? ok i can understand it in the 70-80's but seriously she is only popular in the world of smash due to her moveset.
-paper mario and jeff still have "Somewhat" of a chance.

anyways i still thing this is a very good roaster , keep up the good work with it :).
9)Dude, I've went over Nook so many times it's not funny. Check out past posts for that. Look for Green letters because that's the guy I commited on. It should be on page 11 or so.

11)And the thing is Paper Mario only has three games and they are side games. Bowser Jr. has jumped into the main Mario staple. He has a chance I'll admit and I'll look at him again. But honestly I don't see Sakurai making him anymore than a assist trophy if anything. But I'll look into it.

12) Sakurai's making the game not nintendo. So I doubt Nintendo's buisness deals will make him even considered for brawl. I believe he was in just one game and if I remember right It wasn't even popular. I can see him as possibly a an At but remeber Nintendo isn't a bunch of sale outs they choose things they believe will raise interest in their merchandise. I see chibi being a wate of a character selection slot. You even mentioned he hardly had a chance.

13)Dark Knight is up in his slot because a bunch of BK supporters suggested so and they gave nice evidence. I'll consider Andy but guys Sakurai isn't going to use a bunch of his slot PC for other lesser franchises. Now I know Advanced Wars isn't lesser than some (Chibi Robo) so I'll look into him.

Congratulations you get the dictate halfwit award for being by far the stupidest Board member to stumble upon my thread. I don't mind the occasional idiot once in a while but when they think they have intelligencesbd [sic] then I say for shame.

Not only is your intelligence completely evidence in your sorry post which I soon will get but your far superior mind seemed to fail to grasp an actual facts partaining with Sakurai's preference of Smash bros. in general. Your "Metroid rule" for say wouldn't state nothing more than the fact that a Metroid Character will be in the game which in terms of your logic proves that Gandrayada and Dark Samus are shoe-ins. Your ignorance baffles me in this matter but even more that you say Ridley should be before Krystal even though Sakurai mentioned her specifically in keys of interest.

Plus my rules do nothing more to be stablized for arguments for those who don't know. Wow, your post is trash and I'm ashamed you had to lay that turd on here. Actually if this post is what you say it is then you should feel right at home. What annoys me about you is that you think you know precisely what is going to happen in brawl and drown yourself in your ignorance. And I know now that you'll either continue to whine on my thread with insultive words in a meat headed attempt to prove your noobish worth or that you'll leave in a temper tantrum replying to yourself or others how much you think the hoimeless guy is worth trash. Either so I don't care just get you some intelligence by the way (the grammer was sarcasm if you didn't know =_=)

(I can understand being flamed for a stupid move but it seems like this guy is a troll taking kicks off of flaming for stupid stuff rather than posting his own worthless thread)

I wasnt argueing for the inclusion of an Animal Crossing character. That subjects been done to death so ill let my opinion lie on that one. I also KNOW that you had a higher Golden Sun and Pikmin character than Stafy. I put that in my post.

My post was concerning Ray 01. Who I think is well in one of the 30 most likely characters (50 in your list, 20 confirmed). And your proof and well though out opinion of the character is he doesnt have the 'heart'. What sort of justification is that considering this is an objective and reasonable list (now that K Rools included anyway :) )

My opinion is Ray 01 has more of a chance that Stafy but id like to hear a second one. Saying he doesnt have the heart is hardly a reasonable argument.
I said i would consider it.....But Stafy is more popular than you think. Still ray will be considered.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
first off even through you see i and a lot of other people argueing on this a lot and debating this is still a FANTASTIC roaster , im just trying to help.
well paper mario has had 3 succesful games , the marketing rule , is more recognizeable and interesting than bowser jr.(opinion not fact , but all he did in mario strikers charged is scream and all he did in sunshine was make paint) + paper mario still has somewhat of a chance .

oh and i saw your line homless on page 14 about "argue your character relentlessly" so i will do so .

uniqueness:tom nook has that definantly for sure , he can be able to use many various moves from the items in his shop to his apron and random leaves turning into items.

popularity:dont tell me he doesent have that ? animal crossing is a very popular series.

icon:we have one , stage music at item , what else do we need ?

sakurai's interest:sakurai has mentioned this character THREE times , thats as much as takamaru and k rool when i saw , and like number 9 on that list so i dont think he would throw away the idea just yet.

oh and chibi robo + andy do deserve spaces also , they are unique have a bit of popularity and are good for new franchises.

jeff:ok im going to announce this right here right now , 3 earthbound character's COULD make it in and if ness doesent jeff claus and lucas can (Since lucasa can be argued to be the new face of mother , aka the new ness)

paper mario:with 3 widely succesfull games uniqueness and popularity + The fantismu article with the paper mario door he could get in , ww link has only had like 2 more games than him + you have six LOZ characters on their and shiek with insane percentages.

baloon fighter :unique :CHECK , retro:CHECK , gliding update supporting gliding characters :CHECk im a bit iffy on this one through.

f-zero racer:seriously you really should have another one , ds over jeff paper mario baloon fighter chibi robo tom nook and andy + THIS = ridiculous.

another pokemon:ok this one can be a maybe but come on , you have SIX LOZ reps on there :/ im not to sure but consider it.

ray:he still has pretty good popularity and everything to still be considered in.

i will argue for tom nook relentlessly if i have to , besides you said i could :laugh:!

anyways still a great roaster! i truely think you have done a fantastic job with it so far still.
first off i dont think ill quote the other post since i can remember what you said on it oh and do you mind if i start one of these at the fan made forums on nsider2 ? (just wondering , it will be different but not byassed) anyways on another note all bowser jr did in sunshine was get in a huge robot , strikers = all he did was scream and throw paint at me , i meen paper mario has made a "bigger" stapple since i kind of see bowser jr as a fad character to my eyes O_O but then again poll suggestons do change some things.

andy/chibi robo:one of these SHOULD be added , btw chibi robo park control on ds , just because sakurai is making the game doesent meen we should just mark out the creativity within the characters , besides i took a poll test (this wont matter but..) more people knew chibi robo than captain olmair (about the same , 7>6 on a 10 test) so i think they should at least get recommended rather than the screaming fad character ? the boxer ? the darkness of a hero ? -_-...

tom nook - look into it , he really should be on there because 1."sakurai's interest (THREE FRIGGEN TIMES) 2.HUGE popularity (Shockingly) 3.the marketing rule. 4. they have an icon
5.he is unique , those are pretty much the main reasons on why you have a character up there IN THE FIRST PLACE.

f-zero racer:your call.

jeff:we have 4 fe character up there , i meen fe does deserve 3 reps but we are still unshure on earthbound so im not putting that many comments on it.

anything else ive seen that is not spam:look into it , besides you ARE trying to make this roaster the most probable right ? :laugh: and its doing a FANTASTIC job so far , i cant wait for the WTF list also.

~Thirdkoopa.

Kinnikuman

Smash Cadet
Oh nu'uh

I'm going ot ignore that u didn't include Tom Nook in your roster.
It's cause his chances are 110% right?

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
with sonic appearing as a brawl character some minor ajustments have been made. I'll probably look through the list later to change any paradoxes. Oh also I will reply to your posts soon. Unfortunately for right now I'm caught up with work. Thank you for understanding.

here's the bio for Dark Samus for those who have interest:

Dark Samus =35%
Yeah, Dark Samus. The only way I can see him making it is if Sakurai gets stupid and decides not to put in Ridley and instead put in fun Samus clones! Yeah and Dark Samus slot will be right next to Rick Wheeler and Waluigi. I won't say that this character couldn't have an original moveset but I'll make sure to point out that Dark samus is as much a original character as Shadow Kirby (and suprisngly we don't see him on the list).

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
Rayman two places more likely than Mega Man...man you have balls.

Id prefer Rayman anyday but the MegaMan fans are not going to lie down easy.

Win/Win if you ask me.

Top Bottom