• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Probable Character Roster 3.0 ^_^

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Take out Micaiah (doubt there will be 2 FE characters from the SAME timeline)

Change Ness to 45%

add Takamaru (the most wanted Japan only character)
What's wrong with a female magic user? Add her I say. Mikaya 4 BRAWL!

Am I the only one who would be uber excited to see Banjo and Kazooie (as one character)? Think of the moves already established for the character...it would be totally kick@$$ and easy to pull off! While the franchise moving to Microsoft totally degenerates any chances of being in SSBB, in a totally hypothetical post, wouldn't it just be awesome?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Am I the only one who would be uber excited to see Banjo and Kazooie (as one character)? Think of the moves already established for the character...it would be totally kick@$$ and easy to pull off! While the franchise moving to Microsoft totally degenerates any chances of being in SSBB, in a totally hypothetical post, wouldn't it just be awesome?
He's 4th party

Conker1

Smash Ace
Maybe a little off the current topic, but I'd like to know why everyone is so insistant on Lucas taking Ness's place. Aside from Lucas being on Sakurai's poll, (he scored pretty low) I've yet to see any reason or evidence that this will happen. Ness can be fixed, just like all the other low tier characters that have already been shown. Also, without a new Earthbound game coming out, there isn't really a reason to go out of the way to include Lucas.

Someone throw me a bone.
Because if Earthbound 64 was released Sakurai said Lucas would've replaced Ness in Melee.

It really doesn't make sense and people just like jumping to conclusions as fast as they can. I really doubt Ness will not be in the game. Sakurai wants to avoid Japan-Only characters, replacing a character that is well-known by Smash fans in America and Europe with some Japan-only character they've never heard of just isn't gonna happen.

It's like saying Marth isn't gonna be in the game because he hasn't had a game in a while. Sakurai obviously doesn't care about that though.

All I have to say to that is

Ondo

Smash Apprentice
The reason Me and wiseguy both go with a 40 character list isn't inspiration from one another. Sakurai said something about putting around 40 characters in soooo I'm sticking with Sakurai.
Actually, I'm pretty sure Sakurai never said that - it was just claimed he did as part of the same rumor that claimed Ice Climbers were cut.

It's still a reasonable guess, of course, but nothing more than that.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
He's 4th party
I don't think there's such a thing as 4th party.
1st is owned and made by Nintendo
2nd is a company or character owned by nintendo but not made by them
3rd party is not owned or made by nintendo so banjo would go under that

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Homelessvagrant it seems to me like you're a DKC hater, the series hasn't lost all it's popularity, they've just gone underground and become bitter and *****y and the DK series is still Nintendo's 4th best selling series and should get equal representation for it's commercial power.
You say K.Rool is unpopular that's BS, ask the DK fans (the ones at DKU, you know the real fans) we still love K.Rool, just because you don't love the british humour that Rare used to intertwine within his character and the Japanese fail at interperting doesn't mean everybody does, he's a very popular character which is why he's never been replaced in a real Donkey Kong game.
You also say that he is unoriginal in his moves which is just BS, so I'm just going to assume you never got up to him in the DKCs/DKLs and never even played DK64 let alone beat it because if you did you wouldn't be saying that (or you would be very stupid to do so) How are his moves represented in Brawl?

psyniac_123 Why would they use Tiny over Dixie? They only used her instead of Dixie once, a mistake that won't be made again.

Oldskool that's just stupid just because Ike and Micaiah are from the same timeline doesn't mean jack. Micaiah is a unique, popular, important female character in the series and would make a wonderful addition to Brawl, I don't think Sakurai would give a **** that Ike is allready in.

So, let's get to the point... Banjo and Kazooie would be awsome, but Nintendo sold Rare. Made me loose faith in Nintendo, made me buy an X-Box, a purchase I have yet to regret but not even Melee could make me keep my cube, I sold it and haven't looked back since.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
@ Xianfeng, King K. Rool would be very cool, better then Dixie, but he's already added Diddy Kong and it will stay at that. I can't remember a Donkey Kong game since the SNES and I think Diddy Kong was put in mostly because of poll results and MSC. I liked DKC 3, even paid some extra cash to get a version with box and manual. But really, Donkey and Diddy is enough and I don't see how that makes Homelessvagrant a DKC hater.

And how can you say Banjo and Kazooie would be awesome, those 2 are miles away from Smash. Also, I have both a Xbox and a Cube and my Xbox is just collecting dust, so I have no idea what your point is.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Homelessvagrant it seems to me like you're a DKC hater, the series hasn't lost all it's popularity, they've just gone underground and become bitter and *****y and the DK series is still Nintendo's 4th best selling series and should get equal representation for it's commercial power.
You say K.Rool is unpopular that's BS, ask the DK fans (the ones at DKU, you know the real fans) we still love K.Rool, just because you don't love the british humour that Rare used to intertwine within his character and the Japanese fail at interperting doesn't mean everybody does, he's a very popular character which is why he's never been replaced in a real Donkey Kong game.
You also say that he is unoriginal in his moves which is just BS, so I'm just going to assume you never got up to him in the DKCs/DKLs and never even played DK64 let alone beat it because if you did you wouldn't be saying that (or you would be very stupid to do so) How are his moves represented in Brawl?
I'm not a DKC hater, but I think you're a little obssessed with the game. Of course Dk fans are going to like DK characters. And they'd be about the only ones (for characters like these[I like me some Diddy]). Who else can say they think this character is is popular or cool. Take a character like Lucas or Ridley where even people who aren't particularly fond of the franchise support these characters (Heck the japanese are about against Metroid and they want Ridley in) that's popularity. I won't say I hate K. Rool, just the idea of him being a playable character.

British Humor? wow that's a great reason to put K. Rool in brawl. I don't care if K. rool or Dixie are part of a british joke, that's not going to make Sakurai want to put them into brawl. Look for a more british developer to implement them into his/her game.

Well I've never completed the 64 kong game and if K. Rool somehow got obsessively original then my bad. However I have beat the other three and like I said before he's laaame. What I remember is a ramming, high jumping, unbelievably boring K. Rool. the K. Rool I remember made a living out of jumping on the opponent, ramming them or throwing his crown like a boomerang. The only other attacks dealt with outside forces like boats or ships shooting projectiles at the player. Okay please explain the originality.

Please note I'm not trying to Diss so don't take this to any offense

Take out Micaiah (doubt there will be 2 FE characters from the SAME timeline)

Change Ness to 45%

add Takamaru (the most wanted Japan only character)
Umm Oldskool, Takamaru is already on the list. Do you me to up his chances? I wouldn't consider Ness out just yet. Truly I'm still skeptical that Ness is out just because of Lucas. IMO if only one earthbound character is in the game it'll be Ness. Also with people telling me to up his chances I can't lower his chances because of one persons opinion. And the Micaiah argument is Hogwash dude.

Actually, I'm pretty sure Sakurai never said that - it was just claimed he did as part of the same rumor that claimed Ice Climbers were cut.

It's still a reasonable guess, of course, but nothing more than that.
It might be a rumor but Even Mods believe this one and I'm sure it came from the translation site meaning it's from the dojo itself meaning it's definitly not a rumor. I'll go check though (Also we don't Sakurai to see with the 19 roster we have now that a roster of 40 seems like the likely happening)

...Regardless...I just want SOMEBODY to agree with me about how awesome it would be. I said he didn't have a chance, and that it was totally hypothetical :)
I've never played Banjo Kazooie but I think from what I've seen he'd make a truly interesting character (if not a awesome one)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And on a final note I'd like to say that I'm going to be adding some new things to the character roster including new popularity postings, new links to the respective threads, and a five slot of the most probable third party characters. I'm also thinking of some other possible additions and if you have an idea then tell me. i'll try to be open as possible. I don't know when the update wioll be made but it's safe to assume it will be by the beginning or end of Sunday, IDK. Alright peace guys keep the posts up

Update:Snake updated, new pic and link to snakes Dojo profile (just click on the pic).

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
I'd have to agree about K. Rool. I've played DK64 and just re-watched the Boss Battle on YouTube, along with K. Rool's battles from the Donkey Kong Country games (although I admit I've only played one of them years upon years ago) and there wasn't anything ground-breakingly original about it.

All I remember was a boomerang crown (Peach is already the resident crown-whacker and Link is our boomerang man), and some sort of a Muskette was it? I guess that ties back in with the Brittish humour thing. Anyway, we've already got plenty of types of guns (Fox's Blaster, Snake's various pieces of weaponary are sort of like guns, and Samus/Zamus has god-knows-what). The only other thing K. Rool really did was run/charge/butt-slam, and we've already got BOTH Yoshi AND Bowser as butt-bouncers. Aside from having a bung eye and unusually individually flexible toes (see: Tiny Kong's part of DK64 boss battle >.< god that was wierd), I don't see anything original about him other than a less-famous Bowser-type "thing".

And yes, on a side note Banjo-Kazooie (had Rare not defected like the traitors they are, depriving Nintendo of the soon-to-be "Banjo-Threeie") would have been an absolutely awesome addition. God, I loved those games. Brings back the memories.

Gentleman

Smash Rookie
It's looking good so far, Homelessvagrant.

Another reason why Capt. Falcon is sure to be in it, is because there's a Samurai Goroh Assist Trophy.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
How high do you think Kumatora's chances are from MOTHER 3? I can't say for sure but here are some advantages and disadvantages.

+ Is more unique than Paula or Ana
+ Is a princess but neither looks or acts like it.
+ Has the exclusive PK Ground and also has PK Starstorm.
+ Primary attacks are with her fists.
+ Was mentioned on Sakurai's poll once.

- Was only mentioned once while Lucas and Claus were mentioned multiple times.
- Is understandably obscure outside of Japan.

hungrybum

Smash Journeyman
ok.. I really think that pikachu's considered villain, meowth (since the pokemons in the game are anime-based) should be higher considered.
I mean, i think that he was on the first smash brothers roster and that he was cut due to budget limitations along with other characters (bowser,peach and i think Dedede) so in the original he was put in a pokeball.
In the second game of the series, meowth was also considered to be a playable character but got cut and replaced by an annoying pokemon clone who was quicker to create and this time due to time limitation.
However he didnt appear again as a pokeball in melee and was one of the hardest trophies to get (you had to beat all-stars with all the characters in order to get the trophie) wich could superficially boost his chances.
Also, it would be easy to make him a moveset since he his an original, unique character.
He could use some of his well-known moves such as faint attack, steal and pay day.
His final smash could be based on the canceled game meowth's party where he would play his guitar and attack his foes with sound waves. that's all about meowth

PS: can someone tell me why claus has higher chances then ness's nemesis in mother 2 and the considered main antagonist of mother 3 as the pig mask army leader Pokey Minch?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
ok.. I really think that pikachu's considered villain, meowth (since the pokemons in the game are anime-based) should be higher considered.
I mean, i think that he was on the first smash brothers roster and that he was cut due to budget limitations along with other characters (bowser,peach and i think Dedede) so in the original he was put in a pokeball.
In the second game of the series, meowth was also considered to be a playable character but got cut and replaced by an annoying pokemon clone who was quicker to create and this time due to time limitation.
However he didnt appear again as a pokeball in melee and was one of the hardest trophies to get (you had to beat all-stars with all the characters in order to get the trophie) wich could superficially boost his chances.
Also, it would be easy to make him a moveset since he his an original, unique character.
He could use some of his well-known moves such as faint attack, steal and pay day.
His final smash could be based on the canceled game meowth's party where he would play his guitar and attack his foes with sound waves. that's all about meowth

PS: can someone tell me why claus has higher chances then ness's nemesis in mother 2 and the considered main antagonist of mother 3 as the pig mask army leader Pokey Minch?
More importantly, why does Claus have a higher chance than anyone else? I think he's questionable due to the storyline. Unlike Sheik and Zelda, the Masked Man's identity is a far more major plot twist.

Pokey probably could work as boss. I don't know how he'd work as a playable character.

Flying Pig

Smash Cadet
Ness will be in this because he was in the first two games and he is a verteran. Lucaus dose not even have maney PSI powers.....I would perfer Flint and ness then Lucaus.

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
50 characters? Too much I think. The low 40's is the highest the roster will go I think. As for Dixie appearing as a third representative than K.Rool, I think its a down right joke. Sure I may be supporting K.Rool to get in but I truly believe that hes chances of getting in are very good. Lets around around 70%. Maybe that is my heart talking and not my brain but hey, we'll see.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
50 characters? Too much I think. The low 40's is the highest the roster will go I think. As for Dixie appearing as a third representative than K.Rool, I think its a down right joke. Sure I may be supporting K.Rool to get in but I truly believe that hes chances of getting in are very good. Lets around around 70%. Maybe that is my heart talking and not my brain but hey, we'll see.
Well, who knows how many people are in the game. Assuming that Ness, Capt. Falcon, Mama Luigi, Jigglypuff, and Mr. Game and Watch are starters, we're going to have 23/25 starting characters.

Also, K. Rool has a much higher chance than Dixie.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
ok thanks, but was pokey still the final boss in mother 3? i can't remember
SPOILERS:

He's the second to last one but he doesn't die. In fact, he pretty much suffers a fate worse than death. The last one is the Masked Man it's a really sad battle.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
How high do you think Kumatora's chances are from MOTHER 3? I can't say for sure but here are some advantages and disadvantages.

+ Is more unique than Paula or Ana
+ Is a princess but neither looks or acts like it.
+ Has the exclusive PK Ground and also has PK Starstorm.
+ Primary attacks are with her fists.
+ Was mentioned on Sakurai's poll once.

- Was only mentioned once while Lucas and Claus were mentioned multiple times.
- Is understandably obscure outside of Japan.
Hmm Kumatora does sound cool. I'd sadly say she has les of a shot tghen said characters like Midna or Poo. She does sound unique in the Earthbound right but she is sadly outprioritized by Lucas, Ness, Claus, Poo and Ninten. I doubt there will be six earthbound characters (let alone three) so she doesn't seem very likely. Still good suggestion

Wow you make a very good Meowth argument. It acctually makes me hope for the feline to be in brawl. However with four already established Pokemon characters, Lucario popping his mug into the brawl scene, an many other pokemon fighting for brawl right, I'm afraid Meowth may be left out in the dust. He might have a chance if they decide to take out jiggly......but I really doubt that will happen. Also the whole rival base seems to be based on anime popularity (which Sakurai is seemingly walk away from, PT shows this). and I can't see any character getting a move from a game that was cancelled. Still we can put one last salute to the cat.

If sakurai had only worked on smash melee another year, who knows what the final roster would have been.

wait Icetrash I don't think there will be 50 characters in brawl. And surely I don't thinkthe roster will be in that order (I doubt personally think Lucario is going to make it). i'm only saying the 50 top characters that have the best chance. I would keel if I found that Dixie made it in (though I have my respect for her).

70% for K. Rool! I'll try to be open minded and will allow you try to explain this for me, but if you've seen any of my older posts than you know that I have many disadvantages to lay on the big crocodile.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note I upped the character roster and added links to each character. Now when you click the characters pic I links you automatically to their respected thread (some characters do not apply). Clicking a confirmed character will as always bring you to their Dojo page. I'll add the third party roster later with other items that will hopefully make this thread even better than is now. also if you have an idea than let it out.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
He's the only pokemon that appears as a trophy that doesn't have any effect ingame. This definitly credits hungrybum's idea that Meowth was planned a pC in melee.
No it's not. The nine Pokemon that appear as trophies before it on the trophy list don't have an effect ingame, either. Meowth's unique trophy was based on its cancelled GCN game and there isn't any evidence of any intention to include him as a PC in either game.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731

No it's not. The nine Pokemon that appear as trophies before it on the trophy list don't have an effect ingame, either. Meowth's unique trophy was based on its cancelled GCN game and there isn't any evidence of any intention to include him as a PC in either game.
you're quite right Devastlian, sorry for the mistake :lol: (wikipedia you lie!!!:mad:)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Ness will be in this because he was in the first two games and he is a verteran. Lucaus dose not even have maney PSI powers.....I would perfer Flint and ness then Lucaus.
Why does everybody hold that "he was in the first two games, therefore he'll be in" as a fact?

That doesn't mean he'll be in this game. My gosh, it even says on the Japanese Melee site (or something like that) that Ness was originally going to be replaced by Lucas, but it didn't happen because Mother 3 wasn't released.

Well, guess what? Now it is.

I really would love to see Ness back... but there is sufficient evidence pointing otherwise. :ohwell:

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Put Gardevoir on the list. I have reasons, but I'm on the Wii, and can't type too well. Look for the Gardevoir thread on this page or the next for reasons.
Yeah i have looked http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=107078 . And I thought of gardevoir when i made this list. I beleive that if the pokemon franchise had 6 reps this would be the sixth (or Darkrai). However there is a doubt there will be more than four. gardevoir doesn't have the significance as other pokes. In the end she (this should be a female only poke) is just another evolution like Exploud. This isn't any need to put gardevoir in. And there are so many other nintendo characters that do. Still Gardevoir would make a fine addition to brawl and I'm not going to completely rule her out.

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
Shiek doesn't count as her own characters, so that means you can move 1, Bowser Jr., up.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Shiek doesn't count as her own characters, so that means you can move 1, Bowser Jr., up.
actually we don't know that. People have asked for shiek to be seperated from Zelda, and shiek was originally built seprate from the transformation. So we can't say Shiek isn't her own character just yet

LuLLo

Smash Ace
I don't understand why Dark Samus' chances are pretty low in comparrison (is that spelled right :p?) to others...She plays a big role in 3 of the most recent Metroid series (or at least the most important part of the series), she is original, she has great moves, just think about all the things possible with Phazon.
The Metroid series need more representation, at least that's what I think. My opinion is that her chances are pretty high as a PC, and I hate to say it, but I have this dark, sinister feeling that Ridley is only a boss..

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand why Dark Samus' chances are pretty low in comparrison (is that spelled right :p?) to others...She plays a big role in 3 of the most recent Metroid series (or at least the most important part of the series), she is original, she has great moves, just think about all the things possible with Phazon.
The Metroid series need more representation, at least that's what I think. My opinion is that her chances are pretty high as a PC, and I hate to say it, but I have this dark, sinister feeling that Ridley is only a boss..
Yeah Dark Samus is totally original despite her look. I mean come on, She IS Metroid Prime, which is the title of the three games. She is pretty much the main villain in the Metroid Prime series, besides Ridley of course. I honestly wouldn't mind of both Ridley and DS made it, but I especially want Dark Samus. Being the mother of all Metroids, and the epitome of phazon, Dark Samus is almost begging to be in Brawl as the main villain to represent the Metroid franchise.

If you still think she's a clone, here's the thread I posted her possible moveset in: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=75400

Go to the last page and you'll see some of the moves Dark Samus can bring to the table.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
She is the main villain of the Prime sub series... not the entire franchise.

Ridley on the other hand has appeared in almost all the games as a main boss and is much more important to the franchise than DS... seeing as it was him that killed Samus's parents which caused her to go with the Chozo and become who she is today.

I mean Dark Samus pales in comparison to Ridley so putting her in before him would be a disgrace to the franchise.

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
She is the main villain of the Prime sub series... not the entire franchise.

Ridley on the other hand has appeared in almost all the games as a main boss and is much more important to the franchise than DS... seeing as it was him that killed Samus's parents which caused her to go with the Chozo and become who she is today.

I mean Dark Samus pales in comparison to Ridley so putting her in before him would be a disgrace to the franchise.
Two more Metroid reps wouldn't hurt at all. I hope they both make it. I know how important Ridley is to the entire franchise, I guess I just like Dark Samus more as a character. I've only played the Prime series and have never went back to play any previous games at all on any platform so you can probably see where I get my love for Dark Samus more than for Ridley. Once I get a Wii though, I'm definately getting Metroid for VC.

Anyway, like I said, I hope they both make it.

Caael

Smash Lord
Dark Samus is almost begging to be in Brawl as the main villain to represent the Metroid franchise.
See, this is where you went wrong. The rest were totally valid points, but this one just nullified anything intelligent you said. You see, there is 10 metroid games. Dark Samus was in 3, Ridley was in 7. Plus Ridley was featured in the official and canon manga. He's the sole reason why Samus is a bounty hunter. Dark Samus is not.

I hope you have realised why you are wrong.

I'm not against Dark Samus, I would just rather Ridley over her in Brawl. As long as Ridley is in, Dark Samus can as well. I'll be angry if DS is in and Ridley not.

Anyway, back to the topic, still no Simon? Just because he's a second Konami rep doesn't mean he doesn't have a chance. It's not fair, Nintendo got loads of reps :p But seriously, Simon isn't the same series as Snake. They come from the same company, that's the only reason that's holding him back. He has loads of moveset potential with his whip and weapons, and he's an awesome character perfect to rep the Castlevania series.

Top Bottom