• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Probable Character Roster 3.0 ^_^

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
WTF? Ok i agree with Bowser Jr, but lower Jiggly chances? raise Meowth's and lower stafy's and Sukapon's chances, kick out Dark Samus for Wobbuffet and Blaziken?

Holy ****, go play pokemon stadium, this is not Super Smash Pokemon Brawl.
Agreed. I don't know where you're pulling this stuff out of. So far, I think the list is great, although it lacks an Animal Crossing character. Otherwise good job Homeless. I'd be pretty pleased with this list.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
I

Well lets first agree 6 Mario characters would be crazy. Since this is not relevant to your argument than we'll put this aside anyways...... let me go through your list (and F-Zero isn't my favorite franchise by the way)

I looked at your list and saw a FE franchise lacked one character, you didn't add the very probable Ridley and G & W making the list once again go over limit. I'll look at Bowser Jr again and fix things but there is no way he's going to go under 40
Actually, Ridley was added.

Samus/Zamus
Ridley

Hence, two.

If your just doing it on programming time ala Wiseguy, then I did, but I wasn't including that.

I think I did leave out an FE character. However, if your going by Wiseguy(from your Ridley comment, I'll assume you are) 40 limit, then you can easily make Black Knight a clone. If you meant three FE characters, then I really don't think so.

Mr. G&W, from what I have read, only has a few things going for him. The icon thing, which is by no means confirmed. Being retro, of which we have two characters, with Sukapon counting as a possible third. Being from SSBM, which doesn't drastically raise chances, as seen in your rating of Ness. He would be unique, I cannot deny that. Also, Mr. G&W is not the root of Nintendo, perhaps a big maker, but without Donkey Kong, followed by Mario Bros, would Nintendo be near as high as they are today.

Yes, I figured he isn't going over fourty, but I think him tying with Wolf/Claus/Little Mac/Black Knight in % would not at all be outside of the realm of the possible or probable.

Also, just a small bit that may be opinionated and is more of me nitpicking, I really think Claus and Wolf should be 62%, they both seem pretty close to Little Mac in %, who is 62%.

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
Percent is just a rough guess, it doesn't mean much. Oh no he's missing 2%, these are't based off of hard facts, just guesses.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
First off, Mario needs more reps and I think Bowser Jr. fits that perfectly. Next, you should lower Jigglypuff's chances to about 70-60 and Mewtwo's to about 78. And Meowth in at around 70, Stafy 65, Sukapon at 70 and Ness at 65. Then, kick out Dixie and put Mr. Resetti at 75-60. Unfortunately, you'd need to take out Dr. Lobe. Dr. Lobe just doesn't really seem to fit smash criteria.
Uh really do I even need to touch this one. And Can't say any Nintendo character doesn't meat smash criteria when all smash's criteria is having arms feet and a game on the nintendo. So yeah... I don't mind taking off the Dr. but somebody's got to argue for someone off the list to get them on to replace him (thinks of Wobuffet), somebody worth on the list.

Why is Lucas so high? And Why is Ridley not above him?
Well we know a Earthbound character will be in brawl and Lucas has been known for a while the character that is suppose to "take ness's spot." It is not something widely debated, Lucas was suppose to be in samsh 64 if I remember right when earthbound 64 was released. Sadly it never happened. With Ridleley uhh........................ he has the same probability as Lucas. I can move him above Lucas if you like, it won't change a thing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frozen Roy hates me. The reason Me and wiseguy both go with a 40 character list isn't inspiration from one another. Sakurai said something about putting around 40 characters in soooo I'm sticking with Sakurai. Dude your being highly biased about G&W. I bet you'd be arguing about lowering Ice climbers chances if Sakurai hadn't said anything. The icon thing means so much (expecially when I here the importance from Kirbykid himself). When multiple people are arguing to raise his status I can't be listen to one person who says he hasn't a shot. Also as low as the probability of the character outside the 40 may seem, really it isn't. Even with Bowser Jr. I'm saying he has a better shot in being in the game then not. So please when you see your beloved characters low on the chart don't see it as dissing, see it as characters who may not seem as probable as others but will suprise everyone when they are actually announced over the seemingly superior. remember I'm not saying the top are definitly going to make it with the bottom being left out. At the beggining of my list Ice climbers were at rank 43 but look where they are now.

Keep rooting for your characters and argue if you think (or know) you have a case.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Agreed. I don't know where you're pulling this stuff out of. So far, I think the list is great, although it lacks an Animal Crossing character. Otherwise good job Homeless. I'd be pretty pleased with this list.
yay thank you. if you believe a AC character has a better shot then I've placed then please explain why so That I'll have reason to add him/her

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I say put in the main protagonists of each Mother game Ninten,Ness and lucas.
Also raise dixie kong's chances because on one of the subspace emissary updtaes it"Everyone, everywhere, is beginning to move against it" which means they might be thinking of putting every main protagonists and antagonists that are alive at the end of each game(except ganondorf who just doesn't die) so this should put King K Rool on the list and important side protagonists like luigi in Super Mario bros. so this means Sakurai could be planning to put in 50 characters and by side protagonists I mean main characters but not as important as as the main protagonists. Also I mean protagonists as the popular and latest ones of game altough will be some exceptions because of ice climbers and the possibalty of a character from the past Fire emblem games like Marth or the Mother series like Ness. ;)
End comlicated speech:laugh:

p.s you can probably tell I like retro games. I also say this I never played a single mother game or fire emblem game so if you no where I can get gameboy advance Fire emblem cheap please tell me

I'm now done sorry for the long message:)

Conker1

Smash Ace
I don't see how you can rank Lucas so high above Ness. Ness is recognized by American and European Smash fans everywhere, Lucas would only be recognized by very few of them.

I would say Stafy has a higher chance than Lucas. He is INSANELY popular in Japan, and he has appeared in 4 of his own games. People underestimate Stafy far too much.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I say put in the main protagonists of each Mother game Ninten, Ness and Lucas.
Also raise Dixie kong's chances because on one of the subspace emissary updates it says"Everyone, everywhere, is beginning to move against it" which means they might be thinking of putting every main protagonists and antagonists that are alive at the end of each game(except ganondorf who just doesn't die) so this should put King K Rool on the list and important side protagonists like Luigi in Super Mario bros. so this means Sakurai could be planning to put in 50 characters. By side protagonists I mean main characters but not as important as as the main protagonists. Also I mean protagonists as the popular and latest ones of game altough will be some exceptions because of Ice climbers and the possibility of a character from the past Fire emblem games like Marth or the Mother series like Ness. ;)
End complicated speech:laugh:

p.s you can probably tell I like retro games. I also will say that I never played a single Mother game or Fire emblem game so if you know where I can get gameboy advance Fire emblem cheap please tell me.

I'm now done sorry for the long message:)
Uh, dude I think you're taking to much of what Sakurai said to heart. You can also assume what he meant is that characters from every franchise were uniting to fight these forces as in just refering to the smash bros whoever they are. Also check Gamestop to find really cheap games.

And by all means your message wasn't too long. However I couldn't help but fix the grammer in your sentence, i'm a nut for grammer :)

I don't see how you can rank Lucas so high above Ness. Ness is recognized by American and European Smash fans everywhere, Lucas would only be recognized by very few of them.

I would say Stafy has a higher chance than Lucas. He is INSANELY popular in Japan, and he has appeared in 4 of his own games. People underestimate Stafy far too much.
It all deals with sakurai, please check one of my earlier responses.

And i agree with you with stafy. The only thing preventing me from putting him higher is the "ZOMG" responses I'll get. Plus Stafy's in a nice comfortable position. I wouldn't worry about him too much.

I still think an AC Rep is assured
Why because of the
symbol? Because I can easily explain against that. In melee and smash 64, when selecting the stage you see the symbol at the bottom left or right with the stages name. Now It would be rude of Sakurai to have the smash symbol when selecting the AC stage wouldn't it? However with characters like Devil and Dr. Wright, they dont need a symbol because when they appear not a symbol appears.

However if that isn't your agrument then please tell me so I can include a AC rep.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
I can understand why you are reluctant to add one. I have no idea who they would choose, other than K.K. Slider or perhaps Resseti. I believe we will get one because of the Emblem it has. People argue that it's just an emblem to represent the stage, but if that were the case, then Dr. Wright would have gotten a Sim City emblem and the Devil would have gotten a Demon's World emblem.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I still believe you are bing stubborn, but oh well. It's your list not mine.
No please don't say that. I want this list to be a community effort. Explain, tell me what is wrong with my argument. I have no problem with putting a Ac character on the poll but you need to stick with somebody and thoroughly explain why they deserve that spot.

I'm sorry If I seem stubborn but if I listen to just anyones ideas then characters like Meowth and Wobbuffet would be before characters like Ridley and Lucas. Argue for your character and be relentless (you may have to get other AC characters cause I'm not against Constuctive critisism).

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
I've given my thoughts. They have an emblem, they are getting a character. Most people, even people that have a fervent hate for AC and it's characters believe this. Many arguments like yours are simply brought up because of this. You say in regards to G&W that because of the icon revelations with IC his chances are increased. How can you use that argument if AC already has an emblem, but you don't think there will be a character? Every stage in Melee and the 64 version had a character to represent them. The exception was Final Destination, and even it had the Smash Emblem. I don't think having an AC character would be as radical as Meowth or Wobbufet. They have an emblem. That at least increases thier chances.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
An animal crossing character is being repped...

...No one knows just who it is yet...

Shuma

Smash Hero
I hate the idea of an AC character in Brawl, but i guess it's unnavoidable.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I've given my thoughts. They have an emblem, they are getting a character. Most people, even people that have a fervent hate for AC and it's characters believe this. Many arguments like yours are simply brought up because of this. You say in regards to G&W that because of the icon revelations with IC his chances are increased. How can you use that argument if AC already has an emblem, but you don't think there will be a character? Every stage in Melee and the 64 version had a character to represent them. The exception was Final Destination, and even it had the Smash Emblem. I don't think having an AC character would be as radical as Meowth or Wobbufet. They have an emblem. That at least increases thier chances.
With the G&W idea it makes more sense to add the character then just the stage (as it sucked beyond suckness). That's why G&W is improved by that factor. But that's not my real deal. The question is who would it be? I can't put AC rep on the list, I need a character and I need more proof then just the icon. i'm not ignoring the icon, it may be an advantage, but as you can see G&W's advantage isn't only the icon. It's a combination of things.

So please give me a character (Mr. Ressetti, K.K. Slider, Tom Nook , the AC human, etc.) and give me exact proof for that character alone. Please bere with me and thank you ;)

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
With the G&W idea it makes more sense to add the character then just the stage (as it sucked beyond suckness). That's why G&W is improved by that factor. But that's not my real deal. The question is who would it be? I can't put AC rep on the list, I need a character and I need more proof then just the icon. i'm not ignoring the icon, it may be an advantage, but as you can see G&W's advantage isn't only the icon. It's a combination of things.

So please give me a character (Mr. Ressetti, K.K. Slider, Tom Nook , the AC human, etc.) and give me exact proof for that character alone. Please bere with me and thank you ;)
You've got me there. I don't know. People will argue that "because they are in the backround, they're deconfirmed." I don't agree with that, but if you made me choose I'd say K.K. Slider. I don't think I need to reiterate the ominous "hero's always arrive late." Out of all the characters, I believe he has the highest chances.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Other then SM what does Claus got against him?
Oh no you misunderstand, it has nothing to do with sakurai's modesty. This real issue is that well with all the franchises being repped it is widely agreed that Earthbound will most probably have two characters repped. Lucas is a no brainer, if he doesn't get in I'll be left in a sense of stupor. sakurai has hinted at his approval sense Smash 64 only to be let down by release dates and cancellations.

Ness was one of the original 12 and has an international release making him just plain and simple well known and accepted.

Claus, I'm not going to say has less of a chance but is quite lowered because of this. But the real issue that it's not that he's not likely but the characters above him are just more likely then Claus. I mean when it comes down to it adding Claus would be like adding Elincia from fire emblem (in a way of course, Claus definitly has more of a shot than Elincia).

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman
but..... dark samus=metroid prime :|

adn that pretty much the reason it wont be included....

staffy is sakurai directed I believe... that should up his chances

Enigma14

Smash Champion
But Masked Man is unique like Flint! So his chances are lowered just because they're only Japan?

Starlight_Lily

what I meant my what suarki said is that this shoould raise Dixie Kong's chances and get king K Rool on the list

Shuma

Smash Hero
but..... dark samus=metroid prime :|

adn that pretty much the reason it wont be included....
That makes no sense, Sakurai sayd he wouldn't add Japanese only characters. So the "japan hates Prime" argument is irrelevant.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
FrozenRoy hates me. The reason Me and wiseguy both go with a 40 character list isn't inspiration from one another. Sakurai said something about putting around 40 characters in soooo I'm sticking with Sakurai. Dude your being highly biased about G&W. I bet you'd be arguing about lowering Ice climbers chances if Sakurai hadn't said anything. The icon thing means so much (expecially when I here the importance from Kirbykid himself). When multiple people are arguing to raise his status I can't be listen to one person who says he hasn't a shot. Also as low as the probability of the character outside the 40 may seem, really it isn't. Even with Bowser Jr. I'm saying he has a better shot in being in the game then not. So please when you see your beloved characters low on the chart don't see it as dissing, see it as characters who may not seem as probable as others but will suprise everyone when they are actually announced over the seemingly superior. remember I'm not saying the top are definitly going to make it with the bottom being left out. At the beggining of my list Ice climbers were at rank 43 but look where they are now.

Keep rooting for your characters and argue if you think (or know) you have a case.
Heh, sorry if it seems I hate you, I certainly don't mean for it to come out that way.

You make a very good point on the Mr. G&W arguement, so good a point, I really can't think of a valid arguement against it.

I give you kudos for an arguement well done.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Heh, sorry if it seems I hate you, I certainly don't mean for it to come out that way.

You make a very good point on the Mr. G&W arguement, so good a point, I really can't think of a valid arguement against it.

I give you kudos for an arguement well done.
No, I wsas joking. I was meaning that you put me to work which is what this thread is for. Sorry for the misinterpretation:)

what I meant my what suarki said is that this shoould raise Dixie Kong's chances and get king K Rool on the list
I'll tell you staraight up neither of these characters have a shot in being in brawl, expecially not K. Rool. Yeah, I know he's probably on the polls and he'd add the villain count up by one but is that's about it. i've played the DK games so don't get me wrong with what I'm about to say but K. Rool is generic. If he's the king of anything it's genericness. He's so unoriginal in every aspect, whether it be attacks, appearance or villain role. Plus he's from a less popular series (believe it, the DK series hasn't been as popular since the SNES days).

Now tell me why would Sakurai implement such a boring character when his past record has pointed to the popular and unique? K. Rool is neither, he's just another villain. Also who would want to play as succh a boring character? Do you plan as playing as him? It's funny that I've yet to see people with the K. Rool icon when you have people with Demiru and Sukapon icons. Also with no originality he wouldn't have people drawn to his moveset as a character and with no one for the dumb crocodile (alligator whatever) he would end up the Bowser of Brawl (minus the coolness that is Bowser). K. Rool just fails as a PC. Put your hopes on him as a Boss. There you will have a chance.

That makes no sense, Sakurai sayd he wouldn't add Japanese only characters. So the "japan hates Prime" argument is irrelevant.
actually he said he didn't want to add any japanese only characters and then contradicted himself by speaking of how popular fire emblem became because of Melee. so that's up in the air. But I agree, the Japanese hates metroid so their not going to add this or that character is rubbish Sakurai has shown to get inspiration from a variety of sources and even japanese have shown interest in metriod characters through the Ridley nominations on sakurai's poll

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
With DK Country 1 & 2 being released on Virtual Console it seems a lot of people are rediscovering the series (which is good, cos they're great games) but surely everyone can tell all we need is DK and Diddy. HV is right, K Rool is way too plain (like if we saw Sonic; I don't think Eggman would work at all) and as for Dixie... *shudders*

Enigma14

Smash Champion
With DK Country 1 & 2 being released on Virtual Console it seems a lot of people are rediscovering the series (which is good, cos they're great games) but surely everyone can tell all we need is DK and Diddy. HV is right, K Rool is way too plain (like if we saw Sonic; I don't think Eggman would work at all) and as for Dixie... *shudders*
Dixie has a small chance IMO they might even go with Tiny, but either way both have a small chance

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
Wait.

What about Animal Crossing? If I'm not mistaken, you've haven't even mentioned a single AC character on the list O.o

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Yo ppl, luigi is a 100% chance!!!
Its super smash BRothers!!!
Hes the brother..
Unless they change the name to Super Smash Man Brawl... (Lolz)
And sonic has the highest 3ed party chance...
And Sakurai said one or two 3d party characters *Excluding Snake*

EricShiznit

Smash Cadet
Maybe a little off the current topic, but I'd like to know why everyone is so insistant on Lucas taking Ness's place. Aside from Lucas being on Sakurai's poll, (he scored pretty low) I've yet to see any reason or evidence that this will happen. Ness can be fixed, just like all the other low tier characters that have already been shown. Also, without a new Earthbound game coming out, there isn't really a reason to go out of the way to include Lucas.

Someone throw me a bone.

Starlight_Lily

You do know that there's a Hanabi Festival (this is a limited time event where we get games never released over here on the virtual console) going on here in europe and the U.K so games released only in japan and america means that game characters from japan that have their on of their disadvantages should be lost because The UK and Europe wil no about them. I still say ninten might have a chance of getting in if saruki compeletly ignores mother 2 & 3 but that won't ever be happening.

Prince Karo

Smash Apprentice
I really think that Andy and an Animal Crossing character should be on the list, I mean, we even have an icon for AC already...

Plus, I think Lip would have a better chance then Sukapon or Takamaru due to the fact there is a item from her game in Brawl.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
Wait.

What about Animal Crossing? If I'm not mistaken, you've haven't even mentioned a single AC character on the list O.o
He doesn't agree with one being in. However, I'm not too peeved, and you shouldn't either, because other than the usual haters, he has legitamite arguments. I'm overwhelmed with joy that he didn't use the usual, "They are gay characters!" or "They can't fight!" and of course "LOLZ NOOK DECONFIRMED." Agree to disagree and such.

Girl

Smash Apprentice
You know what would be awesome. . .if brawl had 50 characters that could all transfoorm

ummm people........ i know alot of you do not want to admit it......... but umm this guy has AT LEAST an 80% chance of getting in the game

picodrive.acornarcade.com/img/sonicmoon.png

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
Take out Micaiah (doubt there will be 2 FE characters from the SAME timeline)

Change Ness to 45%

add Takamaru (the most wanted Japan only character)

Top Bottom