• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Probable Character Roster 3.0 ^_^

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Bowser Jr. has less chance then Little Mac?
Wtf?
uh.......yeah. That's what I'm saying. I can't see Sakurai giving Mario 5 direct Mario characters. In total the Mario series has 8 but saying that's blasphemy because no one wants to believe That Donkey kong and the like had their starting role in Mario games and still appear constantly in the spin off games. Sakurai knows this and I'm sure he'll pick a different character before he considers Bowser Jr. And Little Mac was on Sakurai's polls more than once. He has more of a role in his game and more priority than Bowser Jr.

I would say Black Knight has more chance than you think...

He is the only recurring boss character in the FE franchise, He is the only previous boss / villain (Note sure about this one) to become a playable character, he is the most recognizable FE villain in the world and he would be different from the other FE character as he wouldn't be just another lord.

But the only reason i would say that the FE 10 girl has a chance is because she is the most recant main character... (She isn't even the main character through the whole game anyway).

But if your gonna put Sonic in there you have to put Mega man... or get rid of Sonic... either one.
I can understand where your coming from, and truth is Black Knight does have more Role than Micaiah. However what he fails in (and please understand, before flaming) is unoriginaility. I'm not saying Sakurai couldn't give him good original moves but that when it comes down to it He's a sword weilder. Now please bere with me when I say that with The idea of Marth and Ike being considered, it is only understandable that Sakurai would want to touch more of the different points of FE. After all it's not just a sword game, there's magic and pegasus riders...etc.

Now if you were Sakurai looking at both of these characters (assuming Marth is in) who would you unbiasedly pic? That's what makes Black Knight slightly lower in percentage. It also stands to reason that Micaiahs Vixen staus holds more over BK's villain staus (after all female characters are for females to play as while villains are for evil people to play as? No they're just there for players to pummel with their own character or the opposite way around)

With Sonic i'll reconsider. I won't add Megaman because if high unpredictability. I thought that with all the Sonic info we've been getting no one would have a problem with him. But that doesn't seem to be the jist. If I take him out it will probably tomorrow (I'm sooooo tired)

Fabiano

Smash Apprentice
uh.......yeah. That's what I'm saying. I can't see Sakurai giving Mario 5 direct Mario characters. In total the Mario series has 8 but saying that's blasphemy because no one wants to believe That Donkey kong and the like had their starting role in Mario games and still appear constantly in the spin off games. Sakurai knows this and I'm sure he'll pick a different character before he considers Bowser Jr. And Little Mac was on Sakurai's polls more than once. He has more of a role in his game and more priority than Bowser Jr.
I'm still counting Yoshi as a Mushroomer.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
I think another disadvantage for The Wind Waker Link is the fact that his art style, with its emphasis on flat, cartoony colors (note, I do like this art style, please do not call me a Wind Waker hater, that is far from the truth), would fit very strangely with the rest of Brawl, which seems to be leaning far more toward the more detailed and realistic (examples, Mario, Ice CLimbers, Donkey Kong).

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well your not exactly gonna not add detail 5 years later on a more powerful console are you? but they could always add more detail onto Young Link or just leave him as he is... i mean look at Kirby and when Mr.Game and watch comes you think they will add detail to him?

Cinder

Smash Master
I just read the first two posts, and I realized something: didn't Sakurai say EVERYONE from the the original SB is in? Correct me if I'm wrong, but yeah, I'm pretty sure he did...

@Legolastom: he didn't put Lucario ABOVE Ridley...he gave them the same odds...

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Well your not exactly gonna not add detail 5 years later on a more powerful console are you? but they could always add more detail onto Young Link or just leave him as he is... i mean look at Kirby and when Mr.Game and watch comes you think they will add detail to him?
Which young link do you mean?

Also, Kirby and G&W aren't the best examples for this argument, obviously. Especially G&W, since his entire visual appeal is his retro look.

edit: Never mind. Seeing Pokemon Trainer again reminded me that cel-shaded characters can and do work in Brawl's visual style. Though I would still prefer a Young Link with transformation masks.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
By Young Link i mean WW Link...

And WW Links entire visual appeal is his cel shaded look so why change that?

Fabiano

Smash Apprentice
By the way, in Melee were 6 Mushroom characters.

-Dr. Mario
-Mario
-Luigi
-Peach
-Bowser
-Yoshi

*counts Yoshi as a Mush.*

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Mother 3= Out in Japan.

I'm pretty sure there are more deserving Japan Only characters, which is true, such as..

Sukapon

Etc.
Because Lucas taking Ness's spot is so going to take a whole new spot...

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Put in Ninten from the orignal mother reasons he's retro and no one would expect him
Most people would say wtf when they see him unless they looked up the mother series:laugh:

Ice man

Smash Journeyman
Homlessvagrent, you think that mewtwo is less popular than other pokemon? clearly you don't play against noobs over wifi because to them mewtwo is very popular.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Unless your a robot... so HV are you a robot!?
If you mean by being the manisfestation of your consious on software, than by all means yes.

But really guys, I know that some of these rankings are prone to be incorrect or misleading (or using the operative word bias) but that's why I went with precentages rather than listings like Wiseguy's (man has he gotten flamed). In all truth I don't see the roster a equating down the line with precentiles but rather being more random assortment from the list (multiple characters from the top maybe two from the bottom etc.). That's why I have made this thread interactive rather than just be my ranting opinions. ;)

By the way, in Melee were 6 Mushroom characters.

-Dr. Mario
-Mario
-Luigi
-Peach
-Bowser
-Yoshi

*counts Yoshi as a Mush.*
Well I actually count DK, diddy, and wario mush too with yoshi but in a second degree. Their mario characters but because they have their own games they aren't? What about peach? I know I know peach only had one game and the other characters games deal in different areas but one can't deny their mushroom origins

but to answer your question, my response was on the assumption that DR. Mario won't return. I believe that when Sakurai said he might rid some characters that he was only speaking about some of the clones (sinse they were rushed into brawl and all). So yeah I personally think the other 19 will return inluding Ness (they might just add Lucas and give Ness a new moveset, IDK)

Put in Ninten from the orignal mother reasons he's retro and no one would expect him
Most people would say wtf when they see him unless they looked up the mother series:laugh:
lol

Homlessvagrent, you think that mewtwo is less popular than other pokemon? clearly you don't play against noobs over wifi because to them mewtwo is very popular.
Sorry I don't play noobs on wifi (I haven't played PBR lately). But Personally I like Mewtwo, I just didn't think there was as much support (as anti support from the smash community, sad really). I'll fix that though :)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Id put Ridley higher than Krystal because...

1. He was going to be in melee
2. He is a flying character (Sakurai want more aerial focus)
3. He is a Metroid character (Sakurai wants more)
4. He is a villain there is a general lack of villains...
5. He is one of the most popular and wanted... Japan made him the second highest (Along with Ike and Diddy) on the polls... and they hate Metroid.

IMO all these reasons put him next to Dedede.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ridly...Krystal....Lucario...Issac....yadda yadda yadda....wanna know who a shoe in is?

Mario.
No he's not...He was already confirmed as an AT ONLY...

...Sorry to just discredit you there

xianfeng

Smash Hero
LINKS NAO

LINKS NAO

LINKS NAO

So?

5. He is one of the most popular and wanted... Japan made him the second highest (Along with Ike and Diddy) on the polls... and they hate Metroid.
The poll means nothing, Link's Uncle was on it for god's sake.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I like your list alot however I have a few nitpicks

30)http://www.MyspaceImageCodes.net/ima...er Lucario.jpg Lucario = 85%
Now this one I can here the screaming of multitudes of Lucario supporters which annoys me because Lucario fanboys are the worst. Not saying I don’t like Lucario, but anyways this thread isn't about my opinion but probability.
Advantages
-Lucario is highly supported (even in Japan)
-He is popular
Disadvantages
-The overpopulation rule
-Sakurai’s seemingly biased support for first generation pokes
-No Important role in the videogames which Sakurai is seemingly leaning towards
I can understand where your coming from with your over population rule, and Sakurai's obvious bias toward the first generation pokemon. However could you please elaborate on what you said by " No important role in the videogames"?

Jigglypuff hasn't had an important role in video games (barring of course her popularity and inclusion into melee) when compared to the likes of Pikachu; who was a starter pokemon, Mewtwo; the final pokemon your able to capture in RBY and Lucario; the only way of obtaining him is by going to a place called "Iron Island" and reciving a single egg of his pre evolved from (Riolu), without getting that egg it is impossible to obtain a Lucario. The person who gives you the egg also bares a strong resemblace to Aaron from Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.

In all games Jigglypuff started in she was a wild pokemon and wasn't important to the overall game because you could catch as many wild Jigglypuffs in the wild as you want. In the case of Lucario you only have 1 chance of getting him; on Iron Island( Of course I'm exclusing breeding in this counter point because Jigglypuff and Pikachu can also be bred).

Personally I would say that Lucario's role in pokemon D/P is an important one because if you never go to Iron Island you will never get a Lucario. (Almost a 1 off legendary status except for that you can breed more after you get the single Riolu egg, otherwise it'd be impossible).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll add my other comment here in the form of an edit; my isp has been acting funny and I wanted to get this posted before I got booted off x_x

39)http://www.MyspaceImageCodes.net/ima...er Micaiah.jpg Micaiah = 67%
With the release of the fire emblem game Goddess of Dawn, Micaiah the star of the first part of the game has a nice chance at being in brawl. Still she comes with her disadvantages
Advantages
-She brings more rep to the FE series
-She is a unique FE star character as she isn’t a sword wielder
-Micaiah brings about another female character
Disadvantages
-She is not a reacurring character and shares her star role
-It can be argued that she is slightly out prioritized by other FE characters
I don't agree with your "disadvantages" that you stated about Micaiah. First of all in a series like Fire Emblem being not being a recurring character in the games should not be held as a negative, when in almost every single Fire Emblem game they have a new cast of characters.

Perhaps someone else could help me with this point; but sharing a starring role with other "lords" shouldn't be held as a negative when it comes to plot importance. Micaiah's important's to the overall story is on par with Ike's importance if not more.

I'm only basing this off of what I've heard from people that finished the game, I cannot confirm it myself untill I play FE10 in November. I refuse to spoil myself on the details before the game release so if someone who's beaten the game please rate Micaiah importance to the overall story of FE10, I'd be greatful.

By being the most one of the most important characters in FE10 how is her role out prioritized by other characters in her respective games?(She's either 1st or 2nd in importance in FE10) I mean one could even say that Luigi is out-proritized by Mario.

I think that Promoting FE10 should be added as an advantage, as well as showing (I don't know how to word this correctly), but those who are not as familar with the FE series by showing them that Important FE characters aren't "male" only.

Thanks for your time.

-Knight

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Id put Ridley higher than Krystal because...

IMO all these reasons put him next to Dedede.
Ridley just has more things that could prevent him than Krystal. What argument could be used against Krystal? But we know there are a few for Ridley. Still Ridley is in a nice comfortable state.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But to answer the other question, their both shoe-ins. The only problem is Sakurai isn't always so nice to put in the shoe-ins (Diddy Kong comes to mind for Melee). and that's my greatest fear with Dedede, cause Sakurai's modesty is a factor that could quite put the King out (not saying there's much of a chance of that happening though)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Kirbyknight, I'll fix things

Edit: Pokemon Jigglypuff and Lucario updated, and for you Leglostorm I moved Ridley up two spaces (His percentage hasn't changed, I just gave him a boost so he doesn't seem so low on the chart)

Shuma

Smash Hero
The only thing against Ridley is bossess, and that's highly debatable since Ganondorf and Bowser will probably be also bossess.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
The only thing against Ridley is bossess, and that's highly debatable since Ganondorf and Bowser will probably be also bossess.
Alright, alright, I moved him up with Lucas and Shiek (as equals). That means he is at most 26th spot (keep in mind 19 characters are released). I hope that satisfies everyone. If you can't take it then I'm going to cry:cry:.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Woaw, good stuff. Good list, though i'm not going to say wat I disagree. Instead, I'll post my beliefs.

Confirmed Characters: [in order of confirmation; excuse me if I make a mistake]

-Mario
-Link
-Kirby
-Pikachu
-Meta Knight
-Pit
-Samus
-Zero Suit Samus
-Wairo
-Solid f***ing Snake
-Fox
-Zelda
-Bowser
-Ike
-Yoshi
-Donkey Kong
-the Pokémon Trainer: Proof Sakurai wants original newcomers.
-Peach
-Diddy Kong: Sakurai sucking up to us major fanbases! :grin:
-Ice Climbers: Sakurai loving original classics, and favors their return [possibly over clones].

Unconfirmed [status unknown] veteran characters:

Ganondorf: semi-confirmed: He's semi-confirmed from Anouma, and anyone who doubts if he's a playable character or not needs mental help. Seriously.

-Luigi: 99.9 [infinite 9]% chance: Anyone who doubts him needs to be smacked. Seriously, if Sakurai doens't have him in Brawl, I'll boycott the game, join the circus, and never play SSB again. Seriously, that is how important he is. Captain Falcon doesn't got s*** on him, and Captain Falcon is all but confirmed. Not to mention he's the 2nd most important character to Nintendo, and if he's not in Brawl, I smell trouble. Anyone who doubts Luigi needs to be beaten with a stick until they stop being a idiot. Seriously.

-Captain Falcon: 99%+: Anyone who doubts him will face the wrath of the FALCON PUNCH! if they doubt him. Actually, make it A SUPER DUPER SUPER AWSOME FALCON PUNCH! :laugh:

-Falco: 92%: He's still the 2nd most popular Star Fox character pretty much. Despite rumors speculating of him being cut, if he was cut for lets say Balloon Fighter or someone, many Star Fox fans would be enraged.

-Marth: 85%: Yes he's Japan-only, but he's still the most important character to the series, being the star of two WHOLE FE games [Ike was only star of 1 1/3rd FE games...thus far]. He's still got GREAT chances IMO. Plus he was #1 on Sakurai's Melee poll, and that alone is a big help. Add the fact he's still the most popular FE character in Japan and worldwide [rivaled by Ike], and he's as good as gold in Brawl.

-Jigglypuff: 80%: I think the original 12 will stay in Brawl. Jiggs is very often played by the better of smashers, and really was the WTF? character of SSB64. Not just is she one of the most popular characters in Japan, but she's becoming one of the biggest Pokémon icons, and has been since Pokémon started. Plus I think after 2 SSB games a character is pretty much permentely imbeded in the series. But then again, that's just me.

-Mewtwo: 78%: As the Pokémon series' main villian, the 2nd most reconizable 1st gen Pokémon NOT TO BE POKéball'd [or up there=Blastoise will never be playable, Charizard is playable, and Venasaur shall be Pokéball'd again], I say his chances are great. Not just does Deoxys deconfirmation help, but really, smash without him isn't the same. But he needs to stop living the lowest life on the tiers, and start kicking some arse, the way he does in Pokémon. Something else to mention, he's the strongest Pokémon, which also definitely helps. Plus Sakurai loves originality. ;)

-Mr. Game and Watch: 76%: Studies show Sakurai loves originality. HInt, hint, hint: Meta Knight, Ness, Captain Falcon, Fox, Jigglypuff, Shiek, Zelda, Marth, ICE CLIMBERS [this is the big one on this matter], Mr. Game and Watch, THE POKéMON TRAINER! Plus I'd argue he's one of the most important characters to Nintendo's history, being the star of their first VIDEO GAME, having his maker be a outsider and Nintendo, and die in a car accident several months later, and his creator virtually making the Metroid series with the man who idoled him [Miyamoto, mind you], and started the handheld gaming market. He's like the godfather of the godfather of gaming, and G&W in Brawl is the perfect ommige of wat he did to gaming. Thanks for the DS man, thanks! :)

-Ness: 70%: Sakurai tried dumping him in Melee. FAIL, and never try that again you mother f***ing idiot, or I'll f***ing pwn you and you're f***ing Nintendo arse company at f***ing EarthBound, a real man's RPG! [end rant]. We all know Sakurai tried to replace him with Lucas, but tha Mother 3 got delayed, so he held back Lucas. So, he kept him in. However, it could happen, since Mother 3 has been out for about 2 or 3 years. Anyways, I think if any of the original 12 are cut, it'd be him [he'd be replaced with Lucas], sad as it is, but I still think there's a chance Lucas AND Ness could BOTH be in Brawl, or have one or the other be a alternate costume/look for the other.

But there is something else to consider=EarthBound has basically the biggest cult-classic following out of the 4th gen gaming era. And if Ness is cut, that is the equivilance of EarthBound fans being stabbed in the b***s, repeatidly, and they've been abused enough. Not just did they not get Mother 1 or 3 in English, and get it internationally, but they've been abused, and ignored by Nintendo, despite thier amazingly dedicated fanbase, and size of their fanbase. So if Nintendo beats them down further, they might as well start the apocolypse. Ness or DIE. End of story. But seriously, Reggie [being his usual dumb-arse self] said he had more important things to do then to release Mother 3 worldwide, or in English. Last I checked, business [especially Nintendo] was all about serving the fans. Nintendo and Reggie, stop failing, and give us both characters, and finally help the EarthBound fan community back up. Seriously, stop being f***ing idiots, and jerks to them. [end 2nd rant]

-Roy: Around the 50% area now, but currently more likely in Brawl then not IMO; if Shiek is a PC his chances are in the 40%'s; if the Black Knight is deconfirmed, his chances are around 70%; if Shiek and the Black Knight deconfirmed, then he's in the 80%'s IMO:

If Shiek deconfirmed, his chances are in the 70%'s: I've reached a conclusion...if Shieks in Brawl, more then not Roy won't be in Brawl. If Shiek's not in Brawl, then Roy could stll go either way, but if Shiek's deconfirmed, then Roy will defintely stand a decent chance of being playable. Anyways, I want him decloned/luigifed, and made into a better, heavier, stronger character. He's slow, and needs wieght/super armor to help...kinda like Ike. I imagine him inbetween Ike's seemingly heavy weight, and Marth's light wieght.

Anyways, I think there WILL BE 3 FE characters. That said, Ike is confirmed, and Marth will probably make it. So IMO it comes down to Roy or the Black Knight, and more then not Roy will make it. Still, you never do know. Overall the reasons his chances are good is because he is the best rep of the GBA FE [there were 3 GBA FE games, making the most FE games on 1 system...unless the SNES had 3 or 4], and he's beecome very popular, and is considered "Strong" in lower levels of smash play. Stil, the Black Knight being FE: Path oF Raidiance's main villian, and a villian in Goddess of Dawn never hurts. It could easily go either ay, definitely. ;)

Pichu: 15%: Being generally hated is bad, but still, it could be improved on. Maybe I'm giving it TOO good of chances after making a vid doing somewat of a poll of it, but 30% or so of everyone wants Pichu back [for reasons like the more characters/veterans the better, punching bag,they use/main Pichu, they like Pichu/Pokémon in general, etc.] 10% or so is neutral, and 50 against Pichu in Brawl, mainly due to roster size limitations. To check it out yourself/participate [even], CLICK HERE! ;) So ya, but chances are Pichu is gone, definitely.

Dr. Mario: 3%: Maybe I gave him 1% or so too high, but he was good for one round, but not the next. Unless Nintendo DESPERATELY NEEDS AN EXTRA CHARACTER like no tomorrow, he's gone. He should, however, be a alternate Mario outfit. Definitely. ;)

-Shiek: Confirmed in Brawl...but who said playable, other then Nintendo World Press=???: Percentage Unknown: I'm stuck on this one to be honest. IMO either she's in Brawl as a PC, and Midna is a AT, cameo appearance, NPC, or boss, or just the opposite. I'm confused on this one, definitely. Anouma is helping with Sakurai to create the ultimate mind game mind game in Brawl! DARN YOU! :laugh:

-Young Link: I see him becoming/being changed/upgraded into Wind Waker Link.

So ya, that's my anayisis on the unconfirmed veterans' chances of returning! :)

Edit: Votes on Sakurai's Poll:

-Links Uncle: 1 Vote
-Ridley: 5 votes

And Japan HATES METROID! They hate it to extremes. And wtf=???...didn't xianfeng start the original Ridley thread=??? WTF has happened=??? Wat next, I become a extremist anti-Wind Waker Link in Brawl person=??? That'd be all bad.... :laugh: That'd be like armegdon, and we'd all be screwed. F***ing screwed. :laugh:

Shuma

Smash Hero
If the Black Knight is deconfirmed that means nothing for Roy, the black knight deconfirmation will actually mean nothing, since there are no smash-like FE villains.

And with Ike in that practically deconfirmed Roy, not marth. Marth is more important and popular than Roy, why?

Unless i'm mistaken, FE has at least 3 guaranteed slots and it would be very weird to have Ike Marth and Roy, so that means either Marth or Roy should go, why should marth go so that Roy can stay? I personaly think both are gone, but it would make no sense to leave Roy and take marth out.

Mersh

Smash Apprentice
Yeah he does. Sakurai personally commented on him on the polls, saying that he loved Mole Mania and was very interested in Muddy. I quote, "he's so interesting, he may be in the roster already!"

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah he does. Sakurai personally commented on him on the polls, saying that he loved Mole Mania and was very interested in Muddy. I quote, "he's so interesting, he may be in the roster already!"
Takamaru and Sukapon are Retro characters that have also been mentioned by Sakurai and they actually have a much better chance

Besides one of the popular choices for an AC posssible rep is a mole.

He was joking when he said that too

Mersh

Smash Apprentice
And several other possible reps use swords, I guess we should disclude Takamaru. Seriously, it's notas if Resetti will get in over K.K. Slider or Tom Nook in the first place.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
And several other possible reps use swords, I guess we should disclude Takamaru. Seriously, it's notas if Resetti will get in over K.K. Slider or Tom Nook in the first place.
...no, Taka uses a katana which is a completely different style than any western sword...Plus, Taka's got the MOST chance of ANY retro making it, especially with all the other Katana users possible have already been de-confirmed...

KK's got no chance now that he is a main event on that stage.

Nook's in the background

Top Bottom