• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Probable Character Roster 3.0 ^_^

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Question, does that Lucas battling with Ness statement mean Ness is at that spot too?

Also

Green is starters
Red is unlockable
Yellow is for just misses

Mario - Mario, Peach, Bowser, Wario, Yoshi, Luigi, Bowser Jr.(Shadow Mario stamina SM) _ Paper Mario, Baby Bros

Zelda - Link, Zelda, Ganon, CSLink, Sheik, Midna(WLink stamina SM) _ Vaati

Metroid - Samus, Zamus, Ridley _ Dark Samus

SF - Fox, Krystal, Falco, Wolf

Kirby - Kirby, MK, Dedede

Pokemon - Pickachu, PT, Jiggs, Mewtwo, Lucario

FE - Ike, Marth, Micaiah _ Black Knight

DK - DK, Diddy, _ KRool, Dixie

Mother - Lucas, Ness(PSI has plenty of varieties for 2), Claus

FZ - C.Falcon, _ Black Shadow

Other - Pit, C.Olimar, Smashkid, Baloon F, Little Mac, ICs, G&W, Isaac _ Sukapon, Staffy, Mach Rider

3rd Party - Snake, Sonic, Megaman _ Banjo & Kazooie, Bomberman, Geno

This is my conclusion, best chances based on the 48 most likely. Not necissarily what I want but according to your list, this is close to what it would come down to. Plus a few additions who have have not made the list (megaman/little mac for example)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Eh, personally I think Claus should be higher on the list than Lucas. Cluas would add more to the roster than Lucas could. Only problem I can see is that including Claus would spoil the ending unless they call him Masked Man in Brawl.

Also, in response to some of the Geno supporters here, I think Geno would be a nice addition and all, but I'd hate to see him take the place of another third party character. With Brawl we're getting a chance to have different characters from a variety of series, so even though he was created by Square, it'd be foolish to waste a third party slot with what is essentially a Mario character.

And finally, I recommend you add Ayumi Tachibana to the list. She has been in two games so far, which have been remade multiple times. Sure, she may have only appeared in Japan, but she did manage to get a trophy in Melee, something with Takamaru lacks. And finally, she also was on the results of Sakurai's poll.
Well, your statement seems to be based on your own bias rather than facts, especially about Claus, Takamaru and definetly Geno

Caael

Smash Lord
Srsly, Ridley needs to be higher up. The only problem regarding his chances is that he could possibly be a boss, but the fact that he was intended for melee, he was 2nd highest on the poll, and he's the perfect character by Sakurai standards ( flies, villain, metroid), he should be near the top of the list.

Neko Godot

Smash Cadet
Well, your statement seems to be based on your own bias rather than facts, especially about Claus, Takamaru and definetly Geno
Geno is probably the least biased of all of my ramblings. I basically said I'd want him in as long as he doesn't take up a third party slot, which he really shouldn't since he's a Mario character. But anyway, let's say there ends up being 4 third party slots and Geno's one of them, I'd be okay. I just want three unique third party franchises reperesented.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Geno is probably the least biased of all of my ramblings. I basically said I'd want him in as long as he doesn't take up a third party slot, which he really shouldn't since he's a Mario character. But anyway, let's say there ends up being 4 third party slots and Geno's one of them, I'd be okay. I just want three unique third party franchises reperesented.
Whos more unique than a magical possessed puppet from a space that can shoot pellets, cannonballs, stars and lasers from his arm?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I strongly disagree with the percentages. Dedede being in is more likely than Ganondorf, IMO, as is Luigi. Also, 86% is very high for Lucas, when there is no proof whatsoever that anything Mother3-related will be included. Lucario, WW Link, and Isaac are far too high for the same reason. Ridley should be higher %-wise or at least relative to the other characters around him since Sakurai himself said he wanted more Metroid characters, which is more than he said about any of the other series. G&W should be higher because of the icons thing. Claus and Micaiah should be MUCH lower, unless you're going to better clarify your percentages because there is proof of their inclusion, not even a hint. And where is Ness? The fact that he is a two-game veteran should give him a pretty high likelihood of being in. Heck, even Pichu/Doc/Roy deserve to have a percentage since they are returning, especially compared to some of your other "likely" inclusions. Even Stafy and Sukapon need to be lower due to the fact that they are only included because someone who made a list liked them (even though I do support Stafy, you can't give them that high of a %). And how about Demiru? He was very high on the polls and you don't have him included at all. Even Black Shadow should have some likelihood, too, for his inclusion in the poll and the fact that Goroh won't be taking a FZ slot. And...Dr. Lobe? Wow, no comment.

Whos more unique than a magical possessed puppet from a space that can shoot pellets, cannonballs, stars and lasers from his arm?
A 1in. tall spaceman who commands a horde of half plant-half creature things to do all of his bidding for him.

Neko Godot

Smash Cadet
I'm not saying he ISN'T unique, I'm just saying I'd like the third party slots to have something OTHER than a Mario character in them. XD

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Sukapon - I'm not going to say he needs to be higher in the list, but I think you should list that he was in both the Melee and Brawl polls as an advantage. In the Melee poll, he placed higher than his 'competition' - Pit, Ice Climbers, and Balloon Fighter, and out of all the characters, he placed 16th. (Above Meta Knight, actually :laugh:)

I also don't agree with the disjointed hitbox disadvantage you have for him. I don't see how he hands and feet would be anymore disjointed than Mario's. :ohwell: Elaborate on this for me?

I do agree that Ridley should be higher, though. The boss music doesn't imply that he will be a boss, and neither does the boss update. The boss music will likely just be another choice of music for a Metroid stage, and there are other bosses for them to choose from in the Metroid series that could play the part of unplayable boss in Subspace Emissary. Him being awkward is also merely an opinion. He shouldn't be any more awkward than Bowser or Donkey Kong. :ohwell:

Neko Godot

Smash Cadet
I do agree that Ridley should be higher, though. The boss music doesn't imply that he will be a boss, and neither does the boss update. The boss music will likely just be another choice of music for a Metroid stage, and there are other bosses for them to choose from in the Metroid series that could play the part of unplayable boss in Subspace Emissary. Him being awkward is also merely an opinion. He shouldn't be any more awkward than Bowser or Donkey Kong. :ohwell:
Kraid just SCREAMS Metroid boss, or even Mother Brain.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I have a question: was Claus only in one game? (Mother 3) If this is true, shouldn't he/it be lower than the Black Knight? Because the Black Knight was the bad guy in two games, wasn't he?
Claus was only in one game, Black Knight is way more important/well known/popular than him too.

Eh, personally I think Claus should be higher on the list than Lucas.
Lucas is the main character though...

Only problem I can see is that including Claus would spoil the ending unless they call him Masked Man in Brawl.
Well the game is never leaving Japan and obviously with Sheik Sakurai has shown he doesn't really care about spoilers.

Geno isn't iconic, they really should only put in iconic/important 3rd party characters, Geno is neither.

I know. But there are two different styles. The style they chose on the site is the style found in Mother 3.
Well it's very unlikely that there will be a second mother character so that just means that Ness will probably be replaced with Lucas like we all initally thought.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Claus was only in one game, Black Knight is way more important/well known/popular than him too.

Lucas is the main character though...

Well the game is never leaving Japan and obviously with Sheik Sakurai has shown he doesn't really care about spoilers.

Geno isn't iconic, they really should only put in iconic/important 3rd party characters, Geno is neither.

Well it's very unlikely that there will be a second mother character so that just means that Ness will probably be replaced with Lucas like we all initally thought.
That quote of mine doesn't mention that he is iconic or not...

Besides, all the Iconic people are already in...plus some. I don't see any additional characters that are really iconic

SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
Dang, can someone tell me what the site link is to find those pictures of dedede and isaac on the first post? I lost the link.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
You have Wolf WAY to far down, IMO.

1. Clone arguement doesn't hold crap. If Wolf is heading to clone, so is Falco, since they both have the same things going for them in weapons.

2. Wolf is the ONLY real choice for a Star Fox villian. Andross was deconfirmed via AT, Aparoid Queen is dead and has form problems(First form doesn't move, second form doesn't have anything to land on the ground with, nor appendages to hit people with), Anglar King has problems(Though i haven't played Star Fox: Command, so I can't say for sure all of them). In addition, he is pretty much Fox's only rival outside of the deconfirmed Andross, so he serves as a rival character and villian.

3. Importance. Well, Falco doesn't really have that much more importance over Wolf. I would say it's a tie.

4. Krystal. Well, Krystal is most likely going to be in. If it turns into Wolf VS. Krystal, Krystal will win, because of importance, uniqueness and other factors.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Refresh my memorie, why was Geno so important in RPG, i just remember that he was possessed by a star or something like that.

Ridley should be higher. Aniway, i don't like the idea of Geno, he would take a thid party slot, and i hope Megaman get in.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Refresh my memorie, why was Geno so important in RPG, i just remember that he was possessed by a star or something like that.
I believe he was a warrior sent down from Star Road to help Mario and friends, who took the doll and possesed it. Hence, he could be considered would of the mainest characters, as he is pretty much the only one who knows about what is going on(Exor shattering Star Road, why Smithy is here, what they have to do to stop them, etc. etc.)

However, I may be off about this.

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
I seriously think that Pac Man should atleast get a mention in your list Homelessvagrant, he was once a very popular game, also he was in Mario Kart, so I really think he should be in there, he could maybe take the Dr. Lobe's spot, which he probably will have a very low chance anyways cause he doesn't look like a fighter.

Being in mario kart alone gives him a good chance, plus he has games on gamecube and stuff.

Here's a picture of Pacman in Mariokart.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d0/MKArcGP.jpg

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Oh where to begin?

Yay, nice to see Isaac is in your list. However, I think that Wolf and Falco should have a swap, just because Wolf is fox's main rival and a badass villian, and because Falco is a clone of Fox, but that can be changed. Just an idea.
I really can't see Sakurai throwing out Falco for Wolf. He actually has more preferance for Falco. Also Falco has PRA. He has more priority, role, and attacks than Wolf (starfox assault).

Srsly, Ridley needs to be higher up. The only problem regarding his chances is that he could possibly be a boss, but the fact that he was intended for melee, he was 2nd highest on the poll, and he's the perfect character by Sakurai standards ( flies, villain, metroid), he should be near the top of the list.
I already considered Ridley in a very favorable spot. Still I'll go back and check things out.

I strongly disagree with the percentages. Dedede being in is more likely than Ganondorf, IMO, as is Luigi. Also, 86% is very high for Lucas, when there is no proof whatsoever that anything Mother3-related will be included. Lucario, WW Link, and Isaac are far too high for the same reason. Ridley should be higher %-wise or at least relative to the other characters around him since Sakurai himself said he wanted more Metroid characters, which is more than he said about any of the other series. G&W should be higher because of the icons thing. Claus and Micaiah should be MUCH lower, unless you're going to better clarify your percentages because there is proof of their inclusion, not even a hint. And where is Ness? The fact that he is a two-game veteran should give him a pretty high likelihood of being in. Heck, even Pichu/Doc/Roy deserve to have a percentage since they are returning, especially compared to some of your other "likely" inclusions. Even Stafy and Sukapon need to be lower due to the fact that they are only included because someone who made a list liked them (even though I do support Stafy, you can't give them that high of a %). And how about Demiru? He was very high on the polls and you don't have him included at all. Even Black Shadow should have some likelihood, too, for his inclusion in the poll and the fact that Goroh won't be taking a FZ slot. And...Dr. Lobe? Wow, no comment.
I originally had Ness on the list but the whole Lucas Ness thing is hard consider. I guess they both could be in but I don't know......I'll fix things. But Sukapon, Stafy and even Dr. Lobe are in the spots they are in because popularity doesn't mean everything. Think of Pokemon Trainer in brawl and Ice climbers for melee. Who would have guessed them? We have to stop think of just popularity and doing more sakurai thinking. And To think those clones have any chance of making it back is to deny yourself common sense. They were rushed into Melee because they had little development time left and a seemingly lackluster character roster. Demiru will be reconsidered.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
I really can't see Sakurai throwing out Falco for Wolf. He actually has more preferance for Falco. Also Falco has PRA. He has more priority, role, and attacks than Wolf (starfox assault).
WRONG!

How does Falco have more priority? They both have about the same plot importance, Wolf having arguably more.

Wolf is also in Star Fox Assault's Multiplayer and single player. Every attack you can give Falco you can give Wolf.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
WRONG!

How does Falco have more priority? They both have about the same plot importance, Wolf having arguably more.

Wolf is also in Star Fox Assault's Multiplayer and single player. Every attack you can give Falco you can give Wolf.
Dude your argument is trash! Plot importance, Wolf is shrouded in mystery and is just know as a hired mercenary who holds a grudge on Fox. Falco has more story behind him and personality as well. In priority wise Falco has been in more games than Wolf in being in both the original Starfox for SNES and even appearing in the Satrfox adventures. Wolf originally came in Starfox 64 and didn't really start playing a part in the story until Assault. Plus in Assault and Command I belive you get command of Falco more than wolf. Plus the fact that he's a villain means nothing. We shouldn't just pick characters to be in brawl because their villains or women but that they're good characters.

But here's my real argument. If Wolf is that much better than Falco, then why did Sakurai choose falco as the clone instead of Wolf? In the end result we have to stop thinking with our own tastes and put on the mind of Sakurai. Sakurai has shown that he has a preference for Falco and in the end that's all that matters. Oh and may I remind you that Wolf didn't even make it as a trophy in melee? What does that say for priority?

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
^^^^^^^^^breakdancing trapinch is so freaking cool.
Ha, lol thanks. Now for the encore

Sukapon - I'm not going to say he needs to be higher in the list, but I think you should list that he was in both the Melee and Brawl polls as an advantage. In the Melee poll, he placed higher than his 'competition' - Pit, Ice Climbers, and Balloon Fighter, and out of all the characters, he placed 16th. (Above Meta Knight, actually :laugh:)

I also don't agree with the disjointed hitbox disadvantage you have for him. I don't see how he hands and feet would be anymore disjointed than Mario's. :ohwell: Elaborate on this for me?
Sorry I didn't get this earlier :ohwell:. I added the advantage for sukapon, I'm sorry it wasn't there earlier. The disjointed hitbox implies the fact that they'd have to decide between invisible hitboxes or seperate hitboxes for the robot. Not a big disadvantage but still one big enough for the company to say "nah let make a character that's easier."Don't quote me on this it could happen but I highly doubt it. I hope that was more satisfying for you and just know he's high on my personal list.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
And on a more public note, I updated the list and am right now making a square for Ness and Demiru to possibly put on the list. I surely will put Ness in (I must have been stupid taking him off, don't flame me). Demiru however will take some research before I reconsider. Please bere with me and make your opinion known (without flaming of course). And as always I'll be sure to listen.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Dude your argument is trash! Plot importance, Wolf is shrouded in mystery and is just know as a hired mercenary who holds a grudge on Fox. Falco has more story behind him and personality as well. In priority wise Falco has been in more games than Wolf in being in both the original Starfox for SNES and even appearing in the Satrfox adventures. Wolf originally came in Starfox 64 and didn't really start playing a part in the story until Assault. Plus in Assault and Command I belive you get command of Falco more than wolf. Plus the fact that he's a villain means nothing. We shouldn't just pick characters to be in brawl because their villains or women but that they're good characters.

But here's my real argument. If Wolf is that much better than Falco, then why did Sakurai choose falco as the clone instead of Wolf? In the end result we have to stop thinking with our own tastes and put on the mind of Sakurai. Sakurai has shown that he has a preference for Falco and in the end that's all that matters. Oh and may I remind you that Wolf didn't even make it as a trophy in melee? What does that say for priority?
Okay, you got me on priority.

For Star Fox Command, that is simply the bearing of there being more Star Fox possible missions then Star Wolf possible. If there had been, say, more Star Wolf missions, I would bet Wolf was playable more. And the fact they are Star Fox missions is not a direct link to them having Falco, but rather the fact Star Fox is the main team.

Falco was chosen as the Fox clone for the simple fact, when compared, Falco has a much more similar body structure. Wolf is taller and larger then Fox, while Falco is about Fox's height and weight. In addition, at the time of Melee, Star Fox: Assault had not been released, so Wolf did not have as much importance as he did after Assault.

Also, what plott signifigance does Falco hold? When you look at it, they both have Star Fox Command endings featuring them mainly, about the same I believe, they have both saved Fox, so that's even. However, Wolf also serves as a rival(Fox specifically notes it was Wolf immeditily at Fichina in Star Fox 64, if Wolf had been an unknown merc, I doubt Fox would of known Wolf and his team by exact name, his voice repeatdly indicates at least a minor connection of knowing each other, perhaps not of a large past however), Wolf and team allowed Fox to get through the Aparoid Homeworld(Detouring the nigh invincable enemies) and it Star Fox Command are given many different routes, some taking them down the heroes path and some down the villians. Falco, however, has few to none such pathes(Only Star Falco really qualifies, though the G-Zero could be considered), along with no apparent plot devlopements(You could say he saved Fox on Fichina, but I could counter with Wolf saving Fox on Corneria).

EDIT: Yay, now he's at 60%! Much better, I think he's a little more TBH, but then again, 60% would probably be a nice average.
EDIT2: They also had the Wolfen trophey, at the time, I guess Wolf just hadn't devlopved enough. However, the Wolfen proves they didn't COMPLETELY forget him. He was also in the SSBM intro.

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
"26) Lucas = 86%
I believe the only reason lucas is this far down is the fact that he has competition with Ness. Really this one is a hard one with Lucas winning because his highly superior PRA and love from Sakurai
Advantages
-He is the latest Mother Character making him fresh
-He has more PRA than Ness
-The item Franklin Badge comes from Mother 3 thus showing Sakurai leaning more to Mother than Earthbound.
-Ness’s attacks aren’t actually his where any of Lucas’s attacks could be rightfully his own.
-Lucas is a Japanese only character and his release might promote Mother 3 to come state side.
-He was on Sakurai’s poll
Disadvantages
-Ness is from the original 12 and replacing him would be a questioning factor
-Lucas is a Japanese only character"

I hate how people just assume that the latest character is going to be in in a series, just because their on Sakurais poll.

Why wouldnt Ness return? All the Original 12 are going to return.. why bother? If adding Earthbound characters, how about adding both?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
All the Original 12 are going to return..
Sakurai never said the original 12 would return.

Sure I'd love to see Ness come back (and I personally hope he does.), however I'm pretty sure that Sakurai said on Ness's profile on the Japanese site that he would have been replaced by Lucas had Mother 3 come out.

Mother 3's out now... :/ There is nothing that Sakurai said that would indicate all original 12 are returning, so he could very well replace Ness with Lucas.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Sorry I didn't get this earlier :ohwell:. I added the advantage for sukapon, I'm sorry it wasn't there earlier. The disjointed hitbox implies the fact that they'd have to decide between invisible hitboxes or seperate hitboxes for the robot. Not a big disadvantage but still one big enough for the company to say "nah let make a character that's easier."Don't quote me on this it could happen but I highly doubt it. I hope that was more satisfying for you and just know he's high on my personal list.
Meh, I guess it's fair to mention it as a disadvantage. I think the developers would obviously choose to give him hitboxes where his arms and legs should be. It wouldn't be fair if say, Mario shot his fireball and it merely slipped between Sukapon's body and feet. :laugh: Good to know you're another Sukapon supporter. :)

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Indeed I do. I found your arguement good as well, kudos. ^_^
That's cool but FalcoRoy one more thing. If you look at Falco you'll see one of his weeknesses is the possibility of being outprioritized by wolf so I haven't completely pushed the possibilty of it occuring. You should know it's been on there since I started this list ;)

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
That's cool but FalcoRoy one more thing. If you look at Falco you'll see one of his weeknesses is the possibility of being outprioritized by wolf so I haven't completely pushed the possibilty of it occuring. You should know it's been on there since I started this list ;)
Oh, didn't notice that one. D'oh.

Also, I have a minor suggestion.

Since this is a probable character list and not confirmed, perhaps you could get rid of the returning characters/confirmed characters so you can review a wider range of probable characters?

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Oh, didn't notice that one. D'oh.

Also, I have a minor suggestion.

Since this is a probable character list and not confirmed, perhaps you could get rid of the returning characters/confirmed characters so you can review a wider range of probable characters?
Well I could but I'd have to do a wide way of rearranging (hey idiot! Midna shouldn't be in position 54 she should at least higher, Waluigi number 214! He should be lower than that). It's less messy this way. I was kinda hoping that if this thread lives on that we could see the different players who made it from their current poition to the top and how correct or incorrect I was. It might be fun, of course if sakurai confirms Waluigi then you guys could have free right to flame me with you phail posts, so i think this will stay in the format it is in. However if you wish I may send a regular post out show 51-60 in the future. Then I may add it to the full list in the futre,.....maybe

Of course I'll need feedback before I put any work into it :)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I would say Black Knight has more chance than you think...

He is the only recurring boss character in the FE franchise, He is the only previous boss / villain (Note sure about this one) to become a playable character, he is the most recognizable FE villain in the world and he would be different from the other FE character as he wouldn't be just another lord.

But the only reason i would say that the FE 10 girl has a chance is because she is the most recant main character... (She isn't even the main character through the whole game anyway).

But if your gonna put Sonic in there you have to put Mega man... or get rid of Sonic... either one.

And also about Bowser JR i doubt Sakurai wouldn't add at least one more character to the most important gaming franchise in the history of gaming... ever.

Top Bottom