• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Probable Character Roster 3.0 ^_^

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
-headdesk- Misinformed again!

Yes, but it still is only ONE game. I liked Vivian more than Mario in PM2, but I don't think her chances are any higher.

Maybe Bowser and Peach have, but not Bowser Jr. or Toad. I agree that Toad is generic, but in the retro games he was his own character, and even if Sakurai loves retro look what happened to him.

So on and so forth about popularity, for a character to be in Brawl it seems that they have to be either recognizeable even if one hasn't played the game (I can recognize Bowser Jr even if I haven't played Mario sunshine) and I can recognize Birdo also very well, aka: reocurring or 2. Be the main character of their own franchise. Geno is neither, I couldn't recognize him.

Sakurai may have mentioned him only out of a response to the polls.
And Deoxys was not only a legendary pokemon in the games, but it had it's own movie as well from what I hear.
...Mario RPG and Paper Mario are not in the same series. Mario RPG is not a franchise so your #2 point couldn't even apply.

I don't think Sakurai's requirements are that he has to be recognizable even if someone has not played the game...because he's only been in one game...and again, his popularity...which means a lot of people know who he is since a lot of people have played Mario RPG

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I usually find if quick edit doesn't work, if you go into advanced edit, it works. Not sure if that is the case though ^_^

Dave
Thanks Edits have been made.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also Guys please argue Geno's role in the official Geno Thread http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=72298
Once you've guys have formulated your ideas and come to an agreement come back here and post your ideas. Thanks :)

Reyairia

Smash Champion
...Mario RPG and Paper Mario are not in the same series. Mario RPG is not a franchise so your #2 point couldn't even apply.

I don't think Sakurai's requirements are that he has to be recognizable even if someone has not played the game...because he's only been in one game...and again, his popularity...which means a lot of people know who he is since a lot of people have played Mario RPG
I meant the Mario franchise as a whole, whether it'd be regular Mario, RPG or paper.

The fact of the matter is, that in Melee I could either 1. recognize the characters or 2. despite that I couldn't recognize the characters they were still the main characters of their game. I can't say either for Geno, and I still think that Bowser Jr. or Birdo would get in before him, unless popularity means more than I think it is, and seeing how Pichu got over Dedede in melee I'm doubting it. Let Geno appear in a more recent game for the Wii or at least be mentioned to be and I'll be convinced.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I meant the Mario franchise as a whole, whether it'd be regular Mario, RPG or paper.

The fact of the matter is, that in Melee I could either 1. recognize the characters or 2. despite that I couldn't recognize the characters they were still the main characters of their game. I can't say either for Geno, and I still think that Bowser Jr. or Birdo would get in before him, unless popularity means more than I think it is, and seeing how Pichu got over Dedede in melee I'm doubting it. Let Geno appear in a more recent game for the Wii or at least be mentioned to be and I'll be convinced.
Well Mario RPG is being released on the wii...game thing...

The only reason Geno was not eligible for Melee was the fact he IS 3rd party. Recognize-ability of people who have not played one of the best games in Nintendo history is NOT a character requirement. Plus, half the roster is not the main character in their series.

No way in hell would Birdo get in before Geno...Bowser Jr might get in...but not OVER Geno.

Pichu got in over Dedede for other reasons, he was SUPPOSE to be in Melee, Pichu wasn't. Sakurai is "modest" about his characters for one, and clones are easier to make than new characters and they had time difficulties.

SiD

Smash Master

Just because you can't recognize him doesn't mean he isn't recognizable. The fact is, recognizablitlity coincides with popularity. He wouldn't have placed on the poll above characters such as Diddy if people didn't know who he was.

IllidR

Smash Champion
It's a pretty good list except a few things I disagree with. I really don't think Captain Olimar should be so low. He is a very popular character and he is recognizable as the protagonist of his own series, even though the series is called Pikmin he still comes back in every game.

And also, I don't think Macaiah should be ahead of Black Knight by 8%. They're about even and maybe even Black Knight a little bit ahead of her. He has about the same number of advantages to him as her if you replace "She will bring another female" with "He will bring another villain." And even though he is another sword user he is still very unique. He also serves as a reoccuring character in the series.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
It's a pretty good list except a few things I disagree with. I really don't think Captain Olimar should be so low. He is a very popular character and he is recognizable as the protagonist of his own series, even though the series is called Pikmin he still comes back in every game.

And also, I don't think Macaiah should be ahead of Black Knight by 8%. They're about even and maybe even Black Knight a little bit ahead of her. He has about the same number of advantages to him as her if you replace "She will bring another female" with "He will bring another villain." And even though he is another sword user he is still very unique. He also serves as a reoccuring character in the series.
okay I'll look into it

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a new character has leaped into the scene proclaiming the right to be in the top 50

does Andy deserve a spot. And If so in what way. Please tell me and explain your reasoning. Also don't forget to argue your own charcters to give them the rights they deserve.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Well Mario RPG is being released on the wii...game thing...

The only reason Geno was not eligible for Melee was the fact he IS 3rd party. Recognize-ability of people who have not played one of the best games in Nintendo history is NOT a character requirement. Plus, half the roster is not the main character in their series.

No way in hell would Birdo get in before Geno...Bowser Jr might get in...but not OVER Geno.

Pichu got in over Dedede for other reasons, he was SUPPOSE to be in Melee, Pichu wasn't. Sakurai is "modest" about his characters for one, and clones are easier to make than new characters and they had time difficulties.
Eh, maybe that counts, who knows? Good direction you're pointing out, I can see Geno having a chance, albeit small, in Brawl now.

Being a 3rd party character doesn't really do much, as we can see that doesn't matter in Brawl, why would it have mattered in Melee? Phones were still phones, meetings were still meetings and so on.

How about that I can recognize Birdo, and that shi's reocurring?

Just because you can't recognize him doesn't mean he isn't recognizable. The fact is, recognizablitlity coincides with popularity. He wouldn't have placed on the poll above characters such as Diddy if people didn't know who he was.
Most of the people who vote on those polls tend to be older and more experienced, but seeing how Nintendo's games keep getting easier with each passing game they probably are focusing more on appealing to a younger generation, and I was SIX with RPG came out, even if I'm currently 17 now. I doubt that many people younger than 18, which according to Nintendo is 52% of the people who play their games do recognize him.
Also, recognizing a character =/= wanting him in. I *really* want Ridley in, but I have yet to play a Metroid game. Why? I'm a sucker for dragon looking creatures.

SiD

Smash Master
Most of the people who vote on those polls tend to be older and more experienced, but seeing how Nintendo's games keep getting easier with each passing game they probably are focusing more on appealing to a younger generation, and I was SIX with RPG came out, even if I'm currently 17 now. I doubt that many people younger than 18, which according to Nintendo is 52% of the people who play their games do recognize him.
Also, recognizing a character =/= wanting him in. I *really* want Ridley in, but I have yet to play a Metroid game. Why? I'm a sucker for dragon looking creatures.
Well Birdo was only important in a game that came out before SMRPG did, and yet you seem to think she's a good character.

And you wanting someone in doesn't matter, it's what the genreal crowd wants, which according to the poll, is GEno.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731

Honestly I looked into the Capt. Olimar/ Black knight thing. I don't believe BK deserves more of a role than the characters above him let alone Micaiah (He's a diversion in POR). However I slightly boosted his probability by one reconsidering some factors and now takes the 41 spot. I wouldn't argue with Capt. Olimars spot. He's in a very confortable spot and the characters above him have definite priority. Remeber to knock away the announced characters and some of the shoe-ins Capt. Olimar makes complete and total sense in the spot he is in now. I understand You like Olimar but unfortunately that willn't be enough to raise his precentile deference. But thank you for your post, much appreciated ^_^

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Well Birdo was only important in a game that came out before SMRPG did, and yet you seem to think she's a good character.

And you wanting someone in doesn't matter, it's what the genreal crowd wants, which according to the poll, is GEno.
Yeah, but Birdo is reocurring and I know who shi* is at first sight, and until I came here I had no idea who Geno was. I'm not saying Birdo is a better character, I'm just saying that by my logic - reocurrance - Birdo seems to have a higher chance.

I've said this before and I'll say it again; There are only two things I'm expecting to see in Brawl: 1) Ridley and 2) More balance. Other than that, I don't really care what else happens, and I am neither for Geno's inclusion or against it. I'm just a skeptic and that's it.

* I say shi/hir for characters whose gender isn't 100% clear. Long story.

SiD

Smash Master
Yeah, but Birdo is reocurring and I know who shi* is at first sight, and until I came here I had no idea who Geno was. I'm not saying Birdo is a better character, I'm just saying that by my logic - reocurrance - Birdo seems to have a higher chance.

I've said this before and I'll say it again; There are only two things I'm expecting to see in Brawl: 1) Ridley and 2) More balance. Other than that, I don't really care what else happens, and I am neither for Geno's inclusion or against it. I'm just a skeptic and that's it.

* I say shi/hir for characters whose gender isn't 100% clear. Long story.
I don't know why you think reoccurence is the most important thing, it's not.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Eh, I'm going to retire. Low battery on school laptop and just being exhausted for being outnumbered.
The edit button doesn't seem to want to cooperate, so I'm just using quick reply.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I don't know why you think reoccurence is the most important thing, it's not.
Because all the characters in Melee and all the characters that I have seen confirmed for Brawl have been either reocurring and therefore that I can recognize or the main characters of their franchise. I can only guess that the former is what helps the most getting a spot into Brawl if the character is not the main protagonist.

SiD

Smash Master
Because all the characters in Melee and all the characters that I have seen confirmed for Brawl have been either reocurring and therefore that I can recognize or the main characters of their franchise. I can only guess that the former is what helps the most getting a spot into Brawl if the character is not the main protagonist.
But characters like Bowser, Diddy, or Jigglypuff didn't get in because they're reocurring, they got in because they are popular and important to their series'. Geno is more popular, and is important to his series.

Characters aren't popular because they're recurring, they're recurring because they're popular.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Sorry to say, but all those pictures appears as Red Xs...

:redx:
It's okay on my laptop, is anyone else experiencing the same difficulty?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd like to ask all the Geno debaters again to please debate on the geno thread. It's okay to debate about characters but please do on the right thread.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Argue for Claus' case? I don't need to! If Lucas is in Brawl--which is all-but confirmed--Claus' inclusion is almost imperative, if only for creating a foil to Lucas. It would be a great way to rep the villains of the MOTHER franchise, as well as get more M3 lovin' into Brawl. Remember that the Franklin Badge shown is the model from M3, not to mention that Sakurai has confirmed the inclusion of M3 music in Brawl. Just food for thought.

Sukapon is also another choice that should be higher, in my opinion. He was acknowledged multiple times on Sakurai's polls--both Melee AND Brawl! Also, Sakurai said that he wasn't against the inclusion of Japan-only characters because some (i.e. Marth, Roy) have done very well for themselves overseas; he just didn't want to flood the game with them.

Caael

Smash Lord
The list is great, Simon Belmont needs to be in at about 50%. Konami have shown they are not afraid to have a character in Brawl, but there are more deserving 3rd Parties out there.

And Ridley should be up with the ranks of Dedede, as he was intended for melee, they just couldn't animate the tail. Charizard gets rid of that, so Ridley's a shoe in. If he's not, I will castrate myself.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Nice list, it's too bad you couldn't have 100 top chars *hint hint* jk

I conclusion, this is my guess

Green is starters

Mario - Mario, Peach, Bowser, Wario, Yoshi, Luigi, Bowser Jr.(Shadow Mario stamina SM)

Zelda - Link, Zelda, Ganon, CSLink, Midna(WLink stamina SM)

Metroid - Samus, Zamus, Ridley(I would like Dark Samus too though)

Star Fox - Fox, Krystal, Falco, Wolf

Kirby - Kirby, MK, Dedede

Pokemon - Pickachu, PT, Jiggs, M2, Lucario

FE - Ike, Marth, Micaiah (sorry Black Knight, she's my pick)

DK - DK, Diddy, (too bad KRool)

Mother - Lucas, Ness(PSI has plenty of varieties for 2), Claus

FZero - C.Falcon, (too bad Black Shadow)

Other - Pit, C.Olimar, Smashkid, Baloon F, Little Mac, ICs, G&W, Isaac, Sukapon

3rd Party - Snake, Sonic, Megaman

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Argue for Claus' case? I don't need to! If Lucas is in Brawl--which is all-but confirmed--Claus' inclusion is almost imperative, if only for creating a foil to Lucas. It would be a great way to rep the villains of the MOTHER franchise, as well as get more M3 lovin' into Brawl. Remember that the Franklin Badge shown is the model from M3, not to mention that Sakurai has confirmed the inclusion of M3 music in Brawl. Just food for thought.

Sukapon is also another choice that should be higher, in my opinion. He was acknowledged multiple times on Sakurai's polls--both Melee AND Brawl! Also, Sakurai said that he wasn't against the inclusion of Japan-only characters because some (i.e. Marth, Roy) have done very well for themselves overseas; he just didn't want to flood the game with them.
Alright ideas considered Claus has been raised up a bit however the fact that Sukapon is on Sakurai's means little. After all Sakurai is going to go with his selection no matter how many votes are for the guy. The poll is only to put in characters to be considered.

*ahem*

MIDNA.

That is all.
I did consider Midna and unfortunately her limited role (in only one zelda as a limited co satr ith no hope of continuation and a limited fan base plus amidst all this I haven't mentioned her need of wolf link for a moveset and Link already has two shot of two Playable characters. There's just too many things her I'm afraid

The list is great, Simon Belmont needs to be in at about 50%. Konami have shown they are not afraid to have a character in Brawl, but there are more deserving 3rd Parties out there.

And Ridley should be up with the ranks of Dedede, as he was intended for melee, they just couldn't animate the tail. Charizard gets rid of that, so Ridley's a shoe in. If he's not, I will castrate myself.
Why thank you chap, I would like the same thing about Simon (he'd be cool). For Ridley I would consider him a shoe in myself but i can't ignore the negative comments that have been bestowed upon the space pirate. If I bbost him up I may seem too pro Ridley because we can't deny that he has a few factors against him that King dedede and Krystal

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Olimar is extensively popular and supported. In the Brawl lottery thread, Olimar was one of the most popular predictions. It's absurd to put THREE StarFox characters ahead of the OVERLORD OF PIKMIN.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Well, some of these I highly disagree, especially Golden Sun characters. And I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a new character from the F-Zero franchise besides Capt. Falcon. And Bowser Jr. has a high chance of making it.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Nice list, it's too bad you couldn't have 100 top chars *hint hint* jk

I conclusion, this is my guess

Green is starters

Mario - Mario, Peach, Bowser, Wario, Yoshi, Luigi, Bowser Jr.(Shadow Mario stamina SM)

Zelda - Link, Zelda, Ganon, CSLink, Midna(WLink stamina SM)

Metroid - Samus, Zamus, Ridley(I would like Dark Samus too though)

Kirby - Kirby, MK, Dedede

Pokemon - Pickachu, PT, Jiggs, M2, Lucario

FE - Ike, Marth, Micaiah (sorry Black Knight, she's my pick)

FZero - C.Falcon, (too bad Black Shadow)

Other - Pit, C.Olimar, Smashkid, Baloon F, Little Mac, ICs, G&W, Isaac, Sukapon

3rd Party - Snake, Sonic, Megaman
I agree with your 3rd Party characters. But only one out of Krystal and Wolf should make it. And Luigi shouldn't be unlockable. And cmon, what about Zant? But nice job putting in Dedede and Ridley.

Conker1

Smash Ace
You had Ice Climbers at 43, you fix your mistake and yet you leave G&W at 40...
Ness isn't on the list....Why are people so sure he won't return?
Marth is lower than Lucario....why wouldn't Marth return? And don't say because he hasn't had a game in a while.
Stafy should be higher than Sonic as well...Sonic & Mario at the Olympics actually lowers his chances if you ask me.
Mii is on the list...just no.
Micaiah is on the list....I never really saw support for her until Lyn was deconfirmed....
WW Link is on the list...worse character suggestion ever. We don't need more than one of any character, no matter how unique the moveset could be.

People need to stop saying that just because a character hasn't been in a game in a while that it lowers their chances. All I have to say to that is Ice Climbers.

Also, Falco>Wolf>Slippy>Krystal

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well, I hope that Isaac's chances are that high...

Guglio

Smash Apprentice
I honestly rank Dark Samus above Ridley.

Ridley is a very cool character, but hasnt really been a star player in the Prime games, where Dark Samus has, and is a major storyline boss as well.

Also is the fact that Dark Samus only really looks like Samus, none of the moves are the same. Dark Samus floats around (like mewtwo) and has phazon based attacks.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I honestly rank Dark Samus above Ridley.

Ridley is a very cool character, but hasnt really been a star player in the Prime games, where Dark Samus has, and is a major storyline boss as well.

Also is the fact that Dark Samus only really looks like Samus, none of the moves are the same. Dark Samus floats around (like mewtwo) and has phazon based attacks.
The Metroid prime games are not the only ones in the series...and of all of them...how many has Dark Samus been in...2?

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
You had Ice Climbers at 43, you fix your mistake and yet you leave G&W at 40...
Ness isn't on the list....Why are people so sure he won't return?
Marth is lower than Lucario....why wouldn't Marth return? And don't say because he hasn't had a game in a while.
Stafy should be higher than Sonic as well...Sonic & Mario at the Olympics actually lowers his chances if you ask me.
Mii is on the list...just no.
Micaiah is on the list....I never really saw support for her until Lyn was deconfirmed....
WW Link is on the list...worse character suggestion ever. We don't need more than one of any character, no matter how unique the moveset could be.

People need to stop saying that just because a character hasn't been in a game in a while that it lowers their chances. All I have to say to that is Ice Climbers.

Also, Falco>Wolf>Slippy>Krystal
Well yeah I need to fix G&W, but the other suggestions go on the border of opinion, I never said that Marth won't be in I believe he will be in. Other characters have a greater chance in factors is all.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Olimar is extensively popular and supported. In the Brawl lottery thread, Olimar was one of the most popular predictions. It's absurd to put THREE StarFox characters ahead of the OVERLORD OF PIKMIN.
because simply put Fox is alraedy in the game, Falco was in melee and is a very highly rated character and Krystal is a very uniqure character with strong support from not only fans but Sakurai himself. Olimar has things going against him. His placement is him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I hope that Isaac's chances are that high...

I know that your an Isaac supporter from your past posts Andrew so I don't understand your peesismism towards his probability. I honestly don't see anything against him. He's the star of nintendo game, was Sakurai's poll, has original style in attacks, and he's just a cool character. I'm sure he'll be in so just have hope ^_^

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Wario and Yoshi have their own series.

Four Starfox characters! Are you loco! The series is very small and should be thankful for 3!

Now this is just biased, Mother has 3 games none of which were released worldwide. Donkey Kong has 23! All of which were released worldwide, that's 20 more games than Mother not ot mention the fact that the DK series is way more important to Nintendo!

Zoinkslls

Smash Apprentice
I have a question: was Claus only in one game? (Mother 3) If this is true, shouldn't he/it be lower than the Black Knight? Because the Black Knight was the bad guy in two games, wasn't he?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have a question: was Claus only in one game? (Mother 3) If this is true, shouldn't he/it be lower than the Black Knight? Because the Black Knight was the bad guy in two games, wasn't he?
You obciously don't get the Mother series...since there is only 3, and no character, other than Pokey and Gigas, has been in more than 1 game, each individual hero and villain that are reasonable automatically have higher chances than characters in series with a lot of characters and games.

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
Yay, nice to see Isaac is in your list. However, I think that Wolf and Falco should have a swap, just because Wolf is fox's main rival and a badass villian, and because Falco is a clone of Fox, but that can be changed. Just an idea.

Neko Godot

Smash Cadet
Eh, personally I think Claus should be higher on the list than Lucas. Cluas would add more to the roster than Lucas could. Only problem I can see is that including Claus would spoil the ending unless they call him Masked Man in Brawl.

Also, in response to some of the Geno supporters here, I think Geno would be a nice addition and all, but I'd hate to see him take the place of another third party character. With Brawl we're getting a chance to have different characters from a variety of series, so even though he was created by Square, it'd be foolish to waste a third party slot with what is essentially a Mario character.

And finally, I recommend you add Ayumi Tachibana to the list. She has been in two games so far, which have been remade multiple times. Sure, she may have only appeared in Japan, but she did manage to get a trophy in Melee, something with Takamaru lacks. And finally, she also was on the results of Sakurai's poll.

Top Bottom