• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Probable Character Roster 3.0 ^_^

raul

Smash Lord
Ok, firstly, I've only included Sukapon because of his disadvantages. If I'm not mistaken, isn't Rayman also disjointed? This would therefore, by Sukapon's logic, make Rayman somewhat "difficult" and "awkward" also, wouldn't it? Sure Rayman has a *somewhat* more defined shape but the two aren't a great deal different in that respect.

Secondly, why isn't Bomberman on this list at all? Let alone ahead of Rayman. Bomberman has had an incredible amount of games, a lot more than Rayman (considering a fair few of Rayman's games were remakes or spin-offs anyway). Hudson is also very "smooth" (as you put it) with Nintendo. They've got a much more significant history with Nintendo than Ubisoft, I'd argue...

- For one Hudson became the first third-party software vendor for Nintendo, which has got to stand for something.

- They've also been entrusted with developing Mario Party, a well-known spin-off of the Mario franchise.

- Hudson has allowed for many of their hit games to be released on the virtual console, including Bomberman but also hits such as Bonk's Adventure among others that previously weren't on Nintendo consoles, and in the past also re-released other hits onto the Nintendo Gamecube.

- Bomberman has also already had a direct cross-over with other Mario characters, namely Wario in 'Wario Blast!', something Rayman lacks.

- Alternatively, not only has Bomberman been crossed with Nintendo characters, he has also had experience in crossover fighting games, namely Hudson's DreamMix TV World Fighters, featuring Hudson Soft, Konami, and Takara characters, *including* Solid Snake mind you, as well as Simon Belmont (another character on your third-party list). DreamMix TV World Fighters, although being released on the PS2, was also released on the GameCube, even if both were Japan-only releases.

- Overall Bomberman has had an incredibly number of games on Nintendo consoles, too many to list really, spanning across the NES, SNES, N64, Game Boy, Game Boy Colour, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo DS, and Nintendo Wii; basically every mainstream Nintendo console.

- Bomberman has been around ever since 1983. Sure he didn't *debut* on a Nintendo console, but he's had a solid appearance on Nintendo consoles since, and his age, whilst still current, gives him *somewhat* of an age factor. I wouldn't quite call it retro since he still appears frequently, but he's got a longer legacy than many of the other characters. I mean, Rayman only debuted in 1995, and neither did he debut on a Nintendo console.

Rayman had one game remade a billion times, an admittedly good sequal or two on the N64, and then Rabbids recently although half the game apparently revolved around his capture as he played more of a side role? o.0 Other than that he's really only had various spin-offs. Sure he had his own fighting game, but it wasn't exactly a crossover either.

Maybe I'm just biased against Rayman, but I still think Bomberman is ATLEAST deserving to be on the list of third-parties. I'd rather see Rayman further down too, but my opinion may or may not be blurring my last hour or so of research into the guy >.>

I love Ray-Man, but Bomber-Ma has first dibs on making it into Brawl, no questiosn there, along with Pac-Man. Both those guys have been around alot longer than Ray-Man. However, I think all three would be great brawl.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
2)Well I put her up some but still taking in character consideration she only has a shot if Shiek is Zelda's transformation (or isn't in) and LoZ gets 4 reps. I'll consider even more about putting her higher but i do ask to please hold your temper. I'm not trying to offend anyone and value your opinion but when someone is rude it makes it harder for me respect their post. Thank you for the comments though.
Sorry if I sounded a little...POed. I just hate it when people dismiss Midna's chances. No matter how you look at it, Midna is the most likely new addition to the Zelda roster.

Let's look at the possabilities:
Cel-Link:
-Whether he's Link or Young Link, his inclusion wouldn't be "new" but more along the lines of a Luigified clone.
-"Another Link" a lot of people will complain.
-Represents alternate version of LoZ.
Vaati:
-Only reoccuring villian outside of Ganondorf
-Appeared in two games (three counting the slaughtered GC re-make.)
-Villian
Tingle:
-Massively popular in Japan, but hated anywhere else.
Skull Kid:
-Only reoccuring character outside of the Triforce and Tingle.
-Appeared in TP.
Zant:
-Villian
-Appeared in the most recent console Zelda, but is out-prioritized by Vaati for villians.
Tetra:
-Although a pirate-themed moveset would be nice, she's out-prioritized by almost everyone.
-Female
Impa:
-Old-time fan favorite
-Female
-Ninja moveset, but could easily be out-prioritized by Shiek.

Now Midna:
-Star of the most recent console (not handheld) Zelda game.
-TP Link model, TP Zelda model, and Eldin bridge confirm that Sakurai is using TP as the basis of all his Zelda-related things in Brawl, so, if he needs a new character, he's going to turn to TP first.
-Female (small point, but it still stands.)
-First quadruped-based moveset if Wolf Link is included (also a small point, but still stands.)
-New fan favorite character of Zelda.
-More character development than Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf combined shows that Nintendo put some thought into her and doesn't want her to die away like the other "helpers".
-Putting her in Brawl will only increase the likelihood that she'll return in a future Zelda game.

The only ones that are even competition for Midna are Vaati, Cel-Link, and Tingle.
If you look at the evidence in the Brawl updates and the facts about Midna, she's all but guaranteed.

Rayman had one game remade a billion times, an admittedly good sequal or two on the N64, and then Rabbids recently although half the game apparently revolved around his capture as he played more of a side role? o.0 Other than that he's really only had various spin-offs. Sure he had his own fighting game, but it wasn't exactly a crossover either.
I actually want a Rabbid to appear instead of Rayman.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Sorry if I sounded a little...POed. I just hate it when people dismiss Midna's chances. No matter how you look at it, Midna is the most likely new addition to the Zelda roster.

Let's look at the possabilities:
Cel-Link:
-Whether he's Link or Young Link, his inclusion wouldn't be "new" but more along the lines of a Luigified clone.
-"Another Link" a lot of people will complain.
Vaati:
-Only reoccuring villian outside of Ganondorf
-Appeared in two games (three counting the slaughtered GC re-make.)
-Villian
Tingle:
-Massively popular in Japan, but hated anywhere else.
Skull Kid:
-Only reoccuring character outside of the Triforce and Tingle.
-Appeared in TP.
Zant:
-Villian
-Appeared in the most recent console Zelda, but is out-prioritized by Vaati for villians.
Tetra:
-Although a pirate-themed moveset would be nice, she's out-prioritized by almost everyone.
-Female
Impa:
-Old-time fan favorite
-Female
-Ninja moveset, but could easily be out-prioritized by Shiek.

Now Midna:
-Star of the most recent console (not handheld) Zelda game.
-TP Link model, TP Zelda model, and Eldin bridge confirm that Sakurai is using TP as the basis of all his Zelda-related things in Brawl, so, if he needs a new character, he's going to turn to TP first.
-Female (small point, but it still stands.)
-First quadruped-based moveset if Wolf Link is included (also a small point, but still stands.)
-New fan favorite character of Zelda.
-More character development than Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf combined shows that Nintendo put some thought into her and doesn't want her to die away like the other "helpers".
-Putting her in Brawl will only increase the likelihood that she'll return in a future Zelda game.

The only ones that are even competition for Midna are Vaati, Cel-Link, and Tingle.
If you look at the evidence in the Brawl updates and the facts about Midna, she's all but guaranteed.
I think is between Midna or Vaati, Tingle is already deconfirmed, Zant will most likely be a boss, Tetra sucks!
Impa = Sheik.

vesperview

Smash Hero
34) WW Link = 82%
This is Link, but chibitized. It can’t be denied that WW Link has completely replaced young Link in the latest Zelda games. In a way he is his own character. So what is keeping him back?
Advantages
-He has been shown to be a very unique character in his own right
-He was on Sakurai’s poll
-He is almost his own character
Disadvantages
-He is another version of Link

38) Stafy = 75%
Yeah, I can see the flaming on this one expecially when characters like Black Knight and Wolf have yet to be seen. However there is a reason Stafy is higher than the others (and no it has nothing to do with preferrance)
Advantages
-The Red rule
-The Japanese rule (marketing)
-He is unique
-He is the star (no pun intended) of his series which is a continuing the series.
-Stafy has big support in japan
Disadvantages
-He is a Japanese character
-He would seem awkward seeing that his attacks are sea based
-The lack of arms may make it hard to make A attacks
You're giving these two way more chance than they deserve.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Tingle is already deconfirmed
I wouldn't call Tingle any more deconfirmed than Toad, Ness, or Tom Nook.

Sure all of them appear to be less likely to appear now than they did a year ago, but none of them have had a message saying anything like "X will not be playable."

I keep an open mind about it all. Until the Dojo confirms with unquestionable proof that someone is deconfirmed, I believe that it's still possible for them to appear.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Tingle was shown as a trophy... what else do you need? Toad is again part of a moveset and nook is in the background.

vesperview

Smash Hero
They wouldn't show a character and confirm him later, it's stupid.

If they did such a thing it would be like in a video, seeing a characters shadow or something and then trying to make you guess who he is until they confirm him in the dojo, but they wouldn't show him as a trophy or in a stage and confirm him a week later.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Tingle was shown as a trophy... what else do you need? Toad is again part of a moveset and nook is in the background.
Diddy was shown as a trophy.

There is A Toad in the moveset, there is no confirmation that it is THE Toad.

Have Nook removed from the background once he is unlocked/is played.

Next...

They wouldn't show a character and confirm him later, it's stupid.

If they did such a thing it would be like in a video, seeing a characters shadow or something and then trying to make you guess who he is until they confirm him in the dojo, but they wouldn't show him as a trophy or in a stage and confirm him a week later.
Is there proof to that, or is it blind assumption?

If I were in Sakurai's shoes I would show a character off early as a trophie or a stage just to throw people off the thought process of that character being playable. Then, once I was convinced that most people thought he wasn't playable, I would confirm them.

For one to beat Sakurai, one must think like Sakurai.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Doesn't change the fact that he could still do so for any of the playable characters that aren't confirmed.
There are no basis for comparison, Diddy's trophy was shown after he was confirmed, Tingle, Slippy, Dixie, Peppy, etc, etc, etc... have been shown, it wouldn't make sense, plus it destroys the anticipation and the Dojo is all about surprises.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Oh no... you too?
Shuma-guy-say-wha?

If I were in Sakurai's shoes I would show a character off early as a trophy or on a stage just to throw people off the thought process of that character being playable. Then, once I was convinced that most people thought that character wasn't playable, I would confirm them.

For one to beat Sakurai, one must think like Sakurai.
Does that not make sense?

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
It would, but you never know with him, IMO it totally ruins the surprise.
If he shows you a character as a trophy and you dismiss the character as a playable character and then he comes back three months later with an update confirming said thought-to-be-deconfirmed-character, how does that ruin the suprise?

If anything, it makes you more suprised because you thought they were deconfirmed.

vesperview

Smash Hero
If he shows you a character as a trophy and you dismiss the character as a playable character and then he comes back three months later with an update confirming said thought-to-be-deconfirmed-character, how does that ruin the suprise?

If anything, it makes you more suprised because you thought they were deconfirmed.
Hmm... interesting, I didn't see it like that.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
Woah. Overpopulation against Wolf?
I don't particularly care if he's in the game but the Star Fox series isn't over represented right now. In fact, only one character has been confirmed: Fox.
As most, there would probably be Fox, Falco, Krystal and Wolf.
This isn't too bad considering that the Mario series would have four characters as well.

Pete278

Smash Lord
Woah. Overpopulation against Wolf?
I don't particularly care if he's in the game but the Star Fox series isn't over represented right now. In fact, only one character has been confirmed: Fox.
As most, there would probably be Fox, Falco, Krystal and Wolf.
This isn't too bad considering that the Mario series would have four characters as well.
The Starfox series isn't nearly as important to Nintendo as the Mario series is, so it shouldn't get the same amount of characters.

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
<snip>Dude, your completely right. I am so sorry right now. Please forgive though i really didn't know much about Bomberman. I'll replace him immediately.</snip>
Heh, no need to be sorry, it's fine :p thanks for that. I think I'm just a bit fanatical about Bomberman :psycho: just one thing though, when you replaced Rayman with him you've left the "Ubisoft Rumor" advantage when Bomberman isn't from Ubisoft. Just thought you should know. :)

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
to all the midna fans:ww link would be his own character , he has a hugeg role into the LOZ... +_+
anyhow:here is what sickens me , no paper mario and geno is number 4 on the third party roster while bowser jr is number 42 ? Lame , and ill tell you why.
first of all bowser jr has done naught to the mario series IMO , seriously nothing , what did he do in sunshine ? just wave around , he IS like adding vaati as a PC.
on the other hand there is geno , he is considered first party mentioned by sakurai , mentioned 5 times , one of the top 10 on the brawl poll's and CLEARLY more unique with paper mario than bowser jr would be anyday...
lets face it , what did bowser do in new super mario bros ? just scream and be annoying , what did he do in MSC ? just scream , he is the mostinsulting thing and i dont see how japan or any part of this world would vote for him over geno unless they hit the stupid bomb or clearly dont now what he hasnt done.
and lets face it:geno's legal problem is only of the fact that it would be cheap , of course we would still have to pay but seriously as much as sonic megaman or sora who make there company loads ? i dont think so.
-uniqueness , short and simple all you would do as bowser jr is use a paintbrush , geno has moves like claus or isaac right on them.
-popularity , must i even say ? that popular in the polls... bowser jr. ? no
-what other mario character is there ? all i see is paper and i dont think masahiro will use that.
-signifigance to the series - trust me bowser jr is like adding vaati or wart as a pc LITERATLY.
now i dont care if you give geno low percentages but with that in mind he DEFINANTLY has better chances then bowser jr.
~Thirdkoopa.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Luigi is confirmed and if you have heard of Nsa Nya's prediction of Sonic (which came true) then Captain Olimer is confirmed.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Luigi is confirmed and if you have heard of Nsa Nya's prediction of Sonic (which came true) then Captain Olimer is confirmed.
im guessing by his thread and my thread (on nsider2 , the probable character roster...) im guessing by the theory's i use (me taking rumors , i never use that.) is the same with his thread (basically he doesent take rumors ?)
as to luigi practically confirmed , 99% because i think 95% is ridiciulous because he's a HUGE DUH.
~Thirdkoopa.

raul

Smash Lord
??? Elaborate

I wouldn't shoot myself, but I agree. It's a bit too much.

Also, why is M2 lower than Jiggs when Jiggs has more disadvantages?
Didn't realize it was that difficult of a concept. For each gaming series in brawl, there would be an equal or near equal amount ot characters for each series. So if there is 10 series, than 4 characters from each series = 40 character roster that everyone banks on.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Miyamoto deserves it more than Sakurai. :p
I still find your lack of faith in Paper Mario disturbing.
Paper Mario's ONLY problem is being basically Mario, but that didn't stop Dr. Mario from getting in, did it?
He has none of the other disadvantages of Geno or Bowser Jr., being the main character of three financially successful and critically acclaimed games, having a massive range of moves to choose from, being generally better known, and having that WTF?! characteristic that Sakurai loves.
Also, why is M2 lower than Jiggs when Jiggs has more disadvantages?
Jiggs has better advantages, and was more popular for use in Melee. Plus being one of the original 12, and STILL maintaining significant popularity and name recognition.
Am I the only person that likes Jigglypuff more than Mewtwo?

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Didn't realize it was that difficult of a concept. For each gaming series in brawl, there would be an equal or near equal amount ot characters for each series. So if there is 10 series, than 4 characters from each series = 40 character roster that everyone banks on.
Except that's not how it works. (or has worked...)
Each series got PCs based on the importance of that series.

Besides, some series don't that many PC-worthy cahracters (Example: Ice Climbers or Pikmin)

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
Shyguy

Lets start this list on a notch. Shyguy is but anything the one of the most generic nintendo characters in exsistance. Really this guy if anything symbolizes any generic Nintendo character and with that symbolizes any random Nintendo character that doesn't have a shot
*Enters infinite paradox in confusion

Duality

Smash Journeyman
I don't think you should put on the relationship between companies (unless they are good) because even if Nintendo and Square-Enix/Konami weren't on the best of grounds, money makes everything better.

I agree with Vesper, the percentages are waaaay too high especially since we are basically just hoping/guessing here.

Top Bottom