• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Probable Character Roster 3.0 ^_^

vesperview

Smash Hero
Advantages
-He is the latest Mother Character making him fresh
-He has more PRA than Ness
-The item Franklin Badge comes from Mother 3 thus showing Sakurai leaning more to Mother than Earthbound.
-Ness’s attacks aren’t actually his where any of Lucas’s attacks could be rightfully his own.
-Lucas is a Japanese only character and his release might promote Mother 3 to come state side.
-He was on Sakurai’s poll
Lol at this, is obvious you've never played a Mother game in your life.

The Franklin Badge is in all games, so that's a bad argument to say who would and not make it.

Ness and Lucas have PK Rockin and PK Flash to be the same, yet Lucas's moveset in the latest videos and pictures looks completely different.

NOA stated they have no future plans of bringing Mother 3 to America considering that well, is a very old game and it would have to come either on the VC or as a collection on the DS.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Didn't Little Mac get turned into a collectible trophy or assist trophy? Wouldn't that deconfirm him?
yeah your right

Little Mac = 62%
Little mac is the star of his game and was on Sakurai’s poll. He however lacks a very satisfying movelist despite being a boxer. Still Sakurai has been shown to be creative and this character ha appeared in multiple games

it's actually sad seeing this guy go but hey it leaves room for other brawlers right?

Lol at this, is obvious you've never played a Mother game in your life.

The Franklin Badge is in all games, so that's a bad argument to say who would and not make it.

Ness and Lucas have PK Rockin and PK Flash to be the same, yet Lucas's moveset in the latest videos and pictures looks completely different.

NOA stated they have no future plans of bringing Mother 3 to America considering that well, is a very old game and it would have to come either on the VC or as a collection on the DS.
I'll be honest, I have never played the games, but from what I heard the Franklin badge design is taken from Mother 3. So I know the Franklin badge is from all the games but the design is different, correct me if I'm wrong.

Alot of people would argue how wrong you are in the pics. From what I here they all look the same and well you don't have to be a mother fan to know that (seeing as all mother game are pixelated). We've only seen him do one upward attack and a Fair. the fair looks like Ness's minus one arm and the other attack is reminisent to PK Flash (minus some changes).

If they bring Mother 3 here via virtual boy then technically they are bringing it stateside, that is what I meant (why would they bring back a GBA game when GBA is dead?)

Rayman Does not belong above megaman or geno or pacman even though i hate pacman. He is favorited among very few people and has had very few nintendo games and no one state his most recent game was on the wii cause that makes no difference
Favoritism means very little when it comes to buisness practices between companies (unless it directly correlates with the money). Seeing as Brawl is already assured a massive audience, working to get Megaman in the game seems like a ill concieved buisness move. Letting the third party publisher come to Nintendo make most sense and Ubisoft and Naamco are in better terms than Capcom and Nintendo. But still all three are likely and the precentage over each other is very small seeing as predicting these things is one step above insanity.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally Third Koopa, I have looked into Nook.............. many times. The problem with him however is that he's completely relient on two factors

1)the symbol

2)AC's popularity

Both arguments are completely broken. The symbol's difference with Devil and Dr. Wright is that it applies to the stage. Up to now the symbols serve two purposes, to be an icon for the character and an icon for the stage (visual appeal). So now that we know that stages need icons along with characters, why does a character need a stage, why does a stage need a character? These have been practices for the last to smash games but how does that set anything in stone? This game is a new game and Sakurai can do whatever he wishes (if it means get rid of Ness or not have an Ac character)

AC's popularity got them everything but a character, so why not a character? Well for one the AC villager uses normal garden suplies to attack (how's that for a teen rating, the game doesn't support guns but it supports axes?) This is another reason I'm doubtful of Ness and Lucas's attacks in general. I think Sakurai's aiming for a E+10 rating with this game. Argument two is that the characters are to serene and sakurai has mentioned it was hard to incorporate into the game.

I am a Animal Crossing fan by heart and support the Nook for brawl movement but taking these to account (and the fact that he as well as every AC character is in the background of smashville) we have to realize it's just not rational. I'm sorry, I'd like to put him as a shoe in but to do so is bias and completely unhonest.

I was ask a animal crossing fanatic to choose just one character and prove that character before this very thread. He couldn't do it and thereby supported by reasons for not including the franchise with a PC. I'll hope you'll see the same

--------------------------------------------------

Finally I added Ray 01 to the list, enjoy.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally Third Koopa, I have looked into Nook.............. many times. The problem with him however is that he's completely relient on two factors

1)the symbol

2)AC's popularity

Both arguments are completely broken. The symbol's difference with Devil and Dr. Wright is that it applies to the stage. Up to now the symbols serve two purposes, to be an icon for the character and an icon for the stage (visual appeal). So now that we know that stages need icons along with characters, why does a character need a stage, why does a stage need a character? These have been practices for the last to smash games but how does that set anything in stone? This game is a new game and Sakurai can do whatever he wishes (if it means get rid of Ness or not have an Ac character)

AC's popularity got them everything but a character, so why not a character? Well for one the AC villager uses normal garden suplies to attack (how's that for a teen rating, the game doesn't support guns but it supports axes?) This is another reason I'm doubtful of Ness and Lucas's attacks in general. I think Sakurai's aiming for a E+10 rating with this game. Argument two is that the characters are to serene and sakurai has mentioned it was hard to incorporate into the game.

I am a Animal Crossing fan by heart and support the Nook for brawl movement but taking these to account (and the fact that he as well as every AC character is in the background of smashville) we have to realize it's just not rational. I'm sorry, I'd like to put him as a shoe in but to do so is bias and completely unhonest.

I was ask a animal crossing fanatic to choose just one character and prove that character before this very thread. He couldn't do it and thereby supported by reasons for not including the franchise with a PC. I'll hope you'll see the same

--------------------------------------------------

thanks homeless , through ac has the popularity + sakurais support + i think sakurai can fix the moveset (WE HAVE SNAKE , IN A E10 GAME.) and uniqueness , i guess so he doesent make the cut on yours.
anyhow i started my own probable character roster on nsider2 (Tons of people love it) and i have 100% credit to you for the original idea :) , anyways its ok if you dont want to add tom nook , good idea with ray through :p.
~Thirdkoopa.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Congratulations you get the dictate halfwit award for being by far the stupidest Board member to stumble upon my thread. I don't mind the occasional idiot once in a while but when they think they have intelligencesbd [sic] then I say for shame.

Not only is your intelligence completely evidence in your sorry post which I soon will get but your far superior mind seemed to fail to grasp an actual facts partaining with Sakurai's preference of Smash bros. in general. Your "Metroid rule" for say wouldn't state nothing more than the fact that a Metroid Character will be in the game which in terms of your logic proves that Gandrayada and Dark Samus are shoe-ins. Your ignorance baffles me in this matter but even more that you say Ridley should be before Krystal even though Sakurai mentioned her specifically in keys of interest.

Plus my rules do nothing more to be stablized for arguments for those who don't know. Wow, your post is trash and I'm ashamed you had to lay that turd on here. Actually if this post is what you say it is then you should feel right at home. What annoys me about you is that you think you know precisely what is going to happen in brawl and drown yourself in your ignorance. And I know now that you'll either continue to whine on my thread with insultive words in a meat headed attempt to prove your noobish worth or that you'll leave in a temper tantrum replying to yourself or others how much you think the hoimeless guy is worth trash. Either so I don't care just get you some intelligence by the way (the grammer was sarcasm if you didn't know =_=)

(I can understand being flamed for a stupid move but it seems like this guy is a troll taking kicks off of flaming for stupid stuff rather than posting his own worthless thread)
Wow, good reply :bigthumbu Your reply was far more shoddy than you claimed my original post to be.

I already gave a detailed explanation of why your list was poor. The previous post was just me pointing out how your list continues to be ill-founded. First, your percentages are based off of...what? The order of them is clearly misguided.

And why are your "rules" crap, you may ask? Well, mostly because the basis of them is that "Sakurai will pick whatever the heck character he wants without any regard to what anyone else wants." Red rule may as well be: "Sakurai can see more potential in a character than you." Red isn't unexpected. Plenty of people expected him. Plenty of people wanted some version of Squitle, Ivsysaur and Charizard, too...the question was just how would it all work. Sakurai found a way for it to work where everyone else's creativity failed. All the "Red rule" is is that Sakurai's creativity will come out.

The "IC rule" is nothing more than a retro rule. Sakurai likes retro characters. End of story. It has nothing to do with popularity. How can we compare Ice Climber, which came out in 1985. How can we compare a game that came out at the dawn of video games to new characters now who have the advantage of the massive advertising and hype that is the video game industry today? It wouldn't be fair to call it a popularity thing. It's a retro thing. Classic characters win because they are classic.

So, why don't you try using your brain for once. Just because you created your very own thread doesn't make you an expert on all things Smash, ok? It just makes you another noob who joined the boards and wants to make a name for himself unless you can show that you actually have some knowledge on the subject. So, suck it up and take some criticism. Case-in-point: #19) Ice Climbers. Plenty of people pointed this out to you before they were confirmed. So, just because you didn't anticipate them doesn't mean everyone here had some grand epiphany of how Sakurai runs shop.

And I will continue to call your list crap as I said until you fix Ridley. Your basis for Krystal's position is who knows what. And since all of this is based upon what Sakurai wants, how about this: Sakurai wants to please the fans. Sakurai wants more Metroid characters. Sakurai wants more villains. Sakurai wants more flying characters. Japan (who doesn't like Metroid) wants Ridley. Ridley is at the top of the polls. Ridley is Samus's arch rival and the only, yes I repeat only only Metroid character worth mentioning. The fact that you listed off Gandrayada and Dark Samus either shows your ignorance or simply your willingness to comply with reality. With all of that, I hardly think 86% is a proper probability, especially considering that you have Krystal above him.

So, that is all I have to say. I really don't care if you regard anything I have to say or not. But just know that all of your list doesn't hold any water so long as you choose to live in ignorance. So huff and puff your own ego up all you want. Wiseguy wasn't even that bad and even he has slowly gone down in flames because he didn't listen to people.

Zevox

Smash Lord
He is second party, cause he is in a Mario game but belongs to Square.
Not even close. He would be second party if he belonged to a company that was not a part of Nintendo, but was contracted exclusively to Nintendo. Being owned by Square-Enix makes him third party, regardless of what games he has appeared in before, because they're entirely independent of Nintendo.

Edit: @ Homelessvagrant - You might want to update Marth's information. His second disadvantage no longer applies, since Nintendo announced that the upcoming Fire Emblem DS would be a remake of his first game with new features.

Zevox

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
" Red rule may as well be: "Sakurai can see more potential in a character than you." Red isn't unexpected. Plenty of people expected him. Plenty of people wanted some version of Squitle, Ivsysaur and Charizard, too...the question was just how would it all work. Sakurai found a way for it to work where everyone else's creativity failed. All the "Red rule" is is that Sakurai's creativity will come out."

I think you may be misguided with your ideas about the rules, The Redrule states just the words you said, well kinda. What the rule states is that a character isn't limited because the lack of "not working" like Capt. Olimar or Red. If people want them in enough Sakurai will make it happen. Maybe I'll reiterate.

I knew Ice climbers would be in (I always argued with bloggers about this) and the reason they originally were in 43 was because I Do listen to the readers, I think you ignore some of the posts I actually listened to and only looked at the countless Tom Nook posts I've gotten. Also sakurai had more reason to love Ice Climbers rather than them being retro. Yes indeed he does love retros but he doesn't just pick them left and right. Ic's were part of his past and therefore were something more than just retros.

"So, suck it up and take some criticism. Case-in-point: #19) Ice Climbers. Plenty of people pointed this out to you before they were confirmed. So, just because you didn't anticipate them doesn't mean everyone here had some grand epiphany of how Sakurai runs shop."

Dude this thread wasn't even up before Ice climbers were revealed. This thread actually opened up the day it realeased (****** moment for you). And i do listen to criticism quite widely, that's why I've been commended by so many people (because I listen). It's just that it's kind of hard to give an intellectual reply when all you get is

"Your rules are crap. There are plenty of people who expected those things."
What am I supposed to say, should I applaud you for such a worthless idiotic post. Maybe if you had given me reason (like now) behind your opinion I wouldn't have up and dissed you. Also being curteous helps ;)

And I will continue to call your list crap as I said until you fix Ridley. Your basis for Krystal's position is who knows what. And since all of this is based upon what Sakurai wants, how about this: Sakurai wants to please the fans. Sakurai wants more Metroid characters. Sakurai wants more villains. Sakurai wants more flying characters. Japan (who doesn't like Metroid) wants Ridley. Ridley is at the top of the polls. Ridley is Samus's arch rival and the only, yes I repeat only only Metroid character worth mentioning. The fact that you listed off Gandrayada and Dark Samus either shows your ignorance or simply your willingness to comply with reality. With all of that, I hardly think 86% is a proper probability, especially considering that you have Krystal above him.
I admit I had the space dragon lower than he should be before, but now there is no excuse. The argument you used is the same one used before added with "sakurai wants more flying characters." No that's just incorrect information. He wanted to refine the combat for arial battles, that does not mean Flying characters. Krysatal is at the top of the polls too and while she did get one less vote then Ridley (whoopdie doo). Sakurai mentioned her by name asking what people thought. He indirrectly mentioned Ridley (by only saying he wanted more Metroid characters). Now IMO I agree I like Ridley more and think Ridley is a shoe in, but what kind of person would I be to biased. Then your statements would be true. In any case dude I think your being very opinionated about Ridley. Have ou failed to realize how large a percentage 86% is. Throw 86 black and 14 white coins in a jar and see which one you will pull. IMO 86% is the precntile of a shoe in so be happy with your precentage, because Sakurai's unpredictable and you don't 100% know the final roster (if you do then post your character ideas and win that 50 bucks). BTW I told people in the smash blogs that squirtle had an even shot with lucario and blaziken way back in June. People mocked me then for my ideas too. But......He is in.

"So, why don't you try using your brain for once. Just because you created your very own thread doesn't make you an expert on all things Smash, ok? It just makes you another noob who joined the boards and wants to make a name for himself unless you can show that you actually have some knowledge on the subject."
Wow another big dur, do you just go to character suggestion threads and copy and paste because you seem to have no clue about the community build on this thread. I never admitted myself as smash master but don't deny I have intellect on this matter. why don't you use your brain for once. Just because you created your own stupid post and claim yourself as smash genius doesn't make you an expert on all things Smash, ok? It just makes you another noob who joined the boards and wants to make a name for himself unless you can show that you actually have some knowledge on the subject.

"So huff and puff your own ego up all you want"
ego? Wow that's the first time I heard that one :chuckle:

"Wiseguy wasn't even that bad and even he has slowly gone down in flames because he didn't listen to people."
Which has to be the stupid quote of them all, because time after time I have listened to the people. Sorry that I don't just let any random idiotic tell me I need to "Put shyguy as #12 because he's got the pwns!" Why don't you actually try reading these threads before posting and be amazed by how much I *gasp* actually listen to people. Just because I don't put Paper mario or Tom Nook on the list today doesn't mean have no mind to, I said I'm going to go over the character and well I have a life outside of smash boards, I'm sorry I'm not fitting to your standards.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Finally I'd like to say that you should try posting your own character suggestions only so you can work hard to refine it and listen to peopl and have some highschool freshman (that's what I'm assuming) smash noob tell you how your whole work is trash and basically state incorrect statements along with self praise and basically be a troll on your thread because you know that that rediculous, absurred, completely misinformed, and incorrect could come form nowhere else. I think you would then understand my position more and understand that your post was given special neglatory and verbal abuse for a reason.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
thanks homeless , through ac has the popularity + sakurais support + i think sakurai can fix the moveset (WE HAVE SNAKE , IN A E10 GAME.) and uniqueness , i guess so he doesent make the cut on yours.
anyhow i started my own probable character roster on nsider2 (Tons of people love it) and i have 100% credit to you for the original idea :) , anyways its ok if you dont want to add tom nook , good idea with ray through :p.
~Thirdkoopa.
Thanks, I'm sorry that Nook isn't on the thread honestly, maybe however this gives him room to be on a new special section of these probability threads.

Good luck with the thread on Nsider :)
I hope things go well over there (no flamers)

Why is geno under 3rd party?

On sakurai's poll he was first party.
You're right. Today I put the blue bomber in his up right position.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to tell you guys look forward to tomorrow when I should have the next column up Top 5 WTF characters. And as always don't forget to let your opinion be heard!

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I think you may be misguided with your ideas about the rules, The Redrule states just the words you said, well kinda. What the rule states is that a character isn't limited because the lack of "not working" like Capt. Olimar or Red. If people want them in enough Sakurai will make it happen. Maybe I'll reiterate.

I knew Ice climbers would be in (I always argued with bloggers about this) and the reason they originally were in 43 was because I Do listen to the readers, I think you ignore some of the posts I actually listened to and only looked at the countless Tom Nook posts I've gotten. Also sakurai had more reason to love Ice Climbers rather than them being retro. Yes indeed he does love retros but he doesn't just pick them left and right. Ic's were part of his past and therefore were something more than just retros.

Dude this thread wasn't even up before Ice climbers were revealed. This thread actually opened up the day it realeased (****** moment for you). And i do listen to criticism quite widely, that's why I've been commended by so many people (because I listen). It's just that it's kind of hard to give an intellectual reply when all you get is

What am I supposed to say, should I applaud you for such a worthless idiotic post. Maybe if you had given me reason (like now) behind your opinion I wouldn't have up and dissed you. Also being curteous helps ;)

I admit I had the space dragon lower than he should be before, but now there is no excuse. The argument you used is the same one used before added with "sakurai wants more flying characters." No that's just incorrect information. He wanted to refine the combat for arial battles, that does not mean Flying characters. Krysatal is at the top of the polls too and while she did get one less vote then Ridley (whoopdie doo). Sakurai mentioned her by name asking what people thought. He indirrectly mentioned Ridley (by only saying he wanted more Metroid characters). Now IMO I agree I like Ridley more and think Ridley is a shoe in, but what kind of person would I be to biased. Then your statements would be true. In any case dude I think your being very opinionated about Ridley. Have ou failed to realize how large a percentage 86% is. Throw 86 black and 14 white coins in a jar and see which one you will pull. IMO 86% is the precntile of a shoe in so be happy with your precentage, because Sakurai's unpredictable and you don't 100% know the final roster (if you do then post your character ideas and win that 50 bucks). BTW I told people in the smash blogs that squirtle had an even shot with lucario and blaziken way back in June. People mocked me then for my ideas too. But......He is in.

"So, why don't you try using your brain for once. Just because you created your very own thread doesn't make you an expert on all things Smash, ok? It just makes you another noob who joined the boards and wants to make a name for himself unless you can show that you actually have some knowledge on the subject."
Wow another big dur, do you just go to character suggestion threads and copy and paste because you seem to have no clue about the community build on this thread. I never admitted myself as smash master but don't deny I have intellect on this matter. why don't you use your brain for once. Just because you created your own stupid post and claim yourself as smash genius doesn't make you an expert on all things Smash, ok? It just makes you another noob who joined the boards and wants to make a name for himself unless you can show that you actually have some knowledge on the subject.

ego? Wow that's the first time I heard that one :chuckle:

Which has to be the stupid quote of them all, because time after time I have listened to the people. Sorry that I don't just let any random idiotic tell me I need to "Put shyguy as #12 because he's got the pwns!" Why don't you actually try reading these threads before posting and be amazed by how much I *gasp* actually listen to people. Just because I don't put Paper mario or Tom Nook on the list today doesn't mean have no mind to, I said I'm going to go over the character and well I have a life outside of smash boards, I'm sorry I'm not fitting to your standards.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Finally I'd like to say that you should try posting your own character suggestions only so you can work hard to refine it and listen to peopl and have some highschool freshman (that's what I'm assuming) smash noob tell you how your whole work is trash and basically state incorrect statements along with self praise and basically be a troll on your thread because you know that that rediculous, absurred, completely misinformed, and incorrect could come form nowhere else. I think you would then understand my position more and understand that your post was given special neglatory and verbal abuse for a reason.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks, I'm sorry that Nook isn't on the thread honestly, maybe however this gives him room to be on a new special section of these probability threads.

Good luck with the thread on Nsider :)
I hope things go well over there (no flamers)

You're right. Today I put the blue bomber in his up right position.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to tell you guys look forward to tomorrow when I should have the next column up Top 5 WTF characters. And as always don't forget to let your opinion be heard!
http://www.nsider2.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18540 <- not as well as yours but it got almost 200 posts in less than a week (including mine) only one stupid flamer so far saying that i should take wolf and nook for dark samus LOL. other than that its going terrific and most people like it (nook is number 39 on there :p) While you should add him soon the idea of household weapons still comes to mind (he can use fishing rods but ... still household.) he still has popularity/support from sakurai/uniqueness but i dont mind , you can add one later when you can. oh yeah i have your thread linked on mine :p.
~Thirdkoopa (thanks for helping me start this , :o.)

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Well the Proabable character roster has been updated again (check it out). You'll notice some neat additions.

Again if there is anything people see that don't agree with contend for your point and argue it in.

Edit: @ Homelessvagrant - You might want to update Marth's information. His second disadvantage no longer applies, since Nintendo announced that the upcoming Fire Emblem DS would be a remake of his first game with new features.

Zevox
Thanks change made ^_^

Conker1

Smash Ace
I'd say Bomberman has a better chance than Rayman. Nintendo and Hudson being all buddy-buddy you know. Also, Bomberman goes way back with Nintendo, about as far as Megaman.

Gotann

Smash Apprentice
Now that Diddy and Sonic being confirmed. The only character I'd like to be added in Brawl would be WW Link, and completly satisfied. I don't really know why, he's just so awesome and the fact that Wind Waker was my favorite Zelda. I really hope he makes. Please Sakurai make it happen!!

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
Likeing the 3.0 version alot BUT....

I doubt any of the top 50 would fall under the category of highly unprobable. I would assume that label would be placed on the characters who didnt make the top 50. If the 50th is highly unprobable it totally goes against the point of making 50 PROBABLE suggestions. Wolf-Minda should be orange at least.

I would say highly unprobable would fall under characters with a little chance and cult followings...ie - Mach Rider, Mike Jones from Star Tropics and Professor E Gradd.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Well the Proabable character roster has been updated again (check it out). You'll notice some neat additions.

Again if there is anything people see that don't agree with contend for your point and argue it in.

Thanks change made ^_^
oh i got the perfect WTF:masahiro sakurai :laugh:!
anyways good job with this (check out mine ^_^) i linked it , and yeah i agree with nobletoast's comment :lick:
anyways GREAT job and keep going (btw you should put chibi on WTF maybe ? lol.)
~Thirdkoopa.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Two things:

1) Where did you get the pictures?

2)
50) Midna = 40%
Here's a fanfave, most of you guys are like why wasn't she on here in the first place? Well it deals with numbers and overpopulation, still I won't deny her role as probably the only other playable character in a link game besides link (at least that's what I believe). So she has her ups. And if her being on wolf link and with that grabber hand we can't deny she'd be an interesting player as well (which is what Sakurai likes).
-Star of the most recent console (not handheld) Zelda game.
-TP Link model, TP Zelda model, and Eldin bridge confirm that Sakurai is using TP as the basis of all his Zelda-related things in Brawl, so, if he needs a new character, he's going to turn to TP first.
-Female (small point, but it still stands.)
-First quadruped-based moveset if Wolf Link is included (also a small point, but still stands.)
-New fan favorite character of Zelda.
-More character development than Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf combined shows that Nintendo put some thought into her and doesn't want her to die away like the other "helpers".
-Putting her in Brawl will only increase the likelihood that she'll return in a future Zelda game.

"Highly Unprobable" my ***! She's got a good solid 70% at least.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
M2: -He was bottem tier in brawl which brought an anti Mewtwo movement umongst a few smash fans
And this matters how?

Falco: -He could be out prioritized by Wolf
??? Elaborate

Lucario: -Sakurai’s seemingly biased support for first generation pokes
Sakurai is biased because all 2 of the 2 playable pokemon characters are first gen?

Olimar: -He has a more subtle role than the pikmin
How is directing small plant-aliens to do your bidding "subtle?"

Stafy: -The lack of arms may make it hard to make A attacks
That didn't stop Kirby and Jiggs...

Gotann

Smash Apprentice
Here's my realistic list:

Confirmed:
-The 21 already confirmed characters >.>...(Won't bother listing them)

Characters who might get in or return:
22. Jigglypuff
23. Ganondorf (As a non-clone chacracter)
25. C. Falcon
26. Luigi
27. Mewtwo
28. Wind Waker Link
29. Lucario
30. Krystal
31. Capt. Olimar
32. King Dedede (Although he might be a boss or assist)
33. Claus

Characters who are in trouble:
-Ness (He's one of the original 12, but might get replace by Lucas)
-Pichu (Clone Issue-He's just too similar to Pika)
-Falco (I don't see him leaving, but if he has a Clone Issue too...)
-Marth/Roy (They might get replace by other non-sword men characters)
(Clone Issue also, so at least one has to be removed....)
-Game&Watch (Yea, it was funny seeing in melee for the first time, but it's time to move on)

Might get in but:
-Ridley: I see him more as a boss, but he has high chances of being a character thoug
-Bowser Jr.: Due to the amount of Mario characters, he might only be an assist
-Midna: See him as a assist

Third Parties:

Capcom: Megaman
Namco: Pacman
SqaureSoft: Geno (Because of popularity) -
(I vote for Chrono though, and Sora might be interesting. But I don't think it's happening.)

Shuma

Smash Hero
About Ridley, Sakurai "hinted" at his inclusion, somewhere he said that he whanted to give better rep to under reped franchises Like Metroid, he also said he whanted more flying characters and more villains.

Ridley fills the 3 areas, the only concern is if he is a PC or a Boss, but of course being intended to be in Melee as a PC means something.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Indeed it does. 'Cause we ALL know bomberman is MORE important than MM.

Conker1

Smash Ace
Indeed it does. 'Cause we ALL know bomberman is MORE important than MM.
Maybe not, but Bomberman is definitely more important than Rayman.

I'd also say Ray has a better chance than Isaac. Custom Robo is more popular and older than Golden Sun, plus he's a robot and if Brawl needs more females, as you people say, then I say Brawl needs more robots.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Two things:

1) Where did you get the pictures?

2)

-Star of the most recent console (not handheld) Zelda game.
-TP Link model, TP Zelda model, and Eldin bridge confirm that Sakurai is using TP as the basis of all his Zelda-related things in Brawl, so, if he needs a new character, he's going to turn to TP first.
-Female (small point, but it still stands.)
-First quadruped-based moveset if Wolf Link is included (also a small point, but still stands.)
-New fan favorite character of Zelda.
-More character development than Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf combined shows that Nintendo put some thought into her and doesn't want her to die away like the other "helpers".
-Putting her in Brawl will only increase the likelihood that she'll return in a future Zelda game.

"Highly Unprobable" my ***! She's got a good solid 70% at least.
1)You can find the pictures here http://ikusaba.ifdef.jp/x/index.htm

2)Well I put her up some but still taking in character consideration she only has a shot if Shiek is Zelda's transformation (or isn't in) and LoZ gets 4 reps. I'll consider even more about putting her higher but i do ask to please hold your temper. I'm not trying to offend anyone and value your opinion but when someone is rude it makes it harder for me respect their post. Thank you for the comments though.

And this matters how?...
It's a very weak argument but alot of stupid smash boarders use this. Please note this doesn't hurt his chances but rether shuts people up (it lets people know I'm listening)

??? Elaborate
This is to compensate for a board member who was super pro Wolf. Wolf has a much lower shot at being in brawl but there is the small situation where he actually does replace Falco. Yeah, I know it sounds stupid but not having those word up there caused much riot on this thread for some stupid reason

Sakurai is biased because all 2 of the 2 playable pokemon characters are first gen?
No, Sakurai is biased to first gen because all non clone character in any smash bros is from first gen

How is directing small plant-aliens to do your bidding "subtle?"
subtle in that the pikmin carry out the actions and not him. This is kinda like PT. It's a weak argument but an argument used non the less and I'm trying to consider all smash arguments whether weak or strong.

That didn't stop Kirby and Jiggs...
true but some people still use this argument and again I'm only recognizing as a argument. i don't know I might get rid of these but I'll have to think about it. Please be patient with me and thank you.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I've got two WTF chars.

Shy Guy and Magikarp.

Look at the Magikarp 4 Brawl thread.

Yeah, it's there.
hmm yeah I probably should've picked better WTF characters.......I'll see if i can fix it to be more fitting.

Edit: actually in a day or two I may be changing quite a few things. Just look for the changes to see if they are hopefully fitting for you.

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
42)Sukapon = 66%
Now here’s a Japanese only character worth mentioning, and for good reason. Sukapon is from the first ever Nintendo made fighting game.
Advantages
-He is a fighting character made to ……well fight
-He would only respectful to put in a game like this
-He is unique
-He was in both the melee and brawl suggestion polls
Disadvantages
-Disjointed body parts make it difficult to make such a character
-He is a awkward character
-Japanese rule

-----

2)
Rayman
With Sonic out of the way only one third party character has a chance at making into brawl and my bets on Rayman. It's no lie that Ubisoft is smooth with nintendo, a relationship that has only sparked further since the introduction of the wii. But one can not also the strange ubisoft rumor, in which a rumor it is still holds interesting water. I mean why would someone make up a rumor such as this dealing with odd character like Rayman and such. Now in the main list a rumor would never make it as an advantage needless to say make it first place. However there's not much we have on third party characters so...
Advantages
-Ubisoft is good with Nintendo
-Brawl is a good form of advertising
-Ubisoft rumor
Disadvantages
-Buisness Affairs
Ok, firstly, I've only included Sukapon because of his disadvantages. If I'm not mistaken, isn't Rayman also disjointed? This would therefore, by Sukapon's logic, make Rayman somewhat "difficult" and "awkward" also, wouldn't it? Sure Rayman has a *somewhat* more defined shape but the two aren't a great deal different in that respect.

Secondly, why isn't Bomberman on this list at all? Let alone ahead of Rayman. Bomberman has had an incredible amount of games, a lot more than Rayman (considering a fair few of Rayman's games were remakes or spin-offs anyway). Hudson is also very "smooth" (as you put it) with Nintendo. They've got a much more significant history with Nintendo than Ubisoft, I'd argue...

- For one Hudson became the first third-party software vendor for Nintendo, which has got to stand for something.

- They've also been entrusted with developing Mario Party, a well-known spin-off of the Mario franchise.

- Hudson has allowed for many of their hit games to be released on the virtual console, including Bomberman but also hits such as Bonk's Adventure among others that previously weren't on Nintendo consoles, and in the past also re-released other hits onto the Nintendo Gamecube.

- Bomberman has also already had a direct cross-over with other Mario characters, namely Wario in 'Wario Blast!', something Rayman lacks.

- Alternatively, not only has Bomberman been crossed with Nintendo characters, he has also had experience in crossover fighting games, namely Hudson's DreamMix TV World Fighters, featuring Hudson Soft, Konami, and Takara characters, *including* Solid Snake mind you, as well as Simon Belmont (another character on your third-party list). DreamMix TV World Fighters, although being released on the PS2, was also released on the GameCube, even if both were Japan-only releases.

- Overall Bomberman has had an incredibly number of games on Nintendo consoles, too many to list really, spanning across the NES, SNES, N64, Game Boy, Game Boy Colour, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo DS, and Nintendo Wii; basically every mainstream Nintendo console.

- Bomberman has been around ever since 1983. Sure he didn't *debut* on a Nintendo console, but he's had a solid appearance on Nintendo consoles since, and his age, whilst still current, gives him *somewhat* of an age factor. I wouldn't quite call it retro since he still appears frequently, but he's got a longer legacy than many of the other characters. I mean, Rayman only debuted in 1995, and neither did he debut on a Nintendo console.

Rayman had one game remade a billion times, an admittedly good sequal or two on the N64, and then Rabbids recently although half the game apparently revolved around his capture as he played more of a side role? o.0 Other than that he's really only had various spin-offs. Sure he had his own fighting game, but it wasn't exactly a crossover either.

Maybe I'm just biased against Rayman, but I still think Bomberman is ATLEAST deserving to be on the list of third-parties. I'd rather see Rayman further down too, but my opinion may or may not be blurring my last hour or so of research into the guy >.>

Simon_Belmont

Smash Apprentice
41)
5) Simon Belmont
We'll end this list with Simon Belmont though I won't set my hopes high on him. He's another one who was on Sakurai's polls but unfortunately the fact that he comes from the same company as Snake means nothing as he was made from a different developer (keep in mind Hideo Kojima asked for Snake to make an appearance, not Konami).
Advantages
-He was on Sakurai's polls
-He is popular
-began on nintendo system
Disadvantages
-Buisness affairs
-He is not made from the same developer as Snake so he can't get in that way
-Konami and Nintendo are not on the best of terms.[/COLOR]
Wait WTF? Let me give you the reasons I believe that give Simon an advantage (after listing the ones you have listed of course):

+He was on Sakurai's polls
+He is popular
+Began on a Nintendo system
+He's iconic and a classic
+Every game he's had, except for two, has been on a Nintendo system
+He was in a Smash Bros. clone before, alongside Snake (which means this idea is not too outlandish)

Ok now to crush (some of) those disadvantages:

-Him not being made by Hideo Kojima (Snake guy) doesn't have to do anything with his inclusion
-Konami and Nintendo might not be on the best of terms, but Konami Computer Entertainment Tokyo, which is the branch that makes Castlevania, is actually pretty friendly with Nintendo. Koji Igarashi (current head of Castlevania/KCET) has also stated that Konami gives him freedom to do what he wants with Castlevania.
-In an interview, when asked which other game producers he likes, IGA (Koji Igarashi's nickname) said he admired Hideo Kojima and Shigeru Miyamoto. While this kinda means nothing, but he certainly would let a character from his series brawl with characters made by his favorite producers.

In my honest opinion, he has much higher chances than Pac-Man and maybe even Bomberman, but idk about Geno. Certainly though, his chances are higher than those "mans" that I just mentioned.

Top Bottom