• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Probable Character Roster 3.0 ^_^

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
The only Third gen character that is from a nintendo series
This was from Genos part,

What about Mallow? Sure he might not have the same chance but he's still a third gen charecter that is from a nintendo series.

Plus I think Mallow is cooler, I mean Mallow is a cloud like creature, Geno's just a Dolly.....:ohwell:

Edit: This may be a bit off topic but where do you get those, charecter for brawl pics people have in thier sigs, like Ralph marquees.

Break

Smash Apprentice
This is by far the best character prediction thread I have seen on this abyss of a forum. Nice work.

Elotes Locos

Smash Rookie
lol, my first post! :chuckle:

Anyway, I like this character prediction... and I really hope Isaac gets in (it may be impossible, but I still have hope for him).

And WTF? Stafy? O_o I have never heard of... him(?) before.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Ok, what exactly is PRA?

Also, your percentages aren't exactly commensurate with the chances you associate them... I mean, I don't know about you, but I think that "highly unprobable" is quite a bit less than 42% :ohwell:

And I don't exactly see Starfy as having as high as a 70% chance, especially with the notion of assist trophies and the fact that he's a little star <_< I'd imagine "the Red Rule" would only go so far.

However, I commend you on the time and effort you put into doing this, as well as the fact that I actually read all of it ^^

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Nice job Homeless, I read most of it, and I'll be back later to read the rest. *subscribes*

Break

Smash Apprentice
Is there any mathematical basis to the percents or are they just estimates?

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Is there any mathematical basis to the percents or are they just estimates?
It did start as a mathematical formula but somewhere long the line it started to get worped. Now it is mostly just estimates. Anyways what real math can you use?

Ok, what exactly is PRA?
Priority-Importance, popularity

Role-importance in the plot of their game

Attacks-What kind of attacks they could have

Nice job Homeless, I read most of it, and I'll be back later to read the rest. *subscribes*
lol, thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Page update

King Dedede has been moved to in slot.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Cool - so we've got the Koopa King, the King of Dream Land, and we're almost surely getting the King of Darkness too.

Room for one more? I hope so.

Think of how cool it would be if the Kremling King were added to that mix - that'd be one awesome FFA of evil.

Zevox

KYLEMARTHFALCODANIELSON

Smash Apprentice
21)
25) Ganondorf = 97%
He is the main villain for the popular LOZ series and a favorite for many Smashers. Really there’s not much to say though.
Advantages
-He’s been already leaked for character designs as known from an interview
-He’s popular
-He was on the Sakurai polls
-He has PRA
-He is a villain
Disadvantages
-No noticeable disadvantages

28)
Shiek = 86%
Really this isn’t determining whether Shiek will be in brawl but whether she’ll be a stand alone character. There should be no doubt she is a character as she was spoken of in the interview with the LOZ rep.
Advantages
- She was on Sakurai’s poll to be a separate character.
-She hasn’t been seen in Zelda’s pics despite being one of her moves
-The Fludd update gives possibilities for such moves to be changed
-The PT update gives a cleaner alternative to a Zelda/Shiek symbiosis
-Shiek was originally without Zelda in Melee http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAuZnnzoaIE
Disadvantages
-Shiek was Zelda’s transformation in melee
-Shiek being a transformation for Zelda may be weird being an alternative
THIS IS THE THIRD TIME I HAVE SEEN SOMTHING REGARDING SHEIK AND GANON IN SOME "INTERVIEW" WHERE DID YOU SEE THIS AND CAN YOU GIVE ME A LINK TO IT? I AM REALLY INTERESTED TO READ THIS! THANKS

y3nia659

Smash Ace
Not too bad of a roster.

WW Link is too overrated, and Sakurai did say he wasn't too excited of popular characters like Link and Mario, I assume especially with another of the same copy.

Insurance Salesman

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry, but I have trouble with some of your reasoning.

Why do you think that Midna, who has appeared in ONE game and has never really done anything that could be easily translated into moves, should get in over King K. Rool, who has been in more games (about 8 or 9, although I'm not sure), is the main villain of the series, and has a lot more moveset potential?

y3nia659

Smash Ace
I'm sorry, but I have trouble with some of your reasoning.

Why do you think that Midna, who has appeared in ONE game and has never really done anything that could be easily translated into moves, should get in over King K. Rool, who has been in more games (about 8 or 9, although I'm not sure), is the main villain of the series, and has a lot more moveset potential?
I would agree with you to an extent, but why did Falco get in over Adross, despite Andross being the main villain of the franchise?

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
I would agree with you to an extent, but why did Falco get in over Adross, despite Andross being the main villain of the franchise?

A - His high turnout in the Mellee poll (highest in the Star Fox section anyway) and overall popularity.
B - His important role in the previous pre-Krystal Star Fox game (64)
C - He could be made fast as a clone from the already included Fox
D - The fact he isnt a gigantic head

raul

Smash Lord
Cool - so we've got the Koopa King, the King of Dream Land, and we're almost surely getting the King of Darkness too.

Room for one more? I hope so.

Think of how cool it would be if the Kremling King were added to that mix - that'd be one awesome FFA of evil.

Zevox
Whats the deal with all these Kings? No emporerers, warlords, dictators, lords, etc.

Bowser, K. Rool, Dedede, Ridley, Wario, Ganondorf, Wolf O'Donnell...that's some serious evil.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I noticed a good chunk of the evil guys are reptiles. Our the Uh-oh, are they gonna topple those ****, dirty apes?

Right now I see Micaiah as an underdog--she has to deal with both Marth and suprisingly Sigurd demand (I really don't see him in but I can practically feel fate against me), but she's in such a good spot (recent game with Ike, female, magic user) I can't help but root for her.

robotwind

Smash Rookie
How about balloon Fighter? He was on Sakurai's Mentioned list ith Sigard and others, he had an unfinished version in the beta version of Melee, and he ould be an unqine character. (Maybe even a WTF Character

Duality

Smash Journeyman
It'd be pretty great to add the guy from Manhunt and his final smash would be like an execution in which he takes out his bat and busts their head off.

But seriously, I think Bomberman or Megaman have the greatest chance, I hope for Bomberman though.

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
41) Ness = 67%
Honestly this is a hard possition to give because Sakurai could go three ways. He has shown more love to Mother 3, and Ness's role before had just be a replacement because Lucas couldn't be used so....Sakurai could go entirely with Mother 3 and add Lucas and Claus, give respect to ness as the replacement and have Ness and Lucas as characters or just stick with Lucas. Hmm this is quite difficult indeed.
Advantages
-Ness was in the first two games of smash
-Ness's game mother 2 (or earthbound) was released in both the US and Japan.
Disadvantages
-Ness's moves aren't even his (most them at least)
-LUCAS! Most would say that it doesn't have a remark to Ness in the slightest but these words of sakurai make it highly debatable to whether Ness will be or not, "Is it possible he can surpass even Ness?!" Yeah that definitly says something.

42)Sukapon = 66%
Now here’s a Japanese only character worth mentioning, and for good reason. Sukapon is from the first ever Nintendo made fighting game.
Advantages
-He is a fighting character made to ……well fight
-He would only respectful to put in a game like this
-He is unique
-He was in both the melee and brawl suggestion polls
Disadvantages
-Disjointed body parts make it difficult to make such a character
-He is a awkward character
-Japanese rule

43) Bowser Jr. = 65%
Now because of the room I’m running out of I’ll just touch on the last few character. He would be a unique addition but the overpopulation rule just reaks here. With the Mario series having 4 definite reps. and 4 side reps the chances of Bowser Jr. being in are considerably low.

44) Midna = 65%
Here's a fanfave, most of you guys are like why wasn't she on here in the first place? Well it deals with numbers and overpopulation, still I won't deny her role as probably the only other playable character in a link game besides link (at least that's what I believe). So she has her ups. And if her being on wolf link and with that grabber hand we can't deny she'd be an interesting player as well (which is what Sakurai likes).

45)
Ray=63%
Well there has been discussion about this guy making the cut to PC and while I see him being fit for a more assist trophy slot, I can't argue with pro argument for him. He is in a nice set off games though his populrity is less than desiring. But with Sakurai who knows.

46) Black Knight = 55%
Really this is a heart breaker that he was so low b/c the Black Knight is a cool character. Well he might still be in (the Ice climbers have been reconfirmed after all). He lacks in priority and the over population rule puts his chances lower.

47) Mii = 50%
Really this a coin flip. While Mii’s weren’t on sakurai’s poll, customizable characters were. Plus this game being on the Wii it would be silly for Sakurai to ignore this implementation. Still this is an iffy because the question of how Sakurai would implement the character is deffenitly in the wind

48) Takamaru = 45%
He is a Japanese only character and he yet another sword wielder, the only real thing going for this character is the suggestion on Sakurai’s poll and his slight popularity

49) Wolf = 45%
While this character would be a cool addition, he doesn’t have the priority of other characters. Also overpopulation rules against him. Plus its seems as of now that Fox has a "Wolf" costume thus lowering his chances even further. He however would add to the villain count as well as add a heavier Fox.

50)
K. Rool = 42%
I'm suprised I actually suprised I'm putting this big balooks up here. Well donkey Kong is a seling point for nintendo (though not as big as other franchises) and it would probably be better to have this big overgrown New Orlean steak as a character than three monkeys right? Still I believe an unnoriginal moveset, limited popularity as well as other factors keep K. Rool from reaching the top. frankly I don't think he'll be in (I limit my hopes from 36-45), but it's not me who puts these characters in the game. So keep rooting DK fan boys

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third Party Candidates

Here's a new addition to the probable character thread. We can't deny third party characters will be in the game, but at what assumtion can we guess which ones will get in? Obviously these characters deal with buisness affairs and are thus harder to pim point. Still I'll take a knack at it and again I urge the community to right any wrongs I make.

) Megaman
So i have conformed to the Megaman hype and now place the blue bomber as the most probable third party character. The reason most being because of the cryptivc message on the capcom site which through extensive research have found something I believe to be related with brawl. If I ever I have time I'll probably post on here.
Advantages
-He was on sakurai's polls (but really this hardly constitutes as an advantage because of the properties of buisness affair [hard to explain])
-Brawl is a good from of advertising
-Nintendo and Capcom are mellow
-started on a nintendo system
Disadvantages
-Buisness Affairs

2)
Bomberman
Now this guy is interesting. He's Bomberman and he is made by hudson Soft who is very close to nintendo's development staff. They help work on various Nintendo titles and almost makes this character deserve a role in the game. Now only time will tell.
Advantages
-Hudson Soft is very close to Nintendo
-Brawl is a good form of advertising
Disadvantages
-Buisness Affairs

3) Pacman
You know misery is coming when this yellow blob arrives. I am truly not a fan of the big pacster and well pacman is from a company well with nintendo and you know how much sakurai loves retro. However when it comes to third party characters everything dwelts to buisness. Sakurai's modest and is unlikely to say no to a third party who asks nicely. And well Naamco has good buisness with Nintendo. Pacman did get into a Mario Kart game if you know.
Advantages
-Good buisness with Naamco
-Brawl is a good form of advertising
-previous Naamco and Nintendo connections (pacman for gamecube/Mario Kart GP2)
Disadvantages
-Buisness Affairs

4) Geno
Geno? yeah the possessed puppet finally appeared on this thread in some form. Why is he in the fourth spot when clearly was highly ranked on Sakurai's polls? Well this again deals with buisness and unfortunately though false rumors have spread Square Enix is not as suave with Nintendo as one would think. They are just now rebiulding an old relationship on slighly shaky grounds.
Advantages
-On Sakurai's Polls
-The only Third gen character that is from a nintendo series
Disadvantages
-Buisness affairs
-Relationship between Nintendo and square Enix isn't as strong as it could be.

5) Simon Belmont
We'll end this list with Simon Belmont though I won't set my hopes high on him. He's another one who was on Sakurai's polls but unfortunately the fact that he comes from the same company as Snake means nothing as he was made from a different developer (keep in mind Hideo Kojima asked for Snake to make an appearance, not Konami).
Advantages
-He was on Sakurai's polls
-He is popular
-began on nintendo system
Disadvantages
-Buisness affairs
-He is not made from the same developer as Snake so he can't get in that way
-Konami and Nintendo are not on the best of terms.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The top five WTF character list

The newest addition to the probability rankings. You'll find some of the most obscure characters here though all are on the boards. This list is only for fun so please take no offense to any character placement. Anyways if there is something you don't disagree with argue it as always. We'll start this list backwards.

5)
Shyguy

Lets start this list on a notch. Shyguy is but anything the one of the most generic nintendo characters in exsistance. This guy in a way symbolizes all generic foes that don't have a shot in brawl. So in that way this slot is more or less the generic foes slot than Shyguy himself. However Shyguy is the most generic and known random character to be on this thread so he represents the Wtf factor of WTF characters.

4)
Magikarp

What's more pointless than a generic nintendo enemy? A weak useless genric character that's what. Not only is magikarp a random character but he's a weak useless character. I would be less suprised if Sakurai announced a grain of dirt for a Playable character

3)
Waluigi

of all the obscure characters, this guy only has a role in some of Mario's lesser gaming franchises as a filler character. Do we need a filler character in brawl? What disturbs me is that he was on Sakurai's polls, ughth. It would really suproise me if sakurai made him anything more than an AT.

2)
Masahiro Sakurai[/B]

This was a close one. Sakurai himself in brawl? Now I don't mean by form of mii or anything of that kind. I mean sakurai himself with all the Masahiro you could want in one character slot. But he still counldn't beat the character slot one.

1)
Captain N

The ultimate WTF character and you guys know it. His origins are based in Nintendo and his series brought the first union of Nintendo franchises. However he's never had his own game. Plus he's American only. But the WTF list isn't about who has the best shot but who'd have the biggest suprise. So yeah I dare anyone come up with a Nintendo character with a bigger WTF factor than this guy.

And that concludes it. If there I anything you dislike, argue your case. These percentiles aren’t set in stone and I can easily change things. However please note . it might be best if you read RBinator's debunking of common arguments. REDUX! before posting arguments as this is a really insightful thread. Thank you and happy posting!
Add Andy (Advance Wars) in first party and Junior (Wing Island) wtf character.

hungrybum

Smash Journeyman
Pokey should be considered.... does anyone think that the fact that bowser stole DK's bananas lowered K.Rool's chances?

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
Im sorry but you have to put Andy (Advance Wars) on this, i believe he's a character thats in no matter what the fans think of him.

Chepe

Smash Lord
How about balloon Fighter? He was on Sakurai's Mentioned list ith Sigard and others, he had an unfinished version in the beta version of Melee, and he ould be an unqine character. (Maybe even a WTF Character
Nope nope, all lies, that Melee beta stuff. Someone who can translate this page:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/1009/index.html

Will tell you that starting from the 3rd "paragraph," Sakurai states that they wanted to take 1 character from the Famicom (NES) era to represent it. The Ice Climbers were decided upon because they could work well. The main characters of Balloon Fight, Urban Champion, Clu Clu Land, and Excite Bike were deemed bad choices due to them being limited. He then goes on to say when selecting characters it's "essential" for them to be able to do things.

So Balloon Fighter was never a likely possibility and probably never will be now that Pit's in...

Kittah4

Smash Ace
I personally wish Mona was up there as a sidekick to Wario, I'm kind of disappointed that my friend and I seem to be the only avid fans of her. I guess her chances are pretty low, then.

d0c926

Smash Journeyman
Micaiah would be an intresting character, a magic fighter would be fun! Hopefully ray 01 and Bowser jr (I know tat is pushing it on the Mario franchise). I am kinda shock that Viewful Joe is not on the list

Top Bottom