• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Probable Character Roster 3.0 ^_^

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
arrrrrrg, you promised to add Andy on the list. Also you might want to add Raymond on the list of third party. Ever since his icon was made Andy, is getting more and more support:

Reasons why Andy is likely to get in:

1. Nintendo Wars is the oldest active Nintendo franchise that doesn't have a pc in brawl. Acceptable

2. Sakurai says that some characters will not be on the poll (Pokemon trainer) You are so wrong it isnt even funny. You "claim" that he said that, but yet he didnt. And FYI, Pokemon trainer (Red/ash) was the top requested character in the polls of the original SSB and Melee. Sakurai didnt add him to SSB or melee because he thought that he wasnt known enough as other characters like Pikachu, Jiggly, & mewtwo

3. Unique, in all areas, appearance, moves, taunts. Acceptable

4. Great for advertisemnt OPINION. Plus, Sakurai doesnt want another "advertisement excuse to get in the way. Remember, Sakurai put Roy in because Nintendo was demmanding him to do so as advirtisement. And yet, the FE GBA game stunk. Now that he's a freelance devloper, he can do anything he pleases (Ex. Adding Japanese characters, personal opinions towards devlopment, etc

5. Popular in IGN and when Brawl was first shown, other than that, he has been slopping down popularity. Also at the start if the year he was proven to be more popular than Isaac.

Counter statments in bold. FYI, before making pathetic excuses for a character to get in please rethink what you're saying. And if you really want to know what it takes for characters to actually get in as a PC, here are the points:

1) Sakurai's Interests, journal entries, and Interviews
2) Character's Background/history, Importance to the series, actual uniqueness
3) Popularity with that actual Character

See that? It Relies on ALL of those 3 factors in that EXACT order. Unfortunatly, some people dont realize that and make stupid biased assumptions of their own and claim them as fact.

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
Counter statments in bold. FYI, before making pathetic excuses for a character to get in please rethink what you're saying. And if you really want to know what it takes for characters to actually get in as a PC, here are the points:

1) Sakurai's Interests, journal entries, and Interviews
2) Character's Background/history, Importance to the series, actual uniqueness
3) Popularity with that actual Character

See that? It Relies on ALL of those 3 factors in that EXACT order. Unfortunatly, some people dont realize that and make stupid biased assumptions of their own and claim them as fact.
awsome Krystal has pretty much every characteristic to be a PC!
SaKurai has shown interest in her
she was metioned highly of in his journal
not sure about interviews...
Fox wouldnt be where he is now if it wasnt for Krystal
she is really unique with her staff!
and she is one of the most popular unconfirmed characters(if not the most...i say its between her and ridley)

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Fox wouldnt be where he is now if it wasnt for Krystal
Not bashing Krystal here (as you can see in my sig, I am an avid supporter of her.)

But Fox was doing just fine LONG before Krystal was added to the Star Fox games. Fox doesn't owe anything to her other than a thank you for filling in the romantic interest role.

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
sig, it looks like Andy has no chance, what about journal entries has Sakurai mentioned his name

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I think there's another reason why Claus wouldn't be in Brawl...

Well, if he's dressed as the Masked Man and called "Claus", then it would be major-league, end of Mother 3 spoilers!

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I think there's another reason why Claus wouldn't be in Brawl...
[edited due to spoilers ;)]
Anyhow i'll tell you , See either form he has or so sakurai will do it if HE and the fans want claus (Which they all do.) And we have no clue which form he's appearing so it's not to much of a "Valid" Arguement.

sig, it looks like Andy has no chance, what about journal entries has Sakurai mentioned his name
Hardly , Sakurai hasn't mentioned his name through there is at LEAST the Assist trophy (But this doesen't count for much.) And it's still a "Well" Franchise to nintendo , Highly doubtful but trust me homeless will look in on information most likely :laugh::).
Now then , When will BK get lower than wolf again ? I feel its kind of byassed to put midna bowser jr and BK that high above wolf..I can continue on this homeless if you want :chuckle:.
~Thethirdkoopa.

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
every time i check this, the only thing that bugs me is that it says 'olimar plays a more subtle role than pikmin'...well, the only way i would want olimar is if he could control the pikmin. that would skyrocket him to the top of the uniqueness list, miles ahead of PT. which is in turn, another plus. but other than that, this and the wiseguy prediction thread are the only character speculation threads i dont want to shoot myself over after reading. good job!

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
shipoffools, my other new best friend! olimar and krystal i think have the highest new character possibilites, i mean almaost every nintendo character has a chance, but some of you want people i don't even know!:laugh:

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
every time i check this, the only thing that bugs me is that it says 'olimar plays a more subtle role than pikmin'...well, the only way i would want olimar is if he could control the pikmin. that would skyrocket him to the top of the uniqueness list, miles ahead of PT. which is in turn, another plus. but other than that, this and the wiseguy prediction thread are the only character speculation threads i dont want to shoot myself over after reading. good job!
Wow you rated me with Wiseguys prediction thread? I feel very honored. Thank you.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Wow you rated me with Wiseguys prediction thread? I feel very honored. Thank you.
Yours is just as good as his, only without the humorous captions and more "sticking with the facts".

Also, Ike warping in deconfirms squat, though Black Knight is still highly unlikely at this point...

Zevox

Smash Lord
I'd say yours is better than Wiseguy's, actually. Sure he got the painfully obvious characters, but his stubborn refusal to accept the probability of Marth's return, the fact that the only Mother character he listed as likely was Lucas, and the lunacy of Dr. Kawashima are some glaring problems.

Brawlmutt202 said:
Also, Ike warping in deconfirms squat, though Black Knight is still highly unlikely at this point...
Aye, warping is a staple of the series via the Warp Staff. But the Black Knight has always been too minor and lacking in popularity to have a serious shot compared to the Lords anyway. Its just the villain mania that has given him even the cult following he has.

Zevox

Fearthesmash

Smash Apprentice
I argue with your ultimate WTF!

The ultimate WTF charcter would be malitrix. Who is from SMRPG:LoT7S he was a hidden and optional boss behind a locked door in monster town. Not only was the key exceptionally hard to get, he was also the hardest boss in the game.

he was a small, almost faeire like purple thing, with several orbs floating around him which he used to do varried attacks.

This would be the ultimate WTF character simply because even out of the people who have played SMRPG very few have ever actually seen him(and even fewer have beaten him as you can only challenge him once per save file.)

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I argue with your ultimate WTF!

The ultimate WTF charcter would be malitrix. Who is from SMRPG:LoT7S he was a hidden and optional boss behind a locked door in monster town. Not only was the key exceptionally hard to get, he was also the hardest boss in the game.

he was a small, almost faeire like purple thing, with several orbs floating around him which he used to do varried attacks.

This would be the ultimate WTF character simply because even out of the people who have played SMRPG very few have ever actually seen him(and even fewer have beaten him as you can only challenge him once per save file.)
Wow, that seems like a good WTF character, I haven't a clue who he even is? But I don't know if he can defeat Captain N. I say a battle to the finish for top WTF rights!:chuckle:

Maybe you SHOULD add Darkrai, Homelessvagrant...

He's my most wanted Pokémon character since Deoxys and Munchlax were deconfirmed.
Well I'd add Darkrai but only as a Lucario or Darkrai type thing which I don't do. And frankly Lucario has a better shot then Darkrai who still is taking forever to get to America (he's be a better poke boss anyway).

He'd be an awesome boss. He works great as an evil poke because his back story in pearl and diamond.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Well I'd add Darkrai but only as a Lucario or Darkrai type thing which I don't do. And frankly Lucario has a better shot then Darkrai who still is taking forever to get to America (he's be a better poke boss anyway).

He'd be an awesome boss. He works great as an evil poke because his back story in pearl and diamond.
****! He just looks so KICK-***!!!! :chuckle:

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
Put Megaman where he should be, hes very different than the other 3rd arty characters.
We know he will be in hes 97% confirmed, just as much as Jigglypuff.
PUT MEGA MAN WHERE HE SHOULD BE. Sonic is there.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Put Megaman where he should be, hes very different than the other 3rd arty characters.
We know he will be in hes 97% confirmed, just as much as Jigglypuff.
PUT MEGA MAN WHERE HE SHOULD BE. Sonic is there.
Actually, there's really nothing that "97% confirms" Megaman other than pure speculation.

Jigglypuff, however, has the advantage of two previous games, being first-party, and Sakurai's (apparent) favortism of the first-gen Pmon.

Therefore, Jigglypuff is more confirmed than Megaman.

davidw89

Smash Cadet
I reckon Ness should be more than 67%..simply because it was in the previous 2 series (Super Smash 64 + Melee)..they would want to continue the franchise...and for those old fan :)

Oh and your missing Pichu, Dr Mario, Roy and Sheik..any chance of filling those character's percentage?
Iis WW Link=Young Yink...?

Also put Naruto as a WTF character :)

Oh and props for the character roster..good job!

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I reckon Ness should be more than 67%..simply because it was in the previous 2 series (Super Smash 64 + Melee)..they would want to continue the franchise...and for those old fan :)

Oh and your missing Pichu, Dr Mario, Roy and Sheik..any chance of filling those character's percentage?
Iis WW Link=Young Yink...?

Oh and props for the character roster..good job!
I'll make a statement right now and please note. While I don't mind anime characters or series, Naruto will NEVER be on this list. Even if he was bought by nintendo and an alternate dimension caused him to start his life as a VG character, he will not appear. I won't even let him be a WTF character.

For the rest you'll have to reference one of my older posts for the reply. But WW link=/=young link. He's a replacement but he's not the same character.

thanks for the post.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Sakurai already announced in his journal that no anime/manga originating characters would be in Brawl. Theres not even a remote possibility of that happening, end of story.

Zevox

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Wow, that seems like a good WTF character, I haven't a clue who he even is? But I don't know if he can defeat Captain N. I say a battle to the finish for top WTF rights!:chuckle:

He's from SMRPG and his name is Culex in the america's , Secret boss and is superior WTF material.
Anyhow i'm not getting happy at this wolf replacement :mad: time to help wolf's chances before he get's off the roster.
1.)So when was falco highly requested ? Wolf is more requested than falco to even return to begin with , Falco has no PRA whatsoever.
P-Popularity , Priority , In the newer SF games all falco does is Crud out fox and not be important really (Just fail and say a few catch lines) Wolf might have this more but he's had a more "InventivE" Role to fox in SF.
R-Role , Role is huge i've been over this.
A-Attacks , I'm sorry but here is where you clearly show the idioticness of the post , Wolf would be able to use grenades and rivalry stuff + Add a more fightish fox while falco would be able to..BE A CLONE! And not worth sakurai's fixing especially if wolf is higher on the requested list.
2.)You state that the alternate costume does something to wolf's chances and nothing about the mii avatar's ? HOW SMART IS THAT!
3.)He has a role more than probably most of the people on "The final 10" Come on bowser jr . ? A pure two-timer like vaati who is a joke and not even well suggested for , Ray01 ? Just the king of the unpopular series :mad: in all seriousness he could get in but still , And midna ? WASNT EVEN ON THE FLIPPING POLL's , And no love for wolf , Your basic profile is "While he would be unique up his and let's move on" Err right there is >_< And then falco's "A HIGHLY REQUESTED CHARACTER TO RETURN , THUS SHOO-IN"
Look i'm not saying move wolf above falco but move wolf into the "Higher" Parts of the final 10 and move falco down a bit , Your giving him a lot more credit than he's worth because he has a high tier moveset <_< (Which is disproven by fox being nerfed.) And with wolf being well suggested for and falco having no PRA whatsoever it's all just in your head , The rest of the list i've seen so far is pretty accurate except for this , And you now G&W has a higher chance then falco right ? G&W IS EVEN MORE FLIPPIN REQUESTED TO COME BACK , your just ignoring wolf and it's not making me happy :mad: AT LEAST give him the higher credit that he deserves.
Besides he has popularity importance would be more unique than falco and is well suggested for , Falco was never mentioned by sakurai or as you state a "Favorite" And was just a last minute clone when sakurai could have put wolf if he had the time , I don't see any of this anywhere about falco owning G&W percent's also (It's maybe by two but if your trying to make this accurate ? Yes.) I'm just saying because of this there is no purpose to put wolf at "OLOL 45% NUB" And have falco at 85% , If you want to go by those rules then you might as well take mii's and bowser jr off (Look bowser jr is just a two-timer as you said and sakurai is not going to put in those type's of villians , He's just another vaati.) I seriously can't stand this cruel placement that much.

Conker1

Smash Ace
I'd say Darkrai has just as much of a chance as Lucario does. They all have the same advantages. Plus Darkrai would be more unique considering he's a ghost.

I'd rather not have either, but if I had to choose, it would be Darkrai.

davidw89

Smash Cadet
I'll make a statement right now and please note. While I don't mind anime characters or series, Naruto will NEVER be on this list. Even if he was bought by nintendo and an alternate dimension caused him to start his life as a VG character, he will not appear. I won't even let him be a WTF character.

For the rest you'll have to reference one of my older posts for the reply. But WW link=/=young link. He's a replacement but he's not the same character.

thanks for the post.
Ok then what about the other characters i mentioned? Any plan to update those?
**** no anime characters...SSBB would sell so much better

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yet it would be so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so,so, so, so, so, so, much worse.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
Ok then what about the other characters i mentioned? Any plan to update those?
**** no anime characters...SSBB would sell so much better
#1: It would ruin Ninty's image as well as Sakurai's
#2: Community wise, it would be a mockery
#3: International weaboos makes certain anime bad. Adding that to a perfect work of art would totally shatter logic thinking as well as the balance of which we live in today.

This is what I predict to be the Brawl character roster. Whether or not you agree is not my concern:

1. Animal Crosser
2. Black Knight
3. Bowser
4. Bowser Jr.
5. Captain Falcon
6. Captain Olimar
7. Dark Samus
8. Diddy Kong
9. Donkey Kong
10. Falco
11. Fox
12. Ganondorf
13. Ice Climbers
14. Ike
15. Isaac
16. Jigglypuff
17. K. Rool
18. King Dedede
19. Kirby
20. Krystal
21. Link
22. Lucario
23. Lucas
24. Luigi
25. Micaiah
26. Mario
27. Marth
28. Mega Man
29. Meta Knight
30. Mewtwo
31. Mr. Game & Watch
32. Ness
33. Peach
34. Pikachu
35. Pit
36. Pokémon Trainer
37. Ray 01
38. Ridley
39. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
40. Snake
41. Sonic
42. Sukapon
43. Vaati
44. Wario
45. Yoshi
46. Young Link
47. Zelda/Sheik

By the way, WW Link = Young Link, because that is what Sakurai would have him officially named.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
49) Takamaru = 45%
He is a Japanese only character and he yet another sword wielder, the only real thing going for this character is the suggestion on Sakurai’s poll and his slight popularity
we're allowed to give constructive critisism right? I cant tell, I never read any of the past posts, but anyway:
I very strongly disagree with takamaru's placement on this list. wait, excactly how old is this list? *checks*
its been around since september? anyway, your reasons for takamaru's high unprobabilty are very.......well....bad.

for one, and godammit I'm sick of saying this, takamaru is NOT a sword user. at least, not another european sword user.(I'm usually against all that anti-sword user BS anyway.) he is a samurai. AKA, not a european sword wielder. now, takamaru's placement on this list would have held credit, had goroh never been AT'd. in fact, I think takamaru was the ONLY reason goroh was AT'd. Goroh was considered a shoe-in, coming from a very popular, yet underrepped franchise, and playing the role as CF's rival. In fact, many people thought takamaru stood no chance in hell, since his competition, goroh, was most definetly going to take over the samurai role over him.
But here's the problem. The goroh AT happened. meaning, goroh was deconfirmed. Many people wondered why goroh was deconfirmed, since he seemed like such a shoe-in character. Goroh pretty much had one trait of him that takamaru didn't: he was known worldwide. Yet he was AT'd. However, I believe sakurai chose takamaru (considering he was put in, just bear with me for a while) over goroh for a few good reasons:

Taka comes from his own franchise.
Taka was a major famicom pioneer for his time.
Taka has a much broader moveset than goroh, since he is a samurai-ninja hybrid, thus can utilze ninja tools and magic attacks.
Taka ranked very high on the poll(slight popularity, my big toe) and the poll has been shown to not fail us before. after all, look at this:

King Dedede(5) - CONFIRMED!
Diddy Kong(4) - CONFIRMED!
Geno(4)
Ike(4) - CONFIRMED!
Ridley(4)
Captain Olimar & Pikmin(3)
Krystal(3)
Takamaru(3)
Windwaker Link(3)
Lucas(2) - CONFIRMED!

moving on, your overall discription for taka, no offense honestly, kinda shows you didn't do much thought and research on the subject. Once again, I say, why the hell is wielding a sword a disadvantage? Should everyone with hands and feet not get in smash? whatever happened to "Its not the weapon that makes the man"? No matter what a character is equipped with, its their overall style that makes thier moveset. Like, if I gave bowser fox's outfit and blaster, would that make him exaclty like fox? heck no. If I gave fox king dedede's hammer, would that make him the same as KDDD? no. and that was the problem with goroh. he had, not only the same weapon, but the same overall style. He was a samurai. Samurai's move differently than european swordsmen. Samurais are overall, different than any character seen in smash yet. but samurai are hardly different from eachother. thats why taka is the last samurai. Heck, he wouldn't even need his ninja skills to stand out from the crowd. Just the fact he's a samurai makes him unique enough.

Next, is the placement of stafy, which greatly contradicts the placement for taka. Now, I have NOTHING against stafy, I support him just as well. However, I GREATLY disagree that he has a higher chance than Takamaru. For one, the reasons you gave against takamaru can be applied to stafy as well. His overall body proportion is very similar to Kirby (Now, I dont agree with this being a disadvantage, but I'm simply acting the way you are). And if stafy has so much support in japan, then why wasn't he on the poll at all? Stafy may be popular in japan, but overall popularity doesn't exactly= smash popularity.

and being japan-only doesn't seem to be as much of a factor any more. If it was, then sakurai wouldn't even bother with MOTHER 3 characters, and would stick with MOTHER 2 characters.

now, I'm unsure if anyone else responded, sine I never read the rest of this thread, but I had to get that out. anyway, I'm not being an elitist or anything, but I say taka should be much higher than "highly unprobable." It, at LEAST should be in the 60's.

Top Bottom