• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Pokemon that PISSES YOU OFF

Tallgeese*

Smash Cadet
I'm sure that for everyone who plays Pokemon competitively, there is at least one Pokemon they hate with a passion to go up against.

For me, it's Curselax. It used to be Swampert, but I got around that by giving my Electrics HP Grass. :D However, Curselax is a b*tch to fight. It usually packs enough Def EVs to survive two or three STAB attacks from the likes of Salamence and Metagross and curse up so it can rest, then curse again or kill you with Body Slam or Return. And, of course, special attacks don't do jack to its 160 base HP and 110 base Sp Def.

In an attempt to counter it, I've started using Breloom on my team, to Spore it, then Focus Punch. However, if another Pokemon is asleep, it screws Breloom over because of Sleep Clause. Other stuff like bulky waters and Leech Seed helps somewhat, but it's not much against this fat *** of a pokemon.

So, what's your most hated pokemon?

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I absolutely despise Weaville and Electivire. Those two powerhouses demolish my pokemon, and I rarely get a chance to fight back. Ugh.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
For me, it's any Gengar. Its levitate won't allow earthquake pretty much screwing any hope of KOing it easily and if paired with a Focus sash, it will attempt to destiny bond you to an oblivion. Also, Hypnosis and dream eater always have me switching out my good pokemon only to have it fall back to sleep if we aren't playing sleep clause. If by some chance I've actually KOed a gengar, most of my pokemon will probably be knocked out by sludge bomb or shadow ball due to the new special/physical rules allowing gengar's high special attack to OHKO any non Sp. Def trained pokemon on my team.

Lit

Smash Ace
well mine was shuckle
if u dont have a strong water or stell type poke to take him out he can be a pain to kill due to his defense

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
I'm sure that for everyone who plays Pokemon competitively, there is at least one Pokemon they hate with a passion to go up against.

For me, it's Curselax. It used to be Swampert, but I got around that by giving my Electrics HP Grass. :D However, Curselax is a b*tch to fight. It usually packs enough Def EVs to survive two or three STAB attacks from the likes of Salamence and Metagross and curse up so it can rest, then curse again or kill you with Body Slam or Return. And, of course, special attacks don't do jack to its 160 base HP and 110 base Sp Def.

In an attempt to counter it, I've started using Breloom on my team, to Spore it, then Focus Punch. However, if another Pokemon is asleep, it screws Breloom over because of Sleep Clause. Other stuff like bulky waters and Leech Seed helps somewhat, but it's not much against this fat *** of a pokemon.

So, what's your most hated pokemon?
Encore Raichu/Alakazam/other pokemon pwns curselax HARD. It takes a bit of luck, but if you manage to switch in while they are preforming a curse attack, there's NOTHING the snorlax can do.

tshahi10

Smash Ace
gengar.
hypnosis, kills first pokemon
weavile is sent out, weavile used night slash.....gengar used its focus sash. gengar used hypnosis. weavile dies.
garchomp is sent out.
gengar uses destiny bond. garchomp faints as gengar takes the foe with it

brdy_

Smash Lord
The opponent sends out Gengar.
Brdy switches to his special wall.
His special wall uses a paralyzing move or mean look/toxic.
Brdy watches as Gengar phails.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
To counter the Gengar, use a Pokemon with Pursuit. I would've said:

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Arena Trap

Taunt
Sucker Punch
----------
----------

But Dugtrio can't learn Taunt...

I HATE TEH TOGEKISS PARAFLINCH!!!!!11!1! It doesn't die, either, thanks to 85 HP, 95 Defense, 115 Special Defense, and Roost.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

TombStone

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Curselax recently reserved a spot in hell when I fought it in the battle tower. I had a Milotic, a Metagross, and a Slaking, all of them still in almost perfect condition. I was somewhere around battle 60. Opponent's last pokemon is sent out. Snorlax:

Milotic: Surf (20%ish damage)
Snorlax: Curse

*Swaps Milotic for Slaking

Slaking: Hyper Beam (60%ish damage)

Slaking: loafing around
Snorlax: Chesto Rest
Me: @#$%!!!!

Slaking: Hyper Beam (40%ish damage)
Snorlax: EQ = A lot of damage (finishes me off next turn)

Metagross: Meteor Mash (30% damage)
Snorlax: EQ = OHKO

Milotic: Surf ( :( damage)
Curselax: Owns

My whole perfectly EVed team, which had been sweeping the battle tower previously, fell in seconds!!! The thing that pissed me off more though, was the fact that the opposing trainer was a "Tuber" kid. That was the worst insult ever.

Oh, I also ran into this Lapras with: Rest, Sleep Talk, Sheer Cold, Horn Drill. That was rather annoying. There's also this Seaking thats pretty common in the battle tower: Rest, Sleep Talk, Megahorn, Horn Drill. And don't forget that Walrein with Fissure and Sheer Cold. Anything that randomly spams OHKO attacks needs to die.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Yeah, Curselax recently reserved a spot in hell when I fought it in the battle tower. I had a Milotic, a Metagross, and a Slaking, all of them still in almost perfect condition. I was somewhere around battle 60. Opponent's last pokemon is sent out. Snorlax:

Milotic: Surf (20%ish damage)

*Swaps Milotic for Slaking

Slaking: Hyper Beam (60%ish damage)

Slaking: loafing around
Snorlax: Chesto Rest
Me: @#$%!!!!

Slaking: Hyper Beam (40%ish damage)
Snorlax: EQ = A lot of damage (finishes me off next turn)

Metagross: Meteor Mash (30% damage)
Snorlax: EQ = OHKO

Milotic: Surf ( :( damage)
Curselax: Owns

My whole perfectly EVed team, which had been sweeping the battle tower previously, fell in seconds!!! The thing that pissed me off more though, was the fact that the opposing trainer was a "Tuber" kid. That was the worst insult ever.

Oh, I also ran into this Lapras with: Rest, Sleep Talk, Sheer Cold, Horn Drill. That was rather annoying. There's also this Seaking thats pretty common in the battle tower: Rest, Sleep Talk, Megahorn, Horn Drill. And don't forget that Walrein with Fissure and Sheer Cold. Anything that randomly spams OHKO attacks needs to die.
This is in Emerald right?

brdy_

Smash Lord
Good point about the toxic thing. I still **** Gengars though, I ***** one about 10 minutes ago. I switched Spiritomb in on a predicted Focus Blast and then used Pursuit, he didn't switch so I used Sucker Punch right afterward and got the KO.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
1) ALL legendaries
I dont know why people keep saying that. I mean, Regigigas anyone? Entai and Uxie suck terribly too. Plus, Weavile, Elevtivire, Tyranitar, and Garchomp are much deadlier than pretty much all legendaries coming in 3's.

Edit: I'll concede that. Uxie sucks when compared to Cresselia. My bad.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
I dont know why people keep saying that. I mean, Regigigas anyone? Entai and Uxie suck terribly too. Plus, Weavile, Elevtivire, Tyranitar, and Garchomp are much deadlier than pretty much all legendaries coming in 3's.
Uxie doesn't suck as much as Entei does. Heck, I think Uxie is better then Mespirit. It can be a good wall / annoyer. Entei would be used more if it has Flare Blitz.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Tallgeese*

Smash Cadet
I nearly forgot...Serene Grace Jirachi.
When it Thunders, it NEVER seems to miss, and ALWAYS get me paralyzed. Then it Calm Minds, or Psychics, which ALWAYS seems to lower Sp. Def.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Blisseys are the worst! I hate that pokemon with a passion and will never use it. And the 1 uber I despise is Kyogre. The power to change the weather upon entry and make it last til infinity, while not losing a turn and not wasting a move slot for rain dance is just insanely good, combined with its great stats and its awesome spcl attack. It OHKO's and can learn Calm Mind!
I also fought against a Choice Scarf Kyogre with Water Spout, and it OHKO my team.

tshahi10

Smash Ace
Blisseys are the worst! I hate that pokemon with a passion and will never use it. And the 1 uber I despise is Kyogre. The power to change the weather upon entry and make it last til infinity, while not losing a turn and not wasting a move slot for rain dance is just insanely good, combined with its great stats and its awesome spcl attack. It OHKO's and can learn Calm Mind!
I also fought against a Choice Scarf Kyogre with Water Spout, and it OHKO my team.
lol, thats what i do.
i still dont see a good counter to gengar. as he will hypnosis, sleeping a guy, and if you switch before that, you end up sleeping anyways, meaning that he will always take down atleast one pokemon always. they are usually carryingfocus sash, and anyone rank 4or hiher should know that

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
I hate jynx, even though it's a cute pokemon. >_<
No, the pokemon i hate the most would have to be skarmbliss.
You think Jynx is cute? o_o

SkarmBliss isn't a Pokemon. It's a technique of Skarmory walling Physical attacks and Blissey walling Special attacks. Yeah, I knew you already knew that.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
I can't say I've really and truley 'owned' an Electivire. Yes, I've beaten one, but it has always either put a good hit on me first, hasen't been OHKO, lost some pokemon in it's path, and it almost always owns my Empoleon :(... Electivire is the pokemon that pisses me off the most imo

titus

Smash Journeyman
@Wii4Mii 99
i do know what skarmbliss is, i was just too lazy to put both pokemon down, cuz i hate them equally.
and i dont really think jynx is cute, i think that it is the ugliest piece of poop i have ever seen.
:D

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Porygon Z is my most hated pokemon ever, it can 3KO Blissey and OHKO almost any other poke if it has adaptivity.

Until Next Time CYA!!!!
Celebi....
Actually, it has a chance of OHKOing a 714 HP / 306 SpDef Blissey after a Nasty Plotted, Adaptability, Life Orb Hyper Beam.

Remember, this is attacking Blissey's massive Special Defense instead of being cheap and using Close Combat.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
porygon-z would become more deadly with nasty plot or agility. I've also heard that the skarm-bliss combo was less powerful in this gen with the elemental punches now being physical.

Now I have some unfinished business to take care of.*cracks non-existant neck*
in SSBB:"Hello Mr. Wario". *Rest* *WOP* *Footstool jump/meteor smash* *SHFFLL Uair x10* Jigglypuff is top tier!!!

Top Bottom