• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The PokeHub: Universal PokeProject Thread-Feraligatr, Gardevoir and Hoppip Videos!

DVDV28

Smash Apprentice
@TGYMK

I saw that, but the post said that Salamance was going over Ivysaur, I wanted to know if one for Charizard was being released

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
I finished Tyranitar's F-Air and it has a darkness effect and he's huge now you'll see what I'm talking about and so is his hurtbox lol but he has launch resistance for testing purposes :laugh: he kicks @$$ right now I'll post some new screenshots of some attacks in this post

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
where do you edit the hurtbox in PSA??
Edit: I HAVE to know this because when I scaled Tyranitar up his hurtbox got HUGE!!

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Tyranitar hurtboxes/update

Um ok how about resize/delete them?? I'll just take the scale down for now anyway screenshots of his huge size:

Tyranitar's true size!

Tyranitar's Dark Type also extends to some of his moves!

With greater size comes greater power!

Edit: Well I can just put him over yoshi or R.O.B. since they have a transN of 1 too Vishkugeta would you like to make my video?

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Black Tyranitar

Without further adue I give you the darker, more powerful version of my Tyranitar...*drumroll*...Black Tyranitar!!!

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
F-Air Mountain Crusher I did the animation and he has such short stubby arms so I gave him a bit better range with a bigger hitbox on the left hand but I made an explosion so that you couldn't see the hand not making contact with the opponent plus it looks sweet in game too :laugh:

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
F-Air Mountain Crusher I did the animation and he has such short stubby arms so I gave him a bit better range with a bigger hitbox on the left hand but I made an explosion so that you couldn't see the hand not making contact with the opponent plus it looks sweet in game too :laugh:
try to keep the pokemon feel in your character

A moves can be moves that hit with head/hands/legs/body/tail

but making it more into GFX and stuff and inventing attacks will not keep pokemon feel into your character

try see what attacks does Tyranitar learns in the games and stuff and watch the anime and see how he really fights to get the animations from em

just to throw some ideas, I will download the pokemons that do really look/feel like a pokemon when fighting

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
where do you edit the hurtbox in PSA??
Edit: I HAVE to know this because when I scaled Tyranitar up his hurtbox got HUGE!!
from wat i've experienced, i wouldn't worry about the hurtboxes, but more on the animating. i had the same prob with rotom. i would animate some, they'd grow, animate more, they shrink, etc.

speaking of rotom, i need to get back to working on him. time to take a break from soul silver...

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
anyone wanna help with Electivire? or i might switch to garchomp just becuase i like him better :D

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
from wat i've experienced, i wouldn't worry about the hurtboxes, but more on the animating. i had the same prob with rotom. i would animate some, they'd grow, animate more, they shrink, etc.
So everyone's having this problem?
I've found that you just need to end the match and reload the pac (exit CSS, just like for reloading a texture or moveset)

EDIT: Never mind, it seems that some animations do it no matter what I try. ;-;

Also, I've seen some mentions of "pokemon syndrome", where a pokemon's moveset is just random TMs. Would that apply to TMs that are almost universal for a pokemon? (i.e. Gardevoir with Thunderbolt, Energy Ball, and Shadow Ball)

GSHCzach

Smash Cadet
Um ok how about resize/delete them?? I'll just take the scale down for now anyway screenshots of his huge size:

Tyranitar's true size!

Tyranitar's Dark Type also extends to some of his moves!

With greater size comes greater power!

Edit: Well I can just put him over yoshi or R.O.B. since they have a transN of 1 too Vishkugeta would you like to make my video?
Awesome job, and if you had to choice between the 2, I would suggest R.O.B since the only available PSA's for him are elemental -_-

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
@ Drunken Feast I'm keeping the pokemon feel to the character I got the idea from TCG cards ok? do some googling and find it these are moves!! just not from the handheld games :) and more specifically they are Tyranitar specific?

JOE!

Smash Hero
Also, I've seen some mentions of "pokemon syndrome", where a pokemon's moveset is just random TMs. Would that apply to TMs that are almost universal for a pokemon? (i.e. Gardevoir with Thunderbolt, Energy Ball, and Shadow Ball)
Yes, those would count.

When making a Brawl moveset for a pokemon, think about it from the perspective of "representing who that character is"

To put a different spin on it: Link could use the Megaton hammer in his games instead of the Master Sword + Shield. Now, wouldnt you be wierded out if he used that in smash instead of the Master Sword? Or what if Mario randomly had the Hit-Block from mario party as his up smash? Sure he did it in a game of his, but it doesnt truly fit him as a character. How about if Ike used a crossbow he could equip instead of Ragnel? If Ganondorf used Captain Fal....owait...

The point is, for the most part a smash set is meant to be a representation of how that character played or is portrayed in their games, with exceptions to Falcon and the Space animals for what should be obvious reasons (although one could argue the spacies were modeled after how their arwings worked).

So for Gardevoir, as our example, why would she be represented as a user of thunderbolt/energy ball/shadow ball? From what I see she is a more defensive Psychic type, healing and making barriers instead of simply attacking (even if it has high SpATTK)

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Gardevoir

look up it'd dex entries and background for ideas:

Gardevoir can sense the feelings of people and other Pokémon. It can also see the future clearly. Gardevoir also has the psychokinetic power to distort the dimensions and create a small black hole, in order to protect its Trainer. Apparently, Gardevoir does not feel the pull of gravity because it supports itself with psychic power.
You could use this, have her create black hole "traps", which can suck foes in and alter their movement around the field. Or even predict attacks in the future (aka a Delayed counter that can activate whenever).

As for other ideas, be sure to mainly try to stay in the movepool they can learn naturally. If you do go to TMs, try to stay with the typing, or at least a few normal moves (for example, it wouldnt be out of character for a Snorlax to use Earthquake, as his big body could slam the ground for a shockwave, etc).

In short, just try to do stuff that would accuratley portray the character, and not just slap on stuff they "could" use.

highfive

Smash Lord

Finally got to making a seal of approval.

This thread is good and you should feel good about it. Cheers and what not.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
I think I want to contribute to Scyther a bit... if you wouldn't mind too much?

Here is my two cents.

A Combo: High-Speed Sickle (Aka Kousokukama) : Scyther uses two blindly fast slash strikes before finishing with three hit combo, the final hit having the most knockback.

Note: Name came from Team Rocket's Scyther from the japanese version of the card game...

Side A: Slash: Scyther attacks with a horizontal strong horizontal slash.

Up A: Venus Flytrap: Scyther windmills both arms at once to cause both blades to criss-cross paths before ending in a ready position.

Down A: Bug Buzz: Scyther beats his wings at high speed for a second, creating a hit box close to him for the duration.

F-Smash: X-Scissor: Scyther slashes with both arms in front of him.

D-Smash: Razor Wind: Scyther spines around at high speed, creating a gale around him.

U-Smash: ???: I am stumped on this.

B: Focus Energy: Scyther charges up energy, quivering more and more as it stores up. This can be interrupted, or rolled and shielded out of for later use. Releasing it causes Scyther to fly across the stage to deliver a "Critical Hit" to the first thing he hits.

(Basically a chargeable version of Marth's Final Smash, only its not a guaranteed KO)

Side B: Air Slash, Silver Wind, Night Slash, etc. : Your pick.

Up_B: Aerial Ace: I am with this one all the way.

Dash Attack: Pursuit: Scyther leaps forward to tackle his adversary.

There you go, you may adopt it if you choose to.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
I think I want to contribute to Scyther a bit... if you wouldn't mind too much?

Here is my two cents.

A Combo: High-Speed Sickle (Aka Kousokukama) : Scyther uses two blindly fast slash strikes before finishing with three hit combo, the final hit having the most knockback.

Note: Name came from Team Rocket's Scyther from the japanese version of the card game...

Side A: Slash: Scyther attacks with a horizontal strong horizontal slash.

Up A: Venus Flytrap: Scyther windmills both arms at once to cause both blades to criss-cross paths before ending in a ready position.

Down A: Bug Buzz: Scyther beats his wings at high speed for a second, creating a hit box close to him for the duration.

F-Smash: X-Scissor: Scyther slashes with both arms in front of him.

D-Smash: Razor Wind: Scyther spines around at high speed, creating a gale around him.

U-Smash: ???: I am stumped on this.

B: Focus Energy: Scyther charges up energy, quivering more and more as it stores up. This can be interrupted, or rolled and shielded out of for later use. Releasing it causes Scyther to fly across the stage to deliver a "Critical Hit" to the first thing he hits.

(Basically a chargeable version of Marth's Final Smash, only its not a guaranteed KO)

Side B: Air Slash, Silver Wind, Night Slash, etc. : Your pick.

Up_B: Aerial Ace: I am with this one all the way.

Dash Attack: Pursuit: Scyther leaps forward to tackle his adversary.

There you go, you may adopt it if you choose to.
*sigh* it dissapoints me to say this but i talked to tsuyoshio about scyther.. he said untill he gets the animation thing goin hes quittin scyther :(

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
not to be a happy killer or anything like that and I speak to everyone :<

you dont have to make all attack to pokemon attack. I mean the B attack, it is the "signature attacks" and that make all character special (like lucarios aura sphere, force palm, extreme speed and double team) and all the A and air attacks are like head, tail, sword, hand slap attacks and that is the golden corner on a square.
I mean, pikachu does not have thunderwave on his dash attack or jigglypuff have wake up slap on ftilt :/

just wanna to point that out :3
It is your project, not mine. do what you want x3
good luck all C:

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
i made a substitute for rotom's swift. i just replaced thunder jolt with starman lol. the one prob is, when it hits the ground, it sticks to the ground for a sec, but doesn't move or do damage. any idea on how to make it move sideways, and attack? i'm starting to think of it just making a quick star explosion when it hits the ground.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
not to be a happy killer or anything like that and I speak to everyone :<

you dont have to make all attack to pokemon attack. I mean the B attack, it is the "signature attacks" and that make all character special (like lucarios aura sphere, force palm, extreme speed and double team) and all the A and air attacks are like head, tail, sword, hand slap attacks and that is the golden corner on a square.
I mean, pikachu does not have thunderwave on his dash attack or jigglypuff have wake up slap on ftilt :/

just wanna to point that out :3
It is your project, not mine. do what you want x3
good luck all C:
*below quote*

try to keep the pokemon feel in your character

A moves can be moves that hit with head/hands/legs/body/tail

but making it more into GFX and stuff and inventing attacks will not keep pokemon feel into your character

try see what attacks does Tyranitar learns in the games and stuff and watch the anime and see how he really fights to get the animations from em

just to throw some ideas, I will download the pokemons that do really look/feel like a pokemon when fighting
and as "pikazz said, yes it's true to keep the pokemon feel you don't need 30 pokemon attacks on your character, just use the B moves for the pokemons attacks and A attacks to the bassic attacks

the project that I see to be making all this is TGYMK's Feraligart

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
If anyone wants help, I would be glad to. I am still somewhat new to hacking but I have to start somewhere.

JOE!

Smash Hero
As Ive said, and NAMQ has said, when creating movesets, keep the special moves to specials and Smashes, with the occasional other move as a pokemon move

Look at my feraligatr set: Only his Special and Smash attacks are actual pokemon moves, the rest are just stuff a Feraligatr could do to fight, he doesnt randomly have like Ice Fang as an aerial or something...

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Tyranitar is now fully functioning with a normal hurtbox at a big size over yoshi!!
sorry to any yoshi players but I needed to do it to keep my project alive so where ever Tyushio scyther dude is I give him my one piece of advice "put scyther over rob or olimar!" it will work because Scyther has an origin with a bone index of 1 and both characters already have a TransN bone index of 1! it will totally work
Today I'm working on getting Hyper Beam going...

@TGYMK it'd be great if you could update the OP with Tyranitar content because I've uploaded a ton of screenshots and I've updated the moveset!

Will post updated screenshots soon :)

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
I started to work on chikorita. I am going to be using the moveset that JOE! came up with. Could you please add him to the front page?

Top Bottom