• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The PokeHub: Universal PokeProject Thread-Feraligatr, Gardevoir and Hoppip Videos!

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Well new animations really are a pain but I'm resuming work on them so can somebody tell me why my run animation and walk animations loop in place in Brawl for tyranitar? like he doesn't actually move how can I fix this? and Garchomp is pretty easy it came with alot more animations than Tyranitar

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Find the boneindex of the original character's TransN, and treat the new character's bone of that boneindex as transN.

For example, Squirtle's TransN is indexed as 2, and Feraligatr, who replaces him, has Waist indexed as 2. So to move him forward or backwards, I would use Waist's Z translation.

Some characters aren't that lucky, like Scyther, who has Spine as the TransN index; you can move the entire top half of his body using Spine, but his lower body has no bone, only his legs and feet do, so a part of his body would always lag behind. Though fort's bone mod program can reindex bones, I have no idea how to use it. =/

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
SO scyther is totally at a stand still untill i figure how to make animations

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
So I take the movement of the origin during walk and run and make it the waist instead? Please tell me step by step because I tend to screw these tedious bits up. Also how do you open Brawl screenshots when you save them to your SD card?
Edit: So I found the TransN bone on the left hand window but I can't see the actual bone
Ooooh you mena like my transn for Bowser is fourth on the bone list so I would use the fourth bone on Tyranitar to move him?

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
@ThatGuyYouMightKnow

guy, what do you think of the info I gave for Golem ?

not like the project it self has a starting date, since it's not even started

but I'm willing to make him as balance as possible, Golem will be updated after I get more suggestions or I even think of nerfing some of he's ******** stats.

I think that for now he's really balanced even thou (lol) he's not even started

he won't be a damage dealer himself, he will have some Aerials that will never kill, will have Set Knockback, like a GTFO move

He will be a very hard to combo chracter in a game like Vbrawl, since Stale moves will lower the damage and make him be harder to combo

In a game like B+ some of he's stats will change and one of those will be the SA and/or HA

I promise that, once I get enough knowledge of BBoox or kryal releases the new BBox version with something like This

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
NAMQ: Looks good, if you need help, I can help get you started.

Omni: No, you need to look at the BoneIndex, not the numbered order of the bones (it can change). Whichever bone has the same index as the original character's transN is the one you need to move using Z translation.

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Um GTYMK where is the boneindex??
Edit: I mean where in the interface? because I don't see it lol sorry

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Ok thank you very much and so I just take the Z translation from the origin and paste it in frame by frame for run and walk into the bone that has the same index # as the transN bone in bowser?
Edit: So bowser's TransN bone index is 4 and my tyranitar's left leg is indexed as the 4th so do I just do the translations for that bone?

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
NAMQ: Looks good, if you need help, I can help get you started.
/Hype

do you really mean it *one tear drop*?

I would definetly get working on him if I can get people interested in Golem, and even if I get CO-Help with him

ok first of all, I would like him to have Rock GFX (like Charizards) but I don't want to replace charizard, how can I use Rock, Sand, Smoke GFX for some of he's attacks Replacing someone like Donkey Kong?

I would like rock GFX Essensially for Stealth Rock's and Rock Throw and for one of he's Jab's or Tilts

Let me know Guy (I updated again the info, added Damage Dealing #/10, and info about he's Ground A moves)

and what character should be replaced for Golem?

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Omni: Unfortunately I think you're temporarily stuck with no movement, since if you try to move the Z translation of the leg, you can't move the hip part of his body alone to stay connected, and if you move the whole body the leg will be moved farther than the body itself.

Someone needs to try fort's bone modder, or ask fort how to use it so we can fix the index of these bones.

NAMQ: DK maybe? He could have his down B's GFX :p I'm not sure about porting Charizard's rock to other characters; I don't know exactly how it works, but I know it's possible.

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
@Drunken feast use fortwaffles model resizing program dude
@ GTYMK I PM'd fortwaffles about the program and do you know where i can download it at? I'm going to give it a shot to save Project Tyranitar :laugh:
Edit: to Port other character's "weapons" such as Charizards rock watch wacka alpaca's tutorial on moveset swapping i think I can't remember but i think that's where I learned to do it

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
@Drunken feast use fortwaffles model resizing program dude
@ GTYMK I PM'd fortwaffles about the program and do you know where i can download it at? I'm going to give it a shot to save Project Tyranitar :laugh:
Edit: to Port other character's "weapons" such as Charizards rock watch wacka alpaca's tutorial on moveset swapping i think I can't remember but i think that's where I learned to do it

np ^^ I got the tool but I was asking how to resize him to be bowser's Height, like I need to scale the model x1.25, x1.50 or x1.75?

Edit:

:O so I can change a Dk Article to have charizards rocks? this is going to be so useful ^^

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
I don't see it ??? can you find it please I need it asap so i can keep working on Tyranitar
Edit: Nvm I found it OMG i think this might work!! Wait a sec how the heck do you work this thing?? GTUMK can you help me? did I download the wrong one?

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
Hey GTYMK do you know where i can download fortwaffle's bone indexer program?
Bone Indexer O.o ???

Edit:

Bone Indexer is not there :s

maybe you were talking about the bone adder, idk I might be wrong

Should be in the first post of the MDL0 thread I think. I'll probably grab it and put it in the OP for future reference.
I will look into it since I haven't heard of something like it atm.

I wonder how useful will something like that will be ^^

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
@Drunken Feast it's not the bone adder and it is not in the mdl0 thread i googled went to the thread and downloaded it I believe the thread is called "Let's tinker with bone structure" if you want to download it I have no idea how to use it here's the download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?mzoyygjjdiz

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
@Drunken Feast it's not the bone adder and it is not in the mdl0 thread i googled went to the thread and downloaded it I believe the thread is called "Let's tinker with bone structure" if you want to download it I have no idea how to use it here's the download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?mzoyygjjdiz
will download it, but for future uses

since lol, I have no clue how to use it either

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
I am confused as to how you have already gotten a lot of work done on t-tar if you are getting stuck on every step o.o what have you done for him?

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
How do you know that the bone adder didn't work? Is it because it fails in the bone adder program, Brawlbox, or in Brawl itself? Cuz I added 50 bones and it worked fine in Brawlbox...
Btw, the 50 bones worked. =)

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Well....Gatr's roll is done, it looks HILARIOUS. It's a bit too fast to actually analyze the part where he falls to the side, but that's how it would have to be anyway.

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
I am confused as to how you have already gotten a lot of work done on t-tar if you are getting stuck on every step o.o what have you done for him?
Idk why you seem to hate me, you call me out on everything I can send you the stuff dude I'm not lying if that's what you think, I have all the jump/fall animations done, I have walk/dash they still need a little editing, I have alot of attack animations I made but I haven't went into PSA and actually made the hack for the moveset, I have all the idle animations done, basically I have to get him to walk/dash correctly and then I'll move onto the true attacks and some specials :)

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
I was just wondering, you seemed like you were trying to hype t-tar a lot. just wanted to make sure you actualy had some stuff done.

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
lol ok well i do this project is alot of fun and eldiran is teaching me how to use the bone indexing program but I tried it and as far as i can see it didn't really work...but I'm going to keep trying
Edit: I found a possibility: I could put Tyranitar over donkey kong instead sincehis transN bone index is 2 same as Tyranitar's waist or Giga bowser

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
Golem with the help of TGYMK was able to be loaded into brawl ^^

he's texture looks kinda bad, and in FD turns crystalized and purple at certain backgrounds

going to to give him he PPWii animations for now

Edit:

texture is something that can be worked in the future, for now, animating him is a most

TGYMK made golem one of golems best Special Moves and Will be Psa'd sometime soon

Rollout animation done by TGYMK.

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone have the pokepark wii iso , the hexer, and the page star's tutorial is on

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
i did it! yess! it finally worked except I'm just putting the origin as index 4 so I don't have to do extra work :)

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Um what part? you take the original mdl0 model file then you rename it as model in the same folder as bone mod.exe then run it and open the model in brawlbox look at the very first bone with the boneindex of 0 then look at the mdl0offset and it will be a negative number put that number WITHOUT the negative sign into the bone modifier then input the number of bones and the rest is self explanatory :)
Tyranitar videos coming soon!!!

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
Idk why you seem to hate me, you call me out on everything I can send you the stuff dude I'm not lying if that's what you think, I have all the jump/fall animations done, I have walk/dash they still need a little editing, I have alot of attack animations I made but I haven't went into PSA and actually made the hack for the moveset, I have all the idle animations done, basically I have to get him to walk/dash correctly and then I'll move onto the true attacks and some specials :)
U kno how to move the bones to make animations? If so plz plz plz plz plz either explain it to me or if you could make a tutorial about it that would help alot

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I don't understand the part after you tell it the number of bones and offset. It just looks like numbers that, when I use the arrows, move stuff, but I have no idea what they move.

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Um idk I only know how to reindex them so that your scyther can move and if your talking about making animations yes I've been making mine from scratch right now there's really no tutorial for it you just kinda figure it out I figured it out in like 2 days

Edit: GTYMK I asked eldiran about that and he explained it to me the first number is the # of the bone your working on and the number under that is the index number that's all you need to know :)

JOE!

Smash Hero
TTar is getting a vid allready? :o

....how about the other famous johto pokemon on the list? ;)

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Ya that's right JOE! everybody doubted me and how good I'd be at this and I have all the movement down!! cept for crawling I'm still working on that :) hey does anybody know how to open your screenshots that you save from brawl on your SD card? I want to upload some :chuckle:

Top Bottom