• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Phantom Mafia - So This Is How Liberty Dies

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Z25 did theorize about Nabe possibly possessing some way to get around it.
I asked Z25 if the wording of his lightsaber disable suggested that you could break it, as scum, because you're the lightsaber guy and would be the only role that should conceivably get around the disable. Z25 said a hard no to that. I floated the same idea to Fire, regardless, which I only dropped when I recalled that you had been redirected to me the same Night that Alpha was dueled. Z25 came back to me later in the Night and suggested, "but maybe Shish can skip the redirect!" because he was so worried about your bomb claim killing him. So that's the point when he decided that my idea was worth considering, but he applied it to me because I had suggested it for you.

#HBC | Nabe

I'd guess that Nabe is Palpatine/Darth Sidious, and has access to Force lightning, which would be usable even without a lightsaber. Nabe knew he was being disarmed that night, so if he did have some such ability, then would have been the time to use it.
Duels are explicitly with lightsabers in the rules. It wouldn't make sense to wager for or against magical lightning, but we know that Alpha dueled that Night, and won the wager, because he didn't die.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
If Mafia won't budge with their own kills, then we have no reason to do so either. We have better odds at winning if we start a Day with 2v1 rather than risking a mislynch and letting the Mafia win during the Night.
The thing is, right now the mafia has no reason at all to kill anyone. Out of the four of us, killing any one will effectively end the game due to the information it would provide. The mafia surely knows this, that's why nobody died last night, and if we go for no lynch nobody will die tonight either.

D

Deleted member

The thing is, right now the mafia has no reason at all to kill anyone. Out of the four of us, killing any one will effectively end the game due to the information it would provide. The mafia surely knows this, that's why nobody died last night, and if we go for no lynch nobody will die tonight either.
Either this happens
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=...and_they_all_lived_happily_ever_after

Or Vaan gets tired of us and forces No Lynches/Scum Kills to happen every Night.

Either way, I say it's worth a try.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Either this happens
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=...and_they_all_lived_happily_ever_after

Or Vaan gets tired of us and forces No Lynches/Scum Kills to happen every Night.

Either way, I say it's worth a try.
Huh, I didn't know you wanted another Night of me flooding your inbox with ****posts that badly. but if we lose the game because of this it'll be something other than ****posts flooding your inbox :p

I guess we might as well see what happens, then.

Vote: no lynch

#HBC | Nabe

A No Lynch is meaningless: no one except a scum Fire would shoot, for fear of redirecting to me. Fire is town. And it's dangerous: we don't know what's left in the ability toolkit for scum, or if there are time-related rules governing their usage of abilities.

#HBC | Nabe

#HBC | Nabe

It would explain an awful lot of things, like how he's spent most of the game trying to convince us all there's no godfather in this game and that my clear on him must be real - because he is one himself.
I only discussed godfathers in response to Z25, to explain to him that lynching me over Koops was unnatural, particularly when the clear you were claiming on me was predicated on Z25's own alignment. Z25 went out of his way to call me a godfather and to justify my lynch over Koops, so of course I'm going to respond to that. I have never "tried to convince" anyone that there is no godfather.

Plus the stuff Shish pointed out, like bussing Thirdkoopa once he knew he was getting lynched. It all seems pretty obvious in hindsight
Here's your Koops vote, prompted by Fire.

What's everyone's thoughts of third voting himself? its a bit of WIFOM situation where he could be using it as a way to convince town to vote someone else last minute, in the case he's scum. Though there is a chance that its also scum folding thinking victory isn't in sight.
Also on the if he's town who are the most worth looking at? Nabe, Alpha, and shishoe seem to be the only candidates after that since I'm town and me and Z25 both confirmed that Moydow didn't kill golden last night.
People voting for themselves never ends well if they get a chance to undo it, I know this from my own experiences. :p

More seriously I don't really have any thoughts on it, since I don't know if this is something they've done before. So either they're taking one for the team, the last mafioso going quietly, or trying to play mindgames and hoping it'll convince us to look elsewhere.

But just to make sure no shenanigans can happen:

Vote: Thirdkoopa

If he comes up as town I'd say Nabe would be next in the queue, unless my check produces a different result (probably not a good idea to say in the thread who I'll be using it on?). Beyond that, we'd then be looking at calling into question things like Alpha's claim to have been defended by Maven, which resulted in Maven's death (and which nobody else claimed involvement in).
Fire suggested that maybe Koops was trying to play dead and hope that votes would change last minute. You said, "I don't have an opinion, it could be anything. But just to make sure," and voted for Koops. That ties a bow around Fire's idea of Koops' motive of getting a last-minute flavour swap. In hindsight, that's a bus.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
About the no lynch suggestion: For the town, our best chance of survival is to go into the night still at 3v1. If there's any uncertainty about lynching anyone in particular, then we're better off getting more time to gather more information and make a more informed judgement. Even if the mafia might have some ability that enables them to kill more than once in the night, that's still only a "maybe", but mislynching and going into the night at 2v1 is a definite loss for us. I'd rather go for what seems like the safer option right now.

I also feel like the only person who wouldn't want to agree to a no lynch right now is the remaining Sith. Getting that mislynch is their surest way to victory, so they'd want to keep pushing for that. FE's redirect is definitely real, so even if they were capable of killing twice in one night, I don't think they'd want to risk getting both shots redirected to a single target.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
For the town, our best chance of survival is to go into the night still at 3v1.
Well, our best best chance is obviously to successfully lynch the remaining scum, but you get what I'm saying. :b

Right now it's two votes on me, and two votes for no lynch. What happens if it finishes like that? Since it's not two players involved in the draw.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
"Reached a decision, the council has."

It is the council's decision that Moydow Moydow has committed sedition against the Republic, and thus, shall be expelled from the Jedi Order.

"You shall forfeit all rank and privileges within the Grand Army of the Republic. You will be turned over to the Republic Court to await your trial, and whatever punishment they will set for you. Henceforth, you are barred from the Jedi Order."

KIT FISTO

While loyal to the Jedi Order, Kit Fisto plays by his own rules, a rebel without a cause. He's a show-off, forgoing careful,
studied Lightsaber form for flashy twirls and spins, which puts him at a disadvantage in combat. You have a permanent -2
Force Point disadvantage on duel wagers.

Your Allegiance is to the JEDI
Alignment Checks come up as LIGHT
Your Lightsaber is GREEN

"I sense much darkness in you."
NIGHT ACTION - GREY
All Force abilities fall on the spectrum of Light, Grey or Dark. Each night, you may target one player to
sense where on that spectrum the action they use that night lies.

"Always two there are."
NIGHT ACTION - GREY
Each night, you can compare one player's alignment to the last player you used this ability on, to see if
they share the same alignment or not. For the first night, since you have no one to compare to yet, you
will receive no result. But the next time you use this skill, that player will be compared to the first
player. The third time, the player will be compared to the second player, and so on.

POWERED UP: For 6 Force Points, you can compare two players directly one night, forgoing the one day delay.

OR

POWERED UP V2: For 3 Force Points, you can use the unpowered version of this action on the same night as
your other action.

You have 9 FORCE POINTS at your disposal.

WIN CONDITION: All threats to the Jedi Order have been eliminated.

"Expelled, another member of our order is," says Master Yoda. "Truly a tragedy, this is."

"A tragedy," Master Windu repeats. "Tell me, Master Yoda, have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?"

With but Master Yoda and two Jedi Masters remaining in the Order, Master Windu makes his move. They are no match for his unlimited power, and are quickly struck down.

EVEN PIELL

A respected elder Jedi Master, Even Piell serves as a lightsaber combat instructor for young padawans, and teaches them how to build their first lightsaber.

Your Lightsaber is GREEN

"Not if anything to say about it, I have."
DAY ACTION - LIGHT
Once per game, you can prevent your own lynch. This skill must be activated before the end of the phase,
and once activated, it is used up, even if you're not the final lynch.

"Lightsaber Construction"
NIGHT ACTION - LIGHT
Once per night, you can construct a new, BLUE lightsaber and give it to another player. This grants them
a permanent +2 to duel wagers. A player can only hold two lightsabers at a time.

POWERED UP: For 2 Force Points, you can construct a second WHITE lightsaber that grants +1 to duel
wagers to give to another player.

You have 5 Force Points at your disposal.

SHAAK TI

Shaak Ti is adept at the more spiritual, mental side of the Force, but lacks experience with a lightsaber. As a result, Force
Points are less effective during combat and all your duel wagers are halved (rounded down).

Your Lightsaber is BLUE

"The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded."
NIGHT ACTION - GREY
Once per night, you can use your skills with the Jedi Mind Trick to redirect a player's action on to
another player.

"Do, or do not. There is no try."
NIGHT ACTION - LIGHT
Once per night, for 5 Force Points, you can power up the skill of another player to ensure it
successfully goes off as intended. Nothing will be able to prevent it from working as intended by
the user, unless the action is impossilbe (i.e, if a player is immune or made immune to the specific
ability used).

You have 25 FORCE POINTS at your disposal.

WIN CONDITION: All threats to the Jedi Order have been eliminated.

And with that, the Jedi are all but extinct, and once more the Sith shall rule the Galaxy, led by their dark Emperor, Mace Windu.

MACE WINDU

Second in command of the Jedi Council and the most skilled lightsaber duelist in the Order.

But he has a dark secret identity as The Phantom Menace, DARTH SIDIOUS, the mastermind behind the Sith
attack on the Jedi Order.

Your Allegiance is to the SITH
Your Lightsaber is PURPLE

"You are on this council, but we do not grant you the rank of Master."
DAY ACTION - DARK
Once per day, you can remove a player's right to vote for that day. They will not be
informed, and any votes they cast will not count. Cannot be used on the same player on
consecutive days.

This power can be activated in secret via posting in this PM, but if you activate it instead
by posting in the day thread "Take a seat, [Username]", you will gain 2 Force Points for use
by any of the Mafia players.

"I Love Democracy."
FREE ACTION - DARK
You can manipulate your own votes. You can publicly vote without it counting, or with it
counting double. By default, any vote you place will be counted twice. If you wish for your
vote to count as zero, you must specify in this PM before the voting period is up.

"I'm Afraid This Station Will Be Quite Operational When Your Friends Arrive."
NIGHT ACTION - GREY
Once per night, for 5 Force Points, you can ensure one other player's night action goes
through unhindered by blocks or redirects. Actions that are physically impossible for
other reasons may still fail.

Meditation
NIGHT ACTION - GREY
Each night, you may choose to meditate and recharge your team's Force Points. Each living
mafia player will receive 2 additional Force Points at the end of the phase. This action
is unblockable.

You have 8 FORCE POINTS at your disposal.

WIN CONDITION: More Sith Exist in the Galaxy than Jedi

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Good Game Nabe. Sorry, I played very sloppy this game. I kind of played into Nabe's hands sadly. I didn't really want to believe that Kon outed the scum faction... I feel kind of disappointed about how bad I played honestly.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
By the end I had about 38 force points, so I could've won a duel, if he didn't have meditate, :/ I had a hunch I should've wagon'ed Nabe but kept second guessing myself. Also how did Nabe get away with being disabled???

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I felt like the only one still giving people Force Points lol.

Maven89

Smash Master
I defended Alpha because I was only given character names, I had to chose between Obi-Wan and Anakin, so I chose Obi-Wan because that's a cooler character.

I bet 4 force points, but Alpha bet none so I died

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I definitely feel like the Jedi during the clone wars clouded by the sith right in front of them.
I even noticed certain connections, like Pokechu's character being a zabrak like Maul
Third's Character being Old (albeit female) like Dooku
Nabe being one of the strongest of the Jedi, Palpitine is the strongest of the sith.

Though props to Nabe for playing well enough to manipulate me during the last few phases. (Albeit it probably wasn't that hard)

D

Deleted member

Man, my heart was pumping at the end, there.

@Shishœ
Did you use that lynch ability this phase? I knew you had to have something besides the lightsabers, so I had been thinking I was going to lynch you this phase to make sure you didn't have a super-dueling-thing.
Nope, it only worked for me after all(should just have been a lynchproof passive tbh)

Also, I'm with FE, my suspicions on Nabe just didn't solidify because I didn't want to believe Kon outted the entire Mafia.

Also, I'm kinda annoyed Lightsaber colors were a big red herring at the end :/

#HBC | Nabe

By the end I had about 38 force points, so I could've won a duel, if he didn't have meditate, :/ I had a hunch I should've wagon'ed Nabe but kept second guessing myself.
I had almost no points left, actually.

Nope, it only worked for me after all(should just have been a lynchproof passive tbh)

Also, I'm with FE, my suspicions on Nabe just didn't solidify because I didn't want to believe Kon outted the entire Mafia.

Also, I'm kinda annoyed Lightsaber colors were a big red herring at the end :/
I mean that I was strongly considering lynching you instead, since I had the power to do so. Just thinking about if you had used it and I had decided to hit into that... what a nightmare.

Maven89

Smash Master
I don't think anyone mentioned this yet

All the townies that died (not lynched) were added to a PM called the "Living Force", where we could chose to give force points to people at night. Unfortunately Kon's reveal made several of us feel like we couldn't play anymore, me and Golden dropped out after that. Shiny was still there, but later Vaan said it was just Opossum, so I don't know what happened.

Top Bottom