• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Phantom Mafia - So This Is How Liberty Dies

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I don't think anyone mentioned this yet

All the townies that died (not lynched) were added to a PM called the "Living Force", where we could chose to give force points to people at night. Unfortunately Kon's reveal made several of us feel like we couldn't play anymore, me and Golden dropped out after that. Shiny was still there, but later Vaan said it was just Opossum, so I don't know what happened.
Joja has been inactive due to real life stuff and Shiny has left the site for a break. But Opo still submitted force points each night.

Good thing, too, cause I might have "randomly" given them to Nabe if he hadn't

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Man, I'm bummed all around that the game is over (and thanks for make, Vaan), but in particular because I was going to make a Kingdom Hearts joke in my fakeclaim about Vaapad and Sora Bulq, and Disney, but I never got around to it.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
also fire you probably already saw all my nice comments in the dead PM; keep playing. You and Nabe made my first game in a long while incredibly special for me.

(also +respect points for you not using the Kon information to cheat)
Glad to have made this game incredible to you, Though I'm not sure I'm the MVP for town.

#HBC | Nabe

Nabe how can we be so sure it wasn't you. You might have an ability to force a tie to occur. Especially with one of Mace's popular lines being "We'll let the senate decide your fate"

I think you played just fine, by the way. I'd be lying if I said that I had expected you to go along with me for as long as you did, but you had the right idea a lot of the time (see above) and you figured out that redirecting Z25 to you was a good play, and kept your redirect that phase so ambiguous that I helplessly crashed into you in confusion.

Did you believing my claim have anything to do with your wagers being halved, since I said my wagers were doubled?

Maven89

Smash Master
My own thoughts is that town got off to a bad start. Nabes pictures dominated the first day, then the next two were largely focused on LoneKonWolf and his shenanigans. The mafia lost a lot of people in that time, but town was also way behind on quality scum hunting and getting reads. I think that’s part of the reason the last few days dealt largely with mechanics.

I know personally I was so invested in the LoneKonWolf v Nabe that I had little time for anything else, but my largest weakness is that I find it hard to focus on more than one person in a game. Nabe’s claim was starting to crumble about his day 1 posts, but Murphy was just so unnatural about everything. Then I died

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Glad to have made this game incredible to you, Though I'm not sure I'm the MVP for town.
I mean, let's be real here, who else would I put as the MVP for the Town? Most of Town played the game of "I'm not really going to be proactively scumhunting until I'm the Lynch target". Shish and Moydoy played good town, too (I made one point in the Dead PM about Shish needing to cool it on RVS since the goal is to get out of RVS ASAP and into talking, and I think Moydoy could have been a little more proactive earlier, but Day 1 isn't exactly an easy day - Hell, my chance of having a good day 1 is like, 50/50), but I think what caught me about your play was how receptive you were to improving and honing in your play style - Learning about Post ISO's, asking questions, making stuff generally happen in a proactive discussion for town without spewing wine. I'd rather highlight that over people who pressed shiny buttons.

Really, had everyone not thrown out most (or even a fraction of) what I said, the post ISO's about Nabe would have had him lynched over Z25, in my opinion. Though, that's also easy for me to say because I knew he was scum the whole time, lol.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
My own thoughts is that town got off to a bad start. Nabes pictures dominated the first day, then the next two were largely focused on LoneKonWolf and his shenanigans. The mafia lost a lot of people in that time, but town was also way behind on quality scum hunting and getting reads. I think that’s part of the reason the last few days dealt largely with mechanics.

I know personally I was so invested in the LoneKonWolf v Nabe that I had little time for anything else, but my largest weakness is that I find it hard to focus on more than one person in a game. Nabe’s claim was starting to crumble about his day 1 posts, but Murphy was just so unnatural about everything. Then I died
The delicious beauty of it all is Kon's wine and all the Roleblocker/Redirector nonsense definitely won us scum the game.

Like, I didn't read carefully, but I'm pretty sure Z25 and my whole "No Result" crap ended up making them a very viable lynch target, as I kept saying "probably a third-party. get rid of them."

#HBC | Nabe

A few things, I guess, since they're fairly large points.

Even I don't know why I started with the posting restriction, other than that I've always wanted to have that particular restriction. There was no hard goal aside from chaos, but I certainly didn't set out to ruin anyone's time. On the contrary, I've always enjoyed trying to decipher posting restrictions, although they've fallen out of vogue. I had a lot of fun doing it, too, so I hope that it didn't ruin everyone's enjoyment in the way that it seemed to ruin one player's.

As an aside, I turned it into a silencing effect that someone had hit me with for a couple reasons. For one, I mistakenly made a post with text, even though I had decided to only do pictures, and that would more realistically result in a modvote on me, which I couldn't replicate effectively without Vaan backing it up. And I knew that keeping it up for the whole game would put me at a disadvantage if I ever had to make any serious arguments. And, I had planned to claim a droid to explain the pictures, before remembering that unless I wanted to claim Skippy the Jedi Droid or General Grievous, I really had no good options, and would also be throwing away the very good claim of Mace Windu.

Also the mafia needed help so why did they decline kons offer? Was it nabe?
At that point, I was already convinced that Kon was cheating, not only because of his thin reasoning for scumreads on me and praline in thread, but because he had picked out my phrasing of "Take a seat", and he knew that it had removed his vote. After Mayo Clinic and before this game, Bard had mentioned in private that he thought Kon had a history of cheating, so I was on the lookout from the second that Natz was lynched. Then, Kon sent a Night PM to Chu detailing the identities of the scumteam (he was unsure between Koops and Maven for a single post, then mysteriously decided that Koops had scumslipped) and he wouldn't take no for an answer when Chu said no. Even Chu said three times in the scum PM, "Wow, Kon is cheating!" although he was joking at the time.

So, I told Chu to just say no, and when that didn't work, told Chu to tell Kon to PM me if he thought I was scum. Kon said no, so I had absolutely no reason to think that he was on our side. The fact that he had already used his knowledge to lynch praline hadn't helped, either, and neither did the fact that he threatened to shoot me if we didn't comply, which he said would cause him to lose the game. All of that is why we decided he needed to be taken out of the picture, so I calmly went about doing that by telling people that he had claimed traitor and getting him lynched when Day began.

And doing that made the game a slog towards the end, as we hemorrhaged scum members and didn't have the benefit of that second Duel every Night. But, it wouldn't be much of a win at all if we had joined up with Kon and he had suggested all the players who needed to die, anyway. Instead, this was an exhilarating game from start to finish, and in some small way I have Kon to thank for that.

A much better candidate for gratitude is vaanrose vaanrose , who really put together a great setup. I know how agonizing it can be to run such a large machine with a lot of moving parts that you care about. And it's fine that Alpha got a mod error confirmation, no worries, no biggie, lynched him anyway. (Sorry, AlphaSSB AlphaSSB .) I hope your experience hosting wasn't marred by one or two of the players, because all the work (and artwork!) that you put into it really shines through, and for me it was at least tied for the best mafia game I've played in, for sure.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Not gonna lie, as a spectator who merely watched the game, this was one hell of a crazy ride.

I wasn't fond of the picture shenanigans, but as much as I hated it, it somehow miraculously worked, which is a pretty amazing thing in and of itself. After that, the game was just crazy. Cheating allegations, ShinyDull claiming Nabe was town with in some sort of weird gambit that somehow just made Nabe unsuspected for most of the game, and so on... It was insane!

With that said, I will bring up one thing while we're on the Bardull subject;

DUDE, you were supposed to help Shiny, not fully take over things for him. You kinda overstepped your boundaries there by actually shoving him aside and playing in his place, imo. Especially since he was playing really well this time around.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
This game showed that Shiny clearly doesn't need help.

Frankly I think Bar is the one who needs it.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
"Greetings. You have reached the voicemail box of 'BARDEEEEEEZZZZYYYYYYYYYYY' who is unavailable right now. To leave a message, press 1. To leave a call-back number, press 2. To be invited to Shiny/Bard's role PM to fully understand the dynamics of their in-game relationship, press 3. For a pre-recorded message response filled with meming, press 4."

No further comment, not even on the touchy subject; I'm supposed to be on break right now anyway.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

I think you played just fine, by the way. I'd be lying if I said that I had expected you to go along with me for as long as you did, but you had the right idea a lot of the time (see above) and you figured out that redirecting Z25 to you was a good play, and kept your redirect that phase so ambiguous that I helplessly crashed into you in confusion.

Did you believing my claim have anything to do with your wagers being halved, since I said my wagers were doubled?
I kind of knew someone most likely had a defensive duel ability and the only characters that really made sense to have that was Mace or Obi Wan, so it yeah it helped seeing you have double wagers.

Maven89

Smash Master
This game showed that Shiny clearly doesn't need help.

Frankly I think Bar is the one who needs it.
I think this is an interesting discussion.

Was Bard wrong for trying to read how Nabe handled the investigation, when Bard was limited in who he could investigate?

Nabe believed his Godfather role would make him appear town, and Bard recognized how Nabe was acting, and assumed this meant an investigation into Nabe would be pointless as it'd come up town. But it turns out Nabe was wrong, and the investigation would have shown him scum. Bard did try to investigate Nabe, but he was short one vote, and couldn't investigate again, so because of his read he decided to not try it again.

Bard did recognize the idea Nabe was still scum here

Or, Nabe is a godfather.

Either way, a cop check will not yield the result we want.

Trust your feelings, Luke. :^)
So, Bard read Nabe 100% correctly, but Nabe was wrong. Is what Bard did good play, or bad play?

Part of me thinks it's good play. Another part of me believes I'd have checked Nabe anyways, because what else would a scum do when faced with an investigation, argue against it? That would make him even more of a target. But if Nabe was correct in his role, and Bard's check would have given a town regardless, Bard would have been right to not waste it.

But Nabe was wrong, and Bard would have found the scum member that cost town the game. So my mind isn't made up.

vaanrose vaanrose , what do you think?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean personally I love trying to decipher post restrictions lol. It's fun.

I think that's part of why I initially called Nabe as town. It gave me flashbacks to Swamp in Animafia before that game became a mess. Had fun "translating" the madness there too.

D

Deleted member

I mean personally I love trying to decipher post restrictions lol. It's fun.

I think that's part of why I initially called Nabe as town. It gave me flashbacks to Swamp in Animafia before that game became a mess. Had fun "translating" the madness there too.
brb gonna give everyone a different post restriction in MHA Mafia

BarDulL

Town Vampire

Was Bard wrong for trying to read how Nabe handled the investigation, when Bard was limited in who he could investigate?

Nabe believed his Godfather role would make him appear town, and Bard recognized how Nabe was acting, and assumed this meant an investigation into Nabe would be pointless as it'd come up town. But it turns out Nabe was wrong, and the investigation would have shown him scum. Bard did try to investigate Nabe, but he was short one vote, and couldn't investigate again, so because of his read he decided to not try it again.

So, Bard read Nabe 100% correctly, but Nabe was wrong. Is what Bard did good play, or bad play?

Part of me thinks it's good play. Another part of me believes I'd have checked Nabe anyways, because what else would a scum do when faced with an investigation, argue against it? That would make him even more of a target. But if Nabe was correct in his role, and Bard's check would have given a town regardless, Bard would have been right to not waste it.

But Nabe was wrong, and Bard would have found the scum member that cost town the game. So my mind isn't made up.

Ahhh ok fine I'll comment on some things.

Nabe went out of his way to get a result on himself when praline was up to be lynched. Literally would have been suicide for his team to do this. If he was scum, he was either a godfather (aka had some way to tamper with my check), or he misunderstood his role. Or he gambled like a mad-man, but this pretty much would have equated to game-throwing, lol. I'm actually surprised Nabe misunderstood his role, but it ended up benefitting his team remarkably.

There's other things though that people didn't notice:

1. No one else ever got "force-choked" for the rest of the game; no one got the picture restriction.
2. Nabe's second post of the game was in text, and knowing Nabe, he would have sooner explained what had happened to him at the cost of force points as opposed to negligently posting text (which I assume was him removing a vote from himself?). I voiced my concerns in my role PM with Shiny about this, lol.
3. Nabe oddly tried to deter the Golden check when Golden was in a position of detriment (being a second roleblocker in a game where there were two redirectors, one of which was a mafia while the other was likely Town [referring to FE]. Given Golden's lack of thread presence, he was going to be an inevitable lynch target if he wasn't checked). It just seemed out of place and a bit bizarre on Nabe's behalf, but of course he was doing this to possibly distance himself from Koopa while trying to retain the possibility of getting a lynch off of Golden in later day phases.

Otherwise, I felt that Nabe prevailed strongly in micro-interactions. His micro-level play is very good. Great lesson learned here to analyze the entire scope of gameplay.

In other news, day kills suck. Who was responsible for this? >:[. I never joined the green room because I was dealing with dirtier business, so I don't have any idea.

Regarding Shiny: I think Shiny learned a lot from our role PM, which is over 7 pages long at 40ppp. I think it would have been better if we had gotten a less complicated role that didn't look so scummy (imagine Shiny trying to tell everyone that we needed to get a "majority" vote on someone to use our ability...multiple people thought we had some kind of execution ability even when I had Shiny post my long post LOL). Anyway, I just think it's odd that people are making statements that my play was bad and Shiny's was good when they haven't checked the role PM yet. :glare:

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I had completely forgotten about this quote, but FE reminded me. I posted it when we had the fake claimed result on Nabe, LOL!

God if Nabe is somehow scum and we randomly get shot by a scum day vig, no one will ever let me forget it for the rest of my life LMAO

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
In other news, day kills suck. Who was responsible for this? >:[. I never joined the green room because I was dealing with dirtier business, so I don't have any idea.
The day kill is, in fact, a delayed night kill. It's a night action, affected by all the block and redirect actions, that simply takes effect half way through the next day phase.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
The day kill is, in fact, a delayed night kill. It's a night action, affected by all the block and redirect actions, that simply takes effect half way through the next day phase.
Bahumbug.

Didn't myself and Shiny hide behind Fire Emblemier though? Or were we roleblocked and selected with the delayed kill? Guess Scum was really out for us.

I’m not sorry lol
Not one of my bigger fans of late. :[

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

I don't find this particular play to be a bad one. I thought about this interaction a lot when people in the graveyard were ripping on Bardull. I think people judge whether a play was good or not based soley on whether the results of the play are good or bad, but in my opinion that's a flawed way to look at it, because when you make the play, you do not have all the knowledge of the setup. So I tend to care more about whether I think the play is good based on the limited knowledge the player has available to them at that point, regardless of the results.

I think about it like a game of poker. I get dealt a 7, 2 unsuited, statistically the worst starting hand in the game with the smallest odds of winning. Of course I'm going to fold it, playing it is asking to lose that round. So I fold, but then comes the flop, and it's 2, 7, 2. I would have had a full house. Damn, I sure made a mistake, huh? No. Just because in this case the hand would have won me the round doesn't mean it was a good idea to stay in and bet on it. It would have had a good result, but it's objectively a bad play to even try to win off the worst possible starting hand. Whether I stay in and play or fold is a decision I have to make before I see the flop, so the results of that flop have nothing to do with whether it was a good play or not.

So I think Bardull's read of Nabe as town was a good one, because he had a solid reason to believe it. Nabe was not bluffing about how confident he was in that check coming back clean, because he did not realize the check was specifically an allegiance check and not an alignment check. So Nabe was wrong in his confidence, but Bardull was right in seeing that confidence.

In a similar way, Bardull wanting to check Golden instead of Thirdkoopa isn't a bad play, either. Thirdkoopa was just one of several people who hadn't revealed anything about his role, while Golden was claiming to be a second roleblocker. It makes perfect sense to check the doubled up role while ignoring what was just one of several blank spots.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
tbh Bard, I was adamant about that kill simply because you two were confirmed town. It was the same reason I was adamant about killing Golden. Both Shiny and Golden were pro-town voices that would never get the noos so I had to make sure they were out of the way.

Worked better than expected, honestly.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Bahumbug.

Didn't myself and Shiny hide behind Fire Emblemier though? Or were we roleblocked and selected with the delayed kill? Guess Scum was really out for us.

Not one of my bigger fans of late. :[
Well Natz is very special to me so that whole dilemma kinda made me think less of you but give me a couple days and I’m sure things will go back to how they were.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
three roleblockers, vaan.

What were you on and where can I get some?
One roleblocker and two roles people think are roleblockers but are different mechanically. I don't even consider Z25's disarm a kind of roleblocker, as any standard action goes through. Golden's was definitely a blocker, but it was unique in that in left people open for attack, and had limited uses. Maven was the only vanilla roleblocker.

D

Deleted member

They're more visually interesting and stand out better against the background.
>:^(

Ok but seriously, if something has no mechanical purpose, it shouldn't be listed alongside allegiances and cop check results.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
>:^(

Ok but seriously, if something has no mechanical purpose, it shouldn't be listed alongside allegiances and cop check results.
There's nothing wrong with a red herring, particularly one that gets conversations going.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Well Natz is very special to me so that whole dilemma kinda made me think less of you but give me a couple days and I’m sure things will go back to how they were.
I know praline. It's a hard subject to talk about and I definitely could've managed it much better, and I know there were many here who got upset with what I had done because she was a dear friend. As a moderator of this forum, I did what I felt I needed to do to correct the behavior and to make sure everyone here understood that it was not ok to do this no matter who was doing it. It is a tough spot to be in and unfortunately I was one of only two people who knew the extent by which the behavior had occurred. Naturally, I felt the obligation of being the messenger laid with myself and not Nabe. I have felt stress about it since it happened.

In some respects, I am glad "the school of fish" did what they could to prevent the room ban; I do want Natz to come back at some point when she and everyone else is ready; I think it is safe to assume this kind of incident will not happen again among us here. At least, it better not. :mad:

We can talk more about it in PMs if you like, one Stark to another. I don't think the public wants or needs more of it.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I definitely could've managed it much better and I know there were many here who got upset with what I had done because she was a dear friend..
You should not conflate the issues and think any criticism of you comes solely from a defense of Natz. She can be guilty and deserve a ban, and you can have acted in bad faith. They're not mutually exclusive. I find the way you treated her to be unjustifiable.

Last edited:

Maven89

Smash Master
edit: I retract this comment. It was unnecessary. I want Dgames to continue without bitter drama fights. What I originally posted would only further an argument that I think has run it's course. Some people will think Bard was unreasonable, others wont. There's no need for me or anyone else to try and fight to the death over it. What happened happened, and I hope we can all continue to play mafia together without this event tearing us apart. I apologize to Vaanrose and everyone who supported Natz and LonekonWolf, and I apologize for directly insulting both of them. I made a judgement about them as human beings, but I do not know them and my judgement was unfounded. Lets just all play mafia

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
You should not conflate the issues and think any criticism of you comes solely from a defense of Natz. She can be guilty and deserve a ban, and you can have acted in bad faith. They're not mutually exclusive. I find the way you treated her to be unjustifiable.
Vaan, you are very protective and loyal to your close friends to a large degree. It is something I do respect. I knew you would react this way more than anyone else.

I opted for transparency with the community, and in fire and fury, did what I felt I needed to do to get to the bottom of things. In that respect, I was impartial; justice is blind. It didn't matter who it was at the end of the line, even if it was Natz.

Should I have posted the PMs? No. Should I have threatened this individual with a room ban/perm ban? No. Sometimes, pursuits such as these as well as transparency runs at too high of a cost. I do agree that the ends do not justify the means; mistakes were made, and the process was improved.

In my mind, someone who has lied to both the players and the respective hosts must be pursued by someone who moderates this part of the forum. That is my job. It doesn't matter who it is that is doing it.

That's all I can say to you on the matter. I am sorry I upset you.

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I want to just end this post with some notes, since, I want my thoughts cleared:

A few things, I guess, since they're fairly large points.

Even I don't know why I started with the posting restriction, other than that I've always wanted to have that particular restriction. There was no hard goal aside from chaos, but I certainly didn't set out to ruin anyone's time. On the contrary, I've always enjoyed trying to decipher posting restrictions, although they've fallen out of vogue. I had a lot of fun doing it, too, so I hope that it didn't ruin everyone's enjoyment in the way that it seemed to ruin one player's.

As an aside, I turned it into a silencing effect that someone had hit me with for a couple reasons. For one, I mistakenly made a post with text, even though I had decided to only do pictures, and that would more realistically result in a modvote on me, which I couldn't replicate effectively without Vaan backing it up. And I knew that keeping it up for the whole game would put me at a disadvantage if I ever had to make any serious arguments. And, I had planned to claim a droid to explain the pictures, before remembering that unless I wanted to claim Skippy the Jedi Droid or General Grievous, I really had no good options, and would also be throwing away the very good claim of Mace Windu.

At that point, I was already convinced that Kon was cheating, not only because of his thin reasoning for scumreads on me and praline in thread, but because he had picked out my phrasing of "Take a seat", and he knew that it had removed his vote. After Mayo Clinic and before this game, Bard had mentioned in private that he thought Kon had a history of cheating, so I was on the lookout from the second that Natz was lynched. Then, Kon sent a Night PM to Chu detailing the identities of the scumteam (he was unsure between Koops and Maven for a single post, then mysteriously decided that Koops had scumslipped) and he wouldn't take no for an answer when Chu said no. Even Chu said three times in the scum PM, "Wow, Kon is cheating!" although he was joking at the time.

So, I told Chu to just say no, and when that didn't work, told Chu to tell Kon to PM me if he thought I was scum. Kon said no, so I had absolutely no reason to think that he was on our side. The fact that he had already used his knowledge to lynch praline hadn't helped, either, and neither did the fact that he threatened to shoot me if we didn't comply, which he said would cause him to lose the game. All of that is why we decided he needed to be taken out of the picture, so I calmly went about doing that by telling people that he had claimed traitor and getting him lynched when Day began.

And doing that made the game a slog towards the end, as we hemorrhaged scum members and didn't have the benefit of that second Duel every Night. But, it wouldn't be much of a win at all if we had joined up with Kon and he had suggested all the players who needed to die, anyway. Instead, this was an exhilarating game from start to finish, and in some small way I have Kon to thank for that.

A much better candidate for gratitude is vaanrose vaanrose , who really put together a great setup. I know how agonizing it can be to run such a large machine with a lot of moving parts that you care about. And it's fine that Alpha got a mod error confirmation, no worries, no biggie, lynched him anyway. (Sorry, AlphaSSB AlphaSSB .) I hope your experience hosting wasn't marred by one or two of the players, because all the work (and artwork!) that you put into it really shines through, and for me it was at least tied for the best mafia game I've played in, for sure.

Pretty much I'm mostly in agreement with Nabe's posts on the game. The main things I'll say though is I feel Town played their roles right, but, this was definitely a lesson to be had in scumhunting: If it's not done earlier, why should Town have any reason to trust you when your head is on the noose? I think BarDull said it the best: There was a lot of good micro level plays, but at a Macro level, things did not go so hot for the Town. I'm kinda against saying "Derp Town" or "Derp Scum" these days unless they absolutely sabotaged their team, so, let me just put it this way: Did Town play badly? Absolutely not. Did Town miss out completely on those first few days of scumhunting (Thanks in part to the confusion served by Kon and Nabe)? Yes. Is that Scum's Fault? No. As long as the setup isn't broken/*******, a Townie with a pen and a paper will always beat a scum team.

Oh, and Town, try not to post only when you're on the chopping block. Speaking of... The scum team actually had a similar problem.

I'm done berating that at the Town since I'm pretty much beating a dead horse. I want to see the improvement.

For Scum, I think this is a HUGE lesson to come up with fakeclaims sooner, even if you're already given them. We did not plan for the worst and we purely planned to get everyone through being a manipulative team (Which doesn't work as well in Role Madness). Basically, we planned as if it were a mountainous game, and it shows. Fakeclaims would have probably not saved any of us, but, at the very least, I'm absolutely positive that Pokechu, Praline, and I could have caused more wine on our deaths. If Praline set up that Vengeful Townie fakeclaim sooner, we could have caused more ruckus in the day phase, along with planning out the bus better. Pokechu's fakeclaim was the least worked on and I regret that. We had 0 alliance planning whatsoever (I even asked my scum team "who should I contact" and I did that far too late) I just threw some crap together and shot myself in the foot (as properly guessed by @Shishœ I was running my ass off to not look suspicious. Points for him for getting that right)

So... Scum didn't play bad at all; we just had no preparations for getting caught or backed into a corner. I figured "oh, we have Pokechu, the active poster, me, and Nabe's experienced, we'll be fine and drown the town in Wine." It was anything but. The only part I feel I planned for well, personally, was my bus at the very end. I made damn sure Town would throw out everything I said, and even that could have backfired.

Overall, fun game. Amazing (but swingy and slight *******) setup. Amazing art. I hope we all can use this game as a learning utensil for the future; I know I have places I'm rusty on for the next time I'm scum.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Yeah vaanrose vaanrose , I loved the setup. Despite the loss, At least it felt a little accurate to the movies. Order 66 has commenced and the Jedi Order are now Extinct. I was extremely impressed with the effort and part of the fun when a flip happened was seeing the amazing portraits of the characters.
Anyway, I got to keep improving overall, I think part of the problem was a felt a little burnt for a day or two after Alpha's lynch and wasn't too focused on the game in such a pertinent phase. Also one thing I got to get used to doing is taking notes on paper, pretty much relied on memory the whole time :laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom