• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Phantom Mafia - So This Is How Liberty Dies

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Hey, so someone sent me something last night, I believe since what was sent has town intent a townie must of sent it. So whoever sent me something say so and say what you sent me as well.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Okay, with the remaining player count, and the fact that I finally got a result last Night, I think it's time for me to speak up about my role.

So I'm Kit Fisto (dunno if that name is of any significance), and one of my abilities is essentially a form of alignment checker (now you see why I didn't want to talk about it before). How it works is, each Night I pick a player, their alignment is compared to that of the player I picked the previous Night, and I learn whether or not the two players share the same alignment. So essentially I have to put together a chain of results, and judge for myself whether those results indicate that someone is town or otherwise.

On night 1, I chose Shiny, as he was my strongest town read at the time and I wanted to use him as my barometer, but it failed because Maven blocked me. However, the expected result on night 1 was a "no result", since I had nobody to compare Shiny to, so I didn't know for sure that it failed until night 2 - if you look again at my response to Maven asking me to confirm his roleblock, you can probably tell I sounded a little uncertain, but I didn't want to reveal anything at that point.

On night 2, I chose Nabe, and got a result of "Nabe is ready to be checked" - I didn't want to check Shiny again just in case Maven had lied about blocking me. Last Night, I checked Z25, and learned that he and Nabe are of the same alignment.

So by process of elimination, there are three likely scenarios at play here:

1. There is one remaining mafioso, being either Thirdkoopa, Shish, or FE.
2. There are two remaining mafia, and I need another night to get a definitive result on Nabe and Z25.
3. A godfather exists, and either me or Shiny found them (narrowing them down to Nabe or Z25), making my result uncertain.

Based on Nabe's play around when we were trying to get him copped, and Bard's subsequent explanation for why he's unlikely to be mafia, I'm thinking option 1 is most likely. And right now I'm more inclined to trust Shish and FE. So Thirdkoopa, what do you have to say in your defence?

----
(I also have a second ability which lets me check a player and learn if the ability they used that Night is Light, Dark or Grey, but I haven't used it yet, and seeing town players show up with Dark abilities means it probably wouldn't be too reliable anyway, unless used in tandem with the other ability - which is possible, but costs Force points, which I've used exclusively for self-defence so far.)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Vote: Moydow
It’s sadly not moydow who did the kill.

I disabled them last night.

Of course they may be mafia still but they didn’t kill.

That leaves my other gut feeling that it’s nabe.

But moydow won’t speak about their role.

So Moydow Moydow role claim please. It’s getting down to the wire here and if your town we will need your help

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Also I redirected Moydow to z25 so she couldn't have performed a kill.

So Moydow Moydow role claim please. It’s getting down to the wire here and if your town we will need your help
This as well

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Okay, with the remaining player count, and the fact that I finally got a result last Night, I think it's time for me to speak up about my role.

So I'm Kit Fisto (dunno if that name is of any significance), and one of my abilities is essentially a form of alignment checker (now you see why I didn't want to talk about it before). How it works is, each Night I pick a player, their alignment is compared to that of the player I picked the previous Night, and I learn whether or not the two players share the same alignment. So essentially I have to put together a chain of results, and judge for myself whether those results indicate that someone is town or otherwise.

On night 1, I chose Shiny, as he was my strongest town read at the time and I wanted to use him as my barometer, but it failed because Maven blocked me. However, the expected result on night 1 was a "no result", since I had nobody to compare Shiny to, so I didn't know for sure that it failed until night 2 - if you look again at my response to Maven asking me to confirm his roleblock, you can probably tell I sounded a little uncertain, but I didn't want to reveal anything at that point.

On night 2, I chose Nabe, and got a result of "Nabe is ready to be checked" - I didn't want to check Shiny again just in case Maven had lied about blocking me. Last Night, I checked Z25, and learned that he and Nabe are of the same alignment.

So by process of elimination, there are three likely scenarios at play here:

1. There is one remaining mafioso, being either Thirdkoopa, Shish, or FE.
2. There are two remaining mafia, and I need another night to get a definitive result on Nabe and Z25.
3. A godfather exists, and either me or Shiny found them (narrowing them down to Nabe or Z25), making my result uncertain.

Based on Nabe's play around when we were trying to get him copped, and Bard's subsequent explanation for why he's unlikely to be mafia, I'm thinking option 1 is most likely. And right now I'm more inclined to trust Shish and FE. So Thirdkoopa, what do you have to say in your defence?

----
(I also have a second ability which lets me check a player and learn if the ability they used that Night is Light, Dark or Grey, but I haven't used it yet, and seeing town players show up with Dark abilities means it probably wouldn't be too reliable anyway, unless used in tandem with the other ability - which is possible, but costs Force points, which I've used exclusively for self-defence so far.)

Lol never mind that tag.

But that’s useful info. Nabe has to be godfather. I know I’m town. Which mean he has a town alignment. And if that’s the cause then when we look at his past actions it makes a lot of sense.

He wanted the check so badly because he knew it would fully clear after that weird silencer act.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Lol never mind that tag.

But that’s useful info. Nabe has to be godfather. I know I’m town. Which mean he has a town alignment. And if that’s the cause then when we look at his past actions it makes a lot of sense.

He wanted the check so badly because he knew it would fully clear after that weird silencer act.
Could still be thirdkoopa as well.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I'm certainly considering the possibility of a godfather as well. So the three people I think need to start speaking up more today are Z25, Nabe, and Thirdkoopa.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm certainly considering the possibility of a godfather as well. So the three people I think need to start speaking up more today are Z25, Nabe, and Thirdkoopa.
What more can I say? I’ve been active and detailed my whole role already.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Just to reiterate so people are clear, I've elected to reduce the day phases down to 24 Hours in light of the fact that we're down to less than half the players left alive.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
What more can I say? I’ve been active and detailed my whole role already.
Ah, your lightsaber disabler, right? Sorry. Though unfortunately I've no way to confirm that myself, since I don't have an attack action of my own, and I didn't get targeted last Night (if I did, then either I'd be dead, or you'd be proven a liar). Was there anything else of relevance, or was that it? I'm going to run through the thread again tomorrow anyway, but this would be more convenient. :p

D

Deleted member

It was more of a process of elimination as all the suspects left were Moy and Thirdkoopa.
In which case

Vote: Thirdkoopa

Hey, so someone sent me something last night, I believe since what was sent has town intent a townie must of sent it. So whoever sent me something say so and say what you sent me as well.
I don't know what use my White Lightsaber will be of but I hope it serves to do something.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ah, your lightsaber disabler, right? Sorry. Though unfortunately I've no way to confirm that myself, since I don't have an attack action of my own, and I didn't get targeted last Night (if I did, then either I'd be dead, or you'd be proven a liar). Was there anything else of relevance, or was that it? I'm going to run through the thread again tomorrow anyway, but this would be more convenient. :p
yes but I could just as easily say you can’t prove your ability. We shouldn’t focus on that t discredit something.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
It was more of a process of elimination as all the suspects left were Moy and Thirdkoopa.
In which case

I don't know what use my White Lightsaber will be of but I hope it serves to do something.
Good to know.
Don't worry if we don't lynch scum today it will serve a use.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I don't know if this is too speculative right now, but how many mafia do we suppose are left in the game? We've already eliminated two plus the traitor, so I'd expect only one more... but Pokechu (who of course ended up being mafia) seemed pretty convinced that there were four in total, and looking back their explanation sounds more and more like they were caught making a slip. If that's the case it would mean there are two remaining, though a potential of five total mafiosi sounds a bit too much for a game of this size.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't know if this is too speculative right now, but how many mafia do we suppose are left in the game? We've already eliminated two plus the traitor, so I'd expect only one more... but Pokechu (who of course ended up being mafia) seemed pretty convinced that there were four in total, and looking back their explanation sounds more and more like they were caught making a slip. If that's the case it would mean there are two remaining, though a potential of five total mafiosi sounds a bit too much for a game of this size.
I think just one makes sense. It has to be The Godfather. No way could this game have had 5 mafia. The traitor basically confirmed that he mafia has 3 people because of the size and that a 4th was possible

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Maybe they were informed thwre was a traitor but didn't know who they were.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
In any case, if necessary we have the numbers to survive at least two more mislynches (except in the unlikely event that there are two mafiosi remaining, and they can perform multiple nightkills between them). So I think from here it's a matter of lynching either Nabe or Thirdkoopa today, and the other one tomorrow if necessary, and that should be the end of it.

Which is lucky for me, since I'm probably the mafia's number one target now. So... it was nice knowing you all, I guess? :p Though no worries, we almost have this in the bag now.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I'm Jocasta Nu. I have two abilities so I'm safe to claim both of them at this point. One of mine is an unblockable ability where I can meditate and give any player 3 of my force points. The other of mine is an ability where I can check the archives and find out one player's role and name - only usable once (so, everything but alignment cop). Given Praline's flip, I decided not to bother with that. I can also meditate and restore my own points in return of learning information about the setup, but, I haven't chosen to do that.

Night 1 - I was roleblocked; target was Shin since I figured their Daycop might be rechargable.
Night 2 - was Kon, but, turned out he was a traitor. I was caught completely blindsided by that and his whacky claim in the daylight that I just figured we should all let him hang.
Night 3 - was going to be Fire Emblemier, but I was looking to see if he was 100% proven town first (I was just looking for proof of the redirect); he can back me up on this, but, I opted to give it to Golden instead. In hindsight, I should have given it to him, but I figured one of the two was going to probably bite the bullet last night so I wanted to take less risks on it.

Can and will answer all questions. It's why I was so adamant getting the Roleblocker nonsense sorted out, too, but I wanted to give scum as little information as possible.

I want to see massclaims from everyone first before we decide a lynching target. If I'm to be the lynching target, so be it; most of the Scum are down, so I'm willing to be for the sake of the town.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Are you sure you didn't target me, cause I gained force points last night. Might've been because of shish though.
Also I'm Shaak Ti. I can redirect for free and use my force points to be an anti roleblock of sorts making sure an action goes through. Though I haven't used it.

D

Deleted member

Are you sure you didn't target me, cause I gained force points last night. Might've been because of shish though.
Also I'm Shaak Ti. I can redirect for free and use my force points to be an anti roleblock of sorts making sure an action goes through. Though I haven't used it.
Yes, the lightsabers give extra force points
you weren't supposed to say that, it was a secret >:^(

Which is also why I feel like Third's claim is bull. First is the fact his ability seems to be a straight upgrade from mine, the only difference being that I give lightsabers(which are limited to two a person, including the one they already have). Second, why would anyone choose to NOT learn setup info if given the ability to do so?
And finally, and most importantly
. I have two
One of mine is an unblockable ability where I can meditate and give any player 3 of my force points.
The other of mine is an ability where I can check the archives and find out one player's role and name - only usable once
. I can also meditate and restore my own points in return of learning information about the setup, but, I haven't chosen to do that.
>Says they have two abilities
>Lists three
Would be a forgivable and possibly honest mistake but then
unblockable ability
I was roleblocked
Considering his story relies on him being roleblocked, this is a definite contradiction.
And we know it's not any of the other two, blockable, abilities because he himself confirmed to have never used them.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yes, the lightsabers give extra force points
you weren't supposed to say that, it was a secret >:^(

Which is also why I feel like Third's claim is bull. First is the fact his ability seems to be a straight upgrade from mine, the only difference being that I give lightsabers(which are limited to two a person, including the one they already have). Second, why would anyone choose to NOT learn setup info if given the ability to do so?
And finally, and most importantly

>Lists three

Considering his story relies on him being roleblocked, this is a definite contradiction.
And we know it's not any of the other two, blockable, abilities because he himself confirmed to have never used them.
Good points. Seems like this was a rushed fake claim.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Second, why would anyone choose to NOT learn setup info if given the ability to do so?
I decided to give it to a townie instead.

>Lists three
Meditation ability is all the same one, actually. I checked my role PM; just two different options. I should have clarified.

I was just as confused as you were, which I should have emphasized and I was wondering if something happened. I was also curious if I was redirected onto myself (which would cause that) or mirrored (which works the same as a redirect.

I'll see the other claims, but at this point, I'm honestly not useful, so I'll gladly self-vote to help. Looking at these claims, I feel we only have one scum left, so I don't mind my death.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
And because I am a man of my word.

You guys should get a proper claim out of Nabe and Alpha if nobody knows of those already. After I flip, I think Moydoy and Fire Emblemier are innocent, and I don't know what to make of any of the other four (Shish, Alpha, Nabe, and Z25).

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I don't think Nabe has claimed any abilities, only that he is apparently Mace Windu.

Alpha hasn't claimed any abilities either, but he did claim to have been saved by Maven's ability, which only worked on Jedi (basically he claimed to have been challenged to a duel, which he lost, but Maven came to his aid and died instead). So that would seem to clear him, but still any more information would be useful.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Did anyone else besides me get zero Force points from Joja's flip? I've been blaming Golden for it, but his block shouldn't have done that. Openly claim zero or non-zero please, number not relevant.
Nabe what are your abilities? there's little reason not to claim now.

Top Bottom