• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Phantom Mafia - So This Is How Liberty Dies

D

Deleted member

If I was around at the time, I would of offered to be a guide while dualing. But Bardul already on it meaning we'll each be two slots. May you two do well.
I think I would prefer BarDulL to guide me over you, no offense.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I'm considering trying out 48 hour phases to give people more of chance to contribute and give people more breathing room so they don't have to be "on" all the time.

I think a lot of people start to get burned out by the high pace of 24 hour phases after only a few days, which contributes pretty heavily to how most games end in frustration.

But I'd like to hear opinions.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm considering trying out 48 hour phases to give people more of chance to contribute and give people more breathing room so they don't have to be "on" all the time.

I think a lot of people start to get burned out by the high pace of 24 hour phases after only a few days, which contributes pretty heavily to how most games end in frustration.

I prefer the 24hr period because things will drag on any farther past that, but I won't oppose 48 hour phases if people want them.

D

Deleted member

Sometimes I think 24 is is a good enough pace of info though it does make it too fast for players while 48 is good for players but can end up dragging on. I'll first see how Nabe's Mafia goes with 48-hour phases to give an opinion.

D

Deleted member

24 hours for me.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
From my own experiences so far, 48 hours seems to strike a nice balance between giving people enough time to contribute while not having to be around constantly, while not letting the game drag on for so long that people begin to lose interest. I've been pretty busy lately, so at least for me I'd prefer to have more time to digest information and figure things out.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Pre-FT job, I would have said 24hrs.

Now with me working constant 8hr shifts, def 48hrs lol. And even then, IDK how much I'd be able to contribute since I would have to read pages that I missed and I'm too tired for that.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Pre-FT job, I would have said 24hrs.

Now with me working constant 8hr shifts, def 48hrs lol. And even then, IDK how much I'd be able to contribute since I would have to read pages that I missed and I'm too tired for that.
You signing up for this one?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
24 hours is good for people when they want to get things done quicker. 48 hours still get the job done too.

But some people might not have time to actually participate in this case because they have a job or something else that takes a lot of their time.

However, making the phases longer, while allowing those people to play, also puts them as a severe disadvantage because the ones who could still be around for the shorter phases become much more active than them as a result, leaving the busier people a relatively smaller amount of time to share thoughts or defend themselves.

As such, despite the fact that I really want to play again, I'd rather advocate for a shorter time. It means less people can actually play because some are busy, but it also means the ones who can show up will theoritically be participating more, creating a smaller amount of inactives and thus, a more active game.

Be it 24 or 48 hours, I don't care. If I feel that I don't have enough time to commit, then it's probably a good amount of time for a mafia game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I will not be mad if we do 48 hours, I will be alright.

Mafias can be really long even with 24 hours phases. While 48 hours gives you twice the time, I think 48 hours will make the game have a surplus of room and it can be quite stally and deserted.

Like I said, I am more of a 24 hour guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
It's definitely true that longer phases can create a hierarchy of player activity that can highlight more active players. That's still present to some extent in shorter phases, though, and perhaps more drastically if a player happens to not find time to post at all in a phase.

D

Deleted member

I read the rules again so I got more of a gig.

One PM only is something I can deal with.

I like the idea of a Tiebreaker. This can cause for some great dramatic moments.

Dueling is a really fantastic idea. It makes kills more surprising and fun. Only thing is, this can cause some salt, especially those in the mafia.

Dawn phase is a pretty interesting idea.

Also I forgot about Nabe's Mayo Clinic. :lol:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
katt likes 24 hours :V
but meh as long as i'm not sitting around forever for a game to continue katts pretty much good

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I seem to have not known about this.

I think that I will spectate this game.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
It's definitely true that longer phases can create a hierarchy of player activity that can highlight more active players. That's still present to some extent in shorter phases, though, and perhaps more drastically if a player happens to not find time to post at all in a phase.
remember back when day phases used to be a week and then by the third day phase only like 5 people would post in a game that had 10+ alive? Always a good time.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I'm in this game Count me in.
I would like to try
Have either of you played mafia before? This setup is fairly atypical and more complicated than the average game, and since you both have new accounts, I'd like to make sure you're committed to seeing the game through to the end before I add you. The last time we had a new user with a fresh account show up they ghosted the game after a single day, and that hurts the experience for everybody else.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Roles will go out tomorrow. I want to give these two a chance to reply first.

I think I'll start the game with 48 hour days and 24 hour nights, and if the extra time isn't fully utilized, then we'll drop back down to 24 hour days.

Top Bottom